Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The mentally ill reproducing

Posted by cfdavep 
The mentally ill reproducing
March 11, 2020
I was over on a forum today about people suffering from various mental health issues and what they are living with, how it affects their relationships and what they are trying to do about it. Anyway someone said she has Borderline Personality DIsorder and her boyfriend has Schizophrenia due to "being physically abused as a kid" Schizo is genetic and is triggered by severe stress generally, but this person basically claimed he was hit on the head enough times to develop it

She admitted they want a sprog soon and want to "raise it in a healthy environment" I was so blown away I almost signed up and commented that maybe Corona is coming for us for this reason and that maybe it needs to come for people like them. It was so awful that someone is so pathetic to be that messed up and to bring a kid into that.

The world is so over populated that diseases seem to be coming, climate change is happening and these idiot's are just dead to the world around them while helping destroy it.
Re: The mentally ill reproducing
March 11, 2020
I don't know, part of me feels that someone with a severe enough mental condition should definitely not be in charge of raising another life, but then the other part of me feels that you'd have to be fucking nuts to want to be a parent in the first place.

Sounds like the person you're describing wants to have a kid and "raise it right" to make up for the shitty way their parents raised them. I don't understand this logic because someone who had a fucked-up childhood is most likely going to have at least some issues as an adult, so how the hell can they properly raise a child? I had a crappy upbringing and it's one of the many reasons I don't want to breed - I don't want to fuck up someone's entire life just to try and make myself feel better.

I remember seeing something over on Smothering years ago about a Moo who wanted to have a kid with her autistic boyfriend and asked if the other heifers thought it was a good idea when the boyfriend's triggers were loud noises and children screaming. I have a friend who expressed interest in having kids one day and he's a good guy and all, but he's also autistic and one of his main "quirks" is that he loses interest in things after about two weeks and he would totally change everything he liked - clothes, music, movies, games, everything. I don't see a child doing well in an environment where it's a crapshoot whether or not Daddy is interested in being a father that particular week.

And of course these people won't consider adopting, not only because they need one of their own, but I'm sure nobody would adopt to a schizophrenic. And they won't consider just not having kids because everyone "deserves" to breed because it's a "basic human right." Fuck the kid and how they might be affected being raised by psychos, so long as the parents get to play house!

However, someone who has a mild mental disorder or a properly medicated/controlled one could still make a decent parent, so I can't paint everyone with a mental disorder with the same brush. It would just take much more work on the parent's part to be a parent.
March 11, 2020
Cambion
when the boyfriend's triggers were loud noises and children screaming

hysterical laughter hysterical laughter hysterical laughter Sure, it's a great idea.

Cambion
And of course these people won't consider adopting, not only because they need one of their own, but I'm sure nobody would adopt to a schizophrenic.

Okay, a step further than the radical idea of requiring parenting classes or licensing before someone can breed: a requirement that before one is allowed to breed, they have to apply to adopt. If they are allowed, great, they're the parent they always wanted to be! If not, if they're found unfit for whatever reason, nope, no kid for them. Too bad. Wonder how many people would want to be parents then!
March 11, 2020
kittehpeoples

Okay, a step further than the radical idea of requiring parenting classes or licensing before someone can breed: a requirement that before one is allowed to breed, they have to apply to adopt. If they are allowed, great, they're the parent they always wanted to be! If not, if they're found unfit for whatever reason, nope, no kid for them. Too bad. Wonder how many people would want to be parents then!

Instead, it is becoming more difficult to NOT have children because there aren't enough unwanted brats for the GOP.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 12, 2020
part of mental illness is the delusion that they aren't mentals. or that they don't need any help. and the 2 year old mentality of 'I can do better than everyone else.'

which is why there are so many fucking mentals now as it is. some have to work damn hard to be able to parent half way decently. who needs this kind of work. just in order to PASS THE FUCKING GENES ON IN THE FIRST PLACE TO ENSURE YET ANOTHER GENERATION HAS TO DEAL WITH IT

just more selfishness.

but from what I've seen of some mentals, it is selfishness on steroids.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 12, 2020
If your mental illness has a genetic component, you're an asshole to risk passing that on. If your mental illness does not have a genetic component but significantly affects your daily life, you're an asshole to subject a child to that.
March 13, 2020
this is the problem. they don't see themselves as having any problem.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 15, 2020
IOW, she wants a chyld in order to see if she will be a good parent or not.

