Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: More regret from breaking mom
April 10, 2020
If you’re too disabled to hold down a job, you’re too disabled to have a baby. If an eight-hour shift at an office or cash register kicks your ass, how are you going to handle being on call 24/7 for a baby that has to be fed every 1-2 hours and cause sleep deprivation for at least two years? How about a toddler that has to be watched constantly lest it kill itself in some way? A preschooler and their million questions every day? Or are you going to have a baby for ego purposes and implicitly teach your child that they cannot rely on their disabled parent for shit and are forced into a caretaking role early on?

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 10, 2020
bell_flower

I’ve offered her to come stay here for the long weekend but her doctor told her not to leave her kids at home with her husband because he could accuse of her abandonment.

Is that doctor a lawyer? That sounds like stupid advice.

Put your shit in the car, drive off and leave a text: "Honey I'm taking a break and getting some rest. You get to be Daddy this weekend. Love you, Bye." And turn off your phone. This Dud wanted the kids too. He should be prepared to be an equal parent.

I think it's more likely that Moo married and bred with a loser and she cannot TRUST him to watch her kids.

She has chronic pain so she can’t work.

My first, non-PC reaction? She's in chronic pain and cannot work but she can fuck and produce two kids?

Note: I'm not anti-woman. Sex drive is normal, but why on Earth would you want to have two kids when you are in so much pain you cannot work? How does that make your life better?

I have a disintegrating spine and I've had spinal stenosis since I was in my 30's. At times in my life I've had chronic migraines that lasted for months. Nevertheless, I sucked it up and stayed employed because my priority was supporting myself. I didn't want kids and was smart enough to ensure I never had them.

Your comments echo mine. Abandonment is longer-term than just going away for a weekend when your spouse knows where you went. Serious lack of sense from that doctor, but there's probably a lot wrong with that marriage we're not being told about. Duh sounds like a jerk anyway.

As a side note about her "chronic pain", I'm pretty sure we have had threads on the topic of people on disability sprogging. I have long had the belief that sprogging while claiming disability should be de facto evidence that you aren't disabled and shouldn't be receiving payments. If you're able to have sex, carry a pregnancy to term, and properly care for the kids afterward, how disabled can you really be? These comments except obviously for pregnancy apply equally to men and women.

My suspicion is that many people claim chronic pain or whatever "fibromyalgia" is supposed to be to get out of work, on disability, or on prescription narcotics. Remember we have an opioid epidemic and oxycodone was grossly overprescribed for "pain". My doctor (general practitioner) is suspicious enough of pain claims that she told me she doesn't treat fibromyalgia. She had firsthand knowledge of an 18-year-old (not her patient) who supposedly had it and was on pain meds. All of this abuse makes it harder for people such as Bell_flower to receive the treatment they need for their real problems.

A question we haven't raised yet: if this woman is in such bad shape with pain and other problems and hubby cannot be trusted with the kids, isn't it time to call CPS?
April 10, 2020
The pandemic will eventually end, but life will change permanently. I'm bummed because I too was hoping things would stay the same while I was still here. I am turning 50 on Easter and I am doing okay, but I have health issues which make it a real possibility I won't see 60. I was hoping to live out the rest of my life in peace and then get the fuck out of here fast when the time comes. Now because of all the additional homeless and jobless people I wonder if it will be safe to drive into town and go places like the park, bookstore or mall. I know it's a trivial problem compared to what many are facing, but it still sucks. I can't do a whole lot of things, so I don't want to lose any of the ones I can do.

Anyone who brings a child into this kind of world is a fucking asshole. Maybe a couple decades ago it was possible to hide your head in the sand and believe everything would turn out okay. Now I can't see how anyone with a single functioning brain cell can deny how bad the world is becoming.
April 11, 2020
ondinette
I know it's a trivial problem compared to what many are facing, but it still sucks. I can't do a whole lot of things, so I don't want to lose any of the ones I can do.

It's not trivial for you. I feel for you.
April 11, 2020
happyhiker
I love them but I wish they didn’t exist. The fuck?

I've never understood that claim, either.
April 11, 2020
craftyzits
cfdavep
"I always believed our society would collapse, but I was hoping it would hold off a few decades until I was old and ready to die anyway. I don’t think we will fully recover from this, economically or otherwise"

I was having the same thought through this. That maybe we would get another 30-40- years out of it before it really goes down and at least if a person is middle aged now they will be safely dead, but maybe not.

At least the USA won't make it out of this. We don't have a medical system and we don't have leadership outside of a handful of individuals.

