Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
May 27, 2022

But let’s face it: The true value of everything moms do, whether they work at an official job or not, is priceless.

I suppose that's true. You just can't put a price on the wonderful things mothers do. Things like doing ALL of the drugs while pregnant and giving birth to an addicted infant. Or pretending like she doesn't know her fuck of the week is molesting her toddler. Or telling her suicidal teenager to "get over it" because she doesn't want to take the kid to a doctor and chasing sympathy when the kid ODs on something. Or very obviously playing favorites and treating one child much much better than the other one. Or using their child as a pawn in a divorce to hurt their ex, even if it harms the child too. Or raising a child with so much sheltering that they cannot function in adulthood. Yep, truly priceless.

How about this: check back with childed families in 20 years and if the kids turn out okay - like they don't shoot up any schools or don't require long-term therapy to unfuck their brains - cut Moos a check. Not for the amount they think they deserve, but something because rewarding good work seems fair. But if the parents fuck the kid up and it turns into an adult fuckup, Moo can get bent. I only propose this because I know about 98 percent of mommies would not wind up getting paid. Doing a job and doing a GOOD job are very different things, and I think a lot of Moos do the bare minimum and then wonder why their kids are so fucking difficult to deal with.
May 31, 2022
MOTHERHOOD IS SOUL CRUSHING!!! (sux to be you asshole sow) I also think this jerk should seek thereapy..could be a little ppd here but that was never me...

proves breakingmom is a bottomless pit of schaedenfreude

Why is it sold as being this amazing, fantastic, positively life-altering thing. I always thought that when I became a mother I would be happy. I’m not. I’m a single mother with a deadbeat ex. I gave up so much to look after my son, and I’m dead inside. There’s nothing left to give. I’m drained 24/7, I hate everything and for added fun, I’ve had this existential dread since he was born. I never thought about anything like that before but motherhood showed me a darkness in life that I wasn’t ready for. Oh, and I wanted to sit and watch my favourite tv show for half an hour but no, my 15 month old starts throwing tantrums now so I can’t hear the tv. I wish I was never born

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

May 31, 2022
and why don't you throw this mental out... you knew it was a mental when you spread and bred...if I have this right.

...and for his first 30 days I can only see him if I go to the church the rehab takes them too. So yesterday I was there and I told him I was proud of him and that I'm so glad he's mine. And he looked sad and said "I bet you wish you had kept the receipt."

He's adopted so that's where that comment came from. He's always had mental health issues. Lots of them. The meth started after his child died. I know things aren't easy for him. I popped off with "I burned that fucking receipt years ago." In front of the church and rehab people. (I feel like Hannah Gadsby saying "at the dog park." Google it, if you're not already a fan, it's hilarious. But I digress.)

I don't want a receipt you asshole. I want you to be healthy. I'd like you to not scream at me high on meth. I'd like you to be a fucking father. I'd like for your oldest kid to be speaking to you. Shit, I'd like to be able to die at some point without wondering if you're going to go to prison again.

He wasn't a baby when he came to me but he's MY baby. Jesus chickenfried christ, get your shit together. And fuck your receipt and the horse it fucking rode in on.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 31, 2022
and lastly for the end of may... another one who walked into a cesspool with her eyes (and legs) wide open...

My partner just got fired from his job for getting wasted and threatening his boss. Cops showed up at my door at 12am after he passed out on the couch and made me take responsibility for him making sure he wouldn't use his phone until he was sober and told him to call work in the morning not to go in.

He was mad last night because i was upset he is back to drinking every other day and being a fucking asshole. This is the shit he pulls. Acts like a drunk prick, does fucked up shit, hates himself and swears he's done with drinking this time is different and right back on it less than a week later. Last week he ruined my birthday with this bullshit.

We have basically nothing for the baby. No furniture at all. No carseat or stroller. We have clothes and a few diapers. I have $200 saved.

Our rent is going up in September when the baby is due. We live in a one bedroom. I'm going on maternity leave for a year at the beginning of September.

