Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Twelve birthdays a year for the first year

Posted by cfdavep 
Twelve birthdays a year for the first year
January 27, 2020
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/euotu7/no_sister_i_will_not_be_going_to_a_mesversario/

In Brazil now it is becoming a thing to have a B-day party for a sprog every month for the 1st year, cause attention whoring and gift grabbing is a thing in all countries now
Re: Twelve birthdays a year for the first year
January 27, 2020
I blame the people that keep attending these events. If people would stop paying attention, the breeders would stop doing it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 27, 2020
What. The. Fuck.?

Let's call this what it is: a shameless gift grab. Lemme guess, people are supposed to bring good booze and food and presents for a barely-sentient blob of flesh? Sounds like a way for the parunts to extort more money from friends and family and get some shit for THEMSELVES.

This is also after all the gender reveal shite and the other stuff that goes in prior to the birth?

I don't know how these Breeders keep a straight face. No shame whatsoever.
January 27, 2020
Like there aren't enough gift grabs for pregnancy and sluicing. Before it was just a shower and only for first-time parents so they had some of the basics for their new loaf. Now there are gender reveal parties, push presents, showers for all parents (or "sprinkle parties" for second, third, etc. children), and now a birthday for every month the kid is alive until it turns one? How much shit do these people fucking need?

And why do infants need birthday parties? It's not like they know what's going on. It's just another way for the parents to attention whore using their little meatbag and get some free stuff along the way.

Until we can all have 12 birthdays a year, I'm sure as hell not ponying up once a month for a loaf that does nothing but exist.
January 27, 2020
said this is a 'thing' in brazil.

wonder how long before it gets up here.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 27, 2020
twocents
said this is a 'thing' in brazil.

wonder how long before it gets up here.

Yea, the thing is wearing a diaper.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 27, 2020
For attendees of such nonsense, an idea:
Figure out the budget for one gift. It could be any denomination.
If it is $20, then split the $20 into twelve pieces and tell them they can draw one gift out of the original gift box each birthday month. Woo hoo! After 12 months (and a bunch of tape) they'll have their originally intended gift.
January 28, 2020
I suspected it was like gender reveal parties. One person had an "idea" and instagrammed it, then a bunch of stupid breeders latched on. Then I checked the post, and yup, that is exactly what it is.

No surprise since a hallmark of breederism is always looking around at what others are doing and copying it.
January 28, 2020
Apparently name reveal parties are also a thing - a separate thing from gender reveal parties.

https://www.babycenter.com/609_baby-name-reveal-parties-yes-theyre-a-thing_20002044.bc

Why does every single aspect of breeding require a celebration? And why do people indulge the breeders who throw these parties?
January 28, 2020
Cambion
Why does every single aspect of breeding require a celebration? And why do people indulge the breeders who throw these parties?

We don't have conception parties - yet. And those would open up the door to the exciting new party, baby daddy reveal.
January 28, 2020
""I suspected it was like gender reveal parties. One person had an "idea" and instagrammed it, then a bunch of stupid breeders latched on. Then I checked the post, and yup, that is exactly what it is.""

You know: monkey see monkey do.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 29, 2020
Cambion
Apparently name reveal parties are also a thing - a separate thing from gender reveal parties.

https://www.babycenter.com/609_baby-name-reveal-parties-yes-theyre-a-thing_20002044.bc

Be wary of any sudden, unexpected party invite from anyone you never speak with! They're either gift grabbing or MLM.

I think part of it is that they perpetuate indulging each other and some of them have "friendships" based on pushing the idea of finding ways to feel obligated to attend whatever parties they dream of. And there are people out there that are distant friends and agreeable and will go to the party (or whatever) in order to avoid making waves. Plus the people who will go to parties hoping that when they throw their gift grabs that the people who they bought for will buy for them in turn.

