Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It is getting worse

Posted by cfdavep 
It is getting worse
February 06, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/missouri-bill-calls-police-literally-215021502.html

Jesus
Re: It is getting worse
February 06, 2020
What happened to the Republican sentiment of small government? This proposed bill allows government to directly interfere with a woman's right to her own bodily autonomy through the police.

That to me, is the complete opposite of small government.
February 07, 2020
nightfire
What happened to the Republican sentiment of small government? This proposed bill allows government to directly interfere with a woman's right to her own bodily autonomy through the police.

I'm sure they gave that up a long time ago, along with all integrity. When all those hardcore Jesus freaks started worshiping someone who embodies zero Christian principles and can't even effectively pretend to share their religion, it was evident that it wasn't about principles or sentiments about government but about being in control.
February 07, 2020
nightfire

Republicans haven't cared about small government for DECADES.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 07, 2020
yurble

I'm sure they gave that up a long time ago, along with all integrity. When all those hardcore Jesus freaks started worshiping someone who embodies zero Christian principles and can't even effectively pretend to share their religion, it was evident that it wasn't about principles or sentiments about government but about being in control.
Which is making me wonder about the current Republican party. When Bill Clinton had the Monica Lewinsky scandal the ones back then rightly pointed out that it was repulsive act and statement about his character, but now with this current group when it's a Republican President that has done far more adultery and predatory sexual behaviors, he's not even excoriated to even a 10th degree of what Clinton was!

What is sad is that there are some Christians that are speaking out against supporting this guy but they get called 'Leftists' and tend to be derided and mocked. It is like they are shouting into the void since Trump is now the modern golden calf of today's Religious Right, and they will metaphorically burn at the stake anyone that doesn't worship and praise him the way they do.

It's almost like he is their new god.
February 08, 2020
nightfire
It's almost like he is their new god.

People create gods in their own image, gods which conveniently hate all the same people that they do and can forgive whatever foibles the worshipers possess, while being unyielding on any other transgressions. Before Trump, the religious reicht could pretend that they had a moral case, but with their new god their ugly true beliefs are on blatant display. They don't give a fig about the unborn, the poor, or anyone else. They relish their sense of superiority and wallow in their cruelty. They don't want others to be "saved", they want them to "transgress" so that they can "punish" them.

They are horrible people. Anyone with any morals and dignity has broken with these assholes over the sexism, racism, and corruption.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login