His response to all of this is that he's going to kill himself. Fuck my life. My poor fucking child coming in to this. Dead beat father and idiot mother (wow, finally a sow who realizes what an ass she is) who puts up with this. I should leave him but I have literally no where to go. No family, no friends I can stay with. My only option is a shelter which is honestly sounding pretty good right now. (congratulations! you have become either a government welfare whore or a bottom wage earner)

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

May 31, 2022
twocents
MOTHERHOOD IS SOUL CRUSHING!!! (sux to be you asshole sow) I also think this jerk should seek thereapy..could be a little ppd here but that was never me...

proves breakingmom is a bottomless pit of schaedenfreude

Why is it sold as being this amazing, fantastic, positively life-altering thing. I always thought that when I became a mother I would be happy. I’m not. I’m a single mother with a deadbeat ex. I gave up so much to look after my son, and I’m dead inside.

This has to be one of the dumbest reasons ever to have brats, to make a person happy? Did she spend a few hours around brats or did she live in a cave for five years and just build up some weird fantasy based on those Kodak moments she knew were waiting for her? No, kids do not as a rule make adults happy, not by a long shot! Anyone who says this should be regarded with the highest of suspicions.

As far as life altering, this I can agree with 100% - but life altering isn't inherently positive!
May 31, 2022
Cambion

But let’s face it: The true value of everything moms do, whether they work at an official job or not, is priceless.

I suppose that's true. You just can't put a price on the wonderful things mothers do. Things like doing ALL of the drugs while pregnant and giving birth to an addicted infant. Or pretending like she doesn't know her fuck of the week is molesting her toddler. Or telling her suicidal teenager to "get over it" because she doesn't want to take the kid to a doctor and chasing sympathy when the kid ODs on something. Or very obviously playing favorites and treating one child much much better than the other one. Or using their child as a pawn in a divorce to hurt their ex, even if it harms the child too. Or raising a child with so much sheltering that they cannot function in adulthood. Yep, truly priceless.

If these were rare events it may be different. But these are more common than a healthy, well-adjusted child who grows into a mature adult.
May 31, 2022
I was considering posting the thing about the drunken husband too. I'm sure this asshat was a drunk before Moo got herself pigged up, and she's somehow surprised that he continues to drink away his days. News flash, pumpkin: men do not change their bad behaviors when they're about to become fathers. If anything, they will immerse themselves even further into those vices once the calf drops because not only will they have to deal with a screaming wife, but a screaming baby too.

If the fucker is threatening suicide, I'd call his bluff. This is verbal abuse and emotional manipulation 101. My ex pulled that shit with me when he heard through the grapevine I was thinking about leaving and I fell for it the first time. Second time he threatened to kill himself if I left, I told him good, I wouldn't miss him (big shock, he did not go on a killing spree with his katana and then commit seppuku like he threatened to do). People who are genuinely and truly suicidal generally will not blurt it out like that, and abusive motherfuckers use it as a tool to control their spouses. It's a dirty rotten tactic, but it also happens to work because emotionally insecure and vulnerable people will freak out thinking they could be responsible for their partner's death.

And heyyyy what a shock, Moo has no money, no family, no friends, nowhere to go, absolutely fucking nothing. Why do these women put themselves in such precarious financial positions where they become fully dependent on their husbands/boyfriends? I'm sure they think they're in wuv and it's gonna last forever, but it is never a bad idea to have your own income and your own bank account. If this woman had even the tiniest shred of a brain cell, she'd give the brat up for adoption since she clearly is woefully unprepared to care for it, not to mention the potential dangers of exposing a newborn to a violent drunk. What about this man was endearing enough to convince her to fuck him? A deep sexy voice? A huge penis? Distant relative of a celebrity? Odds are this woman had no self esteem and she decided to move in with the first idiot that paid her any attention for five seconds.

