Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
March 09, 2022
Cambion
Moo had one loaf by a man who disappeared when the "blessed news" was announced, and after getting with another guy, she is up the duff again less than two years later and he will most likely be MIA from her life as well because he seems interested in going back to his other kids' baby mama and he and the author have separated. Moo is worried that nobody will love her with two kids from two sperm donors or her kids will hate her for breeding with two deadbeat men.

Uhh yeah, how's about you worry about not making more unnecessary brats instead of worrying what man will ever love you? Seems like she's got shit taste in men if she keeps breeding with guys who don't want kids. The line about how she feels her purpose in life is to be a mommy is just sad. Really? You aspire to be absolutely nothing beyond your biology and the accidents it causes?

I hope the moron aborts or miscarries and gets on fucking contraception before going penis shopping again. Moo also says she is on the dole and is in dole housing and can't work because there are no daycares available for her current kid. Oh, but she'll totally be okay financially if she has this second unplanned kid. Yeah no, if you are on welfare, you are not okay financially.

She also claims she's not proud to be on assistance, but it sure doesn't seem to stop her from having kids she can't afford. It's like being ashamed of asking for a lower credit card payment because your income is low, but still going on shopping sprees every other day. You have the power to prevent this shit before it happens! Nothing wrong with having lots of sex, but every steamy tryst doesn't have to end with a fertilized egg.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/t9vzjb/single_and_pregnant_again/

I know this title sounds bad, and I’m begging for no judgement please. I posted this in another sub but I’m struggling and need advice from people not connected to me.

I am 25. I have a 17 month old son with a man who left when I told him I was pregnant and has never been involved/met my son. I met a man (36) when my son was 10 months old and we’ve been together since. He has kids that he’s good with and he’s wonderful with my son. He vowed to be there for my son regardless if we’re together. It was long distance for awhile and lately, it’s been rocky and we separated. We did have a night together recently, and I took a plan B after.

Well.. I’m pregnant. I’m 4 weeks, and I don’t know what to do. I believe he has gotten back with his baby mama whom I suspected he was trying to work things out with and that’s part of why I separated. I want to keep this baby.. I truly feel my purpose in life is to be a mom and I have never felt so at peace with anything in my life like I am with being a mother.

I do feel if I abort, I will regret. But.. he didn’t take it well and hasn’t spoken to me in a few days. I fear of being single with 2.. how hard it might be .. how anyone will ever love me.. of my children having a “broken” family.. of having to share this baby... of my son and I bond and whole life changing as a result.. of him hating me... of both of them hating me for there fathers being absent.. that I’m doing this child wrong by bringing it into this situation but I know I will love this baby and do everything I can to give them the lives they deserve.

I am crying as I write this. I can’t sleep. My first appointment is at end of the month and how can I make this decision?

Please don’t be to hard on me.. I promise I already am on myself. Just need advice.

These cows are pathetic. They breed with shitty men, and then get all upset when he won't stick around to help raise the little mistakes. I just don't understand why women do this. How hard is it to fuly check out the person you breed with? shrug

I vetted Mr. Peace thoroughly before I married him, because I didn't want a divorce, past baggage, infidelity, bad debt, troublesome in-laws, or hidden sprogs. These breakingmom cows have no excuse.
March 10, 2022
If I had to guess, these idiot women probably grow up watching their own idiot mothers hook up with absolute losers and figure it's normal. Or they have such low self-esteem and self-respect that they figure they can't afford to be picky and choosy... which, to be fair, is probably at least partially true for Moos because single mommies are typically seen as sloppy seconds/damaged goods. Moos are thirsty and some men will fuck anything - unfortunately, sometimes these people find one another and their sperm and eggs have themselves a hoedown.

I can't imagine this Moo has any self-respect when she views herself as being nothing more than a walking uterus. Women who don't want to do anything but make babies tend to be stupid and/or religious, at least that's been my experience.
March 10, 2022
https://www.reddit.com/r/JUSTNOMIL/comments/tal554/mother_killed_my_baby/

not sure what to make of this one. if the baby died of 'positional asphyxia' I think there would be a police inquiry, to use the brit phrase so I am not sure of the truth of this post. Any input on this??

As such, why these jerks are letting this bitch around the remaining sprogs, I'll never know. If this is true, GIVE THE FUCKING CUNT WHORE GRANDMA A BOOT IN THE KEISTER INTO THE NEXT CENTURY.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

March 10, 2022
Cambion
I can't imagine this Moo has any self-respect when she views herself as being nothing more than a walking uterus. Women who don't want to do anything but make babies tend to be stupid and/or religious, at least that's been my experience.

