Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
January 22, 2021
Cambion
I'm not looking for anyone, but all it takes for me to go from "He's a cutie pie" to mental dry heaving is the presence of a brat.

Mental dry heaving...you are a poet with words Cambion. You could author your own Urban Dictionary!
January 22, 2021
Cambion
I can't remember if we've shared this here, but there is a less populated sub called r/regretfulparents where Moos and Duhs come to talk about how much they wish they never bred, peppered with obligatory "oh but I lurve my kids" horse shit because apparently children are the only thing that you can love and regret at the same time.

11.6K members. That is lots of regret right there.

I read one post at the top who is a miserable moo and regrets the typical stuff parunts talk about..lack of personal space, time, money, etc....but it didn't stop her from having two more. Did she think more kids would ease her misery?

She talks about her dotter having ASD which means she lacks critical thinking skills and has little to no empathy...I'm wondering what her excuse is because the continued breeding proves she is lacking in the critical thinking skills department. And I don't think there is any correlation between ASD and no empathy or critical thinking skills. I think lacking those things is pretty typical for nine year olds.
January 22, 2021
The Moo with the abusive Dud wrote this, which I'm pasting here because they often remove it later:

I'm 2 months postpartum with our third child and partner wants another one in 3 years; he talks about it almost twice a week. I'm at the end of my rope. I have a tolerate/hate relationship with my 3 year old twins and my new baby. She has colic and screams 5 hours a day. My partner travels frequently for work and is often gone on weekends and says I complain too much. My parents live in another state. I know I'm slipping into a mighty depression and I cant help but regret this baby. When I told my partner I didn't want any more children he literally punched a hole in the wall of our apartment. I'm not naive in that I understand this behavior will most likely escalate but I have no support system outside of my partner. This is just the short version of it but I'm at my wits end and seemingly out of options.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

"I know the behavior will escalate but he's my only 'support system'*"

What the fuck kind of support system does she have with him now? He's gone all the time and makes her do everything with the kids, and is a rage-aholic when he's around.
But based on what she wrote (excuses) ITA she will likely stay put and breed with him some more.

Jeebus! Three kids in three years!

And this:

He has offered to help me hire a part-time babysitter for all 3 kids, but insists that I pay for it instead of him (i only have a savings account. I'm a SAHM and don't have income).

There are other red flags as well. He is pressuring me to start taking 1 or 2 college classes right now so I can get a head start (did I mention I'm uneducated?) on my schooling, but I'm already so slammed that it would just exacerbate my fragile emotional state. He says if I can't do at least 1 class with 3 kids then I'm not managing my time correctly.

I know I need to leave. It saddens me because I will have to rip my children away from their father.:/

Yeah, because he's never there and has anger problems....I'm sure he's a great faaaaaaather. thinks someone else is crazy She's really saying this because she's weak.

I get the feeling if she divorces him and he has to spend time with his kids, he will be long gone anyway. The kids are a means of control.

These women are always uneducated and without resources. I bet she thought he was decisive, strong and sexy when they were dating, when he was really an abusive control freak.

Women like this short-circuit their normal sense of danger. And then they drag a bunch of kids into the situation.
January 24, 2021
Sometimes "ripping" your children away from their other parent is the best thing you can do for them, especially if the other parent is absent, hands-off, angry, manipulative, abusive, drunk or any number of bad things. There's so much fucking worth attached to the belief that growing up in a two-parent household is the best possible arrangement that it blinds dumb people to the fact that their kids are bearing witness to terrible behavior and will grow up thinking it's totally acceptable and will slowly turn into terrible people just like their parents.

And why so so many of these women have precisely nothing going for them? No savings, no education (either standard or secondary), no job skills, no skills in general, nothing at all. Like were their husbands shopping for mates at the homeless shelter or something? Or are some of these women just in the mindset that they just need to secure a partner via marriage and/or breeding and they're set for life? That sounds good on paper, but if the man you allow to impregnate you sucks, being set for life has a whole new meaning and it's not a good one.

God some people are stupid. I know I'm dense and have the world's shortest attention span, but women like this make me feel like an Ivy League graduate.
January 24, 2021
Cambion
And why so so many of these women have precisely nothing going for them? No savings, no education (either standard or secondary), no job skills, no skills in general, nothing at all. Like were their husbands shopping for mates at the homeless shelter or something? Or are some of these women just in the mindset that they just need to secure a partner via marriage and/or breeding and they're set for life? That sounds good on paper, but if the man you allow to impregnate you sucks, being set for life has a whole new meaning and it's not a good one.

