Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Child care becoming a thing of the past

Posted by cfdavep 
Child care becoming a thing of the past
April 05, 2020
ttps://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-closing-daycare-child-care-073614662.html

Due to c-virus some people are saying that sprog care may be a thing of the past and someone may have to stay home with what they created
Re: Child care becoming a thing of the past
April 05, 2020
Will be interesting to see how that plays out. Breeders are in the majority, but those with children not yet old enough to go to school are not. It's really not as if "the workforce" will be affected - some people will be affected, but with so many layoffs, others will take the jobs they can find. My guess is there's going to be a lot of unofficial and unlicensed childcare going on in the future, since it seems unlikely that the US will create state-sponsored childcare.
April 05, 2020
Yeah, I'm with yurble on the unlicensed/unofficial child care. People will just babysit for cash in their own homes, or go to others' homes. There's already a lot of it (years ago I reported a neighbor who was clearly running a daycare out of her condo, against association rules plus likely unlicensed). Now people will just fly under the radar even more often.
April 05, 2020
random...how noisy was that?? and did anyone else complain?

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 05, 2020
It wasn't as noisy as it could have been...mostly just feet sometimes (it was upstairs), and I've lived near people whose actual, legal resident kids were far, far louder. But there were kids that were regularly dropped off and picked up...it was clear they weren't just over there to play. No idea if anyone else complained. The family did move out, though.
April 05, 2020
I'm lucky cuz I live more or less in a business district and rarely if ever see kids under high school age. But the Moomies are going to be screaming bloody murder because they will have to do something for themselves.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 11, 2020
randomcfchick
Yeah, I'm with yurble on the unlicensed/unofficial child care. People will just babysit for cash in their own homes, or go to others' homes. There's already a lot of it (years ago I reported a neighbor who was clearly running a daycare out of her condo, against association rules plus likely unlicensed). Now people will just fly under the radar even more often.

The problem with this is that something can easily happen that will get one moo or duh up in his/her knickers and then the unlicensed daycare is shut down. We all know that brats are excellent at doing stupid life-risking things. They'd better be very very careful about the parunts they work with. And the very ones who will scream and yell are the same ones that will put themselves in a bind by doing so.

A former co-worker's wife ran a daycare and he said they barely broke even. She wasn't charging the industry standard, so it is mostly her fault. Apparently she also bought into every sob story the jerk parunts brought her, which is another reason she barely broke even. I really didn't see the point. It isn't a charity. And she had to deal with brats all day and then their pain in the ass parunts acting like brats.

I'd bet the home daycare operations are regularly taken advantage of by parunts if there is even the hint the parunts can get away with it. We all know they don't want to pay a fair wage to the people who take care of their brats, what with all their complaints about having to pay as little as $12K ($6.25 an hour) a year for daycare! I've heard famblees whine about paying for daycare who make well over $200K in combined income. Make no mistake, they're going to bitch even if it is subsidized. And if it were 100% subsidized there will be constant whining about the fact that not everyone will have a spot, because there is a higher demand than supply.
April 11, 2020
freya
I'd bet the home daycare operations are regularly taken advantage of by parunts if there is even the hint the parunts can get away with it. We all know they don't want to pay a fair wage to the people who take care of their brats, what with all their complaints about having to pay as little as $12K ($6.25 an hour) a year for daycare! I've heard famblees whine about paying for daycare who make well over $200K in combined income. Make no mistake, they're going to bitch even if it is subsidized. And if it were 100% subsidized there will be constant whining about the fact that not everyone will have a spot, because there is a higher demand than supply.

Any parent who has to consider daycare should never have a child. Children are luxury items for the hyperwealthy akin to superyaughts.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 12, 2020
craftyzits
Any parent who has to consider daycare should never have a child. Children are luxury items for the hyperwealthy akin to superyaughts.

Childcare (availability and cost) is obviously one of the factors people ought to consider when they have children, and I wish more people would, but I fail to see how the alternative of a parent - and it's generally the woman - staying at home is better. Sexist gender roles need to go away already. There's nothing inherently wrong with daycare.

I can't stop women from pigeonholing themselves into sexist domestic situations of their own choosing, but I'm certainly not going to be calling for them to do so.
April 12, 2020
I get the need for daycare if both parents need to work, but then I wonder WTF is the point of having a kid when someone else is going to be raising it for you most of the time? I wonder how many kids call daycare workers "mommy" because they see them more than they see their actual mothers.

Then you have to figure out what will cost less: one person working and one staying at home, or both working and both chipping in for daycare. Then if the father (assuming hetero relationship) stays home instead of the mother, he gets called all kinds of fun names for doing women's work. Frankly, I'd rather see a Moo sit her ass at home with Junior than keep working because breeders are easily some of the worst employees ever. They do less but expect the same pay. They leave early and come in late constantly. They'll likely bring their kid to work at least a few times. They will ask others to cover for them because (babby reasons), but they won't return the favor also because (babby reasons). Overall productivity goes down when a Moo - especially a first time Moo - keeps working.

Stay home and bitch every Mother's Day about how you deserve a $1M salary.
April 20, 2020
Cambion
I wonder WTF is the point of having a kid when someone else is going to be raising it for you most of the time? I wonder how many kids call daycare workers "mommy" because they see them more than they see their actual mothers..

If my work experience is any indication....a lot. I have had a lot of kids slip and call me mom. Most of the time they catch themselves and look embarrassed and apologize. It's true that they see me more than their parents.
April 20, 2020
I see a future where parents with children will not be able to function in society because the parent won't be able to earn enough to feed, house, clothe the brat.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login