Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
March 05, 2021
twocents
this is why I made this a sticky. perhaps I should have titled it the Schadenfreude sticky...

OMG I was just thinking exactly this today reading this stuff. I'm like this thread is mislabeled.smoking smiley

I really like that video gaming has taken over in the MIA duhds in millennial life. It used to be "going out w/ the boys for a few beers and watch the football game". While it is healthier not be an alkie, and at least you know where your hub is, and dont have to deal w/ a drunk.....this being lonely and w/o a helper in your own home (who is actually there just a room away) has to be a real kick in the ass for these moos, and later the brats themselves. Wow, when will moos figure out most men just really aren't into the kid thing as much as they claim, and they can't even hide it.
March 05, 2021
It ain't just men, lady. And WE'RE tired of YOU and your feral brats absolutely fucking everywhere.

It’s just fucking disgusting.

“Fuck trophies” “Don’t get pregnant” “Don’t have kids” “Learn how to use BC” “Don’t have kids you can’t afford” “Abortions are a thing” Etc etc.

Like, I feel like so many of these fucks are just waiting to spew their disgusting views of kids and use the most dehumanizing language towards them and women. It’s always such misogynistic language, too.

As if we all are mindless sex addicts just looking to get knocked up for funsies, bc pregnancy is a total wall in the park and downs change our lives and bodies forever. Or I guess we are too dumb to use proper birth control, bc you know, condoms and hormonal bc are 100% effective, and all sex is consensual, and abortion as are widely accessible and not at all an emotional and hard choice to make, and no one ever had unforeseen life circumstance that turns your world upside down. /s.

And the kicker? It’s largely THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE WHO ARE TOTALL FOR STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS. But if a policy is not directly benefitting them then it’s not worth it.

I’m so sick of this shit. Why does it feel like the vast majority of men are just such hateful trash? Conservative, liberal, right, left- they all just shit on us in different ways and I’m so tired of it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/ly5eql/reddit_is_soooo_liberal_and_leftist_until_you/

I'd be interested to know if there was such resentment towards breeders before the modern parenting crisis.
March 05, 2021
I think breeders in the past knew the job was a shitshow. just didn't have as much of a choice. now they have one, they listen to the increased propaganda bs.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 05, 2021

Or I guess we are too dumb to use proper birth control, bc you know, condoms and hormonal bc are 100% effective, and all sex is consensual, and abortion as are widely accessible and not at all an emotional and hard choice to make, and no one ever had unforeseen life circumstance that turns your world upside down.

All birth control has a failure rate, even sterilization, but that is not what is on Breaking mom or Reddit in general 99% of the time. We just finished discussing that dumb bint who didn't use birth control AT ALL post-partum because she says it took her a year to get pregnant the first time. And she's shocked because she turned up pregnant.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard people say "we aren't trying to get pregnant but we aren't trying to prevent it either," I swear I could have paid my mortgage when I had one.

It makes ZERO logical sense. If you are not using BC you ARE trying to get pregnant but many humans have trouble following basic instructions anyway because they are STUPID. Some comedian, maybe Ron White, used to have a joke that went along these lines....Wanna be scared shitless? Just think of someone you know who is "average" in intelligence, i.e. the median. Then consider that 50% of people are smarter than that person but 50% of people are also dumber than that person and that's what's really scary. (Politicians are pandering to the stupid ones.)

Birth control pills must be taken EVERY DAY at the same time to be effective. No skipping pills or "forgetting pills" Barrier methods must be used correctly each. and . every. time. From my observation, people have problems with this. When I was on the pill I took my pills at 6:00 pm each evening because I would be awake and generally cognizant of my life. I never missed one single pill. I used a diaphragm for years and I put it in BEFORE I had sex. I had my partner wear a condom too when I was mid-cycle and if I had multiple rounds of sex (oh to be young again) I would apply more spermicide as directed.

