Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Less Mothers Day yammering this year?

Posted by randomcfchick 
Less Mothers Day yammering this year?
May 10, 2020
At least that has been the case for me. People are too distracted by the pandemic, and besides...the places that usually do the big-ass brunches aren't open. Moms are stuck at home with their families.

I figured I'd hear tons of whiny and/or "contemplative" bullshit about that very situation...but it's been pretty quiet in my neck of the woods. How about everyone else? Anyone else notice the Mothers Day entitlement was toned down?
Re: Less Mothers Day yammering this year?
May 11, 2020
It's mostly been confined to back-patting on FB and mama "challenges" of sharing pictures of their boring lives. What else can they do?
May 12, 2020
There was that one restaurant in Colorado that opened for Mother's Day and was jam packed.
May 12, 2020
I noticed even the comics in the paper didn't have the usual slog of moo related funnies, and the ad flyers really didnt have moo stuff plastered all over everything as much, ya know...all those adoring pics w/ little kids dressed up looking up lovingly at their model moom.
May 12, 2020
I did notice.

Kind of nice, actually. I could go shopping for groceries or to the drugstore and not have a cashier say Happy Moo Day to me.

Yeah.
May 12, 2020
I'd lock those cunts up 365 days a year.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 12, 2020
Okay, so it wasn't just me!

I mostly just saw some sappy fb posts (along with some that said "hey, we know Mother's Day is hard for some people, we see you"). No cashiers tried to wish me Happy Mother's Day, either. I wonder if they were glad to just focus on their jobs and avoiding the plague.
May 13, 2020
Gotta wonder if the shine of being mawm is wearing off with all this pandemic stuff! I noticed less of it online this year.
May 13, 2020

It's mostly been confined to back-patting on FB and mama "challenges" of sharing pictures of their boring lives. What else can they do?

I saw that stupid "post 10 days of being a Mama pictures" and "challenge" your friends who also didn't think to use birth control. I had a little more respect for one of my friends who cut it down to three days because "10 days is too long." Amazing that someone would actually edit herself but she also has two grown kids. It's always amusing to me when cows with freshly baked loaves or small kids go ON AND ON about how Moohood is the greatest thing ever in that know-it-all, smug way*. Wait until the hormones wear off and you have a terrible two toadler or a defiant teen and we'll see.

I did notice a lot of less noise this year and it was great: no mindless "happy Moo day" crap. Other pandemic benefits too: I had to take one of my animals to the vet the other day. They come to your car to get the animal and you wait in your car. The parking lot was empty and I had a flashback to the 70's, when you could actually go somewhere and not be covered up with people all the time.
May 13, 2020
All special interest groups are being pretty quiet, which is refreshing. That's one silver lining to the pandemic.
May 15, 2020
bell_flower
The parking lot was empty and I had a flashback to the 70's, when you could actually go somewhere and not be covered up with people all the time.

Speaking of, someone mentioned that the world population is currently 7.8 billion. I was surprised that we are already that close to 8 billion. In the not much more than four decades I've been alive, the world population has nearly doubled. The year I was born, it was just under 4.3 billion, and this was the late 70's. That is an INSANE amount of growth. People where I live are always complaining that there's not enough housing, etc. but the city I live in was built in the 1600s. We can't just keeping building and building, there are limits to what we can do. WHY we can't have the population discussion without it turning into an argument about eugenics or "why don't you kill yourself then? DURRR" - I don't know, but between that realization and seeing how dumb people are acting under COVID is further making me think humanity is fucked sooner than later.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login