Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vindicated!! I love this (from r/childfree)

Posted by twocents 
Vindicated!! I love this (from r/childfree)
April 12, 2020
I love the little salt in the wound at the end...

"Decided to catch up with my older sister, brother and my niece/nephews via video call yesterday to see them all whilst lockdown is on (brother has a 6 y/o, sister has a 10 y/o and 5 y/o, I'm the only sibling without kids at 23, they already had their kids by my age).

2 minutes into the call and I can't hear either of my siblings due to the kids screaming, stealing the phone/camera, hitting each other, which then resulted in further screaming etc, you know the drill. My brother and sister looked absolutely worn out.

"GeoffreyIsWet, come look after your nephews and niece!"

"Bet you can't wait to have kids GeoffreyIsWet! Not long for you now!" with definite sarcasm and resentment detected.

Me, sitting there, in the peace and quiet of my clean, tidy and child-free home, drinking a cider at 3pm just because I can: "It's a no from me guys. Have fun though!" hangs up""

dancing dancing dancing smug

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Vindicated!! I love this (from r/childfree)
April 12, 2020
One upside to coronavirus is being able to get out of babysitting. Social distancing and all that.

Breeder saltiness is the best spice ever - like they aren't even trying to hide how pissed they are right now. I'm sure the bingoes will be coming at a machine gun pace now too. I love when breeders go on at great length about how much they hate parenthood, their kids, their partners and everything else and top it all off with, "ohhh but it's allllll worth it and I wouldn't have it any other way." Mmhmm sure it is.

Then they act offended and shocked when we say we don't want kids. Sorry Moos, you're not very good at marketing.
April 12, 2020
Cambion
Breeder saltiness is the best spice ever - like they aren't even trying to hide how pissed they are right now.

The strange part is that they were complaining by the first day. And it doesn't matter the age of the kid either, one in particular has a 17 year old. I'd think by that age you could send the kid to another room or dole out chores or something. And apparently most if not all of them are accustomed to eating all their meals via delivery or in a restaurant. It is as if cooking, cleaning and entertaining everyone within the home are such tragedies. I'm thinking many people have lost all their conveniences and are stuck with their kids and that is what is getting to them.

I've also mostly have heard complaining about hair and nail salons being closed from parunts. Doing your own nails is really easy. And, it has only been 45 days or less anyways.

And clearly, when parunts complain about kids being so expensive it is because of the restaurants, daycare, after school activities, etc. None of that stuff is necessary. If it was just food, shelter, and one activity they wouldn't have much to complain about. When I was a kid you'd be hard-pressed to find second hand clothing that wasn't junk. Today, second hand clothing is super cheap, the condition is described online, one can shop online and it arrives at their doorstep within about a week.
April 12, 2020
freya

And clearly, when parunts complain about kids being so expensive it is because of the restaurants, daycare, after school activities, etc. None of that stuff is necessary. If it was just food, shelter, and one activity they wouldn't have much to complain about. When I was a kid you'd be hard-pressed to find second hand clothing that wasn't junk. Today, second hand clothing is super cheap, the condition is described online, one can shop online and it arrives at their doorstep within about a week.

Actually, thrift stores are scalping. The prices for 'used' clothing are extremely high, and the clothes aren't in good shape. Your better off buying from Amazon.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2020

And apparently most if not all of them are accustomed to eating all their meals via delivery or in a restaurant. It is as if cooking, cleaning and entertaining everyone within the home are such tragedies. I'm thinking many people have lost all their conveniences and are stuck with their kids and that is what is getting to them.

I have one particular co-irker whose life I watch (point and laugh) from afar. Two very bratty kids, stay at home wifey, new age parunts. Despite making $100k a year, the family is always broke and much of it is due to buying tons of crap they do not need. I've seen the house; it's filthy and crap is piled high, like hoarders. And of course, they eat out almost every day. My co-irker even mentioned that he was thinking of ordering Hello Fresh or similar so he could prepare a meal when he got home. Absolutely unacceptable when you have a non-working person at home. I've heard him call home in the Summer and wifey and the kids are still in bed at one o'clock in the afternoon. No wonder the kids are hellions--they have absolutely no structure in their lives and their parents are pretty much undisciplined children themselves. Because of all the gentle discipline stuff, at one point the parunts were locking their phones up because one of the kids wanted to use the phone and wouldn't take no for an answer (gee, I wonder why?). The brat was having such bad temper tantrums they said they had to call the police.

My 60's and 70's parunts were not perfect but they would be laughing their asses off at these ineffectual parunts. Really it's more than just parenting--it's being unable to manage your life and get your shit together without outside intervention. It's parunts who have subcontracted life lessons and discipline to schools and teachers, and now thanks to COVID they are stuck at home with their brats and they SUDDENLY realize their kids are intolerable to be around, are rude and are incapable of entertaining themselves.