I can't with these women. What the hell kind of a life is this kid gonna have? You know Moo won't ever leave because Duh will just promise to get sober and go back to his old ways repeatedly, and she'll believe it every single time. And if she seriously seems like she might be getting ready to leave, he'll threaten to kill himself. He won't help with the brat, and the times he does pay attention to it, he'll be an asshole to it and then blame his drinking on the kid. Moo will find money to haul them to couples counseling because she will mistakenly believe the relationship is worth salvaging, then Duh will stop going because he doesn't like that Moo and the shrink "gang up on him" and are "mean to him" (translation: therapist calls him on his bullshit). Lather, rinse, repeat for years and years. Child grows up thinking this is perfectly normal and either becomes a drunk abuser like dear old Dad or becomes a doormat like Mommy.
June 01, 2022
sorry she was abused. but typical stupid little girl who thinks breeding to 'prove I'm a better maaawwwmiiiieee' only just perpetuates the crap. (see very last sentence) well done bitch. you have managed to pass this down the generations.

I was raised by an emotionally manipulative, covertly narcissistic mother who played the victim all her life and taught me that you win at life by crying and blaming others and threatening to die and wailing at one god or the other. My parents behavior damaged me, not just emotionally but they caused actual financial harm to me as well. I try really hard not to be my mother, I do my best to give me daughter something better than what I had but sometimes I get so angry and I wish my tongue would fall off…I start talking in anger and end up just saying mean things…like telling her she needs to listen, she doesn’t appreciate me, I’m on my last straw…I feel alone and what more can I do…just random bs like that. And the truth is yes I am a single mom, my parents left me stranded in a foreign country with not a single penny, and I’ve had to build my own empire. That I work a lot and I provide all great things I can to my kid but I’m also sex-less and lonely and I’m 28 and sometimes all I want is to be held and to be bent over on a kitchen counter by a lovely man. Instead, I can’t go to the gym, I don’t have time to date, my daughter and I leave the house at 8 and come home at 7 p.m. I give her my whol attention at that point but I know it’s not enough so she fights to sleep, still manages to co sleep goes to bed at 10 some days and gives me trouble waking up. Anything I say she has a comeback too. It’s either her way or the highway or the consistent loud crying and yelling…and sometimes I can’t be the good mommy who talks in a calm tone sometimes I just need her to listen now. At that moment. I wish my tongue could stop. I wish I wouldn’t just keep grumbling…what can I do? She even tells me she hates me lol I’m so tired. I feel so fugly and stupid and unloved and it comes out on her at times. I need to stop. What do I do? I don’t want to cause her the damage my mom caused me.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

June 01, 2022
see highlight: but you spread and bred with a pos you would not marry because of his problems. proves how stupid moos are because all of them will start lowing and bellowing about how sperm donor would not step into the moo fantasy of playing house. the stupidity is beyond reason

it is literally the most annoying god damn thing. i’m not with my sons father and haven’t been since right before the pandemic started, but we still see each other everyday and coparent just in separate households. the money issues was a huge reason i dipped out. i would have NEVER married this dude because of his money issues. i’m a pretty frugal person as i grew up in a household with both financially irresponsible parents so it’s a huge trigger for me. a huge source of anxiety for me. he knows all this.

i’m selling my vehicle and i asked him to help me clean it up for pics. so he goes out and spends helllllla money on these expensive detailing products. like wtf. some $5 armor all wipes would have sufficed. then yesterday he brings me a humongous bag of string cheeses from costco. i mean i guess the thought is nice, but i get food stamps that cover all our monthly food costs and i don’t even like the string cheese costco sells. they always get slimy before i can finish even half the pack. it’s just me and my child in the home. so it’s going to go to waste. (i hate waste). he’s always sipping on $6 lattes. always has new vaping shit. etc etc

it is infuriating to hear how he complains about being broke. like HELLO duh dude. then he gets all bitchy with me when i save up a lil and buy a flight to go see a friend in another state. pouting like “i never get to do anything”. like bruh nobody is stopping you except yourself and your shitty lack of any budgeting.

