Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange story on reddit/cf

Posted by cfdavep 
Strange story on reddit/cf
December 19, 2019
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/ecnlve/update_the_worst_thing_that_couldve_happened/?st=k4cwaet9&sh=3b128350

A cf girl apparently didn't know she was inpig until she started having cramps that were bad enough to head to the ER. She claims she then gave birth to a surprise sprog that she and her boyfriend dumped off somewhere and got a judge to relinquish all parental rights as the kid was apparently taken into the system.

The girl then said they can now get back to enjoying the rest of the holiday season and planing a trip afterwards to recover from the shock of what happened.

There seemed to be a "and how was YOUR week" vibe to the whole story.

I wonder if the story is true or made up as they were anti-choice and did not want to admit that on cf reddit. A weird story
Re: Strange story on reddit/cf
December 19, 2019
I just have the hardest time believing that someone can't know they're pregnant until they go into labor. Like there is no legitimate way this can happen because it would require a tremendous amount of denial or being severely out of touch with your own body. Given that this woman is obese, that could mean that any weight gain might go unnoticed and could also mean irregular periods. I also know that very obese people can sometimes just feel overall sick all the time due to weight and/or diet, so I guess it's possible that she had pregnancy symptoms and didn't notice because she was used to feeling like garbage.

But still, wouldn't you feel like something is just different? Consider how many women just seem to know they're pregnant. How can your body go through such a tremendous change without you noticing? These kinds of stories baffle me. I wonder if maybe she banked on her PCOS as birth control. It's not the first time I've heard of women relying on it to keep fetuses away and they wind up pregnant somehow anyway.

Parental right relinquishing aside, can you still be considered childfree under those circumstances? I've always assumed that childfree means no live child comes out of your body and/or you do not father a child either by accident or on purpose.

In any case, they definitely did the right thing. Neither one wanted a loaf and they didn't even see the kid after it was born, nor did they tell their families because there would have been god-tier guilt tripping going on. CF or not, hopefully she can get over what she's been through because that is indeed the definition of a nightmare.

In any case, man this sure makes me feel a lot better about starting my period today.
December 19, 2019
I knew a guy in the medical field and he said that a combination of obesity and denial until it is too late is how this happens.

I remember being on another cf site and hearing about this and someone said "another great reason to stay as slim and in shape as you can"

The girl is lucky the boyfriend didn't do a switcheroo on her and even if he didn't the family may find out in the near future if the adopters decide to punish her for leaving it at the hospital with the excuse that "the family has a right to know it's bio family" leading to the grandparents in a huge legal battle to adopt it back and force it on the cf girl. All it takes is for one person in their lives to tattle, plus the kid will be on their doorstep as a teen or twenty something and if they marry other people there is a kid out there to explain.
December 19, 2019
The circumstances do seem strange.

I'm happy to hear that the parental rights were successfully relinquished for her and are on track to be relinquished for him. None of that someone in the family adopting crap (and the potential to try to push off babysitting on them all the time) and no guilt-tripping them into keeping the baybee. And they both sound ready to move on with life and enjoy it.
December 21, 2019
I looked up the original post on the OP's username. Apparently, she was losing weight, then had health issues which made her weight balloon up to about 240 pounds. She says her periods were rather lackluster, so she never noticed pregnancy symptoms.

She also said that both her and her boyfriend have hidden this business from both their families, because of the family fallout that would happen if their parents knew they of gave away the child to adoption/foster care. I can believe that, because we all know how parents harass and harangue their adult children for grandbabies.

The OP does answer a lot in the comments.

https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/e8kqap/the_worst_possible_thing_that_could_have_happened/
December 23, 2019
I believe it can happen, because I saw it with my own two eyes in college. The girl I knew DID NOT look pregnant. But I’m always skeptical, because stuff like that has to be very, very rare.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
December 23, 2019
I just saw her comment:
cf girl
Thank you, I appreciate it. I had no clue that there was more to it than just signing over parental rights, apparently we need to go to court and essentially explain why we aren't keeping the child and why the child cannot be placed within our families... its... idk. Its alot.

I hope she is able to give up parental rights and neither of their families find out. Because that is what the couple wants.

If they have a crappy families they may very well adopt the kid and guilt trip the shit out of them for the rest of their lives. And there will be no escape unless they disown their families.

People are mentioning to her to find a safe haven place, but they all have different laws.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login