The same reason most people breed, then 90% of the time they end up being horrendous parunts.

Then their kyds end up hating them.
March 16, 2020
kittehpeoples
Cambion

hysterical laughter hysterical laughter hysterical laughter Sure, it's a great idea.

Is this going to end up being a PNA? I bet it is. Or maybe they'll get lucky and have a perfectly healthy mute child that grows up to play professional football or becomes a rock star or cures cancer and gives them millions to retire in style. Keep dreaming, defuncts.
March 16, 2020
freya
kittehpeoples
Cambion

Is this going to end up being a PNA? I bet it is. Or maybe they'll get lucky and have a perfectly healthy mute child that grows up to play professional football or becomes a rock star or cures cancer and gives them millions to retire in style. Keep dreaming, defuncts.

I posted about it here forever ago. Here is the original Bratfree topic with a bunch of other stories and below is the link to the actual thread on the Moo site:

www.mothering.com/community/t/1333277/anyone-have-any-advice-on-helping-a-parent-with-asperger-syndrome-parent-gently

I don't know if that link works, it didn't load on my machine/connection. Apparently, not only are/were they gentle discipline parents, but Duh was also willing to just let the kids have their own way to prevent screaming and ward off an assburger tantrum. It seems to go without saying that if a child's normal/inevitable behavior sends you into a tizzy, it's probably not a good idea to have them! Oh, but silly me, I forgot that it's different when it's your own and I'm sure someone can just conveniently ignore their triggers because they're coming from a creature they created through barebacking.

I don't know why it isn't common sense to consider the fact that if you have any health problem that lowers your quality of life or your ability to care for yourself or make proper decisions or generally be a normal human being, it might not be the best idea to toss another needy little bastard into the mix. Even healthy sane people are pushed to their limits with kids, and there's a decent chance the child of a sick person will wind up being that person's caregiver. A child shouldn't be tasked with the responsibility of raising an adult, but I wouldn't doubt that some physically/mentally handicapped people have kids for the sole purpose of growing their own caregiver.
March 17, 2020
Cambion
I don't know why it isn't common sense to consider the fact that if you have any health problem that lowers your quality of life or your ability to care for yourself or make proper decisions or generally be a normal human being, it might not be the best idea to toss another needy little bastard into the mix. Even healthy sane people are pushed to their limits with kids, and there's a decent chance the child of a sick person will wind up being that person's caregiver. A child shouldn't be tasked with the responsibility of raising an adult, but I wouldn't doubt that some physically/mentally handicapped people have kids for the sole purpose of growing their own caregiver.

What is more likely to happen is the mental illness suffered by the parents will be amplified in the brat. We have more fucked up children now, a lot more than there were in the past. You can bet your bottom dollar that these parents will not be able to cope with a shit smearing tard with an IQ below 60 all its life.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 17, 2020
craftyzits
What is more likely to happen is the mental illness suffered by the parents will be amplified in the brat. We have more fucked up children now, a lot more than there were in the past. You can bet your bottom dollar that these parents will not be able to cope with a shit smearing tard with an IQ below 60 all its life.

I've often wondered...are we just more aware of mental illness than before, or are kids these days super fragile? I read all the time about school kids having panic attacks and anxiety and I just can't remember that happening at all when I was younger. Of course there were people suffering from depression, people cutting themselves - I'm not pretending the past was a rosy place - but there wasn't this total loss of function in public places.
March 17, 2020
yurble
craftyzits

I've often wondered...are we just more aware of mental illness than before, or are kids these days super fragile? I read all the time about school kids having panic attacks and anxiety and I just can't remember that happening at all when I was younger. Of course there were people suffering from depression, people cutting themselves - I'm not pretending the past was a rosy place - but there wasn't this total loss of function in public places.

