Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Man finds out his child is not his and wants back support

Posted by freya 
Man finds out his child is not his and wants back support
December 10, 2019
Man asks Moneyist if he can claim back child support from the biological father because he found out through a DNA test the daughter he raised isn't his. His wife died in 1990.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/i-discovered-that-my-daughter-is-not-mine-can-i-claim-back-child-support/ar-BBXYcyS

How is he positive the wife knew it was another man's baby? They didn't have paternity tests until 1988 (according to the internet). Clearly, she had to be having sex with both him and biological father at the same time which caused a "forced" marriage. What happened to wrapping it up? Especially when there weren't paternity tests.

I feel bad for the daughter. She was alive in 1990 so she has to be at least 29 years old now. And her father cares about child support when she has been an adult for over 10 years.
Re: Man finds out his child is not his and wants back support
December 11, 2019
I am very pro-DNA testing. No person should have to pay for a kid that is not biologically his. I've seen deplorable court cases where some random guy is getting tagged for child support, finds out he's not the father, and the judge says to suck it because of the chyyyyld. In these cases, the mother should be inconvenienced with finding the right BabyDaddy and making the right dude pay. Not sticking the wrong person should be the overriding concern.

HOWEVER, there is also a time factor. If a guy suspects his wife is cheating and she's pregnant, he should dump her ass and wait for the DNA test. If he decides to take her back without knowing and raise the kid, he cannot come back 20 years later and disavow the kid.

The question does not state how involved the OP was in his daughter's life. There isn't much detail, but he needs to ask himself: what would the purpose of legal action be? He's probably out of luck and the statute of limitation is likely expired. He probably needs to just let it go. I feel sorry for the kid in question, she was lied to as well.

As an aside, people who drone on about how the CF need to "support the fyooooture" need to be slapped into next week. We already are, and one need only look at the mess that is the Fambilee Court System and the foster care system. We are paying for others' mistakes, things we were smart enough to avoid.

Millions of taxpayer dollars are expended to sort out these situations that could be averted if people only lived by a few realities and rules.

1. Men can be lying 'hos.
2. So can women, particularly women who are hungry from sperm.
3. Therefore, be selective with whom you have sex or even a relationship. Have some self-respect.
4. USE BIRTH CONTROL--Christ, doesn't anybody use birth control anymore?
5. Evaluate people and situations before you have a kid. That means a logical progression: dating, marriage, establishing yourselves as a couple. And yes that means YEARS. Not, "I wanna have your baybee" five minutes after you've met a person and falling out of luv with that person in a year.

But they won't do it because Breeders are not rational.
December 11, 2019
Not saying that what the deceased wife did was right, and paternity fraud is a real issue, but at this point I feel bad for the daughter. She had someone she believed was her father for her entire life, and now he’s basically trying to return her and ask for his money back. The wife dying in 1990, paired with him thinking the other man should pay him child support, leads me to believe that he raised her from birth to adulthood. I’m sure if the daughter had turned out as a fuckup he would mention that in his own defense, seeing as he was so quick to mention that the marriage was a sham. She’s being rejected as an adult because she’s not made of the correct DNA. PMYABP.

Also, stuff like this is one reason I will never do those at home DNA tests. Some questions don’t need to be asked or answered.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
December 11, 2019
I feel bad for the daughter too - her mom is dead and her dad never wanted her. Sounds like this guy has been harboring a lot of resentment his entire life over being forced into fatherhood because why else would he be wanting to get a lifetime of back child support from the biological father?

Shows just how much he thinks of his daughter to even ask this. Why does DNA matter so much? A lot more goes into being a parent than biological relation, and if you raised a child to adulthood, you are their parent even if you aren't related by blood.

Even if he wanted to follow through with this, how would he even know who the biological father was? His wife is dead, so he can't ask her. And do you think for one second the potential father would volunteer this information if he knew he'd be on the hook for child support?
December 12, 2019
Apparently these welfare whores are being asked (at least at some point and some states) to provide the sperm donor.

Some unfortunate happened to have the same name. It was obvious he was the wrong guy. He called whatever office that handled this that they had the wrong guy. Unfortunately he believed them when they said they'd handle it. These state offices don't care if they make a mistake. He had to fight for years to get rid of the whore tax.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login