Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heard today...people without children don't care about the planet

Posted by freya 
Heard today...people without children don't care about the planet
November 06, 2019
I'm to the point where I will no longer discuss the weather. It just isn't worth the risk of discussing if I'm going to hear yet.another.tiresome.diatribe about global warming.

Heard today:
me
Fall has been cold this year!
doomsday
Yes with global warming expect more crazy weather.
Fast-forward the conversation a bit because it went right into doomsday crap we've all heard before .
doomsday
The people without children don't care about the environment or the future.
me
I'm one of those people and I do care about the environment and future.
It's been my observation that it's very much the opposite! Breeders are TOOO BIZZY taking care of their darling sprogs to do so much as recycle. Also, of course, they MUST have every convenience for the baybee, and for themselves, because they need a reward and solace for having Given Life.. Of course, the chyldd must have every new toy or electronic gadget, or suffer humiliation from it's peers.
Re: Heard today...people without children don't care about the planet
November 07, 2019
If the minority of people who don't have kids were contributing a disproportionate amount of pollution, you can be sure we'd have heard of it. But I bet if you control for national origin (people in developed countries pollute more, people in developing countries are less likely to not have kids) you'd find that CF people are consuming less than their childed peers, because we aren't buying as much/many plastic kindercrap, diapers, urban assault vehicles, and dinosaur-shaped chicken tenders. Nor are we flying 4+ people when going on holiday.

And that's before you even calculate the environmental cost of those children into adulthood.
November 07, 2019
Welp the thing is I shouldn't have to care because I'm not creating more than my fair share of pollution. Breeders, on the other hand, create FAR more environmental issues starting the moment they give birth. There is no worse pollution than excessive biological trash in the form of children because that means someone who goes through a LOT of disposable/non-biodegradeable items for several years (diapers, kindercrap, etc.) and then lives for 80 years sucking up resources.

But nobody would ever suggest that brats and breeders contribute to environmental collapse because breeders are the majority and you can't talk bad about breeding because "Hurr durr if everyone thought like you childfree people, humans would go extinct!"

I could recycle precisely nothing, drive a Hummer hundreds of miles per week, dump toxic waste into rivers and straight up go out of my way to kill the planet faster and I still wouldn't be doing as much damage as the average breeder, even an eco-friendly one.

But the way I figure is we're already in FUBAR territory regarding climate and all that, so no sense giving a crap about something we can't fix. Everyone seems to be saying right around the year 2100 is when shit is gonna get REALLY bad, and by then I'll be long gone. So will any breeder alive today, but they don't give enough of a shit about their own kids to think about what a shithole the world will be and the fact that it's gonna be their kids dealing with it.
November 07, 2019
I was listening to the News the other morning and there was some sort of climate group that was going to discuss not only the usual issues regarding the environment, but I was pleased to hear they were also going to discuss population control.

I'm not sure what group it was, but I was relieved to hear that someone is finally going to be talking about the devastating impact that overpopulation has on our planet.

If I find out more, I'll post it here. I wasn't in the room and I just heard a bit of it, but it sounds promising. This may have something to do with the Paris Climate Accord, but I'm not entirely certain.

And YES I do care about the environment. It's not the primary reason I'm CF, but it's one of the things I certainly care about. Breeders who even create ONE kid can end up having grand brats, great grandbrats, etc. etc. The consequences are far reaching.
November 07, 2019
yurble
If the minority of people who don't have kids were contributing a disproportionate amount of pollution, you can be sure we'd have heard of it. But I bet if you control for national origin (people in developed countries pollute more, people in developing countries are less likely to not have kids) you'd find that CF people are consuming less than their childed peers, because we aren't buying as much/many plastic kindercrap, diapers, urban assault vehicles, and dinosaur-shaped chicken tenders. Nor are we flying 4+ people when going on holiday.

And that's before you even calculate the environmental cost of those children into adulthood.

I have nerve damage from the waist down, so I do indeed wear diapers, but I only go diapered when I have to leave the house which is three times a week. I do however recycle the rubbish.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 07, 2019
craftyzits
yurble

I have nerve damage from the waist down, so I do indeed wear diapers, but I only go diapered when I have to leave the house which is three times a week. I do however recycle the rubbish.

And some people probably like dinosaur-shaped chicken tenders! Hence why I said we (as a group) aren't buying as many of these things, not that we aren't buying them at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login