Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Customers harass teenage employees for ice cream

Posted by LoveToLurk 
Re: Customers harass teenage employees for ice cream
May 19, 2020
yurble
freya
I don't understand this either. And, let's add the almighty cell phone to the mix. Because it isn't possible to spend 30 minutes or an hour outside without the phone in tow. Double points for the morons who try to steer brats, dogs, and talk on their phones at the same time.

I walk a little over a mile to the trail nearby. Many, many people drive (with their cars full of crap, dogs, and brats).

Why not escape the phone for a little while and enjoy nature?

I hate those people too. Here they are mostly men alone with their bluetooth headphones, marching along the path as if it is just one more thing they need to check off on their list of tasks for the day. The only good thing about them is that they are usually alone, so I can pass them without having to go off the path. I don't really care if they want to be oblivious to the nature around them, but their shouting on the phone spoils things for other people.

I do carry my smartphone everywhere I go, although for the most part that is just to the doctors and the grocery store. At the doctor's, I some times have to wait a long time to see the doctor, even if I arrive on time. The phone allows me to read articles without taking the risk of getting sick for six months thanks to someone else's germs. As for going to the grocery store, that phone will often be carrying my shopping list (before covid 19). After 19, I started using Instacart as I would be dead if I caught Covid 19.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 19, 2020
craftyzits
yurble
I hate those people too. Here they are mostly men alone with their bluetooth headphones, marching along the path as if it is just one more thing they need to check off on their list of tasks for the day. The only good thing about them is that they are usually alone, so I can pass them without having to go off the path. I don't really care if they want to be oblivious to the nature around them, but their shouting on the phone spoils things for other people.

I do carry my smartphone everywhere I go, although for the most part that is just to the doctors and the grocery store. At the doctor's, I some times have to wait a long time to see the doctor, even if I arrive on time. The phone allows me to read articles without taking the risk of getting sick for six months thanks to someone else's germs. As for going to the grocery store, that phone will often be carrying my shopping list (before covid 19). After 19, I started using Instacart as I would be dead if I caught Covid 19.

Carrying a smartphone while doing errands is not the same thing as having a loud conversation into your headset while charging along a forest path, oblivious to the people who are trying to enjoy nature. For that matter, bringing your smartphone with you while you're on a walk is not the same thing as making a business call while you're on the trail.
May 19, 2020
Around here we are getting the families that have obviously never gone on a walk in their lives, because they have no idea what the rules of the road or the trails are. I’ve stopped using the community walking trail for jogging because of how clogged up it is. “On your left” is a completely foreign concept to these people. I started using the street instead, and it’s just as bad there. Large families, with their strollers and multiple sproggen, walking with the flow of traffic rather than facing it, so that people going the correct way have to constantly go further into the road to dodge them. Didn’t we all learn that pedestrians walk against the flow of traffic in elementary school?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
May 19, 2020
There is a long trail here near here. In the middle of it is big convenient parking lot. This morning a guy was at the picnic table talking loud on a cell phone, ruining the entire area for everyone else. I stopped going anywhere convenient with these people around. I have no idea why they are like this or why people put up with it, but they do.

Last Sat DH and I saw a guy in his 60's flying a drone in a cemetery like a kid with a kite
May 19, 2020
LoveToLurk
Around here we are getting the families that have obviously never gone on a walk in their lives, because they have no idea what the rules of the road or the trails are. I’ve stopped using the community walking trail for jogging because of how clogged up it is. “On your left” is a completely foreign concept to these people. I started using the street instead, and it’s just as bad there. Large families, with their strollers and multiple sproggen, walking with the flow of traffic rather than facing it, so that people going the correct way have to constantly go further into the road to dodge them. Didn’t we all learn that pedestrians walk against the flow of traffic in elementary school?

No, we didn't. I didn't learn the rules of the road until well into high school and I did so accidentally by reading (I did a lot of recreational reading in school). Admittedly my education was a tad different and several subjects went missing as they were replaced by simple rules of society most sprogs absorbed instinctually (autism). Rules of the road aren't taught in school and you can be damned sure breeders won't teach shit to their shitlings. Little recreational readers are even more scarce than they were in my day.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 22, 2020
One thing good about the lockdown is that the pahrunts are being forced to interact with their sprogs for a change.

Then there's the other extreme, but a lot of them are rediscovering the joys of booting the brats out to play instead of being helicopter parents. I've actually seen kids out playing! In their yards! The duhs and moos are willing to risk the little darlings getting kidnapped (or hoping for a kidnapping).
May 22, 2020
JoJo
One thing good about the lockdown is that the pahrunts are being forced to interact with their sprogs for a change.

Then there's the other extreme, but a lot of them are rediscovering the joys of booting the brats out to play instead of being helicopter parents. I've actually seen kids out playing! In their yards! The duhs and moos are willing to risk the little darlings getting kidnapped (or hoping for a kidnapping).

Reminds of this story: The Ransom of Red chief

Click here to login