Me either. I suspect a certain portion of women who think they don't want to do anything but make babies are giving up before they try. Some of them will wind up regretting doing this once they realize what a shit option they've chosen. Especially the ones that were foolish but not stupid. Or the ones who give up any kind of aspirations but chose a man that is crap. I guess it is also really easy to delve into what if scenarios if they never do much of anything in the first place because the imagined possibilities are endless.
March 10, 2022
twocents
https://www.reddit.com/r/JUSTNOMIL/comments/tal554/mother_killed_my_baby/

not sure what to make of this one. if the baby died of 'positional asphyxia' I think there would be a police inquiry, to use the brit phrase so I am not sure of the truth of this post. Any input on this??

As such, why these jerks are letting this bitch around the remaining sprogs, I'll never know. If this is true, GIVE THE FUCKING CUNT WHORE GRANDMA A BOOT IN THE KEISTER INTO THE NEXT CENTURY.

I'm guessing there wasn't an investigation because it could probably be chalked up to an accident and/or SIDS and it probably also did not seem like foul play was involved. So my guess is, legally speaking, it was an open and shut case. Doesn't change the fact that what Grandmoo did was awful - she deliberately ignored her daughter's instructions, and while I don't know for sure if putting the loaf on a pillow truly killed it, Grandmoo still neglected to heed her daughter's instructions about how to care for her child because I'm sure Granny thinks she knows better.

Also, the author said that the deceased loaf in this story was the third infant they have had to bury (neonatal losses she said, so I assume stillbirths or fatal birth complications) along with two miscarriages. What the fuck is wrong with this woman that she keeps having babies when they keep dying? Out of seven pregnancies this woman has had, only two have resulted in kids that managed to live - one was a twin pregnancy, and the other was the replacement loaf for the one the mother-in-law killed. It's entirely possible her most recently deceased offspring was some kind of fucked up and died of SIDS after all given she had two past loaves die in infancy because reasons. Sounds like she might be bad at making healthy brats, so who knows.

Still, she would definitely be smart to not let her mother-in-law around her kids. It's clear Grandmoo is going to do things her way and doing so may or may not have caused the death of her grandchild, so unless Moo wants to plan a fourth loaf funeral, she should go full no contact with MIL.
March 11, 2022
my guess is this whole clusterfuck is one dysfunctional famblee.

these are people that should get the blood hell away from each other but can't and, more is the case, won't.

I heard some cop long ago comment that he hated the holidays because 'people who should stay away from each other come home for (holiday)'. Of course it gets out of hand, the police are called, and then the famblee starts whining about how shitford who got shit-faced (as usual) was abused by the police. ...

side note on this, there was a case in Toledo back in the late 80's involving one of these repeat domestics. the cops would remove the prick and the stupid sow would keep letting him back in. the last time, the prick made the fatal mistake of charging the cops with a knife. yeh, unfair fight..guns vs a knife... (reminds me of a line from the untouchables). The stupid sow sues the police, the police actually countersue for once. Not only does the sow lose her case, the police won theirs. One commented on that 'they know they can never collect (as the sow is trailer trash garbage) but nevertheless, the judgement is now hanging over her'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 12, 2022
Moo is mad that the village didn't step up and help her find her runaway brat in a department store and now she feels the general public is a bunch of selfish assholes. Well what the fuck, lady - you had the fucking staff helping you, it's not anyone's job to help you find your brat that took off! People want to get their shit and get out when they go shopping.

I bet you anything she only asked women to help her too, because as we all know, all men are pedophiles and so she effectively voluntarily reduced her assistance pool by half. I doubt she approached over a hundred people for help either.

I don't knock her for losing her kid because I'm pretty sure all parents lose their sprogs in a store at least once or twice. But if she knew the kid was a "very fast runner," why does she not keep him on a leash? Even non-awtard children will take the fuck off without warning in public, so keep them tethered to you. And it's not the job of the general public to look for a free-range child! That's not being selfish, that's just people trying to not be in public in the heart of a pandemic longer than necessary. The hell does she expect from them if she asks if they've seen her kid and they say no? The only people who have to care about a missing child is the child's family.

I'm not surprised people looked disgruntled - it's bad enough when brats are screaming throughout the store, but hearing it from adults is probably annoying too. Plus, seriously, what child ever comes when their parent calls them? When they hear Moo calling, they do the opposite - run and hide, either because they aren't done being jerks or they don't want to get in trouble. This kid was no exception - he was hiding from Moo.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/tcniel/today_i_learnt_the_hard_way_that_the_general/

I lived every single parents nightmare today. I lost my son in a very busy department store and it was the worst 10 minutes of my life. We were having lunch with my friend and her daughter in a big chain department store. They were playing happily together at the table. Then all of a sudden they both bolted away from their chairs. My friend immediately chased them but lost sight of my son who is a very fast runner. I initially didn't panic as I thought I'd catch him in the canteen. After a few laps he wasn't there and I couldn't see him anywhere. I called for him in my best Banshee voice and couldn't see or hear him anywhere.

