Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF person cut out of parents' will for not contributing grandkids, ruins Christmas in revenge

Posted by Cambion 
https://aworkstation.com/parents-write-out-woman-from-their-will-for-not-having-kids-then-get-mad-she-wouldnt-host-christmas/

The original topic has been removed from Reddit, but the Reader's Digest version of the story is that this person is the only one out of 4 kids who has chosen to not reproduce. Her parents cut her out of their wills for not "contributing" grandkids and her breeder siblings agreed.

This person also has a huge house (no doubt from not having kids) where she has hosted the family Christmas for six years, and after her parents and siblings treated her like this during the Thanksgiving family stay, she simply told them her house is no longer available for guests and to GTFO. Everyone got butthurt about it, but then tried to act like nothing happened the following month and made plans to camp at her house like usual, which she didn't allow because she still didn't want these assholes in her home.

Nobody else could host the famblee holiday shindig, so there was no Christmas that year.

I'd like to think that was a lesson to the family about how much the author contributes, but my guess is they're all content sitting around badmouthing her while believing they were all in the right. Fuck these people, nobody needs family like that.
think I saw that before it was taken down.

all the breeders get butt hurt over the poor famblee, nowhere to go.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
The text of the post is still there, even though the original is gone. AITA has a bot that automatically posts the text as a comment. Scroll down and you’ll find it.

Am I The Asshole

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
She obviously reacted entirely appropriately...I wouldn't blame her for just cutting them all off and being done with that bullshit. How the fuck is having kids "contributing" to her parents and siblings more than housing and feeding them? Fucking troglodytes.
The parents are obviously believers in leaving behind little fuck trophies is wonderous for the Earth and for the Human Race. Nothing else will do.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Even if there is only $500 (or $500 worth of stuff) in the inheritance her parents are still jerks for writing her out of their will for not "contributing." This is hurtful and mean-spirited regardless of the inheritance amount.

Guess hosting Thanksgiving or Christmas isn't "contributing."

Something tells me she has contributed more to her grown family than anyone else. I smell some serious jealousy.
freya
Even if there is only $500 (or $500 worth of stuff) in the inheritance her parents are still jerks for writing her out of their will for not "contributing." This is hurtful and mean-spirited regardless of the inheritance amount.

Guess hosting Thanksgiving or Christmas isn't "contributing."

Something tells me she has contributed more to her grown family than anyone else. I smell some serious jealousy.

It doesn't smell of jealousy, IT FUCKING REEKS!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I could totally see my FIL making a comment like this....oh wait, he already did at a family function. He told DH and me in a "joking" manner that we "wouldn't get nothing*" after they die because we don't have kids. I didn't take the bait...we see them once a year and that's fine with me.

I just smiled because I know the real truth--they are deeply in debt and will die with bills to pay. If we are "fortunate" enough to get any "family heirlooms" they will be quickly deposited at Goodwill, along with anything else we've ever got from them. (*Because not only do they have bad grammar--they have bad taste too and their home has a layer of grime on everything.)

The best part of this is, unbeknownst to them, despite living a middle class lifestyle and going to work every day....DH and I have always been disciplined savers and investors and we have a seven figure net worth, which was possible because You Know Why. We don't need their money. And should we have untimely deaths, part of the money is going to the one niece who made something of herself, despite having trashy parents, and the rest is going to animal charities.
What did her parents and siblings expect her to say and do after hearing this news?

"Oh wow, thank you so much for cutting us out of your will. We surely don't deserve anything from you because we have no kids. And we are happy more than you will ever know to continue hosting our family get-togethers, paying for all the food, and cleaning up after you after learning about your wonderful and fair decision!"
It is definitely a nasty thing to do - to cut someone out of a will because of their CFdom. It just shows how little respect people have for our choices.

The nice thing about being CF? I've got mine. I don't need yours.

Something similar happened to me with a family member, although it had nothing to do with sluicing. The person in question decided to cut all of us out of her will because we refuse to be controlled and abused by her.