I have to admit, I'm loving it. I hope at least some of them are sucking it up, doubling down on their kids and everyone is growing the fuck up, but I realize that probably won't happen.
April 13, 2020
That reddit post is brilliant. And yeah, that's probably playing out all across the world.

Parents are miserable mofos because they're stuck with their kids. All the conveniences and luxuries they depended on (kid activities, eating out because they're "busy", recreational shopping, and mooching off/dumping their kids on others) are gone. And maybe...just MAYBE...they're realizing on some level that those things aren't necessities & that they've been doing most of parenting wrong. And that it's just not that great once they have to deal with their own children and their own homes on their own.
April 14, 2020
I certainly understand the need to have some space even from people you love now and then. But when you're going stir crazy being around your own kids for a single fucking day, it speaks volumes about how much thought you put into your life choices, both in regard to the kids you had and the person you had them with.

Moos are so used to just dumping their rotten brats in school, on relatives or on total strangers in public places, but now they don't even have that and there is precisely no one to foist blame on for any of it but themselves. They get to not only see the results of their piss-poor parenting, but they get to deal with it too. Have I mentioned yet how happy their misery makes me right now?

I'm not gonna say being a parent is easy (well, being a GOOD one isn't), but it's amazing how a little thing like being essentially under house arrest is enough to uproot lives and tear families apart all because they can't go anywhere and rely on conveniences as much.
April 15, 2020
Cambion
I certainly understand the need to have some space even from people you love now and then. But when you're going stir crazy being around your own kids for a single fucking day, it speaks volumes about how much thought you put into your life choices, both in regard to the kids you had and the person you had them with.

Yep. Maybe if they had raised their brats to be civilized human beings, having to spend time with them wouldn't be so horrible, huh?
April 15, 2020
the continued 'fail' from this sub is breathtaking. possible, we are seeing a small number, but what actual percentage is out there: is exactly the same hell, they just don't post.

I can only take so much of that sub. I think these cows have their heads so far up imaginary kiddy ass they can't see reality

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 20, 2020
bell_flower
I have one particular co-irker whose life I watch (point and laugh) from afar. Two very bratty kids, stay at home wifey, new age parunts. Despite making $100k a year, the family is always broke and much of it is due to buying tons of crap they do not need. I've seen the house; it's filthy and crap is piled high, like hoarders. And of course, they eat out almost every day. My co-irker even mentioned that he was thinking of ordering Hello Fresh or similar so he could prepare a meal when he got home. Absolutely unacceptable when you have a non-working person at home. I've heard him call home in the Summer and wifey and the kids are still in bed at one o'clock in the afternoon. No wonder the kids are hellions--they have absolutely no structure in their lives and their parents are pretty much undisciplined children themselves. Because of all the gentle discipline stuff, at one point the parunts were locking their phones up because one of the kids wanted to use the phone and wouldn't take no for an answer (gee, I wonder why?). The brat was having such bad temper tantrums they said they had to call the police.

We need to start a epic COVID-19 thread with the worst parunting examples and this fits. If a person (famblee, whatever) can afford to eat out or spend money any way they choose after paying their bills it is a completely different matter. But, once you play the "always broke" card I'm gonna judge. And I can venture to guess they haven't saved a dime for retirement either. Then again, I know of a couple living the high life (no kids) with an income of well over $300K that doesn't max our their 401k which wouldn't be a big percentage or sacrifice for them in the least. Maybe it is easier to find the discipline to save if you've had to go without in the past?
April 29, 2020
freya
Maybe it is easier to find the discipline to save if you've had to go without in the past?

Totally agree. When you have always had enough of something, you don't worry about it not being there. But if you've experienced going without, you tend to not forget the feeling, and will try to avoid it in the future.
April 29, 2020
Tiquer
freya
Maybe it is easier to find the discipline to save if you've had to go without in the past?

Totally agree. When you have always had enough of something, you don't worry about it not being there. But if you've experienced going without, you tend to not forget the feeling, and will try to avoid it in the future.

Economics is changing, and not in a good way. In the past, people made enough to sock some away but that is not the case anymore. Wages are stagnant if not declining. The cost of living is escalating at a frightening rate. In some locations, rents are rising at more than 50% a year. Health insurance is the same way.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 30, 2020
craftyzits
Tiquer
freya

Economics is changing, and not in a good way. In the past, people made enough to sock some away but that is not the case anymore. Wages are stagnant if not declining. The cost of living is escalating at a frightening rate. In some locations, rents are rising at more than 50% a year. Health insurance is the same way.