Then I felt the worst sinking feeling in the world. I had lost my young son in the biggest department store ever. He is very young with absolutely no sense of danger and this place is situated on a busy road. I frantically asked other customers in the canteen if they had seen him, but they barely acknowledged or seemed bothered. Then common sense kicked in and I spoke to security. They directed me to a staff member who put an emergency call around the store.

I then frantically ran around the store and shouted my son's name constantly. I was met with judgemental or disgruntled looks from other customers. They probably assumed I was the worst mother in the world for losing my son. I did explain the situation but nobody offered to help. They just carried on with their shopping like nothing mattered.

Let me tell you bromos I prayed so hard in that moment. I spoke to another member of staff who was was great and immediately went to look. I was reassured by other members of staff and my son was shortly found! He was hiding in a bed as didn't know how to get back to the canteen.

I can't thank the staff enough but I genuinely felt let down by the general public. I would have offered to help any parent, especially one as visually distressed as myself. I wouldn't have thought twice and helped them search for their child. If it wasn't for the staff then I dread to think of what had happened.

I learnt a valuable lesson today. Not only can I not leave my son unattended for a few seconds, but the general public can be selfish

Edit: I didn't expect everyone to help and know there are good people out there. I was just so desperate and upset in that moment that I just wanted one person out of the 100+ I asked to offer to help. Nobody did and I was so worried I would never see him again. Just made me realise that not everyone cares
March 13, 2022
Cambion
Moo is mad that the village didn't step up and help her find her runaway brat in a department store and now she feels the general public is a bunch of selfish assholes. Well what the fuck, lady - you had the fucking staff helping you, it's not anyone's job to help you find your brat that took off! People want to get their shit and get out when they go shopping.

I bet you anything she only asked women to help her too, because as we all know, all men are pedophiles and so she effectively voluntarily reduced her assistance pool by half. I doubt she approached over a hundred people for help either.

I don't knock her for losing her kid because I'm pretty sure all parents lose their sprogs in a store at least once or twice. But if she knew the kid was a "very fast runner," why does she not keep him on a leash? Even non-awtard children will take the fuck off without warning in public, so keep them tethered to you. And it's not the job of the general public to look for a free-range child! That's not being selfish, that's just people trying to not be in public in the heart of a pandemic longer than necessary. The hell does she expect from them if she asks if they've seen her kid and they say no? The only people who have to care about a missing child is the child's family.

I'm not surprised people looked disgruntled - it's bad enough when brats are screaming throughout the store, but hearing it from adults is probably annoying too. Plus, seriously, what child ever comes when their parent calls them? When they hear Moo calling, they do the opposite - run and hide, either because they aren't done being jerks or they don't want to get in trouble. This kid was no exception - he was hiding from Moo.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/tcniel/today_i_learnt_the_hard_way_that_the_general/

I lived every single parents nightmare today. I lost my son in a very busy department store and it was the worst 10 minutes of my life. We were having lunch with my friend and her daughter in a big chain department store. They were playing happily together at the table. Then all of a sudden they both bolted away from their chairs. My friend immediately chased them but lost sight of my son who is a very fast runner. I initially didn't panic as I thought I'd catch him in the canteen. After a few laps he wasn't there and I couldn't see him anywhere. I called for him in my best Banshee voice and couldn't see or hear him anywhere.

Then I felt the worst sinking feeling in the world. I had lost my young son in the biggest department store ever. He is very young with absolutely no sense of danger and this place is situated on a busy road. I frantically asked other customers in the canteen if they had seen him, but they barely acknowledged or seemed bothered. Then common sense kicked in and I spoke to security. They directed me to a staff member who put an emergency call around the store.

I then frantically ran around the store and shouted my son's name constantly. I was met with judgemental or disgruntled looks from other customers. They probably assumed I was the worst mother in the world for losing my son. I did explain the situation but nobody offered to help. They just carried on with their shopping like nothing mattered.

Let me tell you bromos I prayed so hard in that moment. I spoke to another member of staff who was was great and immediately went to look. I was reassured by other members of staff and my son was shortly found! He was hiding in a bed as didn't know how to get back to the canteen.

I can't thank the staff enough but I genuinely felt let down by the general public. I would have offered to help any parent, especially one as visually distressed as myself. I wouldn't have thought twice and helped them search for their child. If it wasn't for the staff then I dread to think of what had happened.

I learnt a valuable lesson today. Not only can I not leave my son unattended for a few seconds, but the general public can be selfish

Edit: I didn't expect everyone to help and know there are good people out there. I was just so desperate and upset in that moment that I just wanted one person out of the 100+ I asked to offer to help. Nobody did and I was so worried I would never see him again. Just made me realise that not everyone cares

Does this moo really think that every customer should immediately drop what they're doing to find her kid, because she couldn't keep control over him? The post doesn't say what age the son is, but unless he's around 7 or 8, she should have easily caught him, unless she' so damned huge that she can't run herself.