Last time I spoke with her we had a really bad argument. I was tired of her trying to control me and let her know it in uncertain terms. She intimated the thing about being cut out of the will by saying, "I hope you don't regret this" I knew the context of what she was referring to. I told her that I'd never regret it because I don't fucking CARE about her will or her money. She can shove it for all I care. I have mine.

I haven't spoken to her since but I'm glad. I have new things going on in my life and don't have time for her BS.
Many years ago, I had a close relationship with my paternal grandmother.
I spent about 10 times the amount of time at her home as any of the other approximately 10 grand kids.
For almost ten years, it was about an even split between me doing practical helpful things (lawn mowing, car washing, house cleaning, gardening, etc) and just hanging out socially.
When my grandparents went to a nursing home, I was practically the only family who visited, even though I was 80 km away without transportation and the other relatives mostly lived in that same small town.

While almost growing up at my grandmothers home, the only physical object that she had that I showed interest in was a gingerbread clock (wooden kitchen antique ) that had been their wedding gift about 50 years prior.
When she died, I was left that clock in her will.

Short Gingerbread Clock Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItSVVicIna8

My dysfunctional mother seized the clock telling the executor she would be passing it to me immediately.
Instead, she kept it for about 30 years on the pretext that my being single and unchilded meant that my life was not settled enough to merit **what I was given in someone else's will**.
At about year 20 of keeping my clock (the only tangible connection between me and my grandmother) - she let me know that she would be putting it in her own will to give to my 1 year old infant nephew.
I freaked out and said in a few different ways that if she does that- I would never speak to her again.

Ten years later, that clock was finally willed to me (again) upon my mother's death, but the estate executor was so bitter that I (an unchilded, unmarried person) should get that clock that she threw away the key (that was inside that clock for about 80 years), so that the clock was non-functional.
"Ten years later, that clock was finally willed to me (again) upon my mother's death, but the estate executor was so bitter that I (an unchilded, unmarried person) should get that clock that she threw away the key (that was inside that clock for about 80 years), so that the clock was non-functional."

Why would the executor CARE about this clock so much and your private life? All THAT over a clock. OMG
Some people are just cunts who don't like seeing anyone be happy and/or take joy in ensuring their unhappiness.

It's sickening that people who don't reproduce are seen by their own families as lesser human beings. When it comes to inheritance and wills, the childfree person will get less than the breeders or nothing at all because they don't "need" it or "deserve" it. If a childfree person passes away, it won't be as much of a tragedy because they didn't have kids that would lose their mother/father.

But boy oh boy, breeders are sure happy to stick their fucking hands out for free money, favors and stuff from the childfree person who matters less! After all, with all that not having kids they're doing, they have all the time and cash in the world to give to everyone else in the family and if they refuse, they're selfish bastards.
Cambion
Some people are just cunts who don't like seeing anyone be happy and/or take joy in ensuring their unhappiness.

It's sickening that people who don't reproduce are seen by their own families as lesser human beings. When it comes to inheritance and wills, the childfree person will get less than the breeders or nothing at all because they don't "need" it or "deserve" it. If a childfree person passes away, it won't be as much of a tragedy because they didn't have kids that would lose their mother/father.

But boy oh boy, breeders are sure happy to stick their fucking hands out for free money, favors and stuff from the childfree person who matters less! After all, with all that not having kids they're doing, they have all the time and cash in the world to give to everyone else in the family and if they refuse, they're selfish bastards.

Have you ever read The 3 Mombie Rules by thr0wfaraway on reddit? It's hilarious, full of snark and so on target in this situation.
bell_flower
I just smiled because I know the real truth--they are deeply in debt and will die with bills to pay.

As will the people who are the subject of this post, no doubt. So if they've cut Mrs CF out of the will and out of their lives. nothing of value was lost. "Am I an asshole?" Hell no.

I can't get over how many people will treat someone else like shit on a shoe, and then get bent when that person tells them to fuck right off and not come back. There must be a lot of doormats out there, because the people in my life who have pulled that shit - are no longer in it.
I don't know if this'll help but here's a website that you may be able to find a that fits for that clock:

https://www.clockworks.com/clock-parts/clock-keys.html]Clock Keys

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Thanks for the clock parts link.
I have saved it for later when things are less crazy in the world.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login