he keeps getting higher paying jobs and he’s still broke af. on top of his $2k+ monthly VA check. like get it TF together you’re almost 40 bro. we used to fight about this so much when we were together, especially when i was pregnant and terrified of the future, he’d be broke as shit but then spend $5 on cans of huge red bulls. it’s 5 years later and ain’t a damn thing changed. we never felt like a team or a unit because of it and it honestly hurt me really bad. i’d constantly be brainstorming with him ideas on how to make more money, side hustles, how to save money, apply for assistance programs. stuff like that. and he just could not care less, almost like i was annoying him. so i left. i couldn’t take it anymore. and i don’t regret leaving.

eta: yes he has adhd. unmedicated. won’t even entertain the idea of trying a medication because he “took ritalin in elementary school a few times and didn’t like it”. so. ya.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

freeloading breeder
i mean i guess the thought is nice, but i get food stamps that cover all our monthly food costs

Yet they seem to be rolling in money. Why is this useless fuck not paying child support if they "coparent every day"? If she can "save up for a plane ticket" she can pay for her own fucking food like I do.
June 02, 2022
toraneko: this bitch knew this asshat had problems, unmedicated adhd... and she chose to breed with it. bed. made. lie. but everyone is paying for her stupidity.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

June 03, 2022
It's almost like they don't realize that breeding is Preventable and Optional. sign 'I'm with stupid'

Great to know a whole new generation is being "raised" by these idiots.
June 04, 2022
What a fucking soap opera. Moo and her soon-to-be-ex still live together and he has already moved his new fuck of the week into the house. With Moo still there. He ignores the brats in favor of video games and won't feed them, and the "homewrecker" (who is an ex-fiance) ignores the brats too, which makes sense because they aren't hers. LOL I think this home was wrecked long before this other chick moved in.

But Duh wants custody, most likely to not pay brat support, but he refuses to give up his parental rights because shrug. From other things she has shared, she has a druken, mentally abusive husband who changes his behavior juuuuust long enough to make her reconsider leaving, but she's a lesbian? She is also disabled and cannot work - not too disabled to make some kids, though, because they never are.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/v4pzie/a_quick_lil_scream_about_my_stbx/

He was in the kitchen this morning, finding something for himself to eat, while our 5-year-old sat in the room with him patiently waiting for me to come downstairs because he knows Daddy isn't likely to feed him.

I helped the 3-year-old down the stairs and we walked into the kitchen together. Their dad didn't speak a word to either of them. Just left immediately to go play video games.

He ignores them at all times and doesn't give a damn about feeding them or changing them or wiping their butts but he thinks he deserves full custody because he has money and every once in a while he occasionally gets in a mood to do something fun with them. I'm so furious this morning. At least this time he waited to see that I was awake and available for the kids' needs before he got on video games.

And according to this separate, but similar thread from this same user: https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/v0it7l/my_life_a_bad_reality_tv_show/,
Duh and the new piece won't brat-proof things except the doorknob, which is used to keep the sproggen away from them. Why did this man have childREN (not one single child, but more than one) if he is so disinterested in dealing with them? Moo also says Duh is intentionally trying to keep Moo in the house so he has to pay neither child support nor alimony.

To the shock of nobody, Moo of course has no job, no money, nowhere to go and no support network, so even if she does leave, there is nowhere for her to leave to.

My soon-to-be ex-husband moved his partner in and they're having a lovely time living together, I guess. I still don't have the means to leave yet. I'm not having a lovely time living together with them.

They won't childproof their room, but they also won't watch the kids to keep them out of things (particularly their dad, who obsessively plays video games and ignores the kids). So I can't leave their goddamn bedroom because the kids want to watch his video game and someone has to keep the toddler out of EVERYTHING IN HERE. Every time I leave to take a moment for myself I come rushing back to get the toddler out of cat/dog food or the litterbox.

I just pulled him out of the litterbox and bathed him, and he came right back into this damn room, and STBX still has not looked up from his game.

