Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article about childfree men

Posted by ondinette 
Article about childfree men
October 29, 2019
http://httpsus/blog/the-modern-heart/201910/5-reasons-men-choose-be-childfree://www.psychologytoday.com/

Psychology Today article about the common reasons men choose to be childfree. The article is pretty good, but the author seems to be hoping these men will change their minds and have kids, which is annoying.
Re: Article about childfree men
October 29, 2019
noticed that the other day. with the emphasis on the negative aspects. well, you know the anxiety and problem come from the unwashed brain dead cult m'f'r asshats who can't leave us alone with their fucking bingos.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 29, 2019
ondinette
http://httpsus/blog/the-modern-heart/201910/5-reasons-men-choose-be-childfree://www.psychologytoday.com/

Psychology Today article about the common reasons men choose to be childfree. The article is pretty good, but the author seems to be hoping these men will change their minds and have kids, which is annoying.

That's just either a breeder showing his/her colors or a writer knowing where his/her bread is buttered.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 29, 2019
Like women, their reasons are much the same.

Gotta love number 4 tho---LOL:

"Men used their observations of their friends’ negative experiences to justify their decisions to be childfree, naming consequences such as the loss of a sex life and dealing with poorly behaved kids. None of the men named any positive observations of their friends’ experiences with raising children."

It is sad to note that they are more likely to be sick, injured or dead than CF women tho. I do know a single CF man who died before his 40th. The one thing tho, I wonder how many of these CF men are married or in a long term relationship. Men statistically do better in a marriage, at least that is what the research says. My friend tried to take care of himself, but when it came to medical, he tended to cheap out.I personally know I wouldn't let my loved one do that to himself.
October 30, 2019
I didn't think much of the article, especially when I read this:

"Furthermore, compared to fathers, childfree men are less physically and psychologically healthy and are more likely be injured, to die, and to commit suicide."

I also see this false causation in articles about early retirees, of which I am one. Many early retirees had to retire early due to pre-existing health issues which may or may not worsen after they retire. This claim is then used to criticize early retirees by telling them they will develop health issues due to their being retired early. But that is not a reasonable conclusion, no more so than saying those who retired on a Tuesday will develop health issues because many early retirees who developed health issues happened to retire on a Tuesday.

What you have to do in order to filter out this false causation is to remove from the study those early retirees who already had pre-existing health issues and keep only those who retired early while still healthy. Even so, many early retirees develop health issues (as I did) they would have developed had they kept working, so those have to be filtered out, too.

Just substitute "childfree men" for "early retirees" and you will come to the same bad conclusions. A man may have had health issues well before he decided to be CF, and said health issues may make him less desirable to women no matter how he feels about having kids. His health issues may prevent him from having kids, too. To state that deciding to be CF causes those other negative outcomes is just plain wrong.
October 30, 2019
The OP's link is a little funky. Try this instead:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-modern-heart/201910/5-reasons-men-choose-be-childfree
October 30, 2019
Sadly I can't access this from where I am, but I wonder if the article is correlating unmarried and childfree. Certainly I recently read an article about women (the headline was that single women are happier, and then the text started talking about not having kids) that was making the same outdated generalization. As we know, people can be married without having kids, have kids without being married, and be in a long-term relationship without being married.
October 31, 2019
Pretty sure childfree men have more time to devote to self care. My husband is still active in sports, even after most of his friends his age have “retired” due to having kids. He’s in much better shape, but he’s also more prone to injury because that’s a risk that comes with being active.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login