I don't know why people don't take it more seriously. We are not talking about something small. There is a reason why sterilization is the most popular form of birth control but it's a fucking crime that CF people cannot get one. So much for reproductive freedom.

tldr: Yes, I'm sorry to say the average person tends to be lax with birth control, and there are millions of us walking around because of it.
March 05, 2021
Yep, for a long time I was very nervous about relying on the pill for contraception because of all the stories I'd read of women who got pregnant on the pill and I figured the pill was just super unreliable, but somehow boasted a 99% success rate. Sooo I started looking a little closer at these "I got pergnut on teh pill!" stories and in every single one, the woman admits that she didn't take it properly - took it every other day or once a week. Well no shit it didn't work then! No medication works like it should if you don't take it like you're supposed to.

I am the most forgetful person I know, but I remember my pill every single day. And WOW big shock, it fucking works! If someone really wants to prevent pregnancy, they will use protection faithfully. Otherwise, in some part of their brain, getting knocked up or knocking someone up is an acceptable consequence of their barebacking.

Love the pissing and moaning in the "wah everyone hates mommies" thread too. What a bunch of fucking babies. Not everyone likes kids, not everyone finds yours cute, not everyone is tolerant of kids and yes, people will very quickly pass judgment and call you names. Welcome to life, dumbasses! They bitch about being judged and called mean things, but they do the very same thing to people who are childfree, who dislike kids and who prefer animals to kids and have done so since long before people began being more vocal about not liking kids. Oh, but see, that's okay to do because mommies are so much better and smarter than everyone else and so any opinions that do not validate their choices are wrong. eye rolling smiley

The tide is turning and fewer people find breeding and brats endearing now.
March 05, 2021
I've got memory problems but I made sure I had mechanisms in place to make me take that damn pill at the same time every day. Never had a single scare.
March 08, 2021

And the kicker? It’s largely THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE WHO ARE TOTALL FOR STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS. But if a policy is not directly benefitting them then it’s not worth it.

I’m so sick of this shit. Why does it feel like the vast majority of men are just such hateful trash? Conservative, liberal, right, left- they all just shit on us in different ways and I’m so tired of it.

I oppose student loan forgiveness and welfare expressly because both reward specific life choices and aren't available as an option to all tax payers who supplement these benefits/potential benefits. And student loan forgiveness would have helped me out.

Or I guess we are too dumb to use proper birth control, bc you know, condoms and hormonal bc are 100% effective, and all sex is consensual, and abortion as are widely accessible and not at all an emotional and hard choice to make, and no one ever had unforeseen life circumstance that turns your world upside down.

If sex isn't consensual then there is abortion. Whether it is misuse or being "too dumb" to use birth control correctly there is abortion. I think most of us have had unforeseen life circumstances that turn our world upside down but clearly not pregnancy that results in a birth on this board.

And I really hope that there isn't anyone who starts their life under these conditions "unforeseen life circumstances that turn our world upside down" that lives in a first world country with access to birth control. That is a terrible life start and yes, the parunt that brings this on a child is 100% culpable.
March 10, 2021
didn't the feds just past some more moo hand out shit? someone said that this is close to the ubi now... so, have we just created another welfare class?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 12, 2021
I think this Duh is looking for PNA opportunities and Moo is onto it. Oh, but he's a "good dad." bemused eye roll Yeah, I don't think good dads let their kids almost become road pizza on a regular basis, and if he has a history of Only Looking Away For a SecondTM, then Moo would be partly at fault for anything that happens to the kid because she let him take her knowing he would neglect her. Whether or not that neglect is intentional or because Duh has ADD doesn't change the fact that his behavior endangers the kid.

I wonder why he specifically requested going to the zoo with just the kid and himself. I feel like there is an ulterior motive, like let's let Princess loose near the tiger enclosure and see what unfolds. I quiver in anticipation over an update because I want to know where in the zoo this kid winds up dying, like an animal version of Clue.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/m37s6c/husband_asked_if_he_could_tjavascript:editor_tools_handle_u()ake_kiddo_to_the_zoo/

I've watched him casually let go of her in parking lots. He's chased her through Aldi and caught her just in time to stop her from running into the parking lot. He threw her in the air so high once he almost missed catching her and caught her by one arm. He's a good dad and he loves her but honestly he's absent minded, a little careless, and easily distracted.

