Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dave Ramsey Gives Dumbass Breeders Bad Advice

Posted by bell_flower 
Dave Ramsey Gives Dumbass Breeders Bad Advice
October 20, 2019
Dave Ramsay is a Fundy dude who has built an empire on common-sense financial advice like: pay cash for everything, do not go into debt, don't spend every cent you make, etc.

He's on Sirius radio and people call in to his show for advice. Invariably the people who call in to talk about one little thing are the ones in the worse shape.

This woman calls in and here are the financial statistics for her fambilee.

married couple living on Phoenix with two kyds
Mommy stays home with brats
Husband was making $85,000 a year doing something in Alaska that required him to be away from home often. He took another job close to home and took a pay cut to $60,000.

one paid off car
late model 4Runner with a $600/month loan
own a rental house in another city that has about $100,000 equity in it.
house payment like $2500 a month on their current residence that is worth $245,000 and they owe $235,000
$70,000 in credit card debt.

So wifey calls Dave and asks what to do. He's like, sell that rental house pronto and pay down your debt. Pay cash for everything from now on. Don't buy new shit, don't eat out, eat rice and beans and beans and rice, etc. Then wifey asks him the clincher question:

What to do about the $500 deposit they put down for IVF? If they don't do the treatment cycle, which will cost them another $3800, they will lose the deposit. Dave, being the uber-Christian Breeder he is, advised them to GO AHEAD WITH THE IVF so they can complete their family.

Head GO BOOM!

Isn't the obvious answer to lose the $500 deposit, pay down your debt and don't have another kid until you get more solvent, if ever. Who needs a third brat anyway?
Re: Dave Ramsay Gives Dumbass Breeders Bad Advice
October 20, 2019
bell_flower
Dave Ramsay is a Fundy dude who has built an empire on common-sense financial advice like: pay cash for everything, do not go into debt, don't spend every cent you make, etc.

He's on Sirius radio and people call in to his show for advice. Invariably the people who call in to talk about one little thing are the ones in the worse shape.

This woman calls in and here are the financial statistics for her fambilee.

married couple living on Phoenix with two kyds
Mommy stays home with brats
Husband was making $85,000 a year doing something in Alaska that required him to be away from home often. He took another job close to home and took a pay cut to $60,000.

one paid off car
late model 4Runner with a $600/month loan
own a rental house in another city that has about $100,000 equity in it.
house payment like $2500 a month on their current residence that is worth $245,000 and they owe $235,000
$70,000 in credit card debt.

So wifey calls Dave and asks what to do. He's like, sell that rental house pronto and pay down your debt. Pay cash for everything from now on. Don't buy new shit, don't eat out, eat rice and beans and beans and rice, etc. Then wifey asks him the clincher question:

What to do about the $500 deposit they put down for IVF? If they don't do the treatment cycle, which will cost them another $3800, they will lose the deposit. Dave, being the uber-Christian Breeder he is, advised them to GO AHEAD WITH THE IVF so they can complete their family.

Head GO BOOM!

Isn't the obvious answer to lose the $500 deposit, pay down your debt and don't have another kid until you get more solvent, if ever. Who needs a third brat anyway?

Oh God, brain matter is oozing out of my ears at the stupid. Forgo the IVF, sell the rental and use the money to pay down debt, and go on a cash diet.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 20, 2019
The other thing that killed me was after he told her they should proceed, he pretty much gave her a free pass to stay home and said: it's time for the Dud to take a second and third job. It's just a given that he won't see his kids for a couple of years while he is working to pay all this off. What.The.Bloody. Fuck?

He did say the woman should try to find a side hustle where she could make some money, but let's get real: if woman is taking care of two kids and in the process of whelping a third, her earning power will be negligible.

