Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I love kids except my own because they won't give me grandkids

Posted by ladybug2203 
I love kids except my own because they won't give me grandkids
December 08, 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-03-10-li-1351-story.html%3f_amp=true
Re: I love kids except my own because they won't give me grandkids
December 08, 2019

I love all kids--except for my own (because) they’ve cheated some children out of some good grandparents.

But they've also spared some children the trauma and psychological damage of having bad/reluctant parents.

Like parenthood, grandparenthood appears to be all about me, me, me: "how dare my adult kids not drop their entire lives, and sacrifice their bodies, careers, time, energy and money so we can babysit for a few hours and pretend we're now immortal??"

Once upon a time, I asked my then-boyfriend's mum how she felt about grandkids, because she needed to know from the start that she wasn't going to get any. At first she panicked because our relationship was in it's early days (we're now married and have been together 13 years total) and she thought that was my roundabout way of telling her I was pregnant, but now she's panicking because I was being 100 percent upfront and serious about not wanting kids, and haven't faltered or changed my mind.

She herself didn't want kids until her sister in law had her first child, so she has it in her head that if I spend time around babies/toddlers I'll eventually want one, just like she did.
December 08, 2019
I can't read the article so this is based on the quote.

I love all people who do exactly what I want them to do - that's what they're really saying. I don't think anyone would benefit from such conditional affection, but if they really wanted to do the grandparent thing, nothing is stopping them from finding a family that would be happy to have them step into that role. But I guess it's not good enough if it doesn't spring indirectly from their loins - more evidence of conditional affection, proving that they would probably be rather shitty grandparents.
December 09, 2019
You did what you wanted with your lives, you old coots. Now your kids get to do the same, and you get to STFU about not approving.
December 09, 2019
Wanna b grand-moo
Every time I see a baby, I ooh and coo and wish I were able to share in the fun and pleasures of seeing the world as it can only be seen through the eyes of a young child.

See the world through a baybee's eyes? A baybee doesn't do anything except react to people who make faces at it, flail, cry, eat and excrete nasty fluids. Eventually it will grasp for anything, but that isn't especially remarkable. It is just a big bucket of need.

Many baby animals start moving at a young age and also engage in playful activity. I can see the draw here. Baybees can't do any of this.

I'd bet there are at least 30 famblees within a 1 mile radius of this couple who would love nothing better than to foist their progeny off on someone else as often as possible. Guess the new baybee smell wore off for them.
December 09, 2019
Why couldn't these people volunteer at a children's hospital, preschool, library, or day care center? The kids there might get some benefit from adults who give them attention.
December 09, 2019
mr. neptune
Why couldn't these people volunteer at a children's hospital, preschool, library, or day care center? The kids there might get some benefit from adults who give them attention.

Ahhh, but those brats don't have the magic DNA.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 10, 2019
freya: most of what a baby sees is out of focus for the most part, I think

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login