I'd love to have the house all to myself for a whole day but that man cannot take our child somewhere that there's a possibility she could be eaten by a lion.
March 12, 2021
cambion, why doesn't he put the fucking little turd on a harness and leash.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

March 12, 2021
cambion, why doesn't he put the fucking little turd on a harness and leash. and another moo with her head up her ass and can't admit she made a mistake. probably has several of them. or will make more

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

March 14, 2021
Very obviously CF woman goes and breeds with husband because he really really wants a brat and she hated every aspect of the whole experience from conception to the present. Comes right out and says she doesn't love her kid, did what she could to interact with it as little as possible, regrets having him, misses her freedom and so on. It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't talk about how much it's worth it after pouring their guts out about how much they hate parenthood.

Kids should be 100 percent wanted by both parents (assuming it's not a case of a single Moo getting donated sperm), otherwise they're gonna have a bad time. Unfortunately, this woman didn't go with her original instinct to remain unchilded and decided to go bareback to please her wanna-breed husband and the brat is what eventually made them split up. I kinda feel sorry for her, but I also kinda don't because nobody made her reproduce. It should be common sense that when one half of a couple really wants a kid and the other half really doesn't want one, those are two people who are not compatible with one another.

Only a single comment there and it gives her nothing but ass pats and sympathy. Meanwhile, someone without kids who says they don't want kids gets bingoed left and right about how awful and immature they are. But oh, regretting having kids you didn't want in the first place is okey-dokey! Apparently, letting unwanted kids be born is the better option compared to not allowing unwanted kids to be born in the first place. I really hope she can make an arrangement where she isn't around her kid most of the time because kids can and do pick up on their parents' resentment of them and that has a very negative impact on them. Plus, Duh is the one who wanted the little fucker in the first place, so he can do the brunt of the parenting.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/m4ob66/i_still_regret_having_a_child/

Throwaway obviously. I need to vent about how trapped I feel, and just try to work through this... part of this is written in the tone of what I used to feel/think in my darkest days and may be jarring/hard to read.

It's really long so here's the TLDR; I got over my PPD and finally love my son, but I still wish I was child free, feel trapped, and feel like this was the biggest mistake of my life.

My son just turned 3 a week ago, and I still wish I hadn't had him. It's gotten much better as he gets older, but it's still there. Some days/weeks are good and I'm happy hanging out with him, but there are so many times (like right now) where all I can do is fantasize about what my life should be right now and beat myself up for going off birth control in the first place and for not having an abortion when I had the chance.

My (now ex) husband wanted a child. Badly. We were together about 4 years before he really started asking for one, though. We had talked about it early on in our dating and at the time I thought I wanted kids too, so it didn't used to be a problem. But I was young (he was 21 and I was 20 when we married) and hadn't had much real world experience yet. I grew up in the midwest where it's just assumed you'll get married and have kids after high school/college, so I never considered an alternative.

However once we were living on our own I found I loved all the freedom and the lifestyle we had. We had a lot of fun together traveling, drinking, playing video games, and hanging out with friends. I was happy with the life we had, but it wasn't enough for him.

I loved him dearly and wanted to give him a child. He wanted it, and I figured since I used to want it too I would warm up to the idea. I went off my birth control and we began "trying". Not actively, just letting it happen if it happens. I had a couple times that I thought I was pregnant but would test negative or get a period a few weeks later (my periods have always been inconsistent so I never new if I was late). Sometimes I would get a little excited about possibly being pregnant but other times I would immediately be filled with fear and dread.

As time went on I began to realize I didn't want a child after all. Every scare began filling me with dread and became a huge source of anxiety for me. I tried talking to him about it, but he would get really upset and say it was fine and that we didn't have to but the way he said it always made me feel guilty. I always backed down and folded to the guilt.