He wasn’t shopping at the homeless shelter, but I would bet dollars to donuts he WAS shopping for some brainless, spineless woman who would let him be his domineering self. Men like that loathe women with confidence and the ability to think for themselves, because they know that said women will have no problem telling them to F off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 25, 2021
Cambion

God some people are stupid. I know I'm dense and have the world's shortest attention span, but women like this make me feel like an Ivy League graduate.

I think many of these people care more about how they look to others than anything else. It is continued high school and what would others think if I didn't have a baybee by whatever age?

In some cases these womben overwhelm the men with sex and next thing you know...look who is inpig. Desperate women (with nothing going for them) who want baybees will try every trick in the book. Womben with nothing going for them (other than youthful looks) are on a serious time crunch. It is just a matter of time before they find a sucker. The older they get the more wise men become and the better other women look who are improving themselves. I don't think womben consider much in regards to what ifs (divorce, etc.), if they did then they would work on improving themselves instead.

I knew more than one girl in high school who had that guy trailing her she wouldn't give the time of day to or perhaps she'd be polite with but would never consider dating. Fast forward four years and guess who is knocked up by random guy no longer in her life. And here comes trailing guy from high school who has been bettering himself but is still clueless about dating. He has no idea he is already a target when girl contacts him out of the blue. Fast forward a year (and likely lots of sex) and guess who is married and supporting the brat from the random guy. I would feel bad for these guys but a random contact from a woman in your past (who wouldn't date you and knows you were crushing hard on her) who is recently knocked up/has a very young kid tends to add up to one thing. She wants your wallet, her former wallet split.
January 25, 2021
freya
Mental dry heaving...you are a poet with words Cambion. You could author your own Urban Dictionary!

Haha, glad to be of service! I'm here all week. tongue sticking out smiley
LoveToLurk
He wasn’t shopping at the homeless shelter, but I would bet dollars to donuts he WAS shopping for some brainless, spineless woman who would let him be his domineering self. Men like that loathe women with confidence and the ability to think for themselves, because they know that said women will have no problem telling them to F off.

There's definitely no shortage of women like that and most of them will gladly marry and breed with these assholes without a second thought because there was probably no first thought to begin with. And these women all say they have absolutely nothing - no family, no friends, no money, no vehicle, no license, no skills, no education, not a good goddamn thing, so they have absolutely no means to escape when they inevitably learn the guy they married is a gigantic horse's ass. I don't know what they expect with rock-bottom standards.
Around here, in semi-rural NW Virginia, the breeding usually comes FIRST, not the marriage. I begin to think, it might be a requirement for marriage in some circles that you have proven your fertility by having one or more kids beforehand? My handyman once told me his step-daughter and her Baby Daddy were "not mature enough to marry yet"--even thought the duhdee DID have a decent job and they had two kids, aged 4 and 6 already, and had been together all that time. I was just perplexed at that "logic"!!
January 26, 2021
Moos waxing poetic about how they see hospital stays as awesome vacations from their shit home lives. Not the first time I've seen this kind of thing on there. Can you imagine your life sucking that bad that being hospitalized for pneumonia is on par with a trip to Hawaii?

Apparently such things are awesome to Moos because there are no brats pestering them all day, no useless spouses not pulling their weight and/or fucking things up, the Moos can nap and have the TV to themselves and someone makes food for them, after which they don't need to be responsible for the dishes or any other cleaning, for that matter. The original post is nothing dramatic or juicy, but it's in the comments you'll find the real gold.

I've only had to stay in the hospital overnight once at this point and it was fucking MISERABLE, and I didn't even have anything particularly major or invasive done - just kept for observation and given fluids and IV antibiotics. Your life has to be a real grade A shit show for a stint in the hospital to feel like a vacation.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/l5o2bz/yall_know_about_the_hospital_fantasy_right/

Dude, I literally savored getting a cavity filled last month. Some novocaine, a little laughing gas, no one talking to me/needing me for 45 minutes. It was freaking bliss.

I still fondly refer to my 4 days in the hospital with pneumonia 3 years ago as my best vacation ever. All alone, no one to take care of, no decisions to make, tv to myself, meals prepared, AND encouraged to nap? Chhhhild. Pure bliss, minus the whole can’t breathe thing.

