Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Children bring hope

Posted by khan 
Children bring hope
April 17, 2020
https://www.news-press.com/story/news/local/2020/04/06/pandemic-baby-pregnancy-childbirth-and-coronavirus/2928386001/

“Pregnant women are some of the only people on earth with something to celebrate right now, and these babies will bring joy and light in a very dark time,” texted Caitie Eck, 36, of Fort Myers. “I wish more people would focus on that instead of instilling fear.”
Re: Children bring hope
April 17, 2020
khan
https://www.news-press.com/story/news/local/2020/04/06/pandemic-baby-pregnancy-childbirth-and-coronavirus/2928386001/

“Pregnant women are some of the only people on earth with something to celebrate right now, and these babies will bring joy and light in a very dark time,” texted Caitie Eck, 36, of Fort Myers. “I wish more people would focus on that instead of instilling fear.”

I was watching that show about Mysteries of the Abandoned and there was a segment about an old sugar plantation that was populated by slaves. The conditions were so terrible that there was infanticide back then, that the people did not want the babies to grow into slaves. I really don't want that to happen, so I think couples should do any birth control they can in times like these.
April 17, 2020
khan

We have an idiot who drunk the cool-aid.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 18, 2020
Orly now? And what precisely is there to celebrate when you're pregnant in the middle of a pandemic?

You can't get normal pre-natal care right now because nobody's doing office visits. You may not be able to give birth properly in a hospital because either they don't want you coming in or there isn't adequate staff to pull the loaf out. If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you're taking a HUGE gamble due to limited medical access. If emergency complications arise or you begin to miscarry, you may not be able to get timely help. If you decide to crap out the loaf at home, you still need a midwife to help and most are booked solid, and in the likely event shit goes south with a homebirth, you again may be unable to get timely care at the hospital.

It seems unclear whether coronavirus can be spread in the womb, but in spite of all the claims that kids don't get symptoms, some newborns have gotten sick and died after either catching it from their parents or someone else in the hospital. You will need to go out more often to buy loaf supplies like diapers and formula and odds are there won't be any left because everyone else is hoarding these things for their own brats. There is no telling how long this shit will be going on for and your child may not get to have a normal childhood doing things like playing with other kids or going to school. They will only know their family members as faces on screens via Facetime. You WILL get sick of your kids very quickly in isolation, if r/breakingmom is any evidence of how parents are coping with COVID-19. The world is a bad place to intentionally bring a new life into right now.

As far as I'm concerned, children do not bring joy and hope right now - they are just additional germ vectors.
April 20, 2020
craftyzits
khan

We have an idiot who drunk the cool-aid.

Joy and light? It is either her first one and she is incredibly naive or she is an utter idiot.
I've celebrated at least once a day that I'm child free. Sometimes (depending on what I read) numerous times.
It isn't fun overall for anyone currently. But at least the precautions are helping out everyone and (as far as I know) we still have access to power, water, services, internet and grocery stores.
April 22, 2020
Agreed with all Cambion said - couldn't have said it better.
And as an antinatalist myself I'd add, that any new child is not "hope and joy and light" or whatever propaganda-crapwords, but just another individual who was forced into existence because of the narcissistic and egoistical reasons of the parents - their naive and irrational longing for "hope and joy" through a kyyd, because their shallow, herd-mentality conscience is incapable of giving their life meaning in another, less selfish way.
And this new individual will just live a life of suffering, and ultimately, death, being cannon fodder to exploitation by capitalism, or cannon fodder for disease. All that, while being just another greedy, needy consumer who contributes to the destruction and pollution of the environment and the horrible suffering of animals.

Nice take on "hope and light and joy", you fucking pro-natalist propaganda twats. You're digging your own grave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
April 25, 2020
A pandemic has got to be the absolute worst time to breed, even worse than a major world war.

And no, children do not bring hope into the world, they bring hardship, hunger, ultimately, death, the one thing no parunt wants to deal with.
April 27, 2020
I've seen this same argument (children bring hope, children bring happiness) from people who think everyone capable should be able to breed, regardless of their financial situation. I don't think the children of the poor would agree with this sentiment. I doubt many of them had idyllic childhoods. I've never heard an adult say their life would be better if they'd grown up in poverty or had to share a 1 bedroom apartment with 6 other people.