I think it's obnoxious for middle-aged people to suggest that young people just need to lay off the lattes and avocado toast and they'll be able to buy a home. The economic situation has definitely shifted and it is hard for people just getting started now. (Not that it hasn't been hard at other times in the past.)

But at the same time, I do think that middle-class people need to look in their homes at all the consumer goods they have and recognize that those represent lost opportunities to save. That massive TV, those boxes of takeout in the fridge, that shiny new laptop, that phone that you swap out every year, that new car, that overflowing wardrobe, etc - all of that is rampant consumerism when taken in aggregate. It's bad for the environment, it's bad for fiscal well-being (especially as much is bought on credit with high interest rates), and in my opinion it's bad for character, as well. Constantly feeding the habit of indulgence and letting self-discipline fall by the wayside creates infantile, entitled adults.
April 30, 2020
yurble

I think it's obnoxious for middle-aged people to suggest that young people just need to lay off the lattes and avocado toast and they'll be able to buy a home. The economic situation has definitely shifted and it is hard for people just getting started now. (Not that it hasn't been hard at other times in the past.)

But at the same time, I do think that middle-class people need to look in their homes at all the consumer goods they have and recognize that those represent lost opportunities to save. That massive TV, those boxes of takeout in the fridge, that shiny new laptop, that phone that you swap out every year, that new car, that overflowing wardrobe, etc - all of that is rampant consumerism when taken in aggregate. It's bad for the environment, it's bad for fiscal well-being (especially as much is bought on credit with high interest rates), and in my opinion it's bad for character, as well. Constantly feeding the habit of indulgence and letting self-discipline fall by the wayside creates infantile, entitled adults.

I don't think most adults live this way. Many surveys find that Americans cannot afford a $400 emergency, and not because they overindulge. What is happening is most adults earn below minimum wage if you calculate it with inflation. Most of them go out to eat maybe once a month or less. They buy clothing from the cheap part of Amazon because thrift stores come with bed bugs and inflated prices.

In my opinion, overindulgence is having children. However, having children is becoming a non-choice in the USA as abortion is unobtainable in much of the nation, and birth control is under the control of fundies who act as guardians of the gate.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 30, 2020
craftyzits
yurble

I don't think most adults live this way. Many surveys find that Americans cannot afford a $400 emergency, and not because they overindulge. What is happening is most adults earn below minimum wage if you calculate it with inflation. Most of them go out to eat maybe once a month or less. They buy clothing from the cheap part of Amazon because thrift stores come with bed bugs and inflated prices.

I didn't say most, I said middle-class. If someone is earning below minimum wage, they are hardly middle class.
April 30, 2020
yurble
craftyzits
yurble

I didn't say most, I said middle-class. If someone is earning below minimum wage, they are hardly middle class.

The middle class is going extinct. What used to be middle class is what is living in their cars in California unable to rent an apartment. Middle-class income according to the politicians earns $50,000 a year. Jobs that pay that are going overseas.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 30, 2020
craftyzits
The middle class is going extinct. What used to be middle class is what is living in their cars in California unable to rent an apartment. Middle-class income according to the politicians earns $50,000 a year. Jobs that pay that are going overseas.

Nothing you might say about median household income disproves that there are people living the conspicuous consumption lifestyle, presumably on credit. There have been posts on this board about financial advisors giving advice to breeders who are making exactly these mistakes. Bell flower described someone she knows in that situation, just up thread. I have personally met people like this.

I don't disagree that an increasing number of people are losing out in modern America. But we were not talking about people who are victims of economic policy, we were talking about people who are the victims of their own bad choices, who are living the consumerist lifestyle. Since the people you describe don't fit that description, what's being said doesn't apply to them.

IDGAF about #notallbreeders; this is a rant board.
April 30, 2020
yurble
craftyzits

Nothing you might say about median household income disproves that there are people living the conspicuous consumption lifestyle, presumably on credit. There have been posts on this board about financial advisors giving advice to breeders who are making exactly these mistakes. Bell flower described someone she knows in that situation, just up thread. I have personally met people like this.

I don't disagree that an increasing number of people are losing out in modern America. But we were not talking about people who are victims of economic policy, we were talking about people who are the victims of their own bad choices, who are living the consumerist lifestyle. Since the people you describe don't fit that description, what's being said doesn't apply to them.

IDGAF about #notallbreeders; this is a rant board.

True. I just don't look around my community and readily see the type of people you talk about. Although that is probably the nature of my community, as most of us are disabled and living on SSD or SSI. We rarely come across those who are 'pretentious'.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login