Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
June 19, 2020
yurble
Cambion
I read Moo stories for the same reasons I read bridezilla stories: entertainment and schadenfreude. I knew a long, long time ago I didn't want kids and don't need further reminders of the so-called happiness I'm missing out on because I'm secure in my decision - probably the only thing in life I am 100% sure about. I would, however, point anyone on the fence or anyone who wants kids to that sub to get an undistilled dose of reality. I feel like it's only right to show someone what they can actually expect and I know I'd want someone to be honest with me about the pitfalls of any new endeavor.

You know, I don't think I'd feel the need for a CF rant site, if the following were true:
  • Women were given full reproductive freedom without judgement, including the right of sterilization
  • Women weren't treated as potential incubators by medical staff
  • Nobody would inquire further or nag or bingo if you said you didn't have kids
  • Being childfree were presented as a valid choice, with ample role models
  • Media didn't display a bias toward parents
  • The legal system didn't display an explicit (e.g., equal right to personal leave, protected family status, tax systems) or implicit bias (e.g., equal punishment for the death of a child) against people without children
  • Women's issues were not conflated with mother's issues
  • The quality of life of the potential child were put above the right of adults to breed
  • I never had to interact with children, except in the most minimal fashion
  • No discounts for children, and other unearned privileges for breeders

And maybe a few more things. Society discriminates against people without children, and it warms my heart to see that even with all the unearned privilege, their lives still suck.

A few more, because I love where you are going with this!
  • No penalization for women in the workplace simply because they are of child-birthing age (include both genders if this is an issue for men as well)
  • Safety-net of tax dollars (which we all pay for) equally available and not skewed greatly towards those who breed
  • No tax benefits for lifestyle choices (especially breeding)
  • No workplace bias of any kind due to reproductive choice
June 20, 2020
Moo
I haven't showered in a week

Ewww! The baybeeduhddy is no prize, sure, but that is just plain nasty.
June 21, 2020
I don't understand these women who claim they have no time to shower because baybee. Does the child not have its own room? Is that room child-proof (windows locked, outlets blocked, no sharp things, nothing breakable)? Lock the little bastard in said room with some toys (lock on the outside), wedge a chair up under the doorknob and take a 20-minute shower. If the kid still manages to kill itself somehow with a teddy bear, consider it a blessing that you didn't invest more time, energy and money into such a stupid child.

I feel fucking disgusting when I go a day without showering and I would gladly put my child in potential/imaginary danger to wash my filthy hair after two days.

Sometimes I think this whole thing of Moos being allegedly unable to take basic care of themselves is nothing but poor time management and also the belief that they must devote themselves 100 percent to mommying or else they're bad parents. If you devote the entirety of your being to a single thing, you will lose sight of yourself, which means that whatever it is you're giving your all will suffer too because you aren't taking care of yourself. You can't very well expect to put forth maximum quality effort when you're running on fumes.

If Moos can't take care of themselves, how the fuck can they take care of someone else? Obviously yes, give the kid some effort, but give yourself some effort too.
Here's a thread where they rationalize their piss poor parenting in defense of criticism from "old people"

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hee11o/why_are_older_generations_so_critical/

Why are older moms so critical of younger ones? My SIL just recently had major surgeries and was in the ICU off and on for a week or two. I'm positive it was hellatious and traumatizing. She is wanting her mom to take her two little ones for a few days to give her a break and my mom is being so fucking critical. Saying that she gets a break because the kids go to daycare everyday. It's not the same.

Somedays I feel like the older parents want us to suffer just as much as they did and then shame us for not handling the stresses "as well as they did." Sorry my/her mental health is important Mom. Being at our wit's end the way you were isn't the environment I want to raise my kids in. K? Cool.

I can't recall seeing my working mother ever at "wit's end". We had chores and boundaries and there were consequences if we got out of line. We were forced to keep still and quiet in public.
June 23, 2020
If Moos are at their wit's end, then it's their own damn fault. They have no idea what they're doing most of the time - they use gentle discipline, hugs and/or discussion of feelings in place of effective traumatizing things like spankings, loss of privileges and time-outs. They refuse to put in the effort to maintain their identity outside of being an ass-wiper and think that's everyone else's problem but theirs. They breed with worthless momma's boys who want someone to pamper them and fuck them too and then moan about how horrible their marriages are because they're raising an adult-sized child too. They refuse to do things like have expectations, establish boundaries or express disappointment in bad behavior. They're more worried about being their kids' friends than being their parents because they're scared their kids might say mean things to them (you've got a hand and they've got an ass, Moo - you do the math). They're too busy figuring out how to rip their kids' teachers new assholes for the kids' problems instead of being better parents at home and fixing that shit before class starts.

