Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Novel solution to entitled parunts

Posted by twocents 
Novel solution to entitled parunts
January 16, 2020
from reddit 'childfree"

""The restaurant isn’t a childfree place as families are a big part of the customer base since it isn’t expensive or fancy and it’s on the boardwalk. It is however very crowded on space so we don’t have high chairs available as it would make navigating through the tables hard for us servers and our customers.

Because of those space limitations the restaurant has signs that say that we don’t have high chairs or allow strollers in the dining areas.

We still get plenty of people that try to bring in strollers, but the hostess can stop them before they get a table.

Well, we started having a problem with people bringing in portable high chairs. They’re basically little seats for babies that attach to tables like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Fold-Flat-Storage-Machine-Washable-Anti-Cracking-Removable/dp/B07M5DJ5Y6/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?keywords=portable+high+chair&qid=1579189201&sr=8-14

Unlike a stroller they can fold up to fit in a tote bag so the hostess doesn’t notice they have them.

Of course they still take up aisle space and cause issues. But once they covertly set them up getting them to take them down without the parents throwing a fit becomes an issue. They’ve been straight up jerks about it for weeks and expect all of us to just squeeze around them as we carry trays of food.

So I go into work last week and the owners had the edges of the tables on the booths ground down so they are sloped and can’t support portable high chairs anymore.

So far I’ve seen a few parents struggle trying to get them to work only to give up after realizing it would be too precarious and instead have to take turns holding onto their squirming babies while they eat. I just can’t help but smile as I walk past them through the unobstructed aisles.""

dancing

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Novel solution to entitled parunts
January 16, 2020
Is there an army of brutes who target businesses that don't allow high chairs or strollers and counter-attack by bringing in tote bags containing portable high chairs? Can't this rogue army of parental misfits find another way to entertain themselves, perhaps at a Chuck E Cheese or McDonalds?
January 16, 2020
freya
Is there an army of brutes who target businesses that don't allow high chairs or strollers and counter-attack by bringing in tote bags containing portable high chairs? Can't this rogue army of parental misfits find another way to entertain themselves, perhaps at a Chuck E Cheese or McDonalds?

They don’t want to be around other people’s kids just as much as we don’t want to be around other people’s kids.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 16, 2020
freya

They don’t want to be around other people’s kids just as much as we don’t want to be around other people’s kids.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 17, 2020
LoveToLurk
freya

I get the impression most breeders don't want to be around their own kids. grinning smiley
January 17, 2020
Oh god, those portable high chairs look like an accident waiting to happen, especially if some genius Moo decides to latch it onto a table that isn't bolted to the floor or wall. If a restaurant has no fucking high chairs, there's a reason for it, it doesn't mean bring your own. Not to mention the lawsuits that would happen if waitstaff have to squeeze between table-mounted high chairs and drop stuff on a kid's head or knock a kid over.

It always warms my heart when someone cockblocks entitled parents. Honestly, what the fuck is with parents who feel the need to be everywhere they aren't welcome? There are TONS of places exclusively for parents or that are family friendly - stores, restaurants, websites, social groups, and so on. So why do they need to focus on the one percent of places that won't cater to them filled with people who don't want them there? Wouldn't you want to be around like-minded people?

But it never fails, when word gets out that a place is not tolerant of breeder bullshit, Moos descend on that place to "protest." If it's a store with no beefing room, they stage a beef-in. A restaurant doesn't have free brat kibble, so breeders bring Mickey D's with them and then bitch when they get told no outside food. Forcing their habits onto unwelcoming venues will not make those venues more tolerant of children and parents - it'll most likely cement their decision to not cater to breeders.
January 17, 2020
Cambion
It always warms my heart when someone cockblocks entitled parents. Honestly, what the fuck is with parents who feel the need to be everywhere they aren't welcome?

Same mentality of men protesting women's only events. Their belligerence and privilege should override everyone else, no matter what.
January 18, 2020

Of course they still take up aisle space and cause issues. But once they covertly set them up getting them to take them down without the parents throwing a fit becomes an issue. They’ve been straight up jerks about it for weeks and expect all of us to just squeeze around them as we carry trays of food.

So I go into work last week and the owners had the edges of the tables on the booths ground down so they are sloped and can’t support portable high chairs anymore.

So far I’ve seen a few parents struggle trying to get them to work only to give up after realizing it would be too precarious and instead have to take turns holding onto their squirming babies while they eat. I just can’t help but smile as I walk past them through the unobstructed aisles.

NICE.

But yeah...some people just won't accept the message "No, this isn't for you" unless you make the activity in question physically impossible. They can't possibly get their heads around the idea that they don't get their way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login