Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

At the Subaru dealership today

Posted by cfdavep 
At the Subaru dealership today
January 04, 2020
DH and I went to the Subaru dealership today to test drive an Outback. The guy that was there who took us on the test ride asked about safety features for any "little ones" and we said we had no little ones, I guess we look young. So he goes "all grown up then?" and I said "don't have them at all" The guy was about 22 or 23 and then said "Not to sound negative, but that was the smart route" He admitted that he is from TX and would still be living there if he did not knock up a girl who had the kid and moved back to NY to "be near family" ie those that would help her look after it. The guy was a real "go to the strip clubs, bad ass kinda guy" that type that likes cool cars and banging hot chicks. He then said that he moved to NY to be around the kid and had to get an "easy to get" salemans job to pay sprog support. Sale jobs at the dealers are easy to get if you are a smooth talker and his smooth talking did get him in trouble. At least no bingos
Re: At the Subaru dealership today
January 05, 2020
cfdavep
DH and I went to the Subaru dealership today to test drive an Outback. The guy that was there who took us on the test ride asked about safety features for any "little ones" and we said we had no little ones, I guess we look young. So he goes "all grown up then?" and I said "don't have them at all" The guy was about 22 or 23 and then said "Not to sound negative, but that was the smart route"

It's awfully presumptuous of that sales rep to assume you are childfree by choice, even though you are but he doesn't know that. Unless you told him and just left that part out. Otherwise, maybe you are infertile and extremely bummed out about it or your child died. I think once you make it known that you don't have kids after being asked, that convo should end and another subject should ensue, no need to comment or inquire any further. People can be such inconsiderate dicks sometimes!

Me personally, I don't want my reproductive status to be commented on or even applauded especially by strangers, because they don't know the circumstances. Unless I let it be known that I never wanted kids in the first place, then I'll take all the pats on the back. Otherwise, STFU!
January 05, 2020
I'd rather be told "that was the smart route" than "oh, I'm sorry!!" when someone finds out I'm CF.
January 07, 2020
While it is good you weren't bingoed, guys like this annoy me because he doesn't sound like parental material yet he didn't take appropriate measures to prevent a pregnancy:

cfdavep
The guy was a real "go to the strip clubs, bad ass kinda guy" that type that likes cool cars and banging hot chicks. He then said that he moved to NY to be around the kid and had to get an "easy to get" salemans job to pay sprog support.

Others tend to stereotype the childfree as party all night wild children who want to live like adolescents. I've heard people joke left and right about guys like this car salesman, betting on how long it will be before the stick reveals a pregnasty. So many "encumbered" types think it is just a matter of time for any childfree person to join the suffering. What separates the car salesman from the childfree is we take appropriate measures to insure there is no plus sign on the stick. Regardless if we live like adolescents or otherwise. And how we live doesn't affect any children!
January 07, 2020
there was a story on reddit 'childfree' where some saleswoman at a dealership kept trying to steer a couple (who were looking at a mustang or an equivalent, a two seated sportscar at any rate) to some moo mobile. 'but what about kidz???'. lost any commission and I think she lost her job.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 08, 2020
twocents
I think she lost her job.

Good, since she obviously sucked at it.
January 08, 2020
twocents
there was a story on reddit 'childfree' where some saleswoman at a dealership kept trying to steer a couple (who were looking at a mustang or an equivalent, a two seated sportscar at any rate) to some moo mobile. 'but what about kidz???'. lost any commission and I think she lost her job.

I remember that thread. It was quite a hoot!
January 08, 2020
I refuse to ever accept the logic that you need a fucking urban assault tank because kids. My aunt regularly crammed three kids (including my fat ass that took up 50% more space) into her Civic coupe in the 90's and we were fine. I think breeders just like driving an "invincible" vehicle (translation: something HUGE) and use their kids to justify the purchase.