My last c section was my last real “break” in five years. I only had a newborn and major surgery to recover from but didn’t have to cook or clean or take care of twin toddlers/step kids/husband. I applied for jobs and had an interview lined up by the time I was discharged. Reading this back it’s pretty sad but I’m sure many can relate.
January 26, 2021
Cambion
Moos waxing poetic about how they see hospital stays as awesome vacations from their shit home lives. Not the first time I've seen this kind of thing on there. Can you imagine your life sucking that bad that being hospitalized for pneumonia is on par with a trip to Hawaii?

Apparently such things are awesome to Moos because there are no brats pestering them all day, no useless spouses not pulling their weight and/or fucking things up, the Moos can nap and have the TV to themselves and someone makes food for them, after which they don't need to be responsible for the dishes or any other cleaning, for that matter. The original post is nothing dramatic or juicy, but it's in the comments you'll find the real gold.

I've only had to stay in the hospital overnight once at this point and it was fucking MISERABLE, and I didn't even have anything particularly major or invasive done - just kept for observation and given fluids and IV antibiotics. Your life has to be a real grade A shit show for a stint in the hospital to feel like a vacation.

I wonder if this is why the lifestyle of a childfree person is often seen as one of absolute irresponsibility and debauchery with personal garments being flung around the room from the ceiling fan? Once they breed all they can remember is a shadow of their former selves and they like to imagine it this way because in comparison to their lives now, it pretty much is. They'd probably salivate at being left alone to watch paint dry at this point.

This explains that icy parunt undercurrent so often brought on immediately when someone asks one of us if we have kids. A simple "no" invokes this.
January 27, 2021
This is a followup post to another thread where moomy's idiot husband, who knows nothing about stocks or investing, spent $1000 of money they couldn't spare to buy into the Gamestop frenzy. And to make matters worse, he did it on some Robin Hood-esque platform instead of using a reputable broker, which is so overwhelmed with users that he can't even log in to sell the stock. Someone in the thread even calls him a "duh"!

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/l663w8/update_i_dont_know_what_to_do_my_worst_nightmare/

One of the commenters tells her not to be worried because the stock is rising. She apparently doesn't understand that it's also been hitting lows of 70 or 80 between spikes. Considering this woman's luck, duhddy will probably pick one of these lows to sell at.
January 27, 2021
freya
I wonder if this is why the lifestyle of a childfree person is often seen as one of absolute irresponsibility and debauchery with personal garments being flung around the room from the ceiling fan? Once they breed all they can remember is a shadow of their former selves and they like to imagine it this way because in comparison to their lives now, it pretty much is. They'd probably salivate at being left alone to watch paint dry at this point.

I wouldn't doubt it. So many of them go and breed because they want to do something with their lives that they feel will be fulfilling or more fulfilling than whatever they're doing without kids and then when the loaves are born, Moos fantasize about how much time and money they had before and yearn for the ability to just sit around and do whatever they want whenever they want again. A lot of them are usually thrilled to just sit in their cars in silence for a while or drink a coffee uninterrupted. It's sad and pathetic, but it's also self-inflicted and I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for them.
January 28, 2021
Moo doesn't like the culture of "mom shaming". Well, if you don't want people to fucking get on your case about how you raise your damn kids, then don't share it online! But as we all know, that's impossible because Moos feel obligated to share every little fart and hiccup their kids make on every social platform. You make that shit public and you're pretty much laying yourself out to be flayed no matter what you do or don't do. Moo feelings have nothing to do with any of it - the fact of the matter is people will always be critical of anything you do no matter what it is, and sometimes Moos just plain do dumb shit. If it gets to them so much, maybe it's because they know the big mean "shamers" are right, at least to an extent. But it's much easier to cry shame and discrimination than it is to take criticism and fix your shit.

Or, you know, don't have any damn kids and no one will criticize your parenting! And I'm totally 100% sure none of these heifers have EVER talked shit about their Moo peers. bemused eye roll

Love this comment:

There's no way to win if you are a mom. If you have any feelings at all that aren't "Omigoshmykidsareamazingallthetimemylifeisgreat!" then you hear "why did you have kids in the first place?" or "it was your choice..."

So I guess it's somehow not the parents' fault that the kids they completely voluntarily chose to create do child things that make their lives miserable. I'm dying to know whose fault it is for the existence of these pesky brats if it's not the fault of the parents. Man, it must be some kind of nice to be able to bitch about how terrible it is having kids and then bitch when people remind you that you chose that life.

