Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teens Trick or Treating

Posted by cfdavep 
Teens Trick or Treating
November 01, 2019
My MIL got 10 kids for Halloween and five were teens, spraying each other with shaving cream while asking for candy. She was taken aback by it all and said that some states are passing laws saying you need to quit the free candy trip at 12 or home owners can call the cops.
Re: Teens Trick or Treating
November 01, 2019
We decided to forgo passing out candy or outdoor trimming for Halloween this year (indoors is seasonably trimmed). Even then, my breeder neighbor's damned kids were ringing the bell and pounding on my front door and looking into the small glass window.

Other than that, it was peace and quiet. Nobody else came to the door. The front lights were off, the dining room chandelier was off, with just a small lamp for the dining room and another small lamp for the living room. Next year we're going into the city and dressing up in costume for the city's Halloween Parade in the village.

Nobody is required to give out candy.
November 01, 2019
Here we had all the action of a dead mall. There were NO brats of any kind, (not that I'd hear them) or any teens. Then again, we don't have side walks or street lights.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 02, 2019
I actually did participate in Halloween this year for the first time. I dressed up as a Zombie bride, and put out candy. Unfortunately, we only had a couple of kids show up. They liked my costume, and they commented on my fish tank which I have in the entryway.

My husband and I ended up drinking hot buttered rum and playing swear scrabble for the rest of the night. I also brought my neighbor friend a bag of candy.

It WAS sort of fun to dress up, but given the fact that we had hardly any kids here this year, I probably won't do it again.
November 04, 2019
Personally, I'd be okay with teens and even adults trick-or-treating. I don't think Halloween should be deemed a "kids only" holiday because why should kids be the only ones allowed to dress up? Plus, the last time I went trick-or-treating, I was 18 and also the youngest person in my group of friends who joined me, sooo I'd be a big fat hypocrite if I said I thought ill of older kids doing it. And people in my old dorm would go trick-or-treating and everyone would just give the whatever they had - Pop Tarts, popcorn, cans of soda, condoms, etc.

Only rule is this: you had damn well better be in a costume if you want candy. If I handed out candy, I'd give it to anyone who came to the door so long as they were wearing a costume. Only bad thing is if you stiff a lazy ass teen for not even trying to half-ass a costume, you probably run the risk of greater vandalism to your property.
November 04, 2019
Cambion
Personally, I'd be okay with teens and even adults trick-or-treating. I don't think Halloween should be deemed a "kids only" holiday because why should kids be the only ones allowed to dress up? Plus, the last time I went trick-or-treating, I was 18 and also the youngest person in my group of friends who joined me, sooo I'd be a big fat hypocrite if I said I thought ill of older kids doing it. And people in my old dorm would go trick-or-treating and everyone would just give the whatever they had - Pop Tarts, popcorn, cans of soda, condoms, etc.

Only rule is this: you had damn well better be in a costume if you want candy. If I handed out candy, I'd give it to anyone who came to the door so long as they were wearing a costume. Only bad thing is if you stiff a lazy ass teen for not even trying to half-ass a costume, you probably run the risk of greater vandalism to your property.

Because I was so late in my milestones thanks to autism, I was considered 'old' by some to be trick or treating. Heck, even at twelve I caught shit for it, even though I was dressed in a little honeypot costume.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 04, 2019
Cambion

Hell, I was the trick or treating teen. My best friend and I took her little sister. Her mom was happy to get out of that job, so it was a win-win-win all around.

As long as they have a costume and are respectful, I have no age requirements. KIDS have co-opted too many holidays. Bring on the trick or treating adults, teens, and college kids. It's all good. Cambion the dorm trick or treat sounds hilarious and fun.

Though it's irrelevant because we don't get trick or treaters in my complex...we just kind of ignore Halloween.
November 07, 2019
Cambion
Personally, I'd be okay with teens and even adults trick-or-treating. I don't think Halloween should be deemed a "kids only" holiday because why should kids be the only ones allowed to dress up?

Plus I think it's better for people to be occupied in something like that than doing the kinds of things teens get up to when they're bored. I'd rather people have fun dressing up than occupy themselves with vandalism.
November 08, 2019
ToT is an activity that's intrusive and I don't really see the point of it. If it went away, I wouldn't miss it for a second.
November 08, 2019
Cambion

I had two teens in my hood show up sans costume. They spent the evening in inflatable costumes handing out candy while their parents took the little ones out; their parents were asking who was holding on our FB page...my door was not as busy so I said to send them over. Turns out the inflatable costumes did not fit in the car. They said they were dressed as surly teenagers. I let them have handfuls.

I don't have issues with older kids as it keeps them out of trouble. Most have grown up here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login