In any case, glad there were no bingoes. I figured there would be since I imagine this guy is super resentful and usually people like that like to drag others down with them by singing the praises of breeding and launching bingoes left and right when you disagree. It sucks he went and ruined his life at 22, but that's plenty old enough to know where babies come from and how to prevent them.
January 09, 2020
I have always thought that the breeders just sort of "make up" those types of excuses to reward themselves for having to take care of the little leeches. "We've GOTTA have a giant, shiny new car for the keeyuds"! My confused sister (of the THREE 'accidental" pregnancies fame), of course HAD to buy her only ever brand new car when the one -baby- to- make- it- past- the- abortion- clinic was born. Gotta have a new car for the baybee, ya know.
January 09, 2020
I never liked the SUVs and never had one. We are looking at the next vehicle as ours is getting old and since we got the used boat and may want to tow it to other lakes and car just can't do it.

Anyway I have a cousin who just had a sprog and went to either Toyota or Honda and got a really big SUV at the clearance event last fall. Moo claimed it is for safety for baybee because if there ever is an accident she hopes she and her sprog will survive and everyone in that imaginary Honda Civic will be the ones headed to the funeral home.

Moos claim an uncontrollable desire to protect sproggie on the big bad roads and even if that means flattening a Civic people seem to be on board with it.

I do wonder about the real reason being the fact that SUV are more comfortable and convenient overall and they are just claiming safety to justify getting one.
January 09, 2020
Sounds like kind of a weird car salesman, to be honest. I don’t want to hear about the guy’s life story when I go to buy a car.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 09, 2020
Some of those suv's are more dangerous than a fiat

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 19, 2020
I recently saw one of those Urban Assault vehicles on the road. It also had a bumper sticker which said, "If you park too close you'll get dinged. I have kids." I said to my husband if someone deliberately or 'accidentally' dings my car, they'll be paying for the repair on a Mercedes.

Think twice breeders.
January 19, 2020
Is it just me or does it seem like every dang car commercial on TV is for some hugh jass, gas-guzzling, hugely expensive SUV? It's so rare to see a TV ad for a Corolla or Civic or some other small car.

And the money you have to pay is stunning. I see ads for 3-year leased SUVs where the buyer pays out more than $20k in the 3 years (I know the leaser is paying for the depreciation) then has to return the vehicle, so after shelling out that much money you don't even end up with a car after 3 years. (I paid about $18k for my new 2007 car, a Corolla BTW, and it's still running well after 13 years.)
January 19, 2020
yes, and the sheer NUMBER of new car ads!! Does this, can this (hopefully) mean their business is down and they have to advertise more heavily?? And the fact that so many people are brainwashed into believing that they MUST buy a new car AND also buy their "loved ones" new cars for Christmas or whatever. I think people of lesser means are so bombarded with these ads that they beileve they are SO deprived and "everyone else' is buying this crap. Sad sad sad
January 20, 2020
deegee
Is it just me or does it seem like every dang car commercial on TV is for some hugh jass, gas-guzzling, hugely expensive SUV? It's so rare to see a TV ad for a Corolla or Civic or some other small car.

And the money you have to pay is stunning. I see ads for 3-year leased SUVs where the buyer pays out more than $20k in the 3 years (I know the leaser is paying for the depreciation) then has to return the vehicle, so after shelling out that much money you don't even end up with a car after 3 years. (I paid about $18k for my new 2007 car, a Corolla BTW, and it's still running well after 13 years.)

Preach it!

Leasing a car only serves to enrich auto manufacturers. You pay out a shit ton of money and are still forced to return the car to them, which they can now sell as "pre-owned" for a high price, because they can control the used care market with the volume of used cars they have. I've never seen the logic behind long-term car rentals.

I've never leased a car, other than a specific model for a week vacation that I needed. My newest car is a 2008 model hand-me-down freebie, and my older car is from 2005. Both run very well and both have more than 100k miles on them. I buy my cars new and I pay cash upfront for them, and just keep them forever and ever. It makes much more sense financially to buy the car upfront and keep it in repair for many years rather than pay for a lease.

I know people that lease Range Rovers, Mercedes, Audi and Porsche. Their insurance bill must be through the roof. Yet they complain they have no money. They'd have plenty of money if they stopped renting luxury vehicles with high dollar insurance requirements.

But hey, what would I know? shrug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login