Another great comment:

Or the ones who say "you chose to have kids" anytime you dare complain about anything. By that reasoning you can't moan about your job but you can bet everyone does that! Does everyone who hates kids forget that we were all kids once?

Uhh no, that's not the same thing, asshole. Most people actually need to have jobs and sometimes the only jobs they can get are shitty ones and they have every right to complain about a relatively involuntary choice. Exactly nobody needs to have kids. And honestly, who gives a flying fuck if we were all kids once? Just because I used to be something in the past doesn't mean I have to be tolerant of it in the present.

Don't share your whole fucking life with the world if you don't want the whole fucking world shoving their opinions down your throat. As an added bonus, there are some sour grapes as garnish on this shit platter as she mentions how much better fathers have it because if they so much as look in their kids' general direction, they're heaped with praise.

Personally, I haven't seen this so-called mom shaming culture anywhere but on childfree sites and it's always pretty deserved shame. Moos get their udders kissed and their asses patted in every regard and I'd wager a lot of the shaming they experience comes from other Moos because a lot of breeder women do not mature out of the high school mindset and bully others for anything.

A final note on the coffee thing since it seems to be a common issue: why don't they just let their kids try some black coffee? I guarantee it will make the kids not want it anymore. It sure turned me off to it when my aunt let me drink her coffee once when I was about nine and I didn't drink it again until I was maybe 17 when I discovered you could put cream and sugar into coffee.

God these women are bigger babies than the brats they crapped out.

Bold part below for emphasis. It should be part of parenthood 101 that once you become a parent, you do not get to enjoy things anymore because your children WILL ruin everything. Your body, your things, your vacations, your sick days, your bathroom visits, your morning coffee, your vehicle, your job, your sex life, your marriage, your paycheck, your hobbies and everything in between. Stuff that you never thought could be ruined is stuff a child will figure out how to ruin.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/l64mlj/moms_are_people_too/

I hate this internet culture of shaming mothers. You see a video of a mom trying to enjoy something, say...she just made some brownies and wanted to take a picture for the gram, and when she goes to grab her phone, her kiddos go in and put their damn hands in it, so she gets sad... and she posts that picture with "Well, I guess I can't enjoy anything.... and it goes viral as people shame her for expecting that her kids should be normal humans and not put their hands in the brownies.

We have feelings too and sometimes our kids just ruin everything. We're not saying it's their fault. We just feel sad that these beautiful brownies we made are completely ruined with finger marks.

Or a door cam video of a mom who is trying to get her kids in the car goes viral. Mom looks dressed up ready for possibly date night, she could be taking kiddos to the babysitter and one of the kids decides to squeeze the living hell out of their juice box, getting apple and eve all over mom, and mom just puts kid down on the ground and goes inside all defeated and people are like, "well she shouldn't have given the kid a juice box. If she had a brain she'd have expected her nice blouse to be ruined." Or "don't feel bad, you asked for this when you had kids."

Like...wtf is wrong with people? We have feelings too. Sometimes we get ready to have a nice cup of coffee to ourselves but then our kid is all like "mama! Hold me!." And while you're cuddling your little one, they keep trying to take your cup, or put their fingers in the steaming liquid, so you're forced to drink it at a weird angle while your kid screams in your ear because you won't let them have the magical mommy drink. And you just feel so sad ...so you go online and complain but people just make you feel like shit.

Buuuuuuuuuut if dad was in these situations? "Aw that's so sweet you made brownies! Sorry the kiddos ruined it." "Lmao why can't mom out her in her carseat?!?" "Awww I'm sorry you can't drink your coffee without your baby screaming to have it. Just give him to mom!"

Ugh fuck the internet and people who shame us moms for fucking feeling. Mom guilt is a thing and people who do shit like this aren't helping.

I'm just grateful for subs like this and I love you all. The mods on this sub are pretty awesome people too for making sure the rules are followed. No shaming, don't be a jerk, love and support....I couldn't be more thankful for people like y'all.

Also this comment where Moo complains about her MIL:

she hits me with the, "nobody forced you to be a mom, you chose this for yourself!" Well listen you cunt, nobody forced you to be a grandma, feel free to fuck all the way off and not step foot in my house again.