The staff helped her because they're employees of the store and they're getting paid to be there.

So yeah, now she knows that she can't leave her kid unattended because The Village isn't interested in helping you raise your son.
March 13, 2022

I lived every single parents nightmare today. I lost my son in a very busy department store and it was the worst 10 minutes of my life.

Poor thing, to think of all those selfish people who sat there for a whole ten minutes while her brat evaded her. I guess the staff (who ultimately found him) aren't worthy to thank because none of those stranger meanies were willing to drop everything to look for her brat. And it couldn't be that strangers were giving her dirty looks because she was screaming like a toddler, could it? No, it had to be judgement. And she is raizing brats with the exact same attitude of entitlement, which is the scariest part of all.

She may have a more legitimate argument if the brat was missing for, say, four or more hours...but this wasn't the case. And still, call her friends and famblee to look for said brat, not strangers! If strangers dropped everything they were doing in a busy department store every time some parunt looked away for second TM and lost their brat...it would be all they would do.

This idiot is a real piece of work!
March 13, 2022
I'm going to put this here. Mods, if this doesn't belong here, let me know and I'll delete it.

I'm in a Christian womens' FB group, because I was searching for somebody. While they're not in there, I stayed for the shock effect of posts like this. Why, oh why do women marry and breed with these men?? While many replies were telling her to take her kids and leave, there were the Christian fundy diehards telling her to pray for him, change things in herself that he doesn't like, and other such drivel.

This is some serious shit. be warned.

How can I get over my husband threatening to kill me with a knife, when we had a bad argument? I did something that upset him during the argument so he got up from the chair and his eyes changed and he said " Do you want me to kill you ****? I have a knife. ". His eyes looked different full of hate and very scary. What I did was take my laptop which he was logged in still since we we arguing. Even though it was something that had his personal information I don't think his reaction was justified. He snatched the laptop from my hand forcefully. After he said that. I tried not to show any fear even though I was scared because his eyes told me he could do it and my legs were shaking. I felt so heart broken that he would do this over something like this.

After , he sat back down and said that it was my fault , that that's how I want him to act because I don't stop fussing. I was still in shock but I started crying, I couldn't hold back the tears. This reminded me of that time when I was pregnant with our second child and we had a bad argument and he also freaked out like this and threaten me and my mom while my firstborn was just 2yrs old. I told him I would not do something he wanted and asked him to leave and he kept arguing and then freaked out in a rage not wanting to leave and said"tonight there's going to be blood shed". He had the same changed eyes full of hate. That time I didn't report it because I felt afraid and so vulnerable being pregnant. I didn't have any support. He apologized the same and so stayed with him. I regret it till this day.

I dong know what to do. I have two kids with him. were both supposed to be Christians. I forgive him as God says but now the little bit of love I had left for him has gone. This after 12 years together enduring emotional and verbal abuse. Even though we made up and he's still with us here at home sometimes I have flash back memories of that day and I feel so uncomfortable around him. I feel afraid of doing something that will trigger that again. but I feel like I have go be with him , he's my husband and father of my kids. He's been acting normally even more affectionate and patient. But I still fear he would do this again. After that day we have had several more small arguments, emotional abuse but no more threats. Still at night I remember and so I feel so hurt. Idk.what to do. Please advise me. What can do about this. I have prayed to the Lord to help me get over my feelings its just so hard.
March 14, 2022
the justno over in reddit are full of these assholes, male as well as female.
and this will go down another generation as this sheeple moocow will teach this to her own children. you don't forgive something like that. you can but you leave. but you have left no legal trail. he said/she said. it is sad but this sow was stupid her entire life.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

March 14, 2022
Peace
This is some serious shit. be warned.

If she replaced the words in her writing "husband" with "ticking time bomb" perhaps that would get through to her. She could (I doubt she would, because she hasn't in 12 years) make plans to become independent and get out of there but her best bet would be to leave immediately. I doubt she has done a single thing to better her situation, unless venting to others counts.

And her supporters are just pathetic, are they all so brain washed that all they can offer is prayer and asking her how she can change? None tell her to become independent or help her to find temporary shelter? They're likely all under the same or similar circumstances.

Unfortunately I've known lots of women who go through crap situations and just want to vent about it and don't really want solutions to resolve their problems. Then the cycle keeps repeating because venting doesn't help most of the time.
March 14, 2022
Wow, that crap goes beyond just plain old lover's spats - the guy legitimately threatened to kill her twice and she still stayed with him? WHY? Are these women that desperate for cock that they'll risk their lives for it? Or wait, let me guess, the women who stay with these dangerous psychos are in such a position that they have no job, no savings, no income, no vehicle, no skills, no education, no safety net of family and friends, and either have a child with their abuser or are pregnant with his child, usually both at the same time. Their men sever all their potential ties to independence because the last thing an abuser wants is for their victim to make a run for it because then they have to groom a new one.

