Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents take seven year old sprog to protest

Posted by cfdavep 
Parents take seven year old sprog to protest
June 15, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/news/just-don-t-understand-them-154241268.html

....and are horrified that the sprog got pepper sprayed. At least commenters are blaming the parents for thinking rioting was a sprog friendly activity
Re: Parents take seven year old sprog to protest
June 15, 2020
I’m guessing the parent planned to use the kid as a shield, thinking that nobody would ever dare attack a child. But the cops either didn’t see the kid amongst the adults, or didn’t care that he was there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
June 15, 2020
as someone who would be there if I weren't too old and infirm to go, I must say---a protest event is NOT interchangeable with a "riot".Most people feel they must go to demonstrations to have their voices heard and are not anticipating being the recipients of violence/teargas. Much less do they care to inflict violence, as in a "riot". These days, I would not take a child this young. Although possibly I would have in days gone by. Just saying. Language counts, IMHO
June 15, 2020
I saw this in the news too. No one is immune to violence during protests or riots, not even brats. If you don't want your kid to get maced, shot, gassed, punched, tackled, or cuffed, then don't bring them to a fucking protest because the police won't make exceptions for kids.

Even if it's supposed to be peaceful, the police can and do very easily change that. Everyone's complaining about the meanie-head cops that maced the kid, but why are the parents not being brought up on charges? It's not like it's a secret that protests can become dangerous when the police start using crowd control tactics and willingly subjecting a child to that potential danger should warrant charges on the parents. Sure the kid didn't get seriously injured, but the parents intentionally put him in a situation where he was a target.
June 16, 2020
In this particular situation I'm sure they knew that getting tear gas or pepper spray was a possibility. It shouldn't be that way but it is. However, I hold the people who attacked the child with pepper spray entirely responsible for the attack. It's like the situation where a woman is walking alone at night and is raped. 100% of the responsibility for the attack is on the rapist, who chose to commit the crime. The woman is not to blame for what happened to her. At the same time, most women would probably choose to avoid being in that situation if possible, because we recognize the gulf between what should be the case (everyone can walk freely) and what is (women are at risk of violence). On that basis, the breeders shouldn't have brought the child, but they are not to blame for what happened.

More generally, I don't agree with bringing children to protests because young children are just mimicking adults, so it is using a child to further your own agenda. I feel that way whenever I see children participating in forced-birther protests, which I very much disagree with, so it would be hypocritical if I didn't see it the same when when it's a cause I agree with, like BLM.

They don't need to be adults before they can have a say (after all, they live in the society even if they cannot vote), but until they are requesting to go to protests on their own, they are just a prop for the adults. And I say that as someone who was the kind of child who was politically active, but by my own choosing.
June 16, 2020
side note: interesting talk this morning, haven't checked the stats out, but the police departments with the highest number of brutality complaints are also union outfits.
It has a bit of logic to it: same way schools can't get rid of horrible teachers because of unions, the PD can't get rid of bad cops, also due to unions.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login