Uhh, yeah, she kinda did force her to become a grandma by reproducing with the MIL's son. Does she not know how this whole biology thing works? confused smiley
January 28, 2021

I hate this internet culture of shaming mothers. You see a video of a mom trying to enjoy something, say...she just made some brownies and wanted to take a picture for the gram, and when she goes to grab her phone, her kiddos go in and put their damn hands in it, so she gets sad... and she posts that picture with "Well, I guess I can't enjoy anything.... and it goes viral as people shame her for expecting that her kids should be normal humans and not put their hands in the brownies.

We have feelings too and sometimes our kids just ruin everything. We're not saying it's their fault. We just feel sad that these beautiful brownies we made are completely ruined with finger marks.

As an aside, this is an example of how most Moos are raising kids who behave like apes. Grabbing at food without asking? Being allowed to mess up community food? It never would have happened in the house where I grew up. My mom was actually a parent who watched her kids like a hawk and instilled boundaries. I knew at an early age not to go grab shit that didn't belong to me. There were standard parunting mantras in the 60's and they worked. "Look with your eyes." "Look but don't touch." "Ask if you want something." Not to mention: "WASH YOUR HANDS." or "Let me wipe your face." My mom had ZERO tolerance for sticky children putting dirty hands over everything. We had our own toys and things we could play with and treat roughly but that was it. It can be done.
January 28, 2021
bell_flower
As an aside, this is an example of how most Moos are raising kids who behave like apes. Grabbing at food without asking? Being allowed to mess up community food? It never would have happened in the house where I grew up. My mom was actually a parent who watched her kids like a hawk and instilled boundaries. I knew at an early age not to go grab shit that didn't belong to me. There were standard parunting mantras in the 60's and they worked. "Look with your eyes." "Look but don't touch." "Ask if you want something." Not to mention: "WASH YOUR HANDS." or "Let me wipe your face." My mom had ZERO tolerance for sticky children putting dirty hands over everything. We had our own toys and things we could play with and treat roughly but that was it. It can be done.

Exactly. If these cunts would enforce any kind of discipline, there would be less shaming AND less of their shit would be ruined! It's a win-win for everybody!
January 28, 2021
bell_flower
As an aside, this is an example of how most Moos are raising kids who behave like apes. Grabbing at food without asking? Being allowed to mess up community food? It never would have happened in the house where I grew up.

This is a very foreign concept to me too and I was a sprog in the 90s. I never remember manhandling cake or brownies that were cooling on the countertop. I may have looked longingly at it because cake, but I had the sense to not fucking stick my hands in it because I knew they weren't only for me. I was an unholy screaming fatass brat too, I remember that very clearly, yet somehow I had enough self-control to not do what these kids do.

So if it's not the kids' fault for ruining a pan of beautiful brownies with their sticky hands, then whose fault is it? Did someone grab the kids by the hands and force their gross fingers into said brownies? Were the brats under someone's spell and had no control over their behavior? This is where the so-called mom shaming comes from - if the child can't be to blame, then the parent can because they're supposed to be the ones preventing/stopping this shit.
Spineless VictiMoo
When I told my partner I didn't want any more children he literally punched a hole in the wall of our apartment. I'm not naive in that I understand this behavior will most likely escalate but I have no support system outside of my partner.

You guys, I don't get how anyone could pretty much ignore that ginormous red flag. How can it be, that someone disregards this just like that and doesn't leave such a violent psychopath? Punching a hole in a wall requires some strength, drywall or not... and she would be stupid to think, that her psycho wouldn't punch her or the brats one day too, and surely there would be broken bones then. Is THAT the kinda thing she calls support?? I don't get it.

Having had a horrible breakup myself a few months ago, that nearly completely obliterated me mentally (I got dumped pretty much out of the blue by someone I loved dearly), I understand that loneliness can be a crippling thing. But enduring this sort of violence just for not being alone? That's insane, and I don't understand it. Besides, psycho-duh being absent so much "for work", that clearly translates to me, that he most likely gets some on the side too. Lovely.

I guess I'm also just too dense to understand, how these kind of women can live with themselves, with no education and no own income. How can they bear being this dependant? Basically a playball to a guy? Probably I'm too stupid or whatever, but I could never have peace of mind, living like that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
January 29, 2021

That's insane, and I don't understand it. Besides, psycho-duh being absent so much "for work", that clearly translates to me, that he most likely gets some on the side too. Lovely.

I thought so too. What kind of job requires you to be gone all week and all weekend too? Sounds like the dude has a regular job and he's hunting pussy on the side and giving this Moo a big line of crap, which she dutifully swallows because asking questions means she might have to do something about it.

