Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders deal with their kids during Coronavirus (Breeder Corona Regret)

Posted by twocents 
this is from a reddit called ''r/breakingmom" talk about shadenfreude...

""And my 17 year old is sobbing on her bed because she "cannot stand to be home for 3 weeks" and her dad and I are crazy for suggesting she stay home and not be going to all of her friends' houses during this time. Never mind she was allowed to leave on 2 quick errands today and yesterday both, providing she used common sense and distancing.

Meanwhile my 9 year old has been up my ass and around the corner 99% of the day, even though I work from home and am a compliance officer for a major health care system and really need peace and quiet for my 9 hours of meetings that smell like they could have been emails.

My husband is beyond irritated and cranky. He works, also from home, for a different major health care organization, in a very high demand area of care during this time and has worked 40 hours since Saturday just trying to keep up with the demand. Lucky me.

My nerves are fried, I'm ready to beat both kids (figuratively not literally!!) and my spouse is so irritated you can't look at him sideways. I swear I am gonna go spend the next 3 weeks at my oldest kid's dorm. College kids gotta be better than this shit.

Oh, and it's been one official day at home from school. Fuck me.""

hahahahaha

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

Re: Breeder Corona Regret
March 17, 2020
She should count her blessings, she's not having to deal with severely depressed children desperately concerned about their future. Instead, all she has to deal with is standard childhood assholery, which she should already be used to.
March 17, 2020
twocents

Oh, and it's been one official day at home from school. Fuck me.""

hahahahaha

Two abortions could have fixed your problems you twat!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 17, 2020
How do you figuratively beat someone?

I understand needing some space even from people you care about, but it's pretty telling about the joys of parenthood when the whole house is ready to be committed to an asylum after one whole day together. But tell me again what I'm missing out on and how it's so worth it. Because, from my perspective at least, not being able to tolerate your own kids for 24 hours sounds a lot like a big pile of NOPE.

I wonder how many murder-suicides will happen as the result of families being in isolation and being forced to interact with one another.
March 17, 2020
Cambion
I wonder how many murder-suicides will happen as the result of families being in isolation and being forced to interact with one another.

That and suicides are going to see a steep climb with this Covid 19 bullshit. Not only will families be forced to interact, but many will also lose their jobs, their homes, and their incomes. I also see a spike in homelessness coming which will negate the quarantine. Trump, of course, will send any government aid to his rich friends and the donor class, leaving the average American in the cold. I predict so many dead that the morgue won't be able to cope.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 17, 2020
This school closure looks like for the rest of the year, and I wonder will teens be working this summer. I wonder how bad the social fall out will get.

I think parents get though most of the 18 years by being too distracted to parent and they may have to parent now for months on end. Scary
March 17, 2020
At least she is home and likely healthy. She isn't stuck working in an airport or hospital. I don't know where she is located, but it doesn't sound like she is in Italy either.

These moos need to get it together, tell their kids to occupy themselves or else do chores. Then they'll leave her alone.
March 17, 2020
A portion sounds like standard kid assholery, but most of this is entirely the parents' fault. They have raised self-centered little snowflakes and now they are reaping what they sow. I realize there will be moments of tension, but if you cannot stand to be around your kid all the time, because your fucking brat cannot entertain himself/herself for a single minute while you work, it's your fault. These two brats are not toddlers. The nine year old ought to be reasonably self-sufficient and the 17 year old sounds completely pathetic.

Jeezus, 17 and she's sobbing on the bed because her social life is on hold? She's a year from being an adult and she's clearly had no experience with the real world, thanks to Mommy and Daddy sheltering her from every little thing.

I remember being that age. If something like this would have happened, I would have been (rightly) scared witless. My generation grew up with the Cold War and the threat of nuclear war, 3 mile Island, etc. (Nuclear war is still a possibility of course, but it was more front-and-center at that time.) There was also gas rationing, interest rates of 21 percent, because the Fed wasn't pumping/manufacturing faux money in response to every market blip, an unemployment rate of 20%, high inflation, I could go on. I grew up with economic insecurity and those lessons remain for life.

At the very least I would have understood the seriousness of the situation.

My DH and I were just discussing all the brat-related interruptions in the workplace. We both had respect for our parents' jobs. I was a latchkey kid at age 9. I went home, called my mother for one minute to check in and let her know I made it home, then I was to start my homework, do household chores, etc. Both my DH's parents worked about 45 minutes away from their home. It was a long distance call. He and his siblings knew not to call his parents unless it was an EMERGENCY.

If I dared tell my parents I was bored, I would get a shitload of house work. I was expected to do it and help the family, not be a drain like these brats are.

Buckle in, folks. Be prepared to hear screaming, ill-behaved kids on the phone during the Corona virus and during this time of liberal telework. I heard my share today. You know these parunts are not getting much done.