Good parenting requires more up-front work, but pays off in the long run when you wind up with decent well-behaved kids who require less discipline as they get older. Most parents now are happy to do the bare minimum (if that), pat themselves on the back for it, throw pity parties for themselves when others don't do the same and then wonder why their kids suck.
June 25, 2020
toraneko
Here's a thread where they rationalize their piss poor parenting in defense of criticism from "old people"

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hee11o/why_are_older_generations_so_critical/

Why are older moms so critical of younger ones? My SIL just recently had major surgeries and was in the ICU off and on for a week or two. I'm positive it was hellatious and traumatizing. She is wanting her mom to take her two little ones for a few days to give her a break and my mom is being so fucking critical. Saying that she gets a break because the kids go to daycare everyday. It's not the same.

Somedays I feel like the older parents want us to suffer just as much as they did and then shame us for not handling the stresses "as well as they did." Sorry my/her mental health is important Mom. Being at our wit's end the way you were isn't the environment I want to raise my kids in. K? Cool.

I can't recall seeing my working mother ever at "wit's end". We had chores and boundaries and there were consequences if we got out of line. We were forced to keep still and quiet in public.

I don't know what people are thinking when they post things like this (comment from the same link), which basically is calling the majority of boomers losers and claiming success of others pisses them off. Generation bashing at it's finest. I suspect the person posting this is incredibly insecure and I highly doubt she knows the majority of boomers which would make this a credible statement. What is ironic about it is that I've heard exactly the opposite about the boomer generation - that they are successful and were attentive parents that weren't overly strict. But I guess there are always going to be critics, especially of parunts. Makes me thrilled I'm not one!:

whing bat comment from same article
"A lot of boomers were crummy parents/people. Seeing others do things well flares up emotions in them. Rather than reflect that maybe they could be /could have been better people, they feel other’s actions are to make them look/feel bad and lash out. Because it’s all about them."
June 25, 2020
freya
I don't know what people are thinking when they post things like this (comment from the same link), which basically is calling the majority of boomers losers and claiming success of others pisses them off. Generation bashing at it's finest.

Funny how the same people who think that reproduction creates a legacy can't wait to break with the old generation. Of course it will never come to pass that their children will disparage their efforts and trash their generation, right?

I'm so sick of that generation wars bullshit. Generation is a broad brush, which is only useful for identifying broad trends. Applying it to individuals is like using BMI to determine individual health.
June 25, 2020
Toadler has diarrhea for 3 weeks, Moo forgets to put pants on it and it shits all over the house and up the carpeted staircase. Doesn't this just make your ovaries/testicles quiver with desire?

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hflvvw/poop_all_over_the_house_this_morning/
Cambion
Toadler has diarrhea for 3 weeks, Moo forgets to put pants on it and it shits all over the house and up the carpeted staircase. Doesn't this just make your ovaries/testicles quiver with desire?

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hflvvw/poop_all_over_the_house_this_morning/

I saw this but I couldn't tell from her piss poor writing if she was taking about the brat or a dog.
June 25, 2020
if toadler has had the shits for 3 weeks I w ould think it's time to go to the doc?
from the posts here, maybe this sow is stoopid

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 25, 2020
twocents
if toadler has had the shits for 3 weeks I w ould think it's time to go to the doc?
from the posts here, maybe this sow is stoopid

I thought that too, so I looked it up because Moo claimed teething caused the diarrhea. According to a few sites I read, it's common for teething brats to have the runs because they produce/swallow more saliva. Which I don't get because by that logic, people who drink a lot of fluid should have loose stools too. But yeah, I would think that a three-week-long bout of diarrhea would be concerning, if not because of the digestive distress, then because of the dehydration.

But I'm not a Moooooo, so what do I know?
June 26, 2020
Something unpleasant persisting for 3 weeks is long enough to (1) develop a habit to address it, and (2) see a doctor.

I am imagining if I had a problem with mice and set traps. I would rather quickly develop the habit of checking the traps every day, because I can easily imagine what how icky things would get if I didn't, with a dead mouse was festering for a few days. And relative to a toadler shitting all over the house, one dead mouse in a corner is a small thing. So I don't see how you can "forget" to put pants on a kid that has had the runs for 3 weeks, as it's not hard to imagine how bad things might go even with the pants.

...I mean, wouldn't pants be part of the normal routine even before?
Is it just me, or do the majority of women posting on that board claim to have mental health disorders?
June 26, 2020
toraneko, probably they do, just don't want to admit it. face it, how many really want to? but where do they get the idea that baabeees are gonna help things or they just 'want want want'. maybe they think that will make them appear 'normal'??