I know I should just give up and make the kids leave the room and lock the door, but dad and new partner stay locked in their room the majority of the time--I'm at least TRYING to give the kids a chance to fucking see and speak to them. The kids love them so damn much and are desperate for a shred of their attention.
June 06, 2022
wonder if this one knew what she was getting. or 'you have to save maah baaaahbeee'...

her life is over and she knows it.. beautiful soul my ass

My daughter is severely medically complex, with global delays. She cant walk talk, eat by mouth. She’s such a a beautiful little soul and I love her more than anything, but all of the medical stuff sucks the absolute life out of me. She will forever be dependent on me. I miss who I was. I gave up everything to care for her. It’s not what I envisioned parenthood to be like. I envy people who watch their kids grow up and blossom and become independent. I resent my husband for getting to work, and keep his peace and identity intact. He’s a wonderful father but doesn’t feel the impact of this life like I do. I’m a terrible person.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

June 06, 2022
another breeder moron who misuses childfree term. and just a moron

I gave my husband the entire weekend child free and he didn’t do a single minute of cleaning

House was messy when I left because I did not have time to clean before taking little one and myself to my sisters house. He had most of Friday, all of Saturday and Sunday without us home. I’m home now and he’s at his friends. House is still trashed as it was before, with an added snack mess by the couch. Good grief. I helped my sister clean and organize her garage all weekend now I get to spend Sunday night cleaning. For fucks sake.

Edit: now that I’ve cooled off you all deserve a little background info. Copy and pasted from a comment I left because easier

In all honesty he’s been going through some traumatic stuff with work (without giving too much info he works with autistic children and when I say traumatic I mean extremely fucked yo traumatic) and has has severe depression anxiety and adhd for years. I’ve finally succeeded in getting him to go to a dr and that appointment is this week, I’m praying his dr will give him some depression/anxiety meds that day. He is a shell of a human right now. I’ve seen him struggle so much and the empathy outweighs the anger most days. And he got sick over a month ago and still is trying to recover from that. So there’s that on top of it all.

There is so much more to the situation that what I posted, it almost feels unfair of me to post only what I did.

We have been on the brink of separation for a month now. I honestly think he will not take care of himself and possibly die (not exaggerating) if we separated and I love him too much to see that happen without attempting dr help first.

Anyway. Times are tough.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

June 06, 2022
bed made lie. dumb c**t

Isn’t there supposed to be like a gene that makes you respond with compassion to your kid’s crying?

Because I don’t fucking have it. When my 1.5 yo daughter cries and whines, which she is doing all the fucking time, it seriously feels like nails on a chalkboard and makes me so angry I feel like I’m about to explode, and it takes me a long time to calm down afterward. I feel like I can tolerate it, tolerate it, tolerate it, and then out of nowhere, it’s like it just hits this certain point and I just want to scream.

I thought a mom was supposed to be “biologically programmed” to respond with care to her baby’s cries and im feeling very less-than because apparently I don’t have it?

pardon me while I go and choke I'm laughing so hard at the stupidity of this little girl

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

June 06, 2022
twocents
sorry she was abused. but typical stupid little girl who thinks breeding to 'prove I'm a better maaawwwmiiiieee' only just perpetuates the crap. (see very last sentence) well done bitch. you have managed to pass this down the generations.

I was raised by an emotionally manipulative, covertly narcissistic mother who played the victim all her life and taught me that you win at life by crying and blaming others and threatening to die and wailing at one god or the other. ........I feel so fugly and stupid and unloved and it comes out on her at times. I need to stop. What do I do? I don’t want to cause her the damage my mom caused me.

Did you have a brat to prove you could be a better mahm than your emotionally manipulative, covertly narcissistic mother? It seems to be a common theme with those who are abused...they escape and either find and/or create their own new abuser. Their determination quickly fades, often within the first few months of being around the loaf. Doesn't seem to be working out well, does it?

You could have avoided it all. Teach if you love children and want to make a difference in their lives. Children go home at nights to their parents, or at least you can call someone in authority if they don't.

Volunteer at one of many kinds of things and make an improvement in the lives of many.

Or live like a hermit and don't be responsible to further contribution to the deterioration of the planet.

All these things are better than having brats, especially if you go on to whine about the lack of FREE: paruntal leave, daycare, calledge, insurance, whatever else. And gashhhh, parunting is sooo expensive..as if you are the first one on the planet to discover this. All the parunts who want the free are stupid because none of that stuff is free.