If they won't leave for themselves, you'd think they'd at least try to leave for their kids so the sprogs don't get wailed on or murdered, or so they don't have to witness it happening to Mommy. Nope, can't do that either, I guess. Her problem is she's forgiving the prick like Gawd intended. Yeahh that's generous and all, but you don't forgive someone who threatens to murder you on multiple occasions. Just because someone is the father of your kids doesn't mean you need to stay with them. Fuck God, think about YOU for a second, lady. God won't protect you from your husband's murderous tendencies and he sure as hell won't improve on his own because he has no reason to.

Christians are a special breed of stupid, so I don't know why I'm surprised.
March 14, 2022
Moo says the current generation of grandparents is "disappointing" because her brats have two sets of grandparents and out of them, the author's mother "only" stops by maybe twice a month for an hour to visit the grandsproggen and she won't babysit at all so Moo and Duh can have a date night. Parents shouldn't be expected to mind their kids all the time - the grandparents need to step up and take responsibility! eye rolling smiley

LOL that's cute. News flash, honey - NO ONE is obligated to watch your children except for YOU. That's why they are YOUR children. Could it be that your own parents have their own lives that they had to wait 20+ years to pursue because raising your selfish ass prevented them from doing so? Could it be they just have other shit to do and don't have more time for grandshit duty? If they reproduced young and their grown child did as well, it's possible the grandparents are still relatively spry and are having fun. It could also be the simple fact we are still getting cornholed by a virus and they want to limit exposure to others.

God, the fucking entitlement. Amazing how many of these heifers will adhere to "no is a complete sentence" when someone else is being a pain in their ass, but when someone tells them no, they get their udders in a knot. Lots of bitching about how the grandparents wanted grandloaves so bad, but now won't help raise them. Ummm, are you still ten years old and still mind your parents, lady? If you don't want to have kids, then don't have kids! Love how they're passing the buck onto the grandparents. Your parents raised their kids (poorly, from the look of it), they are off the hook as far as parental responsibility because you are a legal adult and they can fuck off if they want to.

You want someone to mind your kids, pay a fucking sitter or hire a nanny and shut your hole. What a bunch of fucking whiners.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/te0zug/this_generation_of_grandparents_are_incredibly/

My kids are lucky enough to have both sets of grandparents that are alive, healthy and still fairly young. (Both sets in their 50’s). Well that would be nice if either set made an effort to come see them, right? I’m close with my parents, which makes it even more baffling. On the rare occasion we do see them, my kids cry when they try to interact with them. Then it’s “what’s wrong with them?! Why are they crying?” Um, because they don’t know you.

I have a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old. My mom will stop by MAYBE twice a month for an hour to see them. I’m a stay at home mom, and I’ve stopped asking for help. Back when I asked my mom if she can come over for an hour while I run and get groceries quick (it’s so hard to grocery shop with 2 toddlers) she literally acts like I asked her to watch them for 2 weeks. Me and my husband haven’t had a date night in like a year? Maybe more? Who’s counting anymore. I don’t understand. I spent so much time at my grandparents as a kid, and they asked for us to come over. I feel like so many parents are doing EVERYTHING themselves and that’s why we are so burnt out.
March 14, 2022
Cambion
Wow, that crap goes beyond just plain old lover's spats - the guy legitimately threatened to kill her twice and she still stayed with him? WHY? Are these women that desperate for cock that they'll risk their lives for it? Or wait, let me guess, the women who stay with these dangerous psychos are in such a position that they have no job, no savings, no income, no vehicle, no skills, no education, no safety net of family and friends, and either have a child with their abuser or are pregnant with his child, usually both at the same time. Their men sever all their potential ties to independence because the last thing an abuser wants is for their victim to make a run for it because then they have to groom a new one.

If they won't leave for themselves, you'd think they'd at least try to leave for their kids so the sprogs don't get wailed on or murdered, or so they don't have to witness it happening to Mommy. Nope, can't do that either, I guess. Her problem is she's forgiving the prick like Gawd intended. Yeahh that's generous and all, but you don't forgive someone who threatens to murder you on multiple occasions. Just because someone is the father of your kids doesn't mean you need to stay with them. Fuck God, think about YOU for a second, lady. God won't protect you from your husband's murderous tendencies and he sure as hell won't improve on his own because he has no reason to.

Christians are a special breed of stupid, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

It's all about female enslavement Biblical marriage and how women are to submit to their husbands in every part of life. They're all married young, have no jobs, a litter of kids at age 26 and are trapped with a husband who demands sex every night while doing nothing for his wife. Some of them even have no acces to the family financies and have to beg the man for money. the replies are always, pray for him, divorce is sinful, what are you doing wrong to make hin this way, read The Emowered Wife (or other such claptrap). It's woman shaming for the faults of men. At this point, reading that page makes breakingmom seem tame.