After almost a year of this I finally did get pregnant, and I knew it very early. I had very bad morning sickness very early. I tested positive and got in with the doctor as soon as I could. They did the test and ultrasound in the office and I just broke down crying. I was alone because he was at a new job and couldn't ask for time off. I knew right then that I did not want this child. I tried telling my husband how I was feeling but he was so excited and kept telling me it was the hormones and that I would feel differently when our kid was born.

I spent most nights crying myself to sleep, and spent every night debating with myself about whether I should get an abortion or not. My plan was to get one and tell him/everyone I had a miscarriage, but I always felt too guilty to go through with it. I felt guilty knowing how much it would disappoint him, his parents, and my grandparents who all knew about my pregnancy pretty much right away due to us living with his parents at the time and how bad my symptoms were. Once they knew I wanted to tell my grandparents (I was no contact with my mom at the time).

Eventually the cutoff point for abortion came and went and my depression got much worse. I became suicidal and felt trapped. I hated myself and the thing growing inside me. I constantly fantasized about killing myself, killing the thing inside me, or having a miscarriage or even a still birth. It was awful. I finally got on medication around 26 weeks into it, but it didn't really help. My husband was completely unsupportive and kept telling me it would all change once our son was born.

Every ultrasound and prenatal appointment was hell. I hated everything to do with the pregnancy. I hated the attention and how it was all anyone would talk about. I wanted someone to ask me how work was going or anything about me, but all they cared about was this thing growing inside me.

The birth was traumatic and didn't help matters. My son was positioned correctly 3 days prior to me going into labor at my last appointment, but at some point during my labor he decided he didn't want to be born and flipped himself around. My pain went from a 4 to an 11 and it took a long time to get help. Everyone thought I was just having normal labor pains but I knew something was seriously wrong. They tried to give me an epidural but it failed. The guy poked me like 5 times and claimed he did it and left but I was still in pain and could feel everything. Eventually they brought in an ultrasound machine and saw that he was flipped. They couldn't believe it and finally rushed me into the operating room for an emergency c-section. I got into the operating room and finally got relief with a spinal tap. I felt nothing from that point forward and was so relieved to be out of pain. They pulled my son out of me and I had no desire to look at him, let alone touch him. I remember just being relieved it was finally over and he was finally out of my body.

I woke up in my patient room sometime later and my husband was taking care of the baby. I wanted nothing to do with him. I didn't want to see him or touch him or anything. The lactation specialist came in and asked if I was going to breastfeed and I remember thinking I didn't even want to keep the kid, let alone breastfeed it. I decided to try since it would be cheaper than formula and would literally be the only way I would hold the baby.

I ended up continuing to breastfeed for those reasons. I loathed it. Absolutely hated the whole experience and spent most of the time angry and crying. But we were struggling with money since my husband was unemployed and I knew it would be easier on our budget if I could just make it work. Those first weeks were mostly me breastfeeding our son and handing him to my husband or putting him down as soon as possible. I had no desire to touch or hold the baby, and only forced myself to do it to feed him and to try to force a bond since I felt nothing but anger, resentment, and hatred towards the baby.

My husband was fired during my second trimester so he was home with me during my maternity leave and was going to be a stay at home dad. I was so excited for my maternity leave to end. My depression lifted a bit when I finally got to return to work, but I absolutely dreaded going home every night. I worked a little later and did everything I could to delay going home, but also knew I couldn't delay it too much otherwise my husband would get angry.

My husband would always greet me holding the baby and I hated it. I would tell him hi and tell the dog and cat hi and try to ignore the baby. I wanted nothing to do with it and my husband kept trying to force the issue. He would get so mad when I ignored our son and our marriage just continued to get worse. I resented him for ruining our marriage by wanting children.

Slowly things began to get better for me. By the time my son turned one I stopped hating him. I still didn't love him, but I didn't ignore him and my resentment towards him was fading. My marriage just continued to get worse. My husband was supposed to get a job or use his GI bill to go to school when our son turned one so we could put him into daycare. The more time passed the more angry I was that he wasn't doing anything.