I would guess that many thought the poverty was temporary but adding children only augments it. Divorce is most often a direct cause of money issues. And if a spouse leaves it may not be possible to make enough money to not be in poverty. And since people assume having kids is easy because so many others do it they probably assume making enough money to not be poor is easy too. And most people are not financially literate, so that could make this much worse.

But, no one in this situation is considering the child, it is all about the adult. And breeding during a pandemic is definitely all about the adult(s).
April 27, 2020
I heard (or read) somewhere that all poor white people have (somehow?) been brainwashed by society into thinking they are just a short step away from becoming rich and powerful. Maybe by lottery, or whatever, can't imagine why. There is a meme with the fat , sloppy redneck saying he can't wait till all these immigrants are thrown out so he can get one of those high paying tech jobs they are stealing from "us". Maybe the Abe Lincoln image of growing up in a poor family in a log cabin and becoming president?
I was just thinking how much I wish some of these teen parunts would just ONCE speak the truth about their lives (in less than "oh, isn't it cute that I'm such a martyr) to other young women. One wonders if hearing a more realistic story about the stress of parenting would even warn any of these wanna-breeders?
April 28, 2020
When you unpick it, the "hope" argument is just the same old delusions packaged with a pretty bow. I mean: hope of what? They aren't hoping for dirty diapers and night feedings. No, what they're hoping for is a legacy, someone to remember them when they are dead, to carry on the family name, to make them feel their lives were not futile. Or, if they're talking about kids in general and not their own kids, they want to feel like life will go on as normal, society is stable, and humanity will continue to exist.

I suppose reinforcing comforting lies qualifies as "hope" to people who will do anything rather than face reality. Reproducing in times of war, famine, disease and natural disasters is the human normal and in no way predicts a return to normalcy. The truth is that societies won't persist; they are constantly changing and a person of today wouldn't recognize the world of 100 years ago or the world 100 years in the future. Also, societies can collapse. There are people living in Rome today, and some of them may even be descended from the Romans at the time of the empire, but it's hardly the same society that's existed for the last 2000 years. Finally, take a long-enough view and I can guarantee humans won't exist. If we or a disaster doesn't manage to wipe us out, the sun will eventually expand to consume the earth before burning out. Even if something manages to leave the solar system, it won't be human but something evolved from homo sapiens sapiens. And then it will die too. Everything dies.

An idea of hope that lies on denying the truth is bound to be nonsensical to anyone who doesn't feel the need to sugarcoat reality.
April 28, 2020
yurble
When you unpick it, the "hope" argument is just the same old delusions packaged with a pretty bow. I mean: hope of what? They aren't hoping for dirty diapers and night feedings. No, what they're hoping for is a legacy, someone to remember them when they are dead, to carry on the family name, to make them feel their lives were not futile. Or, if they're talking about kids in general and not their own kids, they want to feel like life will go on as normal, society is stable, and humanity will continue to exist.

I suppose reinforcing comforting lies qualifies as "hope" to people who will do anything rather than face reality. Reproducing in times of war, famine, disease and natural disasters is the human normal and in no way predicts a return to normalcy. The truth is that societies won't persist; they are constantly changing and a person of today wouldn't recognize the world of 100 years ago or the world 100 years in the future. Also, societies can collapse. There are people living in Rome today, and some of them may even be descended from the Romans at the time of the empire, but it's hardly the same society that's existed for the last 2000 years. Finally, take a long-enough view and I can guarantee humans won't exist. If we or a disaster doesn't manage to wipe us out, the sun will eventually expand to consume the earth before burning out. Even if something manages to leave the solar system, it won't be human but something evolved from homo sapiens sapiens. And then it will die too. Everything dies.

An idea of hope that lies on denying the truth is bound to be nonsensical to anyone who doesn't feel the need to sugarcoat reality.

And what breeders don't realize is more and more of our brats are coming out defective. The chance your brat will even be able to function in society is becoming more minimal.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login