I'll post a few more in here frim time to time.
March 14, 2022
Sometimes you raise your brats and finally get peace and quiet, but then your wind up raising your friend's kid because your friend is useless and homeless. Author was just about to move house with her empty nester husband when her friend's brat is dumped in her lap when the kid's guardian doesn't want the kid back.

But Moo thinks she gets to call the shots from Hawaii where she is bumming around in a car and not having anything to do with her own child. After the kid has an anxiety attack and a meltdown over school, Moo decides she is not comfortable with her child being in counseling and claims that the kid's last school had clandestine counseling for the kid for two years before Moo found out about it. Yeahhh I doubt that. Sounds like Moo doesn't want her kid to say mean things about her to a counselor, so the best way to stop that is to just not let the kid get counseling.

Usually losing your empty nester status is something you have to worry about when your grown brats decide to reproduce and dump the grandshits in your lap. I feel bad for the poor kid, bounced around in unstable homes and already having anxiety attacks in the fifth grade, abused by mentally ill grandparents, probably hasn't had enough schooling to be properly educated for her age. Kid needs counseling yesterday.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/tb2chg/oh_yeah_this_kinship_situation_is_a_shit_show/

Oh ladies. I am going to need to start drinking at age 50.

For those who may not remember my saga: Friend since age of 13 called 4 months ago (after 5 yrs of silence) because she and her 10 yr old daughter are homeless in Hawaii, and mom is facing jail time.

FFW, she arrived at my house a month ago, a temporary respite, while the permanent guardian home recovered from covid. However after the first weekend she visited the other family, they dipped out, said it was too much, good luck. Mom has no plan B. Well I was plan B. There is not plan C.

So ffwd 4 weeks. We have established a routine, things are going fair besides my entire life being in complete upheaval. I am an empty nester. My husband and I spent 30 yrs raising our 3 kids. Now, just when it was "US" and we are about to make a huge life change by moving accross the country, this happens. It has been rough and maddening, but we are surviving.

School started Monday. Wed was the first day she had an anxiety attack in school. She is in 5th grade, and has never learned to write more than one paragraph. Argued with the teacher about it. She is "Not an adult for pete's sake". She then had a meltdown over the online assessment she needs to do to figure out what she has learned and what she missed.

Email from teacher about what happend, and offering to connect K-bug(nickname) with the counselor.

Her mother, currently living in a car in Hawaii, replies with :

"I have concerns about her beginning counseling in the school. At her previous school she was seeing a counselor for 2 years and having interventions in the school before anyone told me about it."

That doesn't happen. I don't care who you are and what state you are at school for. In the US, students have parent teacher conferences a few times a year so the parents and teacher can be on the same page. Any interventions in the school have to be implemented as part of a plan. A behavioral plan, a 504, an IEP. There are legal processes. Nobody just drags someone elses kid into counseling sessions, and works on behavioral changes without looping the parent in.

I was embarassed for this bitch to actually SAY that to the new teacher. I think she just told her everything she needs to about how she supported her daughter for the last 5 grades of school.

I am sooooo angry right now. I feel so sad for this young girl. But we are not doing this indefinately. We are moving. and not moving with someone elses child. I am afraid she will end up in the foster care system after us, but I am not her mother. I was the childhood friend of her mom, and the last person who will still speak to her.
March 15, 2022
Moo hates when people tell her that "it gets better" when it comes to parenting because she is miserable now and has been since before she sluiced. I think by "it gets better," what those parents mean is, "you get beaten down so much and are so tired that you stop caring." Because raising brats does not get better - they stay shitty overall, but they just trade one shitty trait for a new shitty trait as they get older. Like hooray they don't shit in their pants anymore, but they scream constantly for no reason instead.

I've said this before and it bears repeating: breakingmom should be required reading for all high school students in sex education, and anyone of any gender, regardless of whether or not they want kids. As much as we make fun of the idiots in that sub, I like that it exists - not only so they have a little safe haven to bitch about their poor choices, but to show just how awful and not worthwhile parenthood truly is.

And of course we have the old "I love my child, but wish I never had him" chestnut for good measure. eye rolling smiley Because that's how love works, right?

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/tegp9h/im_so_fucking_tired_of_people_telling_me_it_gets/

Big fucking whoop. I’m tired NOW. I BEEN tired since mother fucking week 7 of pregnancy. Honestly if someone would have told me this is THAT BAD, I never would have done this. NEVER. Like I do love my son SO VERY MUCH, but you can’t miss what doesn’t exist!!

He had a rough start to life with severe reflux at about week 6 so he’s used to being SO NEEDY to fall asleep and I am finding it impossible to wean off sleep crutches and he doesn’t SLEEP DEEPLY so I’m rocking him every wake up for an hour plus to get him to sleep deeply enough to transfer.

