Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prudie gets it right: Creepy friend

Posted by freya 
Prudie gets it right: Creepy friend
December 16, 2019
Lifelong friend gets drunk and tells her childfree friend her uterus is her back up plan in case she isn't able to get pregnant. Prudie tells her that the wanna-pig isn't respecting her reproductive autonomy and if she doesn't get an apology this is a deal breaker. And the behavior is so despicable it may be a deal breaker even with an apology.

See Q. Creepy friend:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2019/12/marrying-internet-troll-advice.html
Re: Prudie gets it right: Creepy friend
December 18, 2019
Wow, there is so much to unpack there. I would be losing that friend ASAP if she decided all on her own that I was to be her backup uterus without even asking first. I wonder if it's hard for her to walk with balls that big. Entitlement aside, asking someone who doesn't want kids to have them is just kinda the definition of failure. Why would you specifically ask someone to do something for you that you know they are against doing? And I wonder what her partner would say about a surrogate or if she decided all by herself which of her friends would be the incubator for her.

Yeah that's like restraining order creepy if you ask me, and a friend who isn't willing to respect my wishes, my choices and my bodily autonomy isn't a friend I need in my life. I can only hope it's someone trolling Prudie, though breeder entitlement certainly knows no bounds.
December 18, 2019
Just ... wow.

I have a saying that I live by - drunk people can't say things they don't think. I've found out some very interesting things with the help of alcohol. But this is something else.
December 18, 2019
catabat
Just ... wow.

I have a saying that I live by - drunk people can't say things they don't think. I've found out some very interesting things with the help of alcohol. But this is something else.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts."
December 19, 2019
Reverse the genders. Could you imagine one guy telling another, "Hey, if my wife and I can't have kids, you're my backup plan for getting her pregnant"? Me neither.

That should show how over the top the uterus comment is.
December 22, 2019
kittehpeoples
catabat
Just ... wow.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts."

My thoughts are along these lines. Alcohol is a massive dis-inhibitor; no one does/says things drunk that were not (on some level) already there when sober. The "friend" showed her true colors, and the LW should act accordingly.

Also, kudos to Prudie for not pussyfooting around this one. She actually told the LW not to write it off as "too much to drink".
January 03, 2020
not the first time I've heard about something like this. someone (a cf) posted somewhere that their sister took them out to lunch. she was suspicious, but went. turns out this sis wanted (expected) the cf sibling to be a surrogate (actually demanded she do that). got twisted and bent out of shape when shot down (picture 2 year old toddler style meltdown at restaurant), plus rest of 'famblee' calling of the cf and trying to guilt her into this stupidity.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 03, 2020
twocents
not the first time I've heard about something like this. someone (a cf) posted somewhere that their sister took them out to lunch. she was suspicious, but went. turns out this sis wanted (expected) the cf sibling to be a surrogate (actually demanded she do that). got twisted and bent out of shape when shot down (picture 2 year old toddler style meltdown at restaurant), plus rest of 'famblee' calling of the cf and trying to guilt her into this stupidity.

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT! Doesn't this bimbo brain Mombie sister not know that this can PHYSICALLY indanger someone in her family?!?rusty chainsaw

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 13, 2020
crazy, they may or may not know; they just don't care.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login