My husband fell into a depression himself and refused to get help. I tried to get him to go to a doctor for medication or go to a therapist and talk it out. He refused. I came home one day and found him asleep on the couch and our son was up on top of our computer desk. I freaked out and never trusted him watching our son again. Every day I went to work I worried about our son not being watched/taken care of.

I finally left him shortly after our son turned 2. I kicked him out and he moved in with his parents. We began to do split custody one week on and one week off immediately while I worked on filing for our divorce. He finally got a job (for a short time, he was fired again shortly after) and I felt good knowing his parents were there to help watch our son since I still didn't trust him alone with our son.

Things have continued to get better over the past year. I finally feel like I'm past my PPD issues. I usually feel happy to see my son and love him most of the time. I finally feel like I'm at a "normal" level of attachment to him. I know not everyone loves/likes their child all the time, and I stopped guilt tripping myself for having days/times that I struggle to like him.

But, overall I still regret having him. I wish I was child free. I miss my freedom. I miss having time to work on my own projects (art, writing, programming, video games). Every week I have him I feel like I'm just wasting my life. Being a parent is not fulfilling for me. I want to create things and experience new things. Instead I'm stuck taking care of a toddler and doing nothing worthwhile with my life.

I get every other week off, but I always dread the Friday that I have to pick him up. And I always count down the nights/mornings until I can send him back to his dad's. The amount of time off I have is never enough.

I dream about running away. Or giving up my rights to him. But I know I can't. My mom and grandparents would think I'm a terrible person. My son loves me and needs me in his life. Especially since I can't trust his (still unemployed) father to take care of him the way he needs to be taken care of. I know my ex husband's parents would take care of him the best they could, but honestly none of their children are great adults and I would be worried. I know I would cause so many emotional/mental issues for my son by abandoning him, and I can't do that to him no matter how much I want to. I got into this mess by putting everyone else's desires before my own, and now I'm trapped by other people's needs and expectations.

If I could disappear with no negative consequences I would. Sometimes I'm suicidal and just want to not live anymore to not be stuck, but most of the time it's just me wishing I had complete freedom again. I love so many things about my life, but being a mother is not one of them.

It is getting easier now that he's older, and I hope it just continues to get easier for me as he gets more independent. And it really helps that he's probably the best kid I could ask for. He is almost always happy, rarely throws a tantrum, and wants to do things for himself. He was a late talker which was very stressful but he's finally talking really well and is able to communicate what he wants/feels. The biggest issue now is potty training, but with all the changes this year he's just not ready.

At this point I just dream about him getting to a point where he wants nothing to do with me and is old enough for me to fade out of his life without causing him any issues. I'm hopeful that his dad has his shit together by the time our son goes to school. I would love to have him go to school at his dad's town and be with him full time. If I could drop down to just having him every weekend or every other weekend I would be much happier.
March 14, 2021

Meanwhile, someone without kids who says they don't want kids gets bingoed left and right about how awful and immature they are. But oh, regretting having kids you didn't want in the first place is okey-dokey! Apparently, letting unwanted kids be born is the better option compared to not allowing unwanted kids to be born in the first place.

Horrifying, isn't it? This woman brought A PERSON into the world and the kid will need therapy. She and her fucked up ex-husband did this.

I hope this woman's novel of self-betrayal will make someone pause and think. (But this is Reddit after all.)

I cannot say that I haven't compromised myself for relationships over the course of my life, and while I came from a troubled home life and was desperate for a relationship, which is not good, I NEVER NEVER NEVER entertained the idea of gestating a loaf for a guy, not even for one second. While I may have been a relationship wimp in my 20's, I thank Gawd that I have a hard, unbending core of stubborn and I did not allow anyone to Change My MindTM.

Just reading her story and the physical/medical aspect of birth, beefing and beyond made me recoil. Her birth story needs a disclaimer. As I'm typing this, I have positioned my screen so I cannot even see it.