The Internet has made all the news an 'all the time' feature, and we are exposed to global problems as if they were local problems.

However, I do think there are more major problems with kids as we've had a lot of environmental nightmares. We have had two major nuclear incidents in Japan and Chernobyl. American businesses are experimenting with their customers' bodies as well. Genetically modified foods are a thing and they are everywhere, causing the allergic phenomenon. Plastic in food and water is also a thing.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 17, 2020
craftyzits
The Internet has made all the news an 'all the time' feature, and we are exposed to global problems as if they were local problems.

However, I do think there are more major problems with kids as we've had a lot of environmental nightmares. We have had two major nuclear incidents in Japan and Chernobyl. American businesses are experimenting with their customers' bodies as well. Genetically modified foods are a thing and they are everywhere, causing the allergic phenomenon. Plastic in food and water is also a thing.

Chernobyl was long before the memory of kids today; it's people in their 30s and older who remember it. And when I was a kid, I spent a lot of time having angst about nuclear war. It's not as if we didn't have things to fear in childhood.

I have allergies. My parents have allergies. They suck but I can't really attribute any mental health problems to them. Also, if mental health problems could be attributed to micro plastics I'd expect to see an increase across all ages, whereas it appears as if young people in particular lack resilience.

There is no evidence that GMOs cause allergies. I don't rule out the possibility that we might subsequently discover a problem, as with nano-plastics, but the research to date does not support the claim. Mind you, I oppose GMOs for several reasons: the genes have been shown to transmit to other plants, including weeds; the public loses control of agriculture and is dependent upon companies for seeds; farmer dependency on GMOs and subsequent price-gouging has led to bankruptcy and suicide; and GMO encourages monoculture, which is environmentally problematic. I'd rather argue against them based on demonstrable evidence. Other objections sound as dismissable as anti-vaxxer arguments.
March 17, 2020
yurble

I think it's a little of column A and a little of column B. We're more aware of mental illness today than ever before, but people are also sensitive little crybaby bitches anymore to the point where we need to invent new mental illnesses just for them. Apparently everyone is anxious, depressed, triggered, and offended and honestly, I think it kind of makes a joke of real mental illness when everyone can diagnose themselves with a problem and exploit it in school or work. Out of a hundred people who claim to have a mental illness, I wonder how many actually do. As in a disorder diagnosed by a medical professional, not a Dr. Google diagnosis.

Because back in the Good Old Days™, every screaming brat, flapper and assburger would just be considered retarded. There was no autism. Now you have shit like Oppositional Defiant Disorder for brats who don't like being told "no" and people who diagnose their own kids with autism because it gives them an excuse to not be good parents. We've come a long way as far as mental illness in both good and bad directions.
March 21, 2020
Cambion
I posted about it here forever ago. Here is the original Bratfree topic with a bunch of other stories and below is the link to the actual thread on the Moo site:

www.mothering.com/community/t/1333277/anyone-have-any-advice-on-helping-a-parent-with-asperger-syndrome-parent-gently

I don't know if that link works, it didn't load on my machine/connection. Apparently, not only are/were they gentle discipline parents, but Duh was also willing to just let the kids have their own way to prevent screaming and ward off an assburger tantrum. It seems to go without saying that if a child's normal/inevitable behavior sends you into a tizzy, it's probably not a good idea to have them! Oh, but silly me, I forgot that it's different when it's your own and I'm sure someone can just conveniently ignore their triggers because they're coming from a creature they created through barebacking.

Cambion, those stories are disturbing. I can't understand why any intelligent being would risk bringing that into their life. And most of the examples have nothing physically or mentally wrong with them. It would be different if they are two or three years old.

Many of the kids from your threads are now at or near adult age. I'm sure they're all great, independent adults. bemused eye roll
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login