And then there are the close friends and relatives who may feel they have no choice but to attend the parties, even if they think them ridiculous. And then there are people who attend simply to try to impress other attendees (bring their new car, new hairstyle, weight loss, new outfit or show off their new house, etc). Plus there are snoopy people who attend parties for gossip or to check out the host's house, car, or something. The only people left who won't attend are introverts, sometimes men (who can typically stay off the hook for showers and other nonsense) and any people who aren't particularly agreeable and are immune to peer pressure.
January 29, 2020
Ehhh. Soon they'll be having "I just got laid" parties and the like. I think it's disgusting how breeders keep putting their hands out for more and more. The people who they try to trap into coming to these parties didn't choose for her to get knocked up, but they keep paying and paying.

I have so many birthdays on both sides of my family, that I can't even keep track anymore. The more sprogs people pop out, the more I'm expected to buy birthday gifts and stuff. It's not that I mind that so much, but it seems that almost every time I see someone, I have a gift in hand. It gets damned tiring.
January 29, 2020
mumofsixbirds
I have so many birthdays on both sides of my family, that I can't even keep track anymore. The more sprogs people pop out, the more I'm expected to buy birthday gifts and stuff. It's not that I mind that so much, but it seems that almost every time I see someone, I have a gift in hand. It gets damned tiring.

Some people resort to having computers keep track of all the 'occasions', and maybe the gift-giving as well.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 02, 2020
craftyzits
mumofsixbirds

Some people resort to having computers keep track of all the 'occasions', and maybe the gift-giving as well.

That's a pretty good idea. I used to have a book where I kept all that stuff, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I lost that book at some point during my moves.

I also forgot my BFF's birthday a couple of weeks ago. I felt really shitty about it, but he's pretty cool and he forgets mine half the time too.
February 02, 2020
mumofsixbirds
craftyzits
mumofsixbirds

That's a pretty good idea. I used to have a book where I kept all that stuff, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I lost that book at some point during my moves.

I also forgot my BFF's birthday a couple of weeks ago. I felt really shitty about it, but he's pretty cool and he forgets mine half the time too.

My family members forgot so many occasions it became an inside joke when something arrived late.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 02, 2020
yurble
Cambion

We don't have conception parties - yet. And those would open up the door to the exciting new party, baby daddy reveal.

Ha!

I think we should start a running list here trying to predict which stupid-ass gift begging "party" will be the next Instagrammable moment, and start crossing them off as they happen.
February 02, 2020
YURBLE

But that would involve actually knowing who the baby daddy is, and I know plenty of Moos don't know that.

What about parties for the type of birth they have? Vaginal, C-section, water or natural?
February 03, 2020
Cambion
YURBLE

But that would involve actually knowing who the baby daddy is, and I know plenty of Moos don't know that.

Do I have to plan all the parties around here?

You get DNA samples from all the candidates, you conduct a DNA test on the sprog-to-be. You also hit them all up for "abortion" money, which pays for the cost of the party.

You give the results of the paternity test to your party coordinator. The coordinator sets up an appropriate number of targets, and each potential baby daddy shoots a bullet at the target allocated for him. Kind of like at a funfair, except of course live ammunition must be used for maximum collateral damage.

If the man isn't the father, behind the target is just a condom filled with water that bursts and dissipates into the ground. If he is the father, however, the target releases a cloud of monopoly money that rains down on the heads of the audience. The audience then collects the money and ceremonially burns it in a bowl held by the lucky man. After that, he and the moo-to-be pose for pregnancy pictures, which include him holding the bowl comically over her bulging belly.
February 03, 2020
Cambion

What about parties for the type of birth they have? Vaginal, C-section, water or natural?
Water birth = pool party
Natural birth = camping party, held in the woods
Vaginal = Guests play a game called “Throw the Hotdog Down the Hallway.” Guests will be throwing for distance, and the longest throw wins.

No idea yet for c-section.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 03, 2020
LoveToLurk
Cambion

Water birth = pool party
Vaginal = Guests play a game called “Throw the Hotdog Down the Hallway.” Guests will be throwing for distance, and the longest throw wins.

Fucking awesome.
February 03, 2020
LoveToLurk
Cambion

Water birth = pool party

Since so many moos fall for MLM...

Cutco party.

Click here to login