Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro-liars want to become a "Protected Class"

Posted by cfdavep 
Pro-liars want to become a "Protected Class"
February 25, 2020
...legally

https://www.yahoo.com/news/time-end-california-illegal-discrimination-053000363.html

Just great
Re: Pro-liars want to become a "Protected Class"
February 25, 2020
And how exactly are pro-lifers discriminated against, let alone illegally? Do they mean being told off when they picket outside clinics? I couldn't figure out from the article how these people face discrimination other than abortion being legal.

And can pro-choicers have the same protection extended to them? My guess is no because pro-lifers are doing Gawd's work, after all, shaming those filthy whores and killing those pesky doctors.
February 26, 2020
I'd like to see a Venn diagram showing the relation between people who think forced birthers should be a protected class and people who think being gay is a choice and therefore shouldn't be protected.
March 04, 2020
What you are, inherently, through no choice of your own, should be protected. Examples include skin color, sexual orientation, and disability.

What you choose to think and do, on the other hand, does not inherently deserve protection. Making religion a protected category was the big mistake, because it created entitled assholes who think that all the horrible things they want to do in the name of their religion should be protected as well. Meanwhile those of us who want to say what we think of religion are often prevented from doing so. Once you start protecting ideas and beliefs, as opposed to merely the right to hold those ideas, injustice of this sort is the only possible outcome.
March 04, 2020
yurble
What you choose to think and do, on the other hand, does not inherently deserve protection. Making religion a protected category was the big mistake, because it created entitled assholes who think that all the horrible things they want to do in the name of their religion should be protected as well. Meanwhile those of us who want to say what we think of religion are often prevented from doing so. Once you start protecting ideas and beliefs, as opposed to merely the right to hold those ideas, injustice of this sort is the only possible outcome.

I think that people who are BORN into a certain religion and have an appearance that lets others ASSUME they are of a certain religion should be protected. For example, if you are born into a Muslim family and that is how you dress, you should still be protected to walk down the street without harassment or bullying wearing your head covering.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 06, 2020

What you are, inherently, through no choice of your own, should be protected. Examples include skin color, sexual orientation, and disability.

This is pure gold and very well said. Protecting ideas can mean certain ideas deemed to be "permissible" become protected, which is dangerous. For example: recently in my town some members of a white supremacist group were denied a permit to have a rally. The justification was that they could possibly cause trouble. I'm not a white supremacist--I'm pretty liberal socially, but I would think anyone who cares about living in a free society would be concerned about censorship like that. Yes, those people may have disgusting ideas, but they have the right to hold these ideas and to assemble just as much as any other group. If they are violent, by all means arrest them, but don't tell them they cannot assemble peacefully, as long as they are not interfering with someone else's rights and lawful actions.

I think that people who are BORN into a certain religion and have an appearance that lets others ASSUME they are of a certain religion should be protected. For example, if you are born into a Muslim family and that is how you dress, you should still be protected to walk down the street without harassment or bullying wearing your head covering

There is already protection under the First Amendment for dress, hair, etc. as there should be. I don't care how someone wants to dress and whether they were born that way. Carry on, as long as you don't trample my rights. Where these people get into trouble is when they want their Sharia law to apply to the laws of a free country, or where Christian pro-liars, who have the right to believe that feti are real people, have legal justification to block a woman from getting birth control pills.
March 06, 2020
bell_flower

This is pure gold and very well said. Protecting ideas can mean certain ideas deemed to be "permissible" become protected, which is dangerous. For example: recently in my town some members of a white supremacist group were denied a permit to have a rally. The justification was that they could possibly cause trouble. I'm not a white supremacist--I'm pretty liberal socially, but I would think anyone who cares about living in a free society would be concerned about censorship like that. Yes, those people may have disgusting ideas, but they have the right to hold these ideas and to assemble just as much as any other group. If they are violent, by all means arrest them, but don't tell them they cannot assemble peacefully, as long as they are not interfering with someone else's rights and lawful actions.

There is already protection under the First Amendment for dress, hair, etc. as there should be. I don't care how someone wants to dress and whether they were born that way. Carry on, as long as you don't trample my rights. Where these people get into trouble is when they want their Sharia law to apply to the laws of a free country, or where Christian pro-liars, who have the right to believe that feti are real people, have legal justification to block a woman from getting birth control pills.

PREACH IT!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 10, 2020
makes me wonder, what is going to happen when everyone is a victim

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login