Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Artifical wombs being developed

Posted by yurble 
Artifical wombs being developed
November 16, 2019
Because what the world really, really lacks is a way to produce new humans, researchers have developed a prototype artificial womb (Animal cruelty warning: animal testing at link). No doubt gearing up for the Nobel prize like that asshole who developed test tube babies. It is supposed to be initially for preemies, but I doubt it will stop there. If nothing else, it will be a boon to people who want to push back the limits of abortion.
Re: Artifical wombs being developed
November 16, 2019
Those pods in the picture look like devices from an alien movie.

No way would I support something like this. The world is already over populated. Sometimes fetuses miscarry or are born prematurely. Could you imagine if later miscarriages were automatically shunted to these pods? The body rejects for a reason. Imagine the horror of miscarrying a deformed or severely sick fetus, and being forced by law or family to gestate it to maturity in one of these pods.

Imagine if a woman wants an abortion. Her family or the government can try to force her to gestate it in one of these alien pods, because if she's not forced to use her own body to fully grow the fetus, then abortion rights will go out the window. Who would care for and financially support the baby once it came out of the incubator?

These things are also an MRA's wet dream. Lots of them have ranted on blogs about their dream of no longer needing a woman to have kids. They also rant about having only male children to turn the world male.

These machines are a giant the world 'fail' on flames
November 16, 2019
That bad 80's Lifetime movie was right! Peace, I do agree with what you say in your post too.

One good thing that just might come out of all this is that women might be able to get doctors to do operations to prevent pregnancy without getting the "You will change your mind and sue me and I just bought a new Lexus" issue, knowing if women "changed their mind" they could grow babies in an overgrown Lava Lamp.
November 17, 2019
What a fucking waste of medical resources in a world that is already over-populated.

As an aside, that article needs an animal cruelty warning, as they are testing it on a lamb. I could not read it. The images were bad enough.

Can you imagine all the suffering we are inflicting on other species just so some dumbass couples, who are probably too old/sick/diseased to be breeding anyway, can experience their own DNA?

I'll say it, there is no shortage of children if you aren't some egomaniac who wants to perpetuate your own DNA. Fucking adopt already.

Reading stuff like this makes me hate humans even more. .
November 17, 2019
If it is indeed a fact we are having a lowering of global sperm count, I celebrate the idea of only the wealthy able to breed. That will mean a lower brat population overall.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 18, 2019
bell_flower
As an aside, that article needs an animal cruelty warning, as they are testing it on a lamb. I could not read it. The images were bad enough.

Sorry, I'll add it.
November 20, 2019
I hope the sweet little lamb is given a surrogate ewe when it is born so it has a chance to live.
November 20, 2019
The lamb will either be slipped under a ewe or be raised by a human. Humans will want to determine the long term effects of raising a lamb out of the womb.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 22, 2019
Breeding is the only job some poor people have of making a living.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 22, 2019
twocents
Breeding is the only job some poor people have of making a living.

For the moment, but the American safety net is going away, and all the brainless breeders and defectos will die in the streets.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 25, 2019
I've never noticed people having much issue breeding as a species, so why do they need fake baby ovens? And I hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to promote animal cruelty, but if this has to be a thing, I'd really like to see it used to help endangered mammals. Because we've got enough fucking people, which is also why we have animals dying that don't have to. But then that begs the question of the fate of those animals once they're born. Will they just die due to environmental destruction or poaching? Why spend $25 million to artificially grow an endangered animal just for it to die four seconds after it gets released?

I could see this leading to all kinds of fuckery in regard to abortion and miscarriage. People trying to preserve fetuses that would otherwise die and sticking them in incubators, and then presenting them to the women who aborted/miscarried a few months later when they're "born." I'm sure the idiot women who have four miscarriages a year and don't learn from it are peeing their pants in ecstasy over this idea, but for saner women, this is going to blur a lot of already questionable lines regarding bodily autonomy.

If you can't grow a fetus in your own uterus, there's a good reason for it.
November 26, 2019
Cambion
I could see this leading to all kinds of fuckery in regard to abortion and miscarriage. People trying to preserve fetuses that would otherwise die and sticking them in incubators, and then presenting them to the women who aborted/miscarried a few months later when they're "born."

Oh, you mean like that newest religious reicht claim that doctors can relocate ectopic pregnancies to the uterus? That's not medically possible (at the moment, I sure hope they don't figure it out), although they're no doubt willing to kill a lot of women in trying. With this artificial womb they'd want to relocate them there, nevermind that it's being designed to help preemies, not support an entire pregnancy (though no doubt the technology will be pushed in that direction).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login