The only limits to the positive you could have done other than breed are what you allow yourself to imagine, which frankly isn't much.
June 06, 2022
twocents
see highlight: but you spread and bred with a pos you would not marry because of his problems. proves how stupid moos are because all of them will start lowing and bellowing about how sperm donor would not step into the moo fantasy of playing house. the stupidity is beyond reason

it is literally the most annoying god damn thing. i’m not with my sons father and haven’t been since right before the pandemic started, but we still see each other everyday and coparent just in separate households. the money issues was a huge reason i dipped out. i would have NEVER married this dude because of his money issues. i’m a pretty frugal person as i grew up in a household with both financially irresponsible parents so it’s a huge trigger for me. a huge source of anxiety for me. he knows all this.

Her entire whine is about his lack of frugality and I bet her ex is really confused. Let me guess, he was painfully frugal until they sluiced? Something tells me he is the same spendthrift as he always was. If that is her red flag why didn't she identify his spendthrift ways within a date or two? Did she whine about his spendthrift ways while screwing him silly? Or did she post on Fakebook about how generous he is and add pictures of everything he bought her while they dated?
June 06, 2022
Cambion
What a fucking soap opera. Moo and her soon-to-be-ex still live together and he has already moved his new fuck of the week into the house. With Moo still there. He ignores the brats in favor of video games and won't feed them, and the "homewrecker" (who is an ex-fiance) ignores the brats too, which makes sense because they aren't hers. LOL I think this home was wrecked long before this other chick moved in.

But Duh wants custody, most likely to not pay brat support, but he refuses to give up his parental rights because shrug. From other things she has shared, she has a druken, mentally abusive husband who changes his behavior juuuuust long enough to make her reconsider leaving, but she's a lesbian? She is also disabled and cannot work - not too disabled to make some kids, though, because they never are.

Moo (in her own words) used to be good friends with the new girlfriend and moo likes that she cleans the house.
I think the disability laws should be changed...if you breed while on disability no more welfare of any kind. I wouldn't make it retroactive but it would definitely be active for any future brats...we don't need people getting inpig while on disability.
June 06, 2022
twocents
another breeder moron who misuses childfree term. and just a moron

I gave my husband the entire weekend child free and he didn’t do a single minute of cleaning

In all honesty he’s been going through some traumatic stuff with work (without giving too much info he works with autistic children and when I say traumatic I mean extremely fucked yo traumatic) and has has severe depression anxiety and adhd for years.

Newflash to moo: adhd and severe depression/anxiety typically do not transform a duh into a rabid cleaning machine. If anything, he only contributes to the mess worsening. Adhd often results in a very messy slob. I haven't known that many people with adhd but the few I have known have used it as an excuse to be a slob.

When you were dating was it cute to have sex on tops of piles of clothing on his bed? Were you in awe of his ability to discern which piles were clean versus dirty clothing and other items?

Or perhaps his floor was littered with crap you had to push out of the way? Perhaps he claimed his adhd makes it difficult for him to see the messes. Bet it unfazed your childfree self then. Maybe you should have listened/observed before marriage and the sluice. Even the best duh and brats mean cleaning all the damn time, as in every day. All those people in one space really mess it up quickly even if they make reasonable attempts to keep the mess under control. If any of them are too young or use adhd as an excuse it snowballs until one very fed up moo gets stuck with all of the mess.
June 06, 2022
twocents
bed made lie. dumb c**t

Isn’t there supposed to be like a gene that makes you respond with compassion to your kid’s crying?

Because I don’t fucking have it. When my 1.5 yo daughter cries and whines, which she is doing all the fucking time...BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

I thought a mom was supposed to be “biologically programmed” to respond with care to her baby’s cries and im feeling very less-than because apparently I don’t have it?

