Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

There is NO compensation for...

Posted by cfdavep 
There is NO compensation for...
December 14, 2019
....being a walking "rental property"

https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/eaix8r/groundbreaking_south_carolina_bill_compensate/

Some people think that with enough conpensation women can be forced to give birth and someone in SC is trying to pass a bill to compensate women forced to give birth and raise the kid.
Re: There is NO compensation for...
December 15, 2019
They don't expect it to pass; it's meant to be inflammatory and conversation-starting. It has the awesome name of "South Carolina Pro Birth Accountability Act" and is meant to challenge the claim that anti-choice=pro life.
Re: There is NO compensation for...
December 15, 2019
I suppose it's a bit like wrongful imprisonment. If you've been in jail 30 years for a crime you didn't commit, there is no compensation which can make up for it. Nonetheless, the person is owed two things: financial compensation, and a serious effort to find out what went wrong and to address those problems to reduce the chance of another person suffering the same fate.

In the case of pregnancy, we already happen to have a way to address it but we're surrounded by a bunch of psychos who would like nothing better than - to extend the metaphor - falsely imprison everyone they think "looks criminal", just in case.

I understand the bill is meant to make the forced birthers put their money where their mouths are, but I think it starts a dangerous precedent of suggesting that all women are potential surrogates, so long as you pay them enough. It's effectively legitimizing pregnancy prostitution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login