Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proof That you can't Have it All

Posted by Peace 
Proof That you can't Have it All
April 10, 2020
This reddit sub popped up in my feed last month. I followed it so i wouldn't forget about it. It's full of moos complaining how hard it is to work and breed. It's called r/workingmoms.

I wouldn't have posted it here, except that this thread popped up in my feed. The OP is a teacher, breeding one kid almost every year. She's overwhelmed with having to distance teach and parent 2 toddlers while being pregnant. The only mention of her sperm donor is the word husband. Nowhere is it mentioned that he needs to help parent the children he helped to create.

https://www.reddit.com/r/workingmoms/comments/fye0zn/teacher_mom_fail/

The comments are a shitshow of patting this moo on the back. Two comments really stick in my craw: one person is telling her to have her online students "teach" her toddlers something new every day so she could have a break, and another one is telling her to do the bare minimum every day for her job.

It's not the responsibility of the students to online babysit teach the teacher's kids so teacher moo can have " a break." The OP is getting full salary for online teaching, not the students. Students are connecting because they want to learn, not play free babysitter. Doing the bare minimum, as another poster suggested, is why teachers get a bad rap and care called lazy.

Where the hell is the husband in all of this? If he's working from home or unemployed, he can certainly help in raising the children he helped to create. It's his job to give moo that break, not other people and not the students she's supposed to be teaching.

I'm also a teacher and distance teach through this corona mess. It is a sweet, sweet gig. I upload lessons into district approved platforms, the students complete the work and send it back to me online. In between, I can get laundry done, keep the house clean, plan my garden, message people through social media (on a different laptop, of course), etc...

I'm hoping the shutdown lasts through the end of the school year.
Re: Proof That you can't Have it All
April 10, 2020
Peace, you teach music, correct? Music teachers in my former district are frustrated because their LMS sucks balls and only like a quarter of the students are actually signing on and doing stuff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
April 10, 2020
LoveToLurk
Peace, you teach music, correct? Music teachers in my former district are frustrated because their LMS sucks balls and only like a quarter of the students are actually signing on and doing stuff.

I have few issues with students connecting and getting work completed. There will always be the wayward student who won't connect, but by and large, if you're organized and keep accurate student records, then there shouldn't be any problems. A major issue is teaching band, orchestra, or chorus, but we're being given a lot of leeway on this right now.

General music is still going strong and the older students have required assignments.
April 10, 2020
Peace

I'm also a teacher and distance teach through this corona mess. It is a sweet, sweet gig. I upload lessons into district approved platforms, the students complete the work and send it back to me online. In between, I can get laundry done, keep the house clean, plan my garden, message people through social media (on a different laptop, of course), etc...

I'm hoping the shutdown lasts through the end of the school year.

The husband probably works a job you need to go to Pandemic or not. Maybe he's a guard at a prison. As for this bitch, yes, this teaching from home is likely to go on well until the next school year as the entire USA is not practicing social distancing and pastors are actively filling their collection plates by packing the churches. I predict a million dead and a quarter of the USA will have had this virus.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 10, 2020
Peace,when this is all over how are you going to teach music classes when you actually have to be there? Could it be done in the auditorium where students can be further apart? When you teach band, will it be more outdoor classes?
April 11, 2020
craftyzits
The husband probably works a job you need to go to Pandemic or not. Maybe he's a guard at a prison.

You mean the moo's husband? Here's an equally likely scenario: he, like most other breeder fathers, does the bare fucking minimum because he can get away with it.
April 11, 2020
kittehpeoples
craftyzits
The husband probably works a job you need to go to Pandemic or not. Maybe he's a guard at a prison.

You mean the moo's husband? Here's an equally likely scenario: he, like most other breeder fathers, does the bare fucking minimum because he can get away with it.

That's it! lightbulb

I did look for a similar mens' sub, but r/workingdads is nothing more than a dick pic sub. I guess taking selfies of their phallus constitutes hard work now.
April 12, 2020
This teacher is lame. When she's teaching, she's responsible for child care. She and her husband need to talk and figure out what will work. But she still has students depending on her.

Having her students "teach" something to her toddlers would accomplish what, exactly? What state or national standards would they be hitting? How is it actually part of their academic content? Cross-age teaching can work really nicely, but it's generally for when both ages are school age, not toddlers. Come ON.

peace
I did look for a similar mens' sub, but r/workingdads is nothing more than a dick pic sub. I guess taking selfies of their phallus constitutes hard work now.

Pun intentional? grinning smiley

I'll see myself out...
April 12, 2020
randomcfchick
This teacher is lame. When she's teaching, she's responsible for child care. She and her husband need to talk and figure out what will work. But she still has students depending on her.

Having her students "teach" something to her toddlers would accomplish what, exactly? What state or national standards would they be hitting? How is it actually part of their academic content? Cross-age teaching can work really nicely, but it's generally for when both ages are school age, not toddlers. Come ON.

peace

I'll see myself out...

I see parent complaints incoming in 3... 2...1...

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 12, 2020
""Quote
peace

I'll see myself out...
(view changes)"""

hahahahhahahahah

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 14, 2020
Peace
LoveToLurk

I have few issues with students connecting and getting work completed. There will always be the wayward student who won't connect, but by and large, if you're organized and keep accurate student records, then there shouldn't be any problems. A major issue is teaching band, orchestra, or chorus, but we're being given a lot of leeway on this right now.

General music is still going strong and the older students have required assignments.

I've been teaching K-5 General Music online in an asynchronous format. It's not bad, now that I understand how and where to host my files. I'm also at a loss for what to do with my 5th Grade band students at the moment other than send weekly tutorials, but the tech department is going to have a meeting with the music department soon. We have been given strict orders not to engage with students on Zoom or other video services for legal reasons.

With regards to the original poster in question, if she doesn't have to teach live, then she should be able to fit everything into her bizzy schedule.

Click here to login