Birth is bad enough--then comes beefing. Being tied to a human larvae and having the Tit Nazis patrolling the hospital halls and elsewhere and harassing you to be a milk machine? No Thank You. And then the endless judgement thing from other women and society?
AND doing it all for something you didn't even want?

This woman is not a "hero--" she made a fatal error in judgement and killed her life. Wouldn't it be hard to forgive yourself when you've fucked yourself over to that extent?

ETA: If she's really serious about being one and done, she needs to get a tubal ligation NOW. Because she bred once, no CF guy will want anything to do with her. She has limited her relationship possibilities to 1. Wanna Breed but never bred; 2. Divorced Duds who want to be Serial Breeders. Because she caved once she could very well talk herself into either situation. Memories can fade under relationship pressure and she could tell herself It Will Be Different because NextGuy is so special. And she'll be back on Breaking Mawm, pregnant and pity-posting.

Lurking CF WannaBes--you really can opt out of it, and the Earth will not fall off its axis.
March 14, 2021
bell_flower
Horrifying, isn't it? This woman brought A PERSON into the world and the kid will need therapy. She and her fucked up ex-husband did this.

The kid is going to have serious issues for sure. I guarantee the Duh is not going to dote on his kid with the intensity of two parents, and Moo said in a more recent comment that when she gets the kid on weekends, she wants to dump Junior on her own parents so she can have almost zero contact with the child. I feel terrible for this kid because he didn't ask to be born, yet he has one parent who doesn't even want to know he exists and another who is lukewarm toward him, at best.

bell_flower
I cannot say that I haven't compromised myself for relationships over the course of my life, and while I came from a troubled home life and was desperate for a relationship, which is not good, I NEVER NEVER NEVER entertained the idea of gestating a loaf for a guy, not even for one second. While I may have been a relationship wimp in my 20's, I thank Gawd that I have a hard, unbending core of stubborn and I did not allow anyone to Change My MindTM.

I think some level of compromise is fine in relationships like one person does the dishes if the other cleans the bathroom kind of thing, but compromise has to be for both people and not just one doing all the changing for the other with nothing in return. But having a child is not something that can be compromised on because you cannot have half a child and the woman will always bear the majority of the brunt of reproduction. My ex decided at the age of 17 that he wanted lots of kids and when I told him I wanted none, he said we could just have one and call it even. Umm no, that's not how that works. Dividing any number by zero is still zero, asshole. I also was willing to change myself to an extent for him, but I never once contemplated having his kid and he was never okay with that, which was one of many reasons we split up (well, I split up with him and he refused to accept the breakup).
March 14, 2021
I guess it's Moother's Day across the pond today, so lots of women whining about how little their partners have done for them. One is bitching about how she's mad that today is for MOMMIES, not PET OWNERS. Because mommies get one day a year for recognition and they do NOT want to share it with animals. You mean one day a year when their partners and kids don't give a shit about them same as the other 364 days of the year?

Apparently, this is "disrespectful" to Moos. I have a feeling that anyone who is happy with their decision to breed does not feel this way. Also there's some fighting in the comments about how some people are barren and pets are the closest thing they can have to children, so saying pet owners aren't parents is disrespectful to infertiles. eating popcorn

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/m4pja9/unpopular_it_is_mothers_day_not_pet_day/

It is Mothering Sunday in the UK and NO, your pets are not people. I have pets, love them to bits. But we get ONE DAY and I have to share it with pets? I have a number of living children and some not. Your dog does not make you a mother.

Every year this comes up.

It is so disrespectful.
March 14, 2021
Cambion, this is why we call them moos... if they think they aren't gettng udder rubs or adulations, or someone has dared escape their self imposed misery, they mooooooooooooooo

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

March 14, 2021
bell_flower

I'm in the same boat. I'd considered lying about the kid thing while in a really good relationship so it would lead to marriage. I decided against it. I've been lied to, why would I want to do that to someone else? And sooner or later the truth would be revealed, I'd rather be accepted for who I am.
March 14, 2021

It is Mothering Sunday in the UK and NO, your pets are not people. I have pets, love them to bits. But we get ONE DAY and I have to share it with pets? I have a number of living children and some not. Your dog does not make you a mother.