I have to admit, when I hear parunts bitch about their self-created problems, the Schadenfreude is POSITIVELY DELICIOUS. I want to pat myself on the back yet again for avoiding all that mess.

band playing music thumbs up balloon smiles bouncing smileys holding sign: bed made lie

Thank Todd for BIRTH CONTROL, STERILIZATION and not following the herd and being SMART.
March 17, 2020
bell_flower
I have to admit, when I hear parunts bitch about their self-created problems, the Schadenfreude is POSITIVELY DELICIOUS. I want to pat myself on the back yet again for avoiding all that mess.

Indeed. I just hope I have to deal with VERY FEW calls that involve background brats, as I fear a migraine attack.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 17, 2020
I don't ever remember needing to be up the adults' asses every second when I was a kid. On the contrary, I wanted to be as far from them as possible so I could make trouble uninterrupted like a normal kid. At age 9, I had plenty of shit to do - drawing, playing with the cats, digging holes in the yard, doing stupid shit like "bowling" with an old basketball and empty two liter bottles, playing video games, playing with my toys and so on. But these parents like to micro-manage every aspect of their kids lives and shadow them every moment, and now they get to deal with the clingy needy brats they created.

Zero sympathy. If you have a nine-year-old that won't leave you alone and a nearly adult child that is having a breakdown over being homebound for a while, that is YOUR fault for not teaching your kids independence and how to amuse themselves. Good luck getting any work done, dumbass.
March 18, 2020
Boo-fucking-hoo, breeders. But the famblees will be getting all the help. Screw you if you're CF or CL, especially if you're single!
March 18, 2020
bell_flower
Buckle in, folks. Be prepared to hear screaming, ill-behaved kids on the phone during the Corona virus and during this time of liberal telework. I heard my share today. You know these parunts are not getting much done.

And the breeder apologists are already at work. I've seen lots of people saying you should never apologize if a kid interrupts your online meeting because it (a) adds some levity at a time when people are worried, and (b) allows you to finally have to stop compartmentalizing your work and family life and reveal to your employer that you have a life outside of work.

Well, some of us don't want to hear a kid screeching in the background (thank dog most of the people I work with are 20-somethings and don't have kids, so our meetings are free from background noise). I don't find kids cute at all and I if you're not my friend I don't care about your personal life. I don't find kids cute and would like you to keep some separation between work and personal life, please. Just like I don't want to see you in your pajamas, I don't want to see - or worse, hear - your kids.

Let me see your cat commandeer your keyboard, then I'll find it cute (but probably still a bit annoying if it interrupts what we're trying to work on).
March 18, 2020
Cambion

Not even a joke. This possibly is very very real. When this all started I saw articles by domestic violence experts that talked about this potential problem. Apparently going to work is a respite and now that's gone.
March 18, 2020
bell_flower
If I dared tell my parents I was bored, I would get a shitload of house work. I was expected to do it and help the family, not be a drain like these brats are.

Damn straight. If you were bored you quickly found something to be un-bored with, and that was usually outside. Too bad helicopter parents and lawmakers have made it impossible for these kids to go to the park unsupervised, and get out from under their parents feet.

A couple of my friends have dropped in on supermarkets in malls over the last couple of days, and seen gangs of kids cruising the mall. Guess where their idiot parents are sending them? Nobody ever said breeders were smart.
I like how she thinks college aged kids have to be better, but that is 100% of parunthood, waiting for them to get out of the BFing yrs and waiting for them to get over the terrible twos, and waiting for them to be more independent, then hating they are more independent bcuz they are then trouble makers, then waiting for them to get over teen assholery years, then worrying too much about them off at college, then seeing what knuckleheads they turned out to be, or hating their spouse, or them never getting out of the basement. Moohood is just one big stream of waiting for 'someday'.
this is from the subreddit 'migraine' but it belongs with this

""Thanks to the pandemic, my three kids under age 5 are home from daycare until the end of April. On top of having to be mom, work full time hours with them home; their normal noise levels are just so loud that I've got a constant migraine. This is going to be a long month.""

boo effing hoo

I used to get headaches frequently. I don't think they were true migraines. but I was light sensitive but only heat would help. and adding kids to this misery?? gaaah

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Here in PA, Tom the Wolfman did the unthinkable: He closed all state liquor stores! How will people cope? He did keep the beer distributors open but some will need a lot of beer to prevent withdrawal.
Just took a peek at the breakingmom sub. WOW, the schadenfreude is top-shelf. It amazes me that these nitwits will marry and breed with men they clearly can't stand and then do it again after they figure out they can't stand their kids either and the only thing holding their feeble families together is separation. That's sad, funny and messed up all at the same time.
mr. neptune
Here in PA, Tom the Wolfman did the unthinkable: He closed all state liquor stores! How will people cope? He did keep the beer distributors open but some will need a lot of beer to prevent withdrawal.