Both me and my husband are burnt the fuck out. It’s been 4 months of coming home from 10 hour days for him, and both of us just crashing at baby bed time . Spending no time together or having no time for ourselves.

Like yeah ok it gets better but some kids don’t sleep through the night until they’re fucking 3. So great, at best he sleeps through the night in two months. DOUBTFUL, it’ll be more like in 6 months.

We can’t afford daycare so we are just struggling along on my Husbands shitty income alone while I stay home and take care of baby. So we have no money and no time to enjoy ourselves or each other and we don’t fucking sleep.

Why did I want to do this again??? I’m seriously ready for him to schedule his vasectomy.
March 15, 2022
Cambion
Moo says the current generation of grandparents is "disappointing" because her brats have two sets of grandparents and out of them, the author's mother "only" stops by maybe twice a month for an hour to visit the grandsproggen and she won't babysit at all so Moo and Duh can have a date night. Parents shouldn't be expected to mind their kids all the time - the grandparents need to step up and take responsibility! eye rolling smiley

Perhaps a little communication on the part of the moo and duh could have prevented this "frustration"? Exactly how involved in the brats lives are the grandparents going to be? As you're (likely) both working, what is realistic? Did moo think the announcement of a loaf meant: grandparents would quit their jobs, take up a hobby or two and beg to babysit their brats any time they request it? Then moo/duh to be could have decided-if having a babysitter for at least 10 hours a week will make or break them having brats they'd be better off with a pet. Better yet, if moo/duh don't expect to be around their brats 24x7 then perhaps a pet would have been a better choice.

And many people seem to be thrilled at the thought of their brats being encumbered and overwhelmed with brats so that they will learn a new-found appreciation for their own parents and what they went through. Call it a tough lesson on empathy but at the same time no one forced them to sluice. If their parents told them they would appreciate them once they had their own brats, this is what they were referring to. Grandparents may want nothing more than bragging rights, for their brats to appreciate them more and the idea of grandbrats when they feel like being around them. This seems to be much more common than super-involved grandparents. And even super-involved grandparents often complain about their grand brats acting like brats.

My kids are lucky enough to have both sets of grandparents that are alive, healthy and still fairly young. (Both sets in their 50’s). Well that would be nice if either set made an effort to come see them, right? I’m close with my parents, which makes it even more baffling. On the rare occasion we do see them, my kids cry when they try to interact with them. Then it’s “what’s wrong with them?! Why are they crying?” Um, because they don’t know you.

I have a 3.5 year old and a 1 year old. My mom will stop by MAYBE twice a month for an hour to see them. I’m a stay at home mom, and I’ve stopped asking for help. Back when I asked my mom if she can come over for an hour while I run and get groceries quick (it’s so hard to grocery shop with 2 toddlers) she literally acts like I asked her to watch them for 2 weeks. Me and my husband haven’t had a date night in like a year? Maybe more? Who’s counting anymore. I don’t understand. I spent so much time at my grandparents as a kid, and they asked for us to come over. I feel like so many parents are doing EVERYTHING themselves and that’s why we are so burnt out.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that at least one, if not both of these grand parents are still working. Perhaps seeing brats after working isn't their first priority since they aren't the parents, n'est pas? Maybe they are out enjoying their date nights after work and doing everything they missed out on for twenty or so years because they no longer have brats.
March 15, 2022
Cambion
Moo hates when people tell her that "it gets better" when it comes to parenting because she is miserable now and has been since before she sluiced. I think by "it gets better," what those parents mean is, "you get beaten down so much and are so tired that you stop caring." Because raising brats does not get better - they stay shitty overall, but they just trade one shitty trait for a new shitty trait as they get older. Like hooray they don't shit in their pants anymore, but they scream constantly for no reason instead.

And of course we have the old "I love my child, but wish I never had him" chestnut for good measure. eye rolling smiley Because that's how love works, right?

There are lots of comments from moos on this conversation, all pikachu face and shocked at how hard it is to be a moo. And, of course, no one ever told them!
March 16, 2022
freya
There are lots of comments from moos on this conversation, all pikachu face and shocked at how hard it is to be a moo. And, of course, no one ever told them!

I'm guessing it's a mix of the crabs in a bucket mentality and fear that complaining about being a mommy out loud to a non-parent might make the Moos look like assholes because heaven forbid, someone might think she's a bad parent if she doesn't love every moment of her shit life.

So how is it that childfree people figured that stuff out without needing to reproduce first?
March 16, 2022
cambion, freya.. these people know, they just choose to be willfully blind.

how did we? mostly we observed. what people said vs what they actually did. including the lying about 'blessed events' breeding. again, what they said vs what actually happened.

in short, they LIE. big time. the ones that fall for it are the ones who believe the lie despite seeing all the evidence for being cf. whining moos. bed. made. lie

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

March 17, 2022
I know you guys are right, it just amazes me how they believe the lies. Even when they see first-hand and with their own eyes what a shitshow it is being a parent, they will just say that they're gonna do things differently and that awful life won't happen to them because they won't let it, and they're gonna keep all their hobbies and friends and personality in spite of reproducing.