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 26, 2020

According to a few sites I read, it's common for teething brats to have the runs because they produce/swallow more saliva.

two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking

That's a factoid i could have gone my entire life without knowing.

Slobber, spit, shit, and living in a cavalcade of bodily fluids....such is the Breeder life.

Tell me again what I'm missing as I sit in my CLEAN and QUIET home?
June 26, 2020
toraneko
Is it just me, or do the majority of women posting on that board claim to have mental health disorders?

No, a lot of them do. To be fair, I figure you have to be mentally ill to a degree to think reproducing is a good choice in the first place, but I wonder how many of them developed mental health issues after having kids.

I think the better question is are there any legitimately happy parents? As in happiness that is not induced via medication or substances. At the absolute best, they seem to treat parenthood like a job they don't exactly hate, but don't love either.
June 28, 2020
kids do not solve problems, they create them. someone who can barely hold their own life together they imagine a kid won't impact that?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

June 28, 2020
Moo who was brainwashed into having kids she didn't want by pro-liars. Big shock, she hates it. Lots of other women chiming in about how much they hate being parents.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hhczfn/i_was_manipulated_into_keeping_my_twins_and_now_i/

This comment stood out a lot:

I love the snuggles, and the “I love you, Mommy” but Jesus H Christ, the rest of the fucking time sucks so hard! I ended up with an autistic son, and twins, and so this mothering thing is nothing like I imagined. I’m so exhausted ALL. THE. TIME. Emotionally exhausted, mentally exhausted, physically exhausted. I have completely lost myself. There’s no time to even figure out who I am anymore, and it wouldn’t even matter because that person doesn’t go out, or have time for hobbies, or anything on her own. Trying to do a craft with them, or take them out anywhere, is just such a chore. It’s not fun AT ALL. I’m hoping that will change over time, but the twins are 5 and my boy is almost 9 and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, lonely tunnel.

I very seriously doubt the "I love you's" are at all worth all that shit. And once again, can someone explain to me how you can love your kids and hate motherhood? I also think you can't possibly be a good mother if you hate it so much. I know I was not a good employee when I worked jobs I hated because I put in the absolute bare minimum.

I know breeding isn't supposed to be a steady stream of joy, but look at how many of these women bred on purpose and wound up hating every moment of it. I think this sub should be required reading as part of high school sex ed so people know what they can realistically expect when they have kids. Might make them think a little harder about whether or not it's worth it to go bareback "just this once." I think most people don't wind up actually liking their kids until they're out of the house, which is probably something that will happen less and less between pandemic-related joblessness and more people being content being basement dwellers.

Doing the "job" of raising kids you don't want that didn't need to be born (and probably doing badly at it) does not make you brave or strong either. It makes you a sucker that drank the Kool-Aid. If a woman could get rid of her kids one way or another without fear of judgment, punishment, or legal repercussions, I guarantee a vast majority of them would opt out of parenthood.
Cambion
I very seriously doubt the "I love you's" are at all worth all that shit. And once again, can someone explain to me how you can love your kids and hate motherhood? I also think you can't possibly be a good mother if you hate it so much. I know I was not a good employee when I worked jobs I hated because I put in the absolute bare minimum.

Doing the "job" of raising kids you don't want that didn't need to be born (and probably doing badly at it) does not make you brave or strong either. It makes you a sucker that drank the Kool-Aid. If a woman could get rid of her kids one way or another without fear of judgment, punishment, or legal repercussions, I guarantee a vast majority of them would opt out of parenthood.

Granted I have not read the comment in its entirety...she may have said other things, but in what you cited at no point does she even claim it's all worth it. She knows it isn't.

One can have conflicting emotions about a person or situation, and grit one's teeth and carry on because reasons. They might love the kid itself as a person, but hate parenting culture or the repetitive shit one must do as a parent. That's possible. But carrying on like that for the eighteen (minimum) or twenty-odd (more realistic) years it takes to turn a screaming newborn into a reasonably functional independent adult...that's gotta do a number on a person's psyche. That's some serious cognitive dissonance.
July 01, 2020
Moo goes on strike and it takes two weeks and an ant infestation for Duh to notice what a sty the house had become and help out with chores. Moo is fooling herself if she thinks this will change him long-term. I'd bet anything he tells his buddies, "Yeah I have to do the bitch's job now because she's being a lazy pig cunt" while plotting ways to passive-aggressively get back at her.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hjhuw3/update_i_went_on_strike_he_noticed/

Apparently some men don't know enough to feed their own kids.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hj7mj1/thanks_for_not_letting_our_kid_starve_honey/

I really cannot imagine these men are truly this dumb. I think they just don't care because they know if they just leave it for Moo, she'll do it for them for the small price of getting bitched at.
Cambion
Apparently some men don't know enough to feed their own kids.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/hj7mj1/thanks_for_not_letting_our_kid_starve_honey/

I really cannot imagine these men are truly this dumb. I think they just don't care because they know if they just leave it for Moo, she'll do it for them for the small price of getting bitched at.

