Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The anguish of having to wait to see a grandchild

Posted by yurble 
The anguish of having to wait to see a grandchild
May 29, 2020
Once again, breeders manage to make covid-19 all about them. Nevermind the people who have lost loved ones, ‘We grieve’: the anguish of not seeing a new grandchild amid the pandemic. Seeing the grandchild is delayed. And this merits the use of the word 'grief'? Good grief.
Re: The anguish of having to wait to see a grandchild
May 29, 2020
Ugh. I hate it when people co-opt grief for their first world problems. You haven't lost anyone, you attention seeking ass.

If it's a newborn baby, you should not be hanging around anyway, as it has no immune system. Fuck off.
May 29, 2020
Meanwhile, I have a friend whose GF has attended (virtually, because pandemic) EIGHT funerals since JANUARY. Four of them were covid-related. Anybody who thinks they're grieving because they can't hold a baby needs to be slapped with a reality check.
May 29, 2020
Breeders will be breeders!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 29, 2020
What they mean is grieving the inability to see a freshly shat grandloaf in person, because I'm POSITIVE the parents have flooded every fucking social outlet they can with hundreds upon hundreds of photos.

Besides, we all know that if a breeder wants to do something they shouldn't right now, they'll find a way to justify it because as we all know, rules are for everyone except breeders. If someone really wants to see or show off a new grandshit, they will.

And shut the fuck up about grieving. What a bunch of pussies. Some people are trying to bury their loved ones right now and others have lost their jobs, possibly for good. But noooo, let's piss and moan because we have to wait a little while to hold a babby!
May 29, 2020
There will be no lifting of this quarantine because even if there is a vaccine no one but the tiniest number of the 1% will ever afford it. This isn't simply a pandemic, this is an economic genocide. Only the 1% will survive, they and a few servants.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 30, 2020
Cambion
Besides, we all know that if a breeder wants to do something they shouldn't right now, they'll find a way to justify it because as we all know, rules are for everyone except breeders. If someone really wants to see or show off a new grandshit, they will.

This article is from the UK, where Dominic Cummings has been in the news lately. He's a government minister who drove across the country during quarantine, with his wife, who supposedly had covid-19 symptoms. The story keeps mutating, but in the end, it boils down to them being entitled. At first he said that they needed to take their kid to the grandparents because if both he and his wife fell ill, they wouldn't be able to parent. Of course people pointed out that his sister lives nearby, and the kid could be a vector for his parents, and this was explicitly against guidance. The government tried to back him up by saying "It's what any parent would do!" but people weren't having it. The police stated that his actions clearly violated the stay-at-home order, which prevented people from traveling to a second home.

He tried to entrench by claiming they'd stayed at their second home, distancing. But then locals started reporting that he'd gone out sightseeing with his wife to Barnard castle. He claimed to have been having vision problems and was making the 30 mile drive see if he was fit to drive back to London. (Not exactly the recommended eye test.) It was a mere coincidence that his wife came with him, and it happened to be her birthday. He's still refusing to resign, the prime minister hasn't fired him, and people are getting really pissed off because they've been adhering to the rules under much more difficult circumstances (like loved ones dying).

Clear evidence that entitled people will do whatever they want, and when they're caught at it, they'll try to use their child as an excuse.
May 30, 2020
craftyzits
There will be no lifting of this quarantine because even if there is a vaccine no one but the tiniest number of the 1% will ever afford it. This isn't simply a pandemic, this is an economic genocide. Only the 1% will survive, they and a few servants.

I have no particular love of the elite, nor any belief in their humanitarianism. And I absolutely believe that certain elements will exploit the situation to promote creeping authoritarianism (like Orbán), reducing human rights, and increasing economic uncertainty. But I think your specific predictions are unfounded for several reasons.

1. Even in Italy, where older people were left to die, the death toll was about 7%. So even fully unchecked, covid-19 isn't going to wipe out the masses.

2. Most of the rich are old fucks. And men. They are therefore at higher risk if the disease circulates through the population. Everyone knows that vaccines for diseases with a human-to-human transmission vector require herd immunity to be effective. Otherwise, the virus has opportunities to mutate, and can eventually infect those with the vaccine.

3. The US isn't the only country developing a vaccine, and there are still countries where the elite are still somewhat constrained. If the vaccine is developed in Germany, for instance, through public funding, there will be legal limits on the profits that can be made.

4. There are currently over 100 vaccines in development. You cannot make me believe that every single company that can manufacture the vaccine will form a cabal to ensure price-fixing. I'm pretty sure at least one of them will spot profit and undercut their rivals.

5. Even if those with the first vaccine try to block alternatives through intellectual property law, there are countries which simply don't give a fuck about IP law. But in any case, international law (Doha declaration on access to essential pharmaceuticals) already permits cheaper versions of life-saving medications to be produced in developing countries, and India, for instance, has significant manufacturing capabilities. While I have plenty of criticisms of Modi, his demagogy, unlike Trump's, rests not only on (a) boosting his country's reputation in their minds, but also on (b) not killing his supporters. If there's a vaccine, India will definitely be producing it, whether they developed it originally or not. In such a scenario, I don't really see the rich countries sitting back and letting their citizens die while people in developing countries are protected, because it violates their hierarchical view of the world.

Until a vaccine is developed (assuming one is possible), poor people will die disproportionately. But this does not imply that a vaccine will be withheld. I'm far more worried about the anti-vaxxers and their influence, with their Plandemic and Bill Gates conspiracy theories.
May 30, 2020
yurble
craftyzits

I have no particular love of the elite, nor any belief in their humanitarianism. And I absolutely believe that certain elements will exploit the situation to promote creeping authoritarianism (like Orbán), reducing human rights, and increasing economic uncertainty. But I think your specific predictions are unfounded for several reasons.

Yeah, 99% of humanity is not going to die off from this virus. The body count is already inexcusably high, especially in the US, but no way is it going to hit 7.7 billion.
May 30, 2020

Once again, breeders manage to make covid-19 all about them. Nevermind the people who have lost loved ones, ‘We grieve’: the anguish of not seeing a new grandchild amid the pandemic. Seeing the grandchild is delayed. And this merits the use of the word 'grief'? Good grief.

Anguish at not seeing a healthy baybee for a little while? And grief? These people need to get a serious grip.

People with sick relatives cannot see them. People are dying alone and scared. How about a little perspective from these Breeders who are making it All About Them as usual?

It must be easy to be a journalist these days. Find any current event story, even one that is not directly related to kyds, and figure out a way to crowbar Breeders and Kyds into any conversation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login