Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your body doesn't "snap back"

Posted by yurble 
Your body doesn't "snap back"
November 16, 2019
You know how a certain subset of breeders and forced birthers suggest that your body snaps right back after pregnancy? Well, it seems other breeders disagree, in this piece about how birth changed them. Let's see:
  • Teeth shifting to the point of needing braces
  • Needing stitches, scarring
  • Internal tearing, physical disability
  • Excessive sweating
  • Increase in hand, foot size
  • Stretch marks
  • Hyper-mobile wrists
  • Adenomyosis, a condition that causes cramps and bloating
  • Loss of interest in sex
  • Hair stopped growing
  • Incontinence
  • Flat feet
  • Floppy breasts
  • Prolapse

And that's just the article. Read the comments for more: varicose veins, piles, backache, painful sex, hernia, metabolism changing, and more.
Re: Your body doesn't "snap back"
November 16, 2019
I don't need to read the article because I already know the ill effects of pregnancy on a woman's body.
Pregnancy is a nasty horror that I willingly passed up.
So glad that won't ever be me.
November 17, 2019
At my ob-gyn's office there is a poster of a woman running down the beach. It reads "your body can make a baybee and it is amazing" and then has a list of everything that can go wrong and the name of a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor issues.

I always walk by it and think, than Todd I didn't do that.

* I did go to this PT person because endometriosis wrecked my insides. And age is not kind of any of us. I can only imagine how bad it would have been if I had a brat too.

The PT person told me she sees women in their 20's with completely wrecked pelvic floors due to whelping.
November 20, 2019
All I ever had to read was a woman's account of how her clit tore in half during birth. NOPENOPENOPENOPE no child is worth that.

Some women report experiencing some positive changes due to pregnancy, but you can't tell me never having to shave your legs again is worth the damage caused by pregnancy and childbirth. Bodies don't snap back either. Having a kid is like your house getting hit by a hurricane and you can't afford the repairs, but you still try to live in it like before. Stuff's broken, falling apart, not working anymore, everything leaks or is on the verge of collapsing and the simplest things that you probably took for granted before now are either impossible or require a lot of work/effort. But you sit there and say it's okay because at least you're still alive.

I like my bits intact, thanks very much, and I intend to keep them that way.
November 20, 2019
The article comments consist of accusations of bragging about easy births and bitchy moos who had bad experiences claiming an easy birth is just luck. No, bitchy moos the luck you speak of would consist of not giving birth in the first place. Plus the typical one-upmanship from the mombie brigade because no matter what the other mombie experienced the first mombie experienced worse and is deserving of the sympathy. Typical mombie wars. The most miserable comments often include the note about it "all being worth it" or similar nonsense.

Plus at least a few comments snarling at the child-free for commenting they're happy for not sluicing after reading said comments. A few duh comments about how wonderful womben are and how much they go through to become mombies.
November 21, 2019
One of many reasons I am childfree: as an 11/12 year old I read my aunt's books from nurse school.
November 28, 2019
Not to mention post partum depression or psychosis. I imagine that having that while dealing with a shrieking loaf would be mental torture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login