Lately, I have been saying similar statements to my CF partner who is 65 and I am 55.
We had hoped to make it through our lives before the inevitable collapses of society's systems.
April 11, 2020

The pandemic will eventually end, but life will change permanently. I'm bummed because I too was hoping things would stay the same while I was still here. I am turning 50 on Easter and I am doing okay, but I have health issues which make it a real possibility I won't see 60. I was hoping to live out the rest of my life in peace and then get the fuck out of here fast when the time comes.

This made me think of Kenny Rogers. Born at the right time to live a long life and checked out March 20th, precisely before shit started to hit the fan.

Drift: Unfortunately he was a serial Breeder and a Geezer breeder to boot. Read this unpleasant excerpt from an article about his life.

source: https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/04/kenny-rogers-kids-wife-family-children/

wife #5 I might add
He then had twin sons with his wife Wanda Miller: Justin Charles Rogers and Jordan Edward Rogers, born in 2004. In an interview with Independent, Rogers said he didn’t want any more kids at first. But Miller — who is 28 years younger than Rogers — had never had kids. When they first got married, they both had said they didn’t want children. But Rogers always believed she would eventually want kids. And when she turned 31, she really wanted children. Rogers said he did some soul-searching and realized not agreeing to have children would be unfair to his wife.

Left two teenaged boys whom he didn't get to see grow up. Nice job, Kenny.

Anyone who brings a child into this kind of world is a fucking asshole. Maybe a couple decades ago it was possible to hide your head in the sand and believe everything would turn out okay. Now I can't see how anyone with a single functioning brain cell can deny how bad the world is becoming.

Anyone who doesn't see it is deliberately not paying attention. There are also some intelligent, non-tin-foil-hatted people who are suggesting the virus was man made.. Even if it was an accident due to mismanagement and not malice, let's remember: many labs around the world have the Ebola virus, the SARS virus and any host of nasties that can be tampered with and released. Labs are controlled by humans and anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of history should know humans perpetuate horrific acts against each other for stupid reasons or no reason at all. These viruses are a perfect weapon: a bloodless war you can start by releasing it and getting the Hell out. (or so they think.)

I didn't have a choice to come here but I'm so thankful I didn't drag anyone else into this mess.
April 12, 2020
Ketchup
I've noticed though that the "dEcEmbeR bAby BooM!!1!" memes have quieted down!

Thank dawg parents are being honest about how much being stuck with kids SUCKS. I just about sprained my eyeballs rolling them at those stupid jokes. Blech.

If follow up research post 9/11 is any indicator, there won't be a baby boom. People were slightly more likely to just engage in "terror sex", ie hooking up and having sex out of stress and fear...but there was no bump in birth rate later. It appears people were using birth control for once.

I think if anything there will be a surge in divorces once quarantines, etc are lifted and the economy recovers. Lockdowns are driving parents right over the edge, and it's gonna break marriages that weren't so hot to begin with. Also, there are people who are stuck in the same house with their abuser and the lockdown makes it even harder to escape.
April 12, 2020
randomcfchick
I think if anything there will be a surge in divorces once quarantines, etc are lifted and the economy recovers. Lockdowns are driving parents right over the edge, and it's gonna break marriages that weren't so hot to begin with. Also, there are people who are stuck in the same house with their abuser and the lockdown makes it even harder to escape.

There won't be a recovery in the economy, this situation is permanent as this virus is airborne.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 12, 2020
craftyzits
There won't be a recovery in the economy, this situation is permanent as this virus is airborne.

That makes no sense. Why would it be permanent because it's airborne? I mean, the 1918 flu pandemic was airborne, and it passed. It left massive devastation behind, but it passed. You think the human race will have to be in quarantine forever?
April 12, 2020
we can't keep this up. we may all have to go back to work with masks, temp checks, and get the hell out of dodge if we get sick (or at least stay home).

people may not like glenn beck, but he has had some interesting segments on where this virus originated. The bat they blame originates 500 miles from wuhan, they have that bio lab 4 within about 3 football fields of that market. And chinese labs have accidentally lost virus before. Including SARS from a beijing lab.

There were some documents from their own science publications that disappeared (fancy that) that made some statements that the chinese overlords did not like.

There will always be doubt. However, it remains it came from china, the CCP mismanaged things so that it 'got out'. The original doctor died. (convenient, eh??). no government tells the truth, but the chinese have refined lying to a science.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 12, 2020
Ohhh I don't doubt there will be a surge in divorces, broken engagements, murders, suicides, abuse (child and domestic) and PNAs while this is all going on. It's amazing and delightful and disturbing all at once seeing just how much families truly hate one another being forced to actually spend time together. No wonder famblee vacations are so miserable. Maybe there won't be a baby boom after all because so many people are stuck together and can't stand the sight of one another, let alone want to fuck one another.

