Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Yay! Babies!" No matter what the situation

Posted by bell_flower 
"Yay! Babies!" No matter what the situation
May 08, 2020
I've never regarded birth as a miracle. Environmental issues aside, which to me makes it an ill-advised decision, I've never understood people who are all "yay babies!" in the stupidest of situations. Even when I've kept my mouth shut about it, it has cost me some friendships, because apparently when one is female, some people expect you to be THRILED about an upcoming birth, regardless of the specifics of the situation.

I thought we could share our egregious examples:

Situation 1: A former friend of mine has a stupid bint for a daughter. She got married to a guy that nobody approved of, and they split up AT THE THREE MONTH MARK. They got back together and liked each other for five minutes and of course conceived Mistake #1. They were rocky again by the time the kid was born and in true Breeder fashion she got knocked up with #2 shortly thereafter. (I'm not saying the daughter wasn't an asshole, for reasons that are too long to explain here, but just to give you an idea of what an asshole this guy was, some of the problems were because kid #1 was a girl and so was kid #2. He kept telling her if he had A SonTM their marriage would be better.)

My friend was like, YAY ANOTHER BABY, and I was like, um, is this good news? I thought they were having problems. My friend informed me that they were in marriage counseling and the daughter "wasn't the type to get divorced," and she was "really determined to make it work." They split up for good when the loaf was six weeks old. Both have remarried and of course bio Dud refuses to pay chyld support. He knocked up some other woman immediately and had The Correct Gender chyld and expects his daughters to be free babysitters. (Or at least the older one, who was like 6. Real responsible to leave a six year old in charge of a baybee so you and Wifey#2 can go drink.)

Situation 2: One of my friends has been crying on my shoulder for some time about a relative of hers. The relative had two kids by two baby daddies and was embroiled in a legal situation with the dad of #2, who was suing for custody. I got to hear all about how unfair it was and how the system was rigged and she lost custody. It later turned out that she lost her kid for good reasons, namely irresponsibility and drug use. And now the same relative is pregnant with baby #3 by yet another baby daddy and as a bonus! she has a scary genetic disorder where most people are dead prior to age 40. To my friend's credit, she realizes her relative is trash, but the relative's mother is all YAY BABIES. Jeebus, people are stupid.

share yours!
Re: "Yay! Babies!" No matter what the situation
May 08, 2020
I don't get this mindset either. I think it stems from the belief some people hold that babies are inherently good even if the circumstances are bad. Being pregnant can be a bad circumstance, but the baby is seen as a "silver lining." Oh, you got pregnant while heavily using drugs, getting blackout drunk every day, not having a job and being married to a physically abusive asshole? Well at least you have a cute baybee to look forward to!

It's kind of like how puppies and kittens are good no matter what. People just see these cute little creatures they want to cuddle and that's as far as their thought process goes. They don't think about the work that will go into caring for those cute little creatures that will eventually get bigger, only when people outgrow their now-grown dogs and cats, they just throw them away, whereas it's not so easy to dispose of a child when the novelty has worn off.

Pregnancy could be the WORST thing to happen to a woman for a number of reasons (no money, high risk, living with abuser), and someone will still jump for joy over it because they see a fetus as a little glimmer of hope in a dark, depressing world. Probably because it's not their baby. If they were having a baby and not watching some other sap have one, they'd probably have less rosy thoughts about the "joy" of having a loaf at a bad time.

So the short version is just that people are dumb.
May 09, 2020
About 6 months ago, one of my colleagues' idiot moocher son (around 30) was on welfare, homeless and crashing on her couch. But then he suddenly moved in with some desperate twat - and now colleague's going to be a grandma! Woo-hoo!

That poor child. I'm pretty sure all they're thinking about are the $$$ from the government.
May 09, 2020
Fortunately, I don't hear that sort of thing, because the people I talk to are a bit more rational. Even when they like children they recognize bad ideas.

My mother was telling me about a relative who is pregnant with #2 (split up with baby daddy of #1, is living with her parents, has mental disabilities that will probably keep her unemployed). My mother agreed that grandparents should tell her no more babies if she wants to keep living there, and was definitely not thrilled about #2. One grandparent is not all that thrilled either, and sees it as something that is going to make their lives harder, but the other is ditzy and probably thinks it is great.
May 09, 2020
I am very lucky that both of my sibling's pipsqueaks are CF. The Foster brat was prone to tubal pregnancy and couldn't hang on to a clump to save her life. Foster is now my age, and babies are likely well past possible, so I don't have to deal with this shit.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 09, 2020
And I'm sure I have asked before: Why so many? Why not stop at 1 or 2 or NONE?

Every time I see a news report about a food box line the parents always say: "I got 4 kids", I have 5 and another on the way". Seriously, why have that many?

