Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Drive like your kids live here". Ugh.

Posted by randomcfchick 
"Drive like your kids live here". Ugh.
February 23, 2020
While passing through a new neighborhood I saw a sign that said, "Drive like your kids live here". I understand that they're trying to get people to slow down. I don't object to that as a concept--kids are impulsive little fuckers, their brains are underdeveloped, and they don't always watch for cars. I don't want to mow down someone's kid.

Signs should give clear directions. "like your kids live here" is not a direction. Want me to drive 20? I can do that.

Also don't assume procreative status somehow imbues one with good judgment. Trust me I've seen enough childed people without a lick of common sense.
Re: "Drive like your kids live here". Ugh.
February 23, 2020
Be glad I can't drive cow!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 23, 2020
I see those a lot where I live too and it always makes me want to go 50 down the street in question. So do they think that having kids = responsible driver? Because in my experience, breeders are some of the worst fucking drivers on the road. Speeding, driving aggressively, cutting people off, dinking with their phones, not signaling, running stop signs, dinging cars when they heave their doors open, and so on. No I won't drive like my kids live here because I want to be a good driver, thanks very much.

There's also a sign in one part of my town that says "autistic child area." Sooo, what, am I supposed to go tard spotting from my car? You don't want me to mow down your flapper, keep them the fuck in the house.
February 24, 2020
Usual breeder assumption that their experiences are universal. They think a reference to "your kids" will appeal to everyone, but if they thought about it for even a minute they'd realize that many people don't. Most teens, for instance.
February 24, 2020
yurble
Usual breeder assumption that their experiences are universal. They think a reference to "your kids" will appeal to everyone, but if they thought about it for even a minute they'd realize that many people don't. Most teens, for instance.

"Drive like there's a feral cat colony in the neighborhood" would work much better on me, for instance. smiling smiley
February 24, 2020
""""Drive like there's a feral cat colony in the neighborhood" would work much better on me, for instance.""

you know, this sounds like a good idea

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 24, 2020
I don't have kids, so pardon me while I put the pedal to the metal!

via GIPHY

February 24, 2020
Love the .gifs.

I hate these signs for a few reasons:

1. Not everyone has kids,
2. I am not going to speed through neighborhoods, because I do not want to kill anything, particularly dogs and cats, who cannot be forewarned about cars like kids can by their yanno, PARENTS WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING THEM AND NOT ALLOWING THEM TO PLAY IN THE STREET.

As an aside, why do Breeders insist on moving to subdivisions with big back yards and neighborhood playgrounds the minute the stick turns blue, only to let them PLAY IN THE STREET? Put them in the backyard, damnit, or in the "bonus room" of your McMansion.

4. What Cambion said about Moo and Dud drivers. Kee-rist, minivans and Tot Yacht drivers are the WORST. You do not want to be between a Moo and her destination. You will be run over and your car will be smashed by a cell-phone-wielding, distracted driving, speeding, reckless Bizzy Mawm.
February 25, 2020
twocents
""""Drive like there's a feral cat colony in the neighborhood" would work much better on me, for instance.""

you know, this sounds like a good idea

There's a colony in our neighborhood. So yeah, I think about them coming around the blind corner. Otoh, kids walk in the street a lot (despite there being a sidewalk), but I never think about *that* when I'm driving. I probably should. You know breeders are litigious and the fact that their precious miracles walk down the middle of the street wouldn't matter to them or the cops.
February 25, 2020
yurble

Breeders don’t give a fuck about any kids except the ones that share their DNA, which is pretty much what this sign is admitting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 26, 2020
Urgh-barf. That shit exists in germany too. In my home village, and in some other places I've seen, there were signs like that next to a normal speed limit sign, saying something like "Attention! It could be YOUR kid!" next to some cartoonishly drawn loaves, near a school.
First of all, it disgustingly reeks of "muh genes", as if it matters whose DNA it is, if someone gets mowed down for carelessly prancing round the street.
Secondly, I thank my lucky stars that I have no "maternal instincts", so nothing in my life circles around the little (99%-)misbehaved shits. But obviously I'm a careful driver and careful with speed limits. But for different reasons. For starters, speeding tickets are expensive. And of course, I don't wanna hit a cat or a hedgehog, or other animal. Its them who need actual protection, since they sometimes just don't know any better.
And I don't wanna damage my car, lose my license, or end up in jail, if some of these misbehaved loaf-monkeys decide to jump onto the road, since their free-rangey-keepers don't bother teaching their asses to keep the fuck off. I remember, when I was kid-aged, being my usual, over-accurate self, I was always careful on the roads and looked more than twice. And I remember my peers getting into trouble with teachers or parents for careless behavior. Nowadays, "discipline" seems to have disappeared for the most part anyway.
Furthermore, I agree with everyone above. Its mostly breeders anyway, who drive like a bunch of idiots who think they're alone in the streets. Their fucking shitmobiles are huge, and they also park like jackasses a lot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
March 06, 2020
If someone drives like an ass, chances are they won't be noticing those signs or if they do, they won't care. I think it's hilarious that they assume everyone has loaves.

"Drive like there's baby geese crossing here" would probably work for me. I don't drive ATM, but if I did, I'd definitely be paying attention to that.
March 06, 2020
"Drive like there's a feral cat colony in the neighborhood" would work much better on me, for instance.
I may just really slow down for this sign (and look for the kitties!)
March 07, 2020
How about signs for kids playing in the neighborhood: "Play near streets like all the cars are being driven by distracted drivers!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login