I guess I'm also just too dense to understand, how these kind of women can live with themselves, with no education and no own income. How can they bear being this dependant? Basically a playball to a guy?

I don't get it either. It's my personal philosophy that women need a financial plan that is independent of marriage. It works out for some women to find a guy young, sprog and be financially supported by the guy for the rest of life, but not for many.

Life is hard. From age 20 to 30, I believe it's particularly hard. Think about it: You need to separate from your parunts, figure out who you are without their influence, figure out a skill and get a job to support yourself, which is increasingly difficult in our Overlord economy with high entry costs for education and training.

Even though it's 2021, latching onto a man, lying on your back and shitting out a brat are still socially-acceptable female escape routes . It's the easy way out, at least temporarily. That's probably what this woman did and boy, did she ever pick the wrong one and now she has brats with him and she's in a horrible position.

She will be at the mercy of the courts to get protection from this guy. She will have to prove real abuse. Forget verbal abuse, unless she can record it, and thanks to "father's rights," the courts will probably still allow him to see the kids with supervision. That means she will still be dealing with him.

And we all know guys like this usually kill women precisely when they try to leave.

Drifting, but this is why it infuriates me that the government is so stingy with benefits and job training for single people. Help them become independent before they sprog. Thanks to the kids, this woman doesn't have a shot at becoming independent or a productive member of society.
January 29, 2021
bell_flower
Drifting, but this is why it infuriates me that the government is so stingy with benefits and job training for single people. Help them become independent before they sprog. Thanks to the kids, this woman doesn't have a shot at becoming independent or a productive member of society.

Major gripe of mine too and it prevents me from supporting the idea of a safety net, because it is nearly impossible to obtain unless brats are involved and by that time it is too late. The young people (or older people) who need the safety net temporarily to get their life on track are much more likely to do so and they pay it back in spades in taxes. A young person to train and also older people who may need to retrain. Both result in a more productive society. Also, these people (versus breeders) can do this within a certain amount of time (2-6 years) where most breeders may need it for the better part of 18 years or longer.

Plus, if all are expected to pay into this fund via taxes then it only makes sense that it isn't limited to breeders to benefit from it.
January 29, 2021
Woe is me moo

Or the ones who say "you chose to have kids" anytime you dare complain about anything. By that reasoning you can't moan about your job but you can bet everyone does that! Does everyone who hates kids forget that we were all kids once?

Im going to guess this Moo is one of those that is constantly trumpeting the agenda that having kids is the bestest thing in the world and everyone should do it, which is why she experiences pushback. I have friends that bitch about their kids and I’m perfectly fine lending them my ear, because they’re not constantly trying to blow smoke up my ass about how I’m missing out on life because I didn’t have kids.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 29, 2021
LoveToLurk
Woe is me moo

Im going to guess this Moo is one of those that is constantly trumpeting the agenda that having kids is the bestest thing in the world and everyone should do it, which is why she experiences pushback. I have friends that bitch about their kids and I’m perfectly fine lending them my ear, because they’re not constantly trying to blow smoke up my ass about how I’m missing out on life because I didn’t have kids.

I recall being a kid quite well and it wasn't pleasant. For the most part I detested other kids. And why is this one of the many breeder platitudes they always resort to as a defense? I'm sure most of us have lots of past behavior we hate but what does that have to with choosing to have kids? Apparently this moo forgot we were brought to this earth due to decisions of other people, not by our own volition.

So many breeder platitudes which are idiotic:
It is different when it is your own!
You were a brat once! (baybee, zygote, gamete, fetus, whatever)
You're selfish for not wanting brats! (or whatever else-not willingly babysitting MY brats)
Brats are expensive!
Raisin brats is the world's most important job (but others should willingly babysit MY brats for free)
Etc.

At least saying "you chose to have kids" is an actual statement that has validity.
January 30, 2021
freya
LoveToLurk
Woe is me moo

At least saying "you chose to have kids" is an actual statement that has validity.