Right now, I have to feed myself and my 90 yo mother and the reason I don't need a food box and can afford to buy at a supermarket is because I don't have any kids. I just buy basic food now to make a quick trip. I can remember growing up in a family of 5 kids, how much work grocery shopping was, so glad not so much now.
May 09, 2020
I get my groceries delivered to me cuz I'm very high risk with this Covid shit. The shortages are most likely caused by runaway breeders too.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 09, 2020
bell_flower
and expects his daughters to be free babysitters. (Or at least the older one, who was like 6. Real responsible to leave a six year old in charge of a baybee so you and Wifey#2 can go drink.)

In grade and high school, one of my friends served her mom and stepdad as a free babysitter. The mother had two children by her first husband, an older son and my friend, then remarried and had a third child with the second husband. The third child had severe mental and physical retardation. She was nonverbal, and seemed only minimally aware of her surroundings. She was confined to bed or a stroller. I met my friend in third grade, and by that point she was already babysitting her younger sister on a regular basis. I'm not sure what their age difference was, but the younger sister was physically (although muscularly underdeveloped) not much smaller than us, and my friend was expected to care for her completely, changing her diaper, everything. As my mother put it, she was babysitting when she was still young enough to need a babysitter herself.

The brother was two years older than us. In all the years I knew them, I never knew of him babysitting or even being asked to.

My friend moved out for college and we started losing touch, though I got back in touch with her years later and learned that her parents had finally put the younger sister in a home. I don't know how many years passed between my friend moving out and them deciding they couldn't care for their third child anymore, but I'm guessing not many. I expect as soon as it was clear she had moved out for good, they started the discussion of what to do with the younger girl.
May 10, 2020
Man, I have too many stories to mention! I am so happy I've made it to my 40's and can look at all of these trainwrecks and feel smug. Yeah I'm an asshole but after years of bingos it's so satisfying to be CF and peering over the virtual fence into their miserable lives. For example, my mom used to compare me to a relative and tell me that I was basically a failure and a loser in comparison. Fast forward 20+ years and relative is saddled with kids and doing the whole live in the burbs with mom and dad nearby - you couldn't pay me to have her life! So many people I know are stuck in our crappy hometown because of sprogs.
May 10, 2020
I thought of another one. I frequent the business of someone who has a daughter who is in her early 20's. The daughter married a military guy and moved to wherever he was stationed. The marriage broke up within the first year because she caught him running around on her and sexting other women.

She wisely came home but not-so-wisely, got pregnant immediately by some other dude. So now she's still married to guy #1 and about to pop a kid in June in the middle of a pandemic. (She's not married and the loaf is taxpayer financed while she lives with Grandmoo.) Grandmoo is naturally "very excited" about this and they are having a big Moo day celebration. thinks someone else is crazy hitting head against a brick wall
May 23, 2020
Yup, I don't get it either. Friend's daughter who is an alcoholic and mated with an alcoholic dick who has anger and mental disorders, just gave birth to a baby who has severe birth abnormalities; to the point where the doctor had advised abortion rather than carrying to term. Friend is gushing about this all over the net and people are falling for it.

Half the time these two clowns have no place to live.

This kid is doomed and I made no comments about it on her Facebook post. I find this absolutely sad and tragic.
May 24, 2020
mumofsixbirds
Yup, I don't get it either. Friend's daughter who is an alcoholic and mated with an alcoholic dick who has anger and mental disorders, just gave birth to a baby who has severe birth abnormalities; to the point where the doctor had advised abortion rather than carrying to term. Friend is gushing about this all over the net and people are falling for it.

This kid is doomed and I made no comments about it on her Facebook post. I find this absolutely sad and tragic.

Yet there is no way this couple can be spayed and neutered. Why is it so easy to get that for our pets but not ourselves? Oh, wait, vet offices walls are not plastered with baby pictures everywhere.
May 24, 2020
About 6 months ago, one of my colleagues' idiot moocher son (around 30) was on welfare, homeless and crashing on her couch. But then he suddenly moved in with some desperate twat - and now colleague's going to be a grandma! Woo-hoo!.. Medusa

Poor communities, no wonder they suffer more from the CCP virus. They pack people in like sardines because that's all they can afford. And many of them are these welfare sows and their sperm donors.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 24, 2020
mr. neptune
mumofsixbirds

Yet there is no way this couple can be spayed and neutered. Why is it so easy to get that for our pets but not ourselves? Oh, wait, vet offices walls are not plastered with baby pictures everywhere.

The reason we can't be spayed and neutered unlike dogs and cats is because children are an easy way to control the human population and continue the endless wars the GOP are so fond of.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 24, 2020
It's a real-life Jerry Springer situation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login