I think some guys feign incompetence or deliberately fuck things up so that their wives will just get fed up and do it for them. They infantilize themselves so moo takes care of them along with the kids.
July 04, 2020
I went to Reddit looking for gluten free snark and this was on the front page:

my life is a mess and I need to rant

Naturally it involves poor mating and poor reproductive choices. The tldr version is this woman has a one year old and is pregnant with #2 and has a stressful job and she has very bad morning sickness, which she had with the first pregnancy. She also has a husband who does not help and he comes from a family of "horrible" people.

One of the commenters is a real gem too. CommenterMoo has an 8 month old kid and her husband "hurted" her during pregnancy and she called the police. CM writes that she would "rather die" than be pregnant again. Why does she act as if pregnancy is a foregone conclusion? And why Jeebus why is she still with this loser?

Many of these stories have common threads:

1. Marrying young, immature guys and expecting them to grow up because Baby.
2. Marrying people from "horrible" families. Unless the person you are marrying realizes his family is horrible and is willing to put distance between you and them, THEIR FAMILY WILL BE A CONSTANT PROBLEM, PARTICULARLY IF YOU SPROG. And they will turn into their family as they get older because they will think whatever they grew up in is FINE AND DANDY.
3. Why do they all have multiple kids? Do they not understand that you can stop at one kid, particularly if it strains your marriage and sucks in general? How about POSTPONING the decision to have kids until the marriage is on solid ground? Or spacing your kids out?

WTF.

These woman are not in arranged marriages and they are not being sold into slavery.
July 04, 2020
bell, and it's a 'medicated moo'
stupid moo ass conditions and she's soooo haaapppyyy with the one year old and being in pig. aside from the sick.
boo hoo moo hoo.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

July 05, 2020
You really don't have to read far to find something..and I'm finding this 'bromo' tag utterly retarded and inane

Hubs and I had a disagreement about discipline styles, then he left.

Hey bromos, I find myself here today after a shit morning.

Husband and I disagree about discipline and parenting styles. It’s been a touchy subject between us for the last few months as our daughter just turned 2.5 and we are disciplining and teaching boundaries. We’ve argued a few times about it, I think he’s far too aggressive in his parenting. I’ve started doing bedtime because he would spank her if she was getting out of bed and generally being wild after bedtime. So after an argument bedtime is on me. This morning I was giving her a time out and went to leave the room, husband came in and demanded she stay on her bed and yelled in her face while pointing as he was yelling. I fucking hate it. Afterward I told him he was too aggressive, yelling at her like you would a dog that shit on the carpet. I said, “I wish you could see what you look like when you yell at her like that. I think you’d see my side.” He said he’s sick of being made to feel like he’s “always too much, always too harsh” tired of me “defying” him and his parenting. He said if I wanted him to butt out and do everything my way, then fine. I’m doing 100% of everything now. Then he left.

He didn’t pack anything, we live with my in-laws so I’m sure he’ll be back tonight, but it’s going to make today around the house awkward because his parents will ask me where he went, and I’ll have to say I don’t know. When will he be back? I don’t know. I don’t really care.

We are supposed to be moving across the country at the end of the month because he just started going back to university. I don’t think I even want to be married to him anymore.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

July 05, 2020
Another stupid little baby girls fantasy getting destroyed. You were so enraptured and blinded by your hallucinations, you just stepped into a major manure pile. boooo hooo. someone like that eventually displays red flags eventually. watch too many disney movies, eh??

My dream life is falling apart and I can’t cope

My marriage seems to be falling apart and I feel so sad. We have 1,5 year old son. We bought a house year ago. Everything was supposed to be wonderful. It’s not. My husband can be the sweetest person and in minutes he turns into something different. So mean. I don’t think he loves me. He has been threatening me with divorce. I think I need to give up. I don’t want to. It hurts so bad. But I’m afraid he doesn’t even like me and it’s destroying me slowly. It hurts so bad. I’m so alone. I’m afraid I’m scaring my boy because I’m crying. Where can I find some strength?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login