I found it offensive that he was ready to yoke the man to working 60-80 hours a week for the next 2-3 years while the female was given a pass to be infantile and dependent herself. She is also an adult. She can also participate in the decision and the work to economically support the kids they have now. Some people want the wife to stay home and raise kids. Whatever, that's a private decision and don't ask me to pay for it. But in this case they have lost that choice due to their own decisions. By law (if they got a divorce) this would be half her debt too. She needs to buck up and help them get out of the hole they both created.
October 21, 2019
There are a lot of religious nuts who see even thinking about $$$ along with kids as "evil" and are glad to see the wife stay at home to "set an example" for other women.
October 21, 2019

and are glad to see the wife stay at home to "set an example" for other women.

I've seen these examples and said, no thank you.

Every job sucks but I'll take an occupational job over taking care of brats any day:

Jobs pay you money--brats cost you money.

Don't like your job? You are free to leave and find a new one. There's no escape from brats, no trading up either.

Most paying jobs are finite--go home at the end of the day and your time belongs to you. Being a Moomy is a 24/7/ endeavor and you can be interrupted at any time. Also, you can retire from having a job---there is no retirement when you have a brat.
October 21, 2019
Maybe Dave thinks they'll give birth to a money tree?

This is idiotic, these people have a spending addiction. That is what 70K in credit card debt is. If nothing else, at least have them both work to pay the debt off before the IVF is started so they don't end up bankrupt with a new brat. They'll use the baybee as an excuse to rack up debt, because we already know they are very proficient at it.
October 23, 2019
There was a really bad one on yesterday. A woman with NO CHILDREN was dating a divorced Dud. They were both about to change cities. She had a good job making $50,000 and the Dud makes $100,000.

The problem? Dud just dropped $100,000 in legal fees to get joint custody of his kid. And now the Moo of his kid was moving out of state and he wanted to follow her so he could see his kid.

The girlfriend called DR and asked him about the move! And guess what. The GIRLFRIEND borrowed money for the boyfriend's legal defense. Dave told the woman he was 'quite concerned' because they were not married and she had no legal status.

SHEEEE-IT. I myself am concerned because this dumb woman is about to get rolled--scratch that--she's already been rolled because she went into debt to pay for this guy's kid! I wanted to smack her upside the head. This woman must be CL and is auditioning for the role of Wife #2 to some loser dud.

You cannot fix desperate and stupid!
October 23, 2019
bell_flower
There was a really bad one on yesterday. A woman with NO CHILDREN was dating a divorced Dud. They were both about to change cities. She had a good job making $50,000 and the Dud makes $100,000.

The problem? Dud just dropped $100,000 in legal fees to get joint custody of his kid. And now the Moo of his kid was moving out of state and he wanted to follow her so he could see his kid.

The girlfriend called DR and asked him about the move! And guess what. The GIRLFRIEND borrowed money for the boyfriend's legal defense. Dave told the woman he was 'quite concerned' because they were not married and she had no legal status.

SHEEEE-IT. I myself am concerned because this dumb woman is about to get rolled--scratch that--she's already been rolled because she went into debt to pay for this guy's kid! I wanted to smack her upside the head. This woman must be CL and is auditioning for the role of Wife #2 to some loser dud.

You cannot fix desperate and stupid!

And now Dud has figured out his girlfriend is desperate enough to do anything for him, including bankrolling him. Hopefully she wasn't counting on a marriage proposal.
October 24, 2019
Oh she definitely was. When he asked her when they were getting married she said they didn't have a date but they "planned" to get married in the future. Lots of giggling and evasion.

Fool!
October 24, 2019
bell_flower
Oh she definitely was. When he asked her when they were getting married she said they didn't have a date but they "planned" to get married in the future. Lots of giggling and evasion.

Fool!

In other words: She asks, he evades! But since he didn't say no that means yes.

I don't know why women fall for this. Is obligating your significant other into marriage ever a good idea?
I've only see it lead to resentment and guilt-trips.
If he hasn't asked and the woman has brought up the subject it isn't likely he is going to ask.

If the tables were turned and he treated her lack of a no to mean a yes, she'd be furious.
October 28, 2019
How is it possibly a good idea to have another kid when you're already struggling? What if the kid winds up being special needs or is a preemie or moo has medical complications from the pregnancy?
October 28, 2019
considering ivf has a higher rate of defects...

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login