This won't keep up, and even if the virus is still stomping through the nation, eventually I think those in charge will be like, "Okay we gotta open shit back up. It's not safe, but you're just gonna have to go outside and take your chances."
April 12, 2020
The barebacking would continue even if your in a war zone. Syria is still having loads and loads of unwanted brats.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2020
kittehpeoples
craftyzits

That makes no sense. Why would it be permanent because it's airborne? I mean, the 1918 flu pandemic was airborne, and it passed. It left massive devastation behind, but it passed. You think the human race will have to be in quarantine forever?

I think everything closed will start to open again in phases before summer time. It will likely depend on the area and how "contained" the outbreak is. Some of the worst areas may not start to reopen until much later in the year or early next year. Everyone may be required to wear masks in public and expected to keep maintaining a social distance. This will protect all the people who work in the public and are already exposed to every bug imaginable. They may limit the capacity of a store and more people may employed to work at entrances to enforce this. It will likely depend on the square footage of a store.

There will likely be a surge in automation at some businesses. Online shopping and deliveries will become more normalized and robust. Also, businesses with a weak online presence may work to increase their online presence. Many more businesses will likely enable online ordering and have them ready for customer pickup at the entrance within a 3-4 hour time window. Trying on makeup may come with a unique set of challenges. I don't know how that will be overcome because it isn't possible to try on most cosmetics with a face mask on. We may be expected to wear masks to go to the hair stylist and similar businesses.

There are now hospitals requiring everyone who enters to wear a mask, I think that is a great policy to have in place and wish it was already normalized for hospitals, after-hours clinics and any private practice that deals with any infectious diseases. This could prevent the staff from becoming infected with bugs.

I really hope it will become law for companies to offer sick time to all employees. And people who work in high risk areas (hospitals, retail, restaurants, public places, all janitors) should have hazard pay in the event of a pandemic, health insurance and at least 3 weeks of sick pay annually which will be accelerated to 6 weeks in the event of a pandemic. If they have a temperature, they should be encouraged to stay at home and rest and recover. And anyone near any kind of medical waste should be given a permanent N-95 (or the appropriate filter) mask with a back-up and expected to wear PPE at all time. This includes all janitors.

Even after there are proven treatments, we will (hopefully) keep masks and start wearing them immediately when another pandemic occurs.
April 13, 2020
freya
kittehpeoples
craftyzits

I think everything closed will start to open again in phases before summer time. It will likely depend on the area and how "contained" the outbreak is. Some of the worst areas may not start to reopen until much later in the year or early next year. Everyone may be required to wear masks in public and expected to keep maintaining a social distance. This will protect all the people who work in the public and are already exposed to every bug imaginable. They may limit the capacity of a store and more people may employed to work at entrances to enforce this. It will likely depend on the square footage of a store.

There will likely be a surge in automation at some businesses. Online shopping and deliveries will become more normalized and robust. Also, businesses with a weak online presence may work to increase their online presence. Many more businesses will likely enable online ordering and have them ready for customer pickup at the entrance within a 3-4 hour time window. Trying on makeup may come with a unique set of challenges. I don't know how that will be overcome because it isn't possible to try on most cosmetics with a face mask on. We may be expected to wear masks to go to the hair stylist and similar businesses.

There are now hospitals requiring everyone who enters to wear a mask, I think that is a great policy to have in place and wish it was already normalized for hospitals, after-hours clinics and any private practice that deals with any infectious diseases. This could prevent the staff from becoming infected with bugs.

I really hope it will become law for companies to offer sick time to all employees. And people who work in high risk areas (hospitals, retail, restaurants, public places, all janitors) should have hazard pay in the event of a pandemic, health insurance and at least 3 weeks of sick pay annually which will be accelerated to 6 weeks in the event of a pandemic. If they have a temperature, they should be encouraged to stay at home and rest and recover. And anyone near any kind of medical waste should be given a permanent N-95 (or the appropriate filter) mask with a back-up and expected to wear PPE at all time. This includes all janitors.

Even after there are proven treatments, we will (hopefully) keep masks and start wearing them immediately when another pandemic occurs.