It isn't biological you fool, it is called mahma's little helper and I'll let the Rolling Stones (1966) define it, because some things never change:

Jagger Mick and Richard Keith
What a drag it is getting old
"Kids are different today, " I hear every mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day
"Things are different today, " I hear every mother say
Cooking fresh food for her husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake, and she burns a frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day
Doctor, please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
"Men just aren't the same today, " I hear every mother say
They just don't appreciate that you get tired
They're so hard to satisfy, you can tranquilize your mind
So go running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And four help you through the night, help to minimize your plight
Doctor, please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
"Life's just much too hard today, " I hear every mother say
The pursuit of happiness just seems a bore
And if you take more of those, you will get an overdose
No more running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
They just helped you on your way, through your busy dying day
Hey

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-zxBNz3XbM

Why is this the first time I'm hearing this song? eating popcorn dancing band playing music
June 06, 2022
freya
Did you have a brat to prove you could be a better mahm than your emotionally manipulative, covertly narcissistic mother? It seems to be a common theme with those who are abused...they escape and either find and/or create their own new abuser. Their determination quickly fades, often within the first few months of being around the loaf. Doesn't seem to be working out well, does it?

I've noticed that too. A big reason a lot of people (namely women) reproduce is to prove that they will be better mothers to their offspring than their own mothers were to them. Yeah but see, the problem with this is none of these woman go to shrinks to unfuck their heads from the years of damage done by mentally abusive parents prior to breeding. They just jump head-first into the derp end and assume they will magically be better parents because the acknowledge they were raised badly. Then they wind up fucking up their own kids because they haven't worked through their own trauma.

I firmly believe you cannot take care of someone else properly until you take care of yourself first, mental health included. Some people may call this selfishness, but if you don't take care of yourself a little bit, you're running on fumes and there is no way you can properly care for someone else. It's one of many reasons I never wanted to breed - my grandma fucked up my mother, my mother fucked me up because of how she was raised, and I'll be damned if I make a whole new human being and fuck them up too. That bullshit ends with me.
June 08, 2022
Not exactly the same place, but I regret having children on FB is one horror story after another.

I truly do not understand how a woman who doesn't want kids can be "talked into" having kids. I truly cannot understand fucking without protection. Ever. The thought of getting pregnant was always enough to kill my libido DEAD. I was always somewhat nervous anyway and I didn't truly relax until my tubal ligation and then my hysterectomy. Anyway, here's a story about a man who screamed for baybees, then didn't want anything to do with the resultant loaveS. (Yes, plural, and this is a COMMON thread on that page.)

These women all sing the same tune and MANY blame their husbands for their predicaments.

“I deeply regret having children and hate them more than anything
I (F/26) am a mother of two children (M/4 and F/2). Although I never really hated the thought of having kids in my life, I never actually WANTED to have them (like I really said "yes I want kids now")
I'm married to my husband (M/28) for six years now and I can't even leave him, although he's the reason I feel like this.
I don't try to make this all my kids fault. It's not their fault we brought them into this world and it's mostly my horrible decision to let my husband convince me that motherhood is beautiful and great. However, I can't deny that I hate them more than anything in this world.
It was him who REALLY wanted to have them and after he desperately asked almost every day to try for a baby, I gave in. I got pregnant with our son first. It was a hard birth (41 hours or labor) and I ended up having a C-section. The scar is ugly, fat and very visible, because it healed even worse than expected. Our daughter was a natural birth (16 hours or labor) but my vagina ripped up to my clitoris which made me numb to any touch down there.. I can't feel anything when I'm getting into intimate moments with him and I hate my body so much. I have stretch marks everywhere, sport didn't help getting my pre-pregnancy shape back and I just feel like a piece of shit when I look into the mirror.
Even worse is my mental state. My husband works all day, I decided to be a stay-at-home-mom when we had our daughter and I'm overwhelmed by all of this. I struggle with depression every day, I have to keep the kids busy, do all the work at home and have no support when my husband gets home, because he's so tired. He promised me to help raise our children with me but I ended up in a love and almost sexless marriage with two children I hate so much, overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do and I see no way out of this.
I feel like I can't do this more than a year anymore and I'm seriously afraid I'll kill myself.
EDIT because I see many people giving great advice for me:
I tried having a job but it didn't work.
My husband doesn't care for this children, he won't look after them, he is not a dad for them, he's a stranger.
I had the second child because our contraceptives failed and abortion is not allowed where we live
Divorce is no choice because if I get full custody, have to work AND have to care for the children I didn't want. I simply hate being a mother. I don't want them around me. If my husband gets full custody, the children will rot with him or he'll give them away. Put them up for adoption. He won't be a father
We don't have the money for daycare, that's why I'm a SAHM and they need at least one parent who cares to get proper education and grow up to be decent humans. It's not their fault they exist and I can't make it up to them.
I can't wait until my oldest is in school. I don't have the energy to do this until he is”.

