Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandfather charged with death of toddler

Posted by cfdavep 
Grandfather charged with death of toddler
October 29, 2019
https://www.yahoo.com/news/charging-grandfather-girls-cruise-ship-041407425.html

I guess the grandfather gets to be the fall guy on this one.
Re: Grandfather charged with death of toddler
October 29, 2019
Bottom line: this happened in an adult area of the ship, not a play area. I'm not going to be a dragon and say people shouldn't bring their kids, but for Goddess's sake, watch your children. Do not count on others to do that for you. This tragedy might have been avoided had the child been in the children's play area and not an adult area. Children's play areas have basic safety things in place and trained individuals to deal with emergencies. Adult areas have other rules and people in place. If you don't want to watch your child whilst on holiday then maybe you shouldn't have had them in the first place.
October 29, 2019
From the article.

The Weigands say the 18-month-old loved banging on the glass at her brother's hockey games. That's why her grandfather sat her on a wooden rail in front of what he apparently thought was a wall of enclosed glass windows. But one window in the children's play area was open, and Chloe fell out of Anello's arms from the 11th story of the Freedom of the Seas cruise ship, operated by Royal Caribbean International.
"Had Royal Caribbean simply followed the rules and regulations that are designed precisely to prevent children from falling out of windows, we wouldn't be here talking about any of this," Winkleman said.

Banging on the glass? Way to encourage your kid to act like a feral beast.

These people are just unbelievable. The grandfather should be the fall guy because it's his fault the kid is dead!
October 29, 2019
..the fall guy for the PNA breeders if it was in fact a PNA
October 29, 2019
If they hadn’t been so gung-ho to sue the cruise liner, this would have been written off as a tragedy and everybody would have moved on. Instead, by filing a lawsuit and going to the media, it required that investigators and lawyers look at the accident more closely. Now, not only is the cruise line not at fault, PeePaw is getting charged with manslaughter.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 29, 2019
cfdavep
gets to be the fall guy

Ah, I see what you did there.
October 30, 2019
How cynical am I to wonder if there was something not quite right about the child, and she was put in granddad's care hoping something would happen?
October 30, 2019
khan
How cynical am I to wonder if there was something not quite right about the child, and she was put in granddad's care hoping something would happen?

Well, I'm a cynic too, I gues,s because if they thought something with the kid was not quite right, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a PNA.
October 31, 2019
I mean, look at it. Deformed head.
October 31, 2019
I always thought that kid had a creepy life size doll look to it.
October 31, 2019
I just read through a bunch of the comments on the article and not a single person is taking the family’s side. Even other people with kids are calling bullshit on this one.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 31, 2019
Seems like elements of this story keep changing, too. Grandfather/family claimed it was a play area for children. I read at least one other article that said it wasn't. But of course, the family has less traction in their claim that "if it's for kids, it should have been enclosed" if the area wasn't, in fact, a play area.
November 05, 2019
cfdavep
I always thought that kid had a creepy life size doll look to it.

Looks like she either has macrocephaly or hydrocephaly.

Regardless, this is all grandpa's fault.
November 06, 2019
Why didn't PawPaw notice that the window was open? Shouldn't he have felt the sea breeze? I suspected a PNA/cash grab from the get go.
November 06, 2019
JoJo
Why didn't PawPaw notice that the window was open? Shouldn't he have felt the sea breeze? I suspected a PNA/cash grab from the get go.

PNA/cash grab, or senility no one wants to admit. That far up in the air, oceanside-- you know there had to be at least a breeze.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login