They'll cross the state line into my neck of the woods to do their liquor run....fun times ahead folks, fun times...
Cambion
Just took a peek at the breakingmom sub. WOW, the schadenfreude is top-shelf. It amazes me that these nitwits will marry and breed with men they clearly can't stand and then do it again after they figure out they can't stand their kids either and the only thing holding their feeble families together is separation. That's sad, funny and messed up all at the same time.

A relative of my partner has a very dysfunctional family.
She frequently says of the two other people in her household " Why am I surrounded by two assholes?"

She is a total narcissist and manipulator.
Her son (who she raised very badly) is a sociopath.
Her husband who she separates from a regular basis is an aggressive alcoholic who everyone hates.

We are all having a bit of glee of how crazy things must be there in that isolation household.
There are lots of posts on Reddit in this vein, where parunts are telling themselves stuff like this to make it through the day:

However it dawned on me tonight that they (Editor's note: they are talking about their hellions) are and will be the only things keeping us sane. If it was just as alone we would have been sleeping in, going to bed late, missing meals, eating junk, skipping showers, and binge watching tv. Not that it doesn’t all sound amazing but after a couple of days, after a week, after a month? That lifestyle is a recipe for depression. With the kids we are forced to get up everyday at 6am like normal, we have to eat breakfast, limit screen time, go outside in the garden, keep the house tidy, keep food stocked, make healthy meals at set times, go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Get real, People. In what Universe, unless one is an extreme morning person, is being awakened at 6 a.m. joyful? Not in mine, in fact one of the greatest things about being CF is not being sleep deprived. I had a DELICIOUS two hour nap this afternoon. On the weekends, I do not set an alarm clock. I wake up when my body is ready to wake up, not because Shitford is demanding it.

I read stuff like this and think these people were not very grown up to begin with, prior to their having kids. I eat healthy meals and I don't live in a pigsty. it's called being a grownup. I tend to be a self-directed person, but the great thing about being CF is that one can live the way one wants to live, not because one HAS TO live that way. I can binge-watch Netflix one day and I'm not fighting with my spouse or neglecting my kid over it. The next day I can do what I want to do. Yes, it is that fabulous. I am FREE to set my life and schedule as I see fit.

Suck on that, Breeders.
So we CF are all lazy, filthy, irresponsible and depressed slackers who eat crap and don't shower?
bell_flower
Get real, People. In what Universe, unless one is an extreme morning person, is being awakened at 6 a.m. joyful? Not in mine, in fact one of the greatest things about being CF is not being sleep deprived. I had a DELICIOUS two hour nap this afternoon. On the weekends, I do not set an alarm clock. I wake up when my body is ready to wake up, not because Shitford is demanding it.

I read stuff like this and think these people were not very grown up to begin with, prior to their having kids. I eat healthy meals and I don't live in a pigsty. it's called being a grownup. I tend to be a self-directed person, but the great thing about being CF is that one can live the way one wants to live, not because one HAS TO live that way. I can binge-watch Netflix one day and I'm not fighting with my spouse or neglecting my kid over it. The next day I can do what I want to do. Yes, it is that fabulous. I am FREE to set my life and schedule as I see fit.

I almost never use an alarm. I go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up naturally, feeling refreshed. I only set an alarm if I need to get up at an unexpected time, or if I haven't been able to fall asleep and have a morning meeting (this happens less than once a month). For the most part, I eat healthy meals, and of course I clean my apartment. I don't have to do this because of someone else; I do it because I can see that these things are best for me in the long run. I had that figured out by my mid-20s, if not earlier.
One of my favourite things about this whole shitty situation is the snappy things I'm seeing on the various childfree Facebook pages I follow, with tweets from people saying things like:

Dear everyone who bugged us for the last 10 years to "have kids, when are you gonna have kids? you should have kids!", Where are you at now

And other tweets from breeders saying shit like "You all quarantining without kids don't know how good you have it" only to receive replies on masse that yes, we do know, we 100% know and it's part of the reason why we don't have them etc.
yurble
I almost never use an alarm. I go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up naturally, feeling refreshed. I only set an alarm if I need to get up at an unexpected time, or if I haven't been able to fall asleep and have a morning meeting (this happens less than once a month). For the most part, I eat healthy meals, and of course I clean my apartment. I don't have to do this because of someone else; I do it because I can see that these things are best for me in the long run. I had that figured out by my mid-20s, if not earlier.

I use an alarm (typically I don't need it but just in case) and it required me a bit longer to figure out healthy eating, regular cleaning, etc. is a good idea. Parunts are off in some la la land where they are romanticizing their days before brats. All those bad habits they are remembering don't work for functioning adults who work for a living. We only have to be around brats for about 5 minutes or read a horror story or two if we need to be reminded how good we have it by not having brats.

I've read at least one link here where a single parunt was happy to no longer have to clean their place because they had no one to impress. Some of us keep our places clean because it is healthy and it has nothing to do with impressing others. And I'm not impressed if someone has a clean house anyways, I'd expect a house to be reasonably clean most of the time. It isn't as if being a slob is the norm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login