None of the above will happen with the GOP in power. Only if the Democrats win will any of this have a hope in hades of happening.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2020
Deciding when to open the country is a difficult decision for any leader. Do it too early for reasons of da economy, and you could have a medical and economic disaster on your hands. Do it too late, and you won't have an economy to go back to. Trump lock-steppers are criticizing Fauci--the only smart person in the room, mostly to criticize the shutdown and imply he's a doctor making economic decisions. No duh, he's a doctor. He's done a really good job conveying the data and what he knows. I real leader could evaluate the data and make the decision. Problem is, I don't trust Trump's decision making process, if you can even use the word "process." He's not a contemplative person--in fact he's a damn idiot. Despite claiming to be a genius, he has the attention span of a gnat and cannot evaluate anything. Plus he's an egomaniac and he is obviously not a leader in any sense of the word.

I think the states should be making the decisions after about June. The states can look at the spread and plan their own peaks vis a vis their resources. But just the other day Dumpy was saying he can overrule the states because he's power hungry. For a party that claims to value state's rights and state decision-making power, aren't they quick to pull it back when they can play politics instead?
April 13, 2020
bell_flower
Deciding when to open the country is a difficult decision for any leader. Do it too early for reasons of da economy, and you could have a medical and economic disaster on your hands. Do it too late, and you won't have an economy to go back to. Trump lock-steppers are criticizing Fauci--the only smart person in the room, mostly to criticize the shutdown and imply he's a doctor making economic decisions. No duh, he's a doctor. He's done a really good job conveying the data and what he knows. I real leader could evaluate the data and make the decision. Problem is, I don't trust Trump's decision making process, if you can even use the word "process." He's not a contemplative person--in fact he's a damn idiot. Despite claiming to be a genius, he has the attention span of a gnat and cannot evaluate anything. Plus he's an egomaniac and he is obviously not a leader in any sense of the word.

Trump is not simply an idiot. An idiot is someone who isn't malignant. Trump is actively committing economic genocide, and seeking the deaths of anyone who is brown skinned, elderly, or disabled.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2020
Cambion
Ohhh I don't doubt there will be a surge in divorces, broken engagements, murders, suicides, abuse (child and domestic) and PNAs while this is all going on. It's amazing and delightful and disturbing all at once seeing just how much families truly hate one another being forced to actually spend time together. No wonder famblee vacations are so miserable. Maybe there won't be a baby boom after all because so many people are stuck together and can't stand the sight of one another, let alone want to fuck one another.

This won't keep up, and even if the virus is still stomping through the nation, eventually I think those in charge will be like, "Okay we gotta open shit back up. It's not safe, but you're just gonna have to go outside and take your chances."

I phrased it as after lockdowns are over because that's when people will be able to actually legally divorce. Right now they're stuck inside, and a lot of people can't divorce because they have lost their jobs and simply don't have the dough to cover costs of divorce. Their relationship may be over, but they can't finalize it until they have the money and the gov't is open for biz again.

I do think you're right about the lack of baby boom being at least partly due to so many people being stuck in a house with someone they can't stand anymore. There are probably tons of people who were planning on splitting up but BOOM...can't now. Miserable motherfuckers.
April 25, 2020
I've heard some news on occasion that the number of domestic assaults and whatnot is waaaay up. I am not sure, I'm going to look it up if I remember, but that they have had the same number of domestic calls in the last 4 months as they had in all of 2019.
so much for the happy famblee garbage.
i'd feel a little more sorry for them if it wasn't for the fact that these are the same jerks who bingo the cf or anyone daring to express the fact that they don't want kids.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 26, 2020
Here's a bit of positive news. The quarantine is a great time to potty train! My opinions in blue

Are you potty training your child during the COVID-19 pandemic? You're joining many other parents who are doing the same.

And you need a pandemic to potty train the kids?

Tiffany Bari told Good Morning America that she wanted to potty train her son before he turned three in May. Well, I would say it's about time!

She said things got hectic between school, Easter, and weekend plans. Once stay-at-home orders began for the country, she knew it was a smart time to start potty training her son during the coronavirus pandemic.

"I'm the type of person where I procrastinate," she said. "I don't know when I would have started if this didn't happen." If not now, when? When he's 5?

Parents across social media have been home with their toddlers during the pandemic and working to potty train them in their down time. Fellow mother Helena Darwin recently posted to Twitter that she began potty training with her child.

She captioned the post, “#quarantine potty training is going well since the kiddo can just hang out naked all day every day. Turning lemons into lemonade... so to speak... #parenting.” And making life more X-rated.

Michelle D. Swaney, founder of The Potty School, said she expects to hear from more clients about potty training their children. She said her company is in a good spot where people are just starting. There actually IS a Potty School?

"Then usually they call me about two weeks after they start and they think they should be done but they're not quite done yet,” Swaney said. “It's the calm before the storm. I know it's going to happen."

