Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fucking stupid breeder comments #21643632

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Fucking stupid breeder comments #21643632
January 11, 2020
A friend posted a link on Facebook titled "Study shows that access to theatre & drama can boost children's academic performance." And predictably, a breeder posted in response, "Then don't make it so expensive, so parents can afford it."

The article, btw, was talking about school trips to the theater, so it wasn't costing the breeders anything, anyway. But why read the article when you can immediately complain that raising your children well costs money, right? Here's some free advice, breeders: don't have kids you can't afford to raise.
Re: Fucking stupid breeder comments #21643632
January 11, 2020
News flash: stuff costs money, and the creative programs are the first to feel the cuts when schools have no budget (which is ALWAYS). I know what breeders want - free programs! Who doesn't want free theatre and art programs?

Problem is nobody's going to do that crap for free, both because nobody is going to donate their time to mind a gaggle of brats and depending on the activity, supplies are going to cost money. Not to mention imagine how overrun these activities would be if they were free? Most field trips cost money, a whopping $5 or so per kid, which I know will involve some serious rebudgeting for many cheap/broke parents.

So unless the breeders are going to get off their asses and run these programs out of the goodness of their hearts for no pay, they can shut their holes. Breeders just want somewhere they can dump their kids for free to keep them out of the house as long as possible so Mommy doesn't have to do her job.
January 12, 2020
Whenever I read books set in the 19th century, I am impressed by how much people made their own entertainment (barring the very rich, of course). Amateur theatrics, charades, shadow drawing, making toys, and so on. And that was in conjunction with all the work, much of it physical labor, that they had to do. Why don't these breeders try something like that, if they think their children would benefit from the experience? (Rhetorical question, of course.)

Even just what is now called unstructured play, like I experienced as a child, would probably give that experience. I can remember things like making "newspapers" and putting on "plays" with the adults as an audience. If they would stop giving their kids phones and tablets, and instead give them paper and crayons, old clothes, and other things which require imagination to turn into entertainment, their children might start exercising their imaginations.
January 12, 2020
Or they could (and this is wild, I know) support the arts in public schools. What a concept!
January 12, 2020
I found a used book and I forget the name. It was about this writer who was a little kid in the 1950's. Back then he and his friends just got together, explored and had fun. It was considered boring to have anything to do with boring ass adults, as all adults do was talk about money, jobs, what's for dinner and were these larger beings who's only purpose was to ruin fun.

Kids would hate it if adults had anything to do with what they were into, but today a kid will lose his shit and claim mental health issues if duddy can't make it to his ball game. My dh's mother is staying in Florida an extra week this year to watch her grandkid march in a parade honking on a tuba, and well...the kid is fat so it is kinda funny, but I doubt that is why she is showing up smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login