It is so disrespectful.

Every day is pet day!
March 14, 2021
Cambion
I guess it's Moother's Day across the pond today, so lots of women whining about how little their partners have done for them. One is bitching about how she's mad that today is for MOMMIES, not PET OWNERS. Because mommies get one day a year for recognition and they do NOT want to share it with animals. You mean one day a year when their partners and kids don't give a shit about them same as the other 364 days of the year?

Apparently, this is "disrespectful" to Moos. I have a feeling that anyone who is happy with their decision to breed does not feel this way. Also there's some fighting in the comments about how some people are barren and pets are the closest thing they can have to children, so saying pet owners aren't parents is disrespectful to infertiles. eating popcorn

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/m4pja9/unpopular_it_is_mothers_day_not_pet_day/

It is so disrespectful.

My take: I have no desire to be included in "Mother's Day" because of pets. They can have it. I do not identify as my pets' mom. I didn't get offended when a well-meaning vet tech referred to me as such, though.

And yeah, someone who's secure and happy in their parenting lifestyle won't feel the need to police others' lives.
March 17, 2021
This is a good one. Teenage boy can see that brat is out of control yet moo is too dumb and defensive to actually parent. So of course she compares boy to a parent who she has a grudge against. Because they always blame their own parents for their shortcomings.

Ever notice how out-of-control brats are always described by the moos as super "kind" and "loving" and totally undeserving of discipline? This one here already knows how to manipulate spineless moo at three years old.

My 3 year old, well she’s a strong willed lady and an absolute sweetheart. She tells me she loves me everyday and that I’m her best friend in between demanding snacks of course

My teenage brother lives with us and tonight he said something that really got to me. He said, my daughter is disrespectful and it really hurt. One, because she’s a kind soul. Two, she’s three dude,relax.

& lastly my brother and I come from an emotionally abusive household where we had to be happy all the time to get love. I saw a bit of my mom in him tonight and that scared me. I don’t want my brother to think a 3 year old being a 3 year old is wrong because they aren’t showing “respect”. It honestly just isn’t sitting right with me and I feel on edge.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/m6so3j/my_daughter_isnt_disrespectful_she_has_tantrums/
March 17, 2021
toraneko
Ever notice how out-of-control brats are always described by the moos as super "kind" and "loving" and totally undeserving of discipline? This one here already knows how to manipulate spineless moo at three years old.

Yep, I see a pattern. These same Moos also often refer to their horrid asshole spawn as "spirited," "strong willed" or "high needs" and I suspect many have already diagnosed their kids with at least one type of autism by means of Google. If they slap a label on the child (instead of just slapping the child), they feel they are exempt from actually attempting to parent their kids and then the child's behavior is only a problem to those bothered by it while Mommy gets to wash her hands of her responsibility to her child. Calling the brat "spirited" places the blame on the child and not the parent for refusing to fix the bad behavior.

To be fair, I don't know if I'd call a toddler disrespectful, only because toddlers have no sense of respect. The toddler equivalent of "respectful" is just simply well-behaved, but I think in order to be respectful, you have to have the mental capacity to understand what that even means. Still, it doesn't change the fact the toadler is a fucking maniac that needs to be taught how to act like a human being and not a wild animal.

And of course, the comments are dismissing the brother's criticism of his sister's shitty parenting because he's just a kid, implying he doesn't know any better and he's just being emotionally abusive like his own mother. Bitch, if a kid is telling you you're a shite parent, I'd consider that a bigger hint than if an adult with more tact tells you. Sounds like she just doesn't want to hear anything besides praise for her lame-ass excuse for parenting.
March 17, 2021
Another Duh who either doesn't give a shit or is jonesing for a PNA. Routinely neglects his two brats or leaves them unsupervised to play video games and lets them get into shit that can harm them. More than one of the other Moos instructs the author to give him an ultimatum: brats or games. Gee I wonder which one he'll choose. bemused eye roll And I wonder how surprised Moo will be with his choice bemused eye roll.

