Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advertisement tells women they are pregnant

Posted by yurble 
Advertisement tells women they are pregnant
October 30, 2019
Some asshole company producing shit for breeders, decided that it would be a great idea to send unsolicited baby congratulation cards to random women. They also tried to make it not look like an advert, signing the cards from "Jenny" and trying to make it look like handwriting. The company of course claims they did nothing wrong and it was opt-in, but that doesn't explain why so many women who didn't want these cards got them. The article also points out the company has a history of shady advertising and a low rating for resolving complaints about their adverts.

Of course there was the obligatory comment about how hurtful it would be to someone who was dealing with a miscarriage or infertility, but I was pleased to see that the article highlighted why this is also in poor taste for (implied) CF women:

Ms Hunter Acoster, who is studying at Princeton University in New Jersey, said: "If I was able to talk to Jenny, I would want to tell her that, aside from being an idiotic marketing strategy that will end up alienating potential clients/customers, this was basically just a cruel joke that only resulted in a stressful phone call with my parents."

On Reddit, EllyNeko said she has undergone sterilisation surgery, and the card prompted an awkward conversation with her family.

She told the BBC: "They need to realise that this 'advertisement' is in poor taste at best and hurtful at worst.

I bet that conversation included a lot of gratuitous bingos, just when she thought she was finally free of them.
Re: Advertisement tells women they are pregnant
October 31, 2019
It sounds like the real life Jenny B is a serial breeder. From Utah, no less. I’ll bet she’s the type of woman who has no identity outside of motherhood and can’t imagine that other women either will not or cannot choose the same life for themselves.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 31, 2019
have a feeling just a made up name.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 31, 2019
I think it is really dumb but I'd be more than happy to trash the card in exchange for keeping the $245 in gift cards.
I'd sell those suckers in a heartbeat.

I can definitely see a bunch of moos/wanna moos getting into a lather over this.
October 31, 2019
yurble
The company of course claims they did nothing wrong and it was opt-in, but that doesn't explain why so many women who didn't want these cards got them.

Didn't some men get them, too? Are they claiming the men "opted in"? Sheesh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login