Swaney said she has heard parents are potty training during this crisis due to limited diaper availability due to pandemic hoarding. She also says financially, parents are struggling during the economic crisis. So what else is new with their finances? Probably because of having to buy all those disposable diapers.

Why do people who have kids get all into potty? How do you go from an interesting life, and I see this with the fathers, to having to deal with potty?

moderators, move this if there is a better place.
April 26, 2020
I'm sure they think letting their brats run around naked is fine and dandy at home, but just try getting the little bastard to keep clothes on when you can go back out in public after months of no clothing. Also, no clothes means precisely nothing to contain any accidents, so Moo gets to spend her day mopping up bodily fluids because she can't be arsed to clothe her kid.

I also saw a shelf of cloth diapers at WalMart right out front and center in the baby section, most likely because the store realizes that all the local breeders will snatch up the disposable shitrags and there should be an option in case they run out. As you might expect, the cloth diaper shelf was completely untouched.

I will never understand why breeders will refuse to potty train and just keep their kids in diapers forever. Yes I know it's not easy in the slightest, but they could save so much money on diapers if they teach their kids to shit in the toilet! Would it not be worth the effort to save hundreds of dollars a year and to have one less child-related thing to freak out about? Not to mention the fact that they are intentionally neglecting their child's development by allowing them to continue shitting in their pants because they don't feel like putting forth effort to be parents. Do teachers change diapers now if a kid enrolls in kindergarten and can't go in a toilet? Well, before everyone was told to stay home, anyway?
April 26, 2020
As I was autistic, my toilet training may have been handled a touch late. I was almost three when my mother decided to train me. It took three days. What mom did was remove my clothes and leave me to run about nude. I did NOT like having things and water run down my legs, and thus I trained relatively quickly. Of course, accidents did happen after the training was concluded, and there was no such thing as Huggies Pull-Ups in 1971. My sister was toilet trained in a similar manner.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
April 27, 2020
My mom swears we were all basically potty trained before we were a year old. The reason is, we wore cloth diapers and could tell when we were wet. Even a small child can make the connection and start to put things together.

I don't know what the purpose of having the kid walk around naked is, other than making your house a gross petri dish. (note to self, never buy a house from Breeders. Oops, too late, well at least we refinished the floors and got new carpet before we moved in.)

Enter diaper companies and pediatricians with their bullshit "child led" potty training and that was the end of early toilet training. I have friends who are teachers, and some of them tell me that school is the only thing that gets some lazy parunts off the dime and there are still accidents in kindergarten and first grade. Can you imagine having to change a diaper for a five year old kid? Once again it's self-inflicted misery.

I cannot access the article, but my general observations are:

1. funny how parunts are willing to dump the diaper changes on daycare people, but when they are in charge, suddenly they want to potty train Junior.
2. They are finally realizing how expensive diapers are? How about the pollution?

If people are stepping up and potty training their brats earlier, that's one positive thing that can be attributed to COVID.
April 27, 2020
I have no idea when I was potty trained, but seeing as I am not stupid and my parents aren't lazy (and were using cloth diapers), I guess it was sooner rather than later.

What mystifies me, beyond all this procrastination, is the need to announce the whole thing on social media. Is it because they aren't able to even take a shit without a kid pestering them that they decided their entire lives need to be a public performance? It's amazing that the navel gazing hasn't paused in the least, even when you'd think everyone has more important things to worry about, what with a pandemic going on.
April 27, 2020
this asshat has to ask this question? why didn't she ask a few more before she spawned..

'What would you do?

My abusive ex husband and I have been apart for over a year and divorced for 5 months.

I’ve been getting WIC since my son was an infant. For those who don’t know, WIC stands for women-infant-children and is a government food supplement program. This provides very basic foods such as milk, eggs, cereal, produce and yogurt on a monthly basis.

I used to split the benefits with my ex. My attitude was that the food was for my son. But it was very stressful for me. He demanded we meet at the grocery store when it was convenient for him. He drug the process out as long as possible. I tried to get him to let me bring him half of the groceries but he always refused.

However, my ex has gotten increasingly nasty. So last month I told him he needs to provide food for our son or apply for food stamps. My ex got $35,000 last August (2019) from the sale of our house. I’d hope he still has money.

What do you think? Am I in the wrong?

Edit for clarity: I realized I may not have been clear. Do you think I’m wrong for not giving my ex half of the food benefits? We share 50/50 custody but because of quarantine I have our son all day, every day during the week now.'

YOU ARE A SPINELESS JELLYFISH. so it stresses you out. poor baby sow. and you don't have the brains to figure it out

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login