Emphasis mine. Um, what? How are they going to "grow up to be decent humans" when she cannot stand the sight of them?
June 08, 2022
Cambion
I've noticed that too. A big reason a lot of people (namely women) reproduce is to prove that they will be better mothers to their offspring than their own mothers were to them. Yeah but see, the problem with this is none of these woman go to shrinks to unfuck their heads from the years of damage done by mentally abusive parents prior to breeding. They just jump head-first into the derp end and assume they will magically be better parents because the acknowledge they were raised badly. Then they wind up fucking up their own kids because they haven't worked through their own trauma.

Most of the time even messed up parents do some things right and have a certain level of sanity. Based on this, perhaps it may be reasonable to assume that there are many parts of being a parent that are miserable? And maybe some parents were pretty darn happy before they became parents and only became miserable afterwards? I don't know why some overlook that and go straight into wanting to prove anything to anyone. Have they seen how many parents are delighted when their kids have kids and tell them that they will learn first hand how to appreciate the efforts their old meany parents made? This statement in itself is messed up because it isn't reasonable to expect a child to appreciate the efforts a parent make, they have little to no concept.

Cambion
I firmly believe you cannot take care of someone else properly until you take care of yourself first, mental health included. Some people may call this selfishness, but if you don't take care of yourself a little bit, you're running on fumes and there is no way you can properly care for someone else. It's one of many reasons I never wanted to breed - my grandma fucked up my mother, my mother fucked me up because of how she was raised, and I'll be damned if I make a whole new human being and fuck them up too. That bullshit ends with me.

Some may call it selfishness but you're not depriving anyone but yourself of brats. So, it comes back to whether or not you want them. Also, good parents take care of themselves first before having kids. Realizing you may not make a good parent is way better than assuming you'll be a good parent.
June 08, 2022
bell_flower
Not exactly the same place, but I regret having children on FB is one horror story after another.

I truly do not understand how a woman who doesn't want kids can be "talked into" having kids. I truly cannot understand fucking without protection. Ever. The thought of getting pregnant was always enough to kill my libido DEAD. I was always somewhat nervous anyway and I didn't truly relax until my tubal ligation and then my hysterectomy. Anyway, here's a story about a man who screamed for baybees, then didn't want anything to do with the resultant loaveS. (Yes, plural, and this is a COMMON thread on that page.)

I'd bet he brought up wanting brats prior to their marriage. If not, she definitely rolled double snake eyes and despite that she still could've walked away as a divorcee with her uterus/sanity still intact. I detest divorce but I detest brats and abuse more than divorce. And her husband was successful in pushing her into having brats, which doesn't exactly speak well for his character. It isn't that surprising that he doesn't parunt.

I don't understand how a woman who doesn't want kids can be talked into it either. I've dated men who wanted kids and told them I'm not having any and they seem stunned. It became a thing where they would bring it up in conversation often. This gets old quickly, so I ended the relationships. It wasn't so much that I couldn't have a discussion, it was that they knew my stance and felt the need to attack it even though I wasn't engaged or in a serious relationship with any of them. It was more about it being inappropriate to bring up, similar to why I don't get into arguments with strangers about their lifestyles. It isn't that different then having a significant other who is always pushing you to eat liver even though you've mentioned repeatedly you hate it. It is stupid and pointless. I knew it would get worse. I've also avoided dating men I really liked because I knew they wanted kids. Why go there?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login