She wants to break his computer at times to make him stop gaming, but I can assure her and any other heifer suggesting this that it will not stop him. He will absolutely play the victim, he'll tell everyone who will listen what a bitch his wife is destroying his stuff "for no reason," he'll hold it over Moo's head for the rest of their lives, he'll use money that they may not be able to afford to spare to buy a whole new computer or console, he'll probably break something of hers as revenge and he'll also likely do even less around the house with the kids and chores to teach her a lesson for good measure. Someone who is willing to neglect his own kids to play games all day is someone who will fight tooth and nail with anyone or anything that prevents them from playing as they wish.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/m788j7/sometimes_i_want_to_just_break_his_computer/

I was in the bathroom and when I came out I saw my 3 year old who was supposed to be napping standing in the dining room. I told her to go back to her room and she said she just wanted to give her brother a kiss. Then I saw my 8 month old son on the floor of the livingroom by himself. I turned to my 3 year old and said, "where's your dad?" to which she responded "downstairs". I yelled for my husband and asked him what he was doing. He yelled back, "playing Civ 6". What. The. Fuck. He left our 8 month old completely unsupervised to go play a game on his computer?! He did this knowing I was going to take a nap after thr bathroom because I got like 2 hours of sleep last night. I told him he can't just leave him by himself and his response was, "well you don't want him downstairs" (because it's a mess and my husband just lets him crawl around on the floor full of choking and strangulation hazards). He doesn't fucking have to play video games. And that's all he fucking does when he's not working or doing his household chores (which are just taking out the trash, dishes, and litterboxes). If I have to go to an appointment or something and he's in charge of the kids he just sits on his computer and plays video games. Just last week I was taking a nap because of another sleepless night and he woke me up by bursting in the room yelling "3 year old got into some medication and dumped it all over her bedroom floor and I found 8 month old crawling around in there. I have no idea if they ate any". It was baby aspirin and vistaril and thank God they didn't eat any but I am still absolutely livid that he let it happen. His negligence could have killed our baby. All because he would rather play video games than parent his own kids for 2 hours. I signed up to be a SAHM but not a single mom. I'm just so angry and frustrated and lost.
March 18, 2021
Imagine your life sucking so many balls that getting an oil change while someone else minds your brat for an hour is considered "me time." If these people lurve their brats so much, why are they always so thrilled to get away from them? Give the fucking kid away if you don't want to be around it, and for fuck's sake, don't have more!

There is no better birth control than stories like this. I'm a lazy introvert and I admit I need a lot of time to myself to regroup, recharge and relax even after spending time with people I care about and like being around. It's a big reason why I don't think I could handle having two jobs - I'd burn out like a match dropped in a puddle. I can't imagine getting so little time for myself.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/m7297y/about_to_go_get_an_oil_change_while_my_mom/

About to go get an oil change while my mom watches my son for an hour. I’m so excited
This is self care these days, isn’t it? I might even get a fancy coffee.
March 18, 2021

About to go get an oil change while my mom watches my son for an hour. I’m so excited
This is self care these days, isn’t it? I might even get a fancy coffee.

Yikes. I consider an oil change a chore/a bit of a hassle. It isn't unpleasant but it isn't something I look forward to. I just made myself a fancy (well, powder mix cappuccino) decaf coffee!
March 19, 2021

He doesn't fucking have to play video games. And that's all he fucking does when he's not working or doing his household chores (which are just taking out the trash, dishes, and litterboxes).

OMG I did more chores than that at freaking five years old. Give me a break with this duh.

This duh seems to have arrested development. This is exactly the kind of behavior I'd expect from a very spoiled overindulged big brother who is old enough to watch siblings but too young to be responsible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login