Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sprogcare in trouble due to C-virus

Posted by cfdavep 
Sprogcare in trouble due to C-virus
May 16, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/child-care-industry-coronavirus-no-bailout-congress-151403238.html

I wonder if this will drive moos out of the workforce and back into the home
Re: Sprogcare in trouble due to C-virus
May 16, 2020
Why the fuck are any kids in any daycare right now? Daycares were petri dishes on their best days before all this shit started, and I'm seeing things emerge in recent news that coronavirus may cause a major inflammatory disease in only children.

This may very well be the death knell for daycare because there are two kinds of parents: the kinds who will be too afraid to send their kids to daycare at all and the kinds who don't give a shit and help further spread coronavirus, resulting in more or longer shutdowns. I imagine there's no bailout money for daycares because even though they require licensing/certification, I think they're still kind of seen as private/independent businesses, so they might not count as "official" businesses.

I wonder if there will be an increase in workplace daycares because of this. For the essential employees who actually have to leave the house, that is. Perhaps more generations will live under the same roof so Meemaw can mind the brats every day while Moo and Duh go to work.

All I can say is I'm fucking glad I don't have to worry about where to store my sprogs while I work.
May 16, 2020
You can bet the GOP will force women out of the work force if something happens to brat care.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 16, 2020

Why the fuck are any kids in any daycare right now? Daycares were petri dishes on their best days before all this shit started, and I'm seeing things emerge in recent news that coronavirus may cause a major inflammatory disease in only children.

I saw that too. At least people might actually shut their yaps about how COVID-19 isn't that big a deal because it doesn't affect kidsTM. I was really getting tired of hearing that, particularly because it showed a lack of critical thinking. The virus was fairly new when this was being said.

I can only say this here, but is this really so bad? Lowing aside, if parents realize they cannot subcontract out the job of having kids, maybe they will have fewer of them. I personally have been in the workforce for close to four decades and I have lived through the family friendly bullshit, when parental requests for time off are considered holy and beyond reproach, but if you are single or not childed and want to use your earned vacation, be prepared for the third degree.
May 17, 2020
Cambion
I wonder if there will be an increase in workplace daycares because of this. For the essential employees who actually have to leave the house, that is. Perhaps more generations will live under the same roof so Meemaw can mind the brats every day while Moo and Duh go to work.

I fear what is going to happen is more bringing kids into the workplace. White-collar workers already feel emboldened to let their conference calls be interrupted by their little beasts, and in the future they'll demand to just be able to bring them into the office, or else work from home. Meanwhile, the working poor will have no options other than letting their kids run feral, or stashing them in a back room at their place of employment with candy and phones to keep them quiet. And of course illegal daycares will proliferate, probably mostly run by moos with too many kids of their own and therefore no opportunity to work outside their homes, and because the child to carer ratio will be high, and there will be no vetting, there will be increased child deaths and molestation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login