And then they turn into those same miserable mommies who they swore up and down they'd never become. A LOT of people don't figure out they don't want children until after they have them, at which point it's too late to do anything. That, or I think some people want to have kids, but they don't want to be parents, if that makes any sense. They want the right to brag about their offspring and enjoy a few Kodak moments now and then, but they don't want to engage in the shitwork involved in raising a child because when people get all starry-eyed about making loaves, they think it'll bring them closer to their partner and it'll just be back-to-back cute moments with a stroller thrown in.

Nobody - absolutely nobody - daydreams about the joys of changing the 15th diaper of the day because the child has explosive diarrhea and shits down its legs, or sleeping two hours per week, or having a brat that is allergic to every fucking formula in existence and won't suck a tit, or having to melt down in the parking lot because there isn't a single pack of diapers in town and your only option is to pay ten times as much for a pack on Craigslist, or the huge wedge being driven into their relationship with their partner because the brat prevents them from spending time together as a couple, or spending three hours trying to get the fucker to eat a tablespoon of food, only for them to puke it back up (on you, usually), or being covered in every bodily fluid imaginable and you just get so used to it that you don't even care that you have someone else's shit in your hair and someone else's urine down your shirt. This isn't even a comprehensive list - this is like the first two weeks of the loaf's life! And it does not improve - it changes, but not for the better. Parenthood is like freeing yourself from quicksand and immediately stepping into wet cement, and then into tar once you get out of the cement - you overcome one issue and sink into another. Or even worse, you stay stuck in quicksand and someone starts handing you cinder blocks because your life just doesn't suck enough. Then you just stay stuck there, under too much weight to escape, but not enough weight to kill you.
March 17, 2022
Peace
Cambion

Does this moo really think that every customer should immediately drop what they're doing to find her kid, because she couldn't keep control over him? The post doesn't say what age the son is, but unless he's around 7 or 8, she should have easily caught him, unless she' so damned huge that she can't run herself.

The staff helped her because they're employees of the store and they're getting paid to be there.

So yeah, now she knows that she can't leave her kid unattended because The Village isn't interested in helping you raise your son.

When my nephew was really little he used to take off in stores and disappear and freak the hell out of my sister. This happened kind of often. She never blamed anyone. It was just the fact that he enjoyed running and hiding in stores. I'm sure she probably had to ask people if they saw her kid, but she's not the kind of person to berate someone for actively not wanting to be involved.

My nephew grew up to be a stand-up guy and he's my favorite out of the entire bunch of nieces and nephews. Then again, his mother was a PNB and both her kids turned out to be really decent.
March 18, 2022
mumofsixbirds
When my nephew was really little he used to take off in stores and disappear and freak the hell out of my sister. This happened kind of often. She never blamed anyone. It was just the fact that he enjoyed running and hiding in stores. I'm sure she probably had to ask people if they saw her kid, but she's not the kind of person to berate someone for actively not wanting to be involved.

My nephew grew up to be a stand-up guy and he's my favorite out of the entire bunch of nieces and nephews. Then again, his mother was a PNB and both her kids turned out to be really decent.

I remember doing this and after I was older seeing lots of other kids do it too. I suspect it is normal and the moo is catastophizing. I don't think moo's kids will grow up to be like your nephew though.
March 18, 2022
I really hope someone on the fence reads your very graphic and accurate portrayals of the day in a life of a parent and opts out completely of child rearing Cambion. One can hope, at least.

Cambion
Nobody - absolutely nobody - daydreams about the joys of changing the 15th diaper of the day because the child has explosive diarrhea and shits down its legs, or sleeping two hours per week, or having a brat that is allergic to every fucking formula in existence and won't suck a tit, or having to melt down in the parking lot because there isn't a single pack of diapers in town and your only option is to pay ten times as much for a pack on Craigslist, or the huge wedge being driven into their relationship with their partner because the brat prevents them from spending time together as a couple, or spending three hours trying to get the fucker to eat a tablespoon of food, only for them to puke it back up (on you, usually), or being covered in every bodily fluid imaginable and you just get so used to it that you don't even care that you have someone else's shit in your hair and someone else's urine down your shirt. This isn't even a comprehensive list - this is like the first two weeks of the loaf's life! And it does not improve - it changes, but not for the better. Parenthood is like freeing yourself from quicksand and immediately stepping into wet cement, and then into tar once you get out of the cement - you overcome one issue and sink into another. Or even worse, you stay stuck in quicksand and someone starts handing you cinder blocks because your life just doesn't suck enough. Then you just stay stuck there, under too much weight to escape, but not enough weight to kill you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login