Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gender Reveal Sunt Goes Badly Awry--AGAIN

Posted by MerlynHerne 
Gender Reveal Sunt Goes Badly Awry--AGAIN
November 09, 2019
Here's another little gem from the world of gender reveal nonsense.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/clarissajanlim/gender-reveal-plane-crash-texas
Re: Gender Reveal Sunt Goes Badly Awry--AGAIN
November 09, 2019
the egotism of 'look at meeeee' ... gah

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 09, 2019
I saw this earlier. The egotism on some people. They had a kid and it was female so dump crap from a plane, then crash risking lives
November 09, 2019
Punish the retards to the fullest extent of the law. The child will be better off in foster care.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 10, 2019
Gender is a social construct, not an alternative for people embarrassed by the word 'sex'. This whole gender reveal party nonsense is for people intent on returning to 1950s gender norms, except that the 1950s would have considered it low class to have a party celebrating a baby's genitals. So if you ask me, every gender reveal party is going awry, and I really wouldn't mind if everyone hosting and attending these parties would meet with some disaster, provided they don't affect others in the process.

Maybe someone can start a trend of Russian roulette where all but one of the barrels are filled with bullets, and the remaining one has pink or blue glitter.
November 10, 2019
yurble
Gender is a social construct, not an alternative for people embarrassed by the word 'sex'. This whole gender reveal party nonsense is for people intent on returning to 1950s gender norms, except that the 1950s would have considered it low class to have a party celebrating a baby's genitals.

Yup. The reliance on pink and blue shows that they are invested in traditional gender roles.

Accurate name for what they're doing is Sex reveal or Genital reveal. People would feel uncomfy with those names, though. As they should. No one should be hung up on the shape of an infant's genitals. It's creepy and strange.
November 10, 2019
randomcfchick
Yup. The reliance on pink and blue shows that they are invested in traditional gender roles.

Accurate name for what they're doing is Sex reveal or Genital reveal. People would feel uncomfy with those names, though. As they should. No one should be hung up on the shape of an infant's genitals. It's creepy and strange.

The woman who invented this nonsense also doesn't like the fixation people have with gender and regrets starting the whole thing.

So why did she do it? The typical breeder reason: attention.

After the recent, much-anticipated birth of her nephew, her husband’s family were less excited about this next grandchild and, with her own family emotionally and physically distant, Karvunidis came up with the then-novel idea of a theatrical reveal of her baby’s sex.
November 10, 2019
I'm so sick of the pink/blue baybee gender "thing."
For some people these are the only two colors left on earth. And make sure to shove a ball/doll into a baybee's arm as soon he/she is capable of gripping anything. Never too early to start with the brainwashing.

When I used to attend baybee showers I assiduously avoided any gender anything. It is a great cost savings and very practical and at the time most people had only one baybee shower. It would have been indulgent to have purchased items specific for one baybee's gender.

Baybees crap themselves all the time. Why buy fancy anything for them when they will outgrow it in months or even weeks? Just buy basic onesies in white so they can be bleached along with cloth diapers and put the savings into a retirement account for the baybee. Buy a nice outfit for a photo only.

Instead of making the gender a priority, how about making the future of the baybee a priority?

If the parunts invested $5,000 in an account that earns 8% a year this baybee would have over half a million by the time it is 60 years old. Or $10,000 invested in an account that earns 8% a year would mean $40K when the child reaches 18 and while it isn't enough to pay for college it is a good running start. And both of those sums assume no additional funds are added to the accounts.

And for parunts who bitch about not having $5,000 or $10,000 - how do they plan to afford the $10,000 plus for daycare when they can't even scrape together $5,000-$10,000 before the kid is born?

Why don't parunts care about their baybee's future more than their gender?
November 12, 2019
I think I wrote about it here, but I remember once when I was grocery shopping. Two of the clerks were talking about a fellow employee who was pregnant and they were invited to one of these 'gender reveal' parties. I remember the two women complaining bitterly about how they would have never done such a thing, and how it's selfish and attention-whoring, and probably a gift grab on top of it. They were dreading having to go.

It was quite the conversation. Even moos don't like moos who do these stupid things.
November 12, 2019
Recently on an advice podcast someone called in asking about hoe to deal with such an invitation. The host (who has a kid) said the caller should just skip it, and went on to call it a blatant gift grab. So yeah, even parents are getting fed up.
November 25, 2019
perhaps invest in companies that manufacture pink and blue dyes??

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login