Yup! And that moo's comparison to people "moaning" about their jobs is ignorant as fuck! People NEED jobs, nobody NEEDS to have a goddamn kid!
January 30, 2021
LoveToLurk

Word. I can always tell who the PNBs are because if they ask if I have kids and I say no fucking way, they smile and go, "Good choice." It's the breeders who get their tits in a knot over my ability to think about a huge life-changing decision before making it and try to tell me how it's all wooooorth it after they just wrote a 5,000 word short story on Facebook about how their kids have made their lives unbearable.
February 02, 2021
Frazzled bizzy Moo has "too many kids," but oh, it's the doctor's fault. The "happy accident" loaf conceived a mere six months after child #2 was crapped out has its bowels growing on the outside of its body in utero and winds up spending three months in NICU and needs to be burped constantly all day long now. Great start to life for that one. Meanwhile, the middle child is Evel Knievel reincarnate with a profound love for dangerous things and the eldest is ignored entirely in favor of her more high-maintenance siblings.

To be fair, if her doctor told her there are placebo pills that can be skipped with the mini pill, they were very wrong and I'd be complaining about that shit. But considering every prescription comes with a pamphlet about how to take it, most of the fault is with Moo for not fucking reading it. I Googled "does the mini pill have placebos" and got a clear and immediate NO. Is English this woman's second language or something that this wasn't a clear enough answer? If she wasn't sure, she could have very easily spent a whopping two minutes asking the pharmacist or another provider. Oh, but silly me, I forgot that mommies are much too busy to be bothered with trivial things like learning how medications work before taking them. Dog help her kids if they need medication.

Also, why would you want to skip your periods if you're sexually active? I can't speak for any other women, but as much as I hate having periods, I find their monthly presence reassuring. So because Moo can't be arsed to find out for sure how to take her own birth control or abort an unwanted/unplanned fetus, it's the doctor's fault for tricking her into a third pregnancy.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/lak8ws/i_have_too_many_kids_and_it_wasnt_even_my_fault/

Idjit
My first two were planned, just about three years apart. My doctors are fucking morons and aggressively marketed the minipill to me while very explicitly telling me it had placebos just like my old bc that could be skipped seven days in a row. I googled the minipill, but without particularly questioning the part about placebos, I didn't have specific enough search terms to tip me off.

So six months after my second child was born, I was pregnant. We found out in February and decided to go ahead and have three kids. The pandemic starts and everything is crap, but surely it'll be over by the time the baby is born (haha). Then comes May, and an ultrasound shows my baby has gastroschisis, intestines on the outside. He needs surgery and about a month of nicu time. 10% fatality rate that worsens with prematurity. 32 weeks, what happens? His bowel is dilating so fast that they have to take him stat. He survives and is strong, but his bowel is so damaged that one surgery and one month became two surgeries and 96 days, all during Covid. The restrictions alone made me feel like I was suffocating.

Finally, he came home in mid-December. I was so happy. I couldn't imagine that the stress of three kids could get to me after all that.

I was dead wrong, of course. Holy fucking Christ, my 18mo is in the most intense toddler suicide phase I've ever seen (she's actually ATTRACTED to moving cars, rivers, and kids on swings!!!) and it's like a ten person job JUST to handle just that one kid. Meanwhile, the new baby has complicated intestines and I basically have to burp him all day. Not kidding. Just burping this kid constantly, all day, two hands, no time for anything else. So what about that other kid who's trying to do a cannonball onto a knife block? Uhh, I honestly don't know.

And then there's my poor 4yo. There was supposed to be so much more to being the big sister than just getting zero attention and sitting around listening to babies cry. She was supposed to be in preschool four days a week, gymnastics, music class, play dates (she even had honest to god friends for like .5 seconds last year). She's acting out for attention and I don't blame her at all. I already am not enough for even one of these kids, let alone three.

And the worst part is, as much as I love my son the same as my daughters, I'm so stressed out that this thought keeps creeping in that I didn't want this. I was screwed over by my idiot doctors (and it was far from the first time). We weren't going to have a third for five years. I just keep thinking, God damnit, this wasn't supposed to happen. None of this was supposed to happen. Society wasn't supposed to implode and my life wasn't supposed to implode.

Anyway I feel like the worst mom ever today. I miss when I was happy and enthusiastic about parenting. I'm afraid it will never be fun again.

TL;DR: Got bad medical advice about my birth control, had unplanned baby with a stressful birth defect, long nicu stay, pandemic, three kids (2 under 2 and a 4yo), totally cracking
February 02, 2021
Well, actually it would be a little bit the doctor's fault: Why didn't he recommend she have an operation or that her husband be neutered? Oh, I know, the new Mercedes is coming out and he just has to have one. Seems like so much can go wrong with pills, so women tell me, am I correct?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login