Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some parents shelling out big bucks to send kids to summer camp

Posted by selidororous 
Some parents shelling out big bucks to send kids to summer camp
June 20, 2020
OK I realize most breeders were forced to be locked up at home with their kids during the pandemic - then "homeschool" the brats - now this:

Parents are sending their kids to $150,000 'enrichment' summer camps

Some parents are admitting that after homeschooling their kids for so long, they can’t handle the stress of entertaining them during the summer as well.

Can't they just let Status Symbol Ford and Status Symbol Rella just crash in their bedrooms with their damn mobile devices all day long?
How the fuck are camps getting away with even holding sessions right now? Resident camps and day camps across the country are canceling their seasons because maintaining social distancing, etc is fucking impossible in a camp setting and they don't want the liability.

Aside from that...it sounds like the main clientele are people who're rich and accustomed to shipping their kids off to muckity-muck richie camps for most of the entire summer, and can't handle having that not happen. So I am not surprised.
Re: Some parents shelling out big bucks to send kids to summer camp
June 21, 2020
I find the suffering of these parents so... delightful!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 21, 2020
Sounds like some people anticipated the parents hating the kids being home and decided to cash in on it. I can only assume that some of these camps are less than legit, but if these breeders are desperate enough to pay $150K to get rid of their kids for ten days, then quality control probably isn't high on their list of priorities.

Article
More than anything, parents say this will be a sense of normalcy for their children and a much-needed opportunity to socialize, so it’s worth every penny.

Ohhh so it's all "for the children" is it? Mmhmm sure, if you dry that one out, you can fertilize a garden with it. Earlier in the article, they come out and say parents can't hack homeschooling and don't want to deal with their own brats all summer long too.

Tell me again how worth it all this is? This virus is still going strong and claiming lives, and parents are demanding to be legally allowed to violate all social distancing protocol and stick tons of kids together in close quarters so they don't have to see the fuckers for a while. Not to mention kids seem to not show COVID-19 symptoms, so all it would take is one sick fucker to infect the whole camp, and those kids would all go home and infect their families, who would infect their co-workers, and then we'd have another surge of cases.

So it sounds like they're just sending kids to states with more relaxed social distancing policies because their brats' well-being is less important than getting the fuck away from their own offspring for a few days.
Article
More than anything, parents say this will be a sense of normalcy for their children and a much-needed opportunity to socialize, so it’s worth every penny.

SIX FIGURES for their kids to hang out with strangers during a pandemic? They are desperate, aren't they? And what amazing mental gymnastics to justify it....
June 22, 2020
I more or less assume they're going to send their kids away to regions where social distancing restrictions have been relaxed due to a drop in the number of cases, essentially re-importing the virus to those areas. After all, a 10 day camp isn't even long enough to get through quarantine. But they're rich, so obviously they matter more than all the people their kids might infect.
June 22, 2020
Honestly, when I read the title to this I thought big bucks meant $10-20K, not $150K!
I didn't know such places existed! This is mind-boggling for 10 days - what about the rest of the summer?

Proves rich parunts will pay anything for just 10 days of peace.
June 23, 2020
Looks as if some of these summer camps are outside the US. Switzerland was mentioned.

Wasn't summer camp for most of the summer at one time? Meaning several weeks, not just 10 days? I think that's one reason it was so pricey years ago. I never knew anyone who went to summer camp when I was a kid. My parents just weren't that well off.
June 23, 2020
I'm guessing that since a lot of restaurants and businesses are only operating at partial capacity (like restaurants only letting people sit at half the tables), the 10-day limit is their verison of that standard.

The poor bastards, they actually had to spend time with the kids they made instead of shoving them into school for eight hours a day and then into extra-curricular activities for a few more hours a day. Woe is them! Parenting is easy when other people do it for you, breeders!
kman
Looks as if some of these summer camps are outside the US. Switzerland was mentioned.

Wasn't summer camp for most of the summer at one time? Meaning several weeks, not just 10 days? I think that's one reason it was so pricey years ago. I never knew anyone who went to summer camp when I was a kid. My parents just weren't that well off.

Welcome to Ask a Camp Nerd.

The all-summer type of camps are indeed still around, and are found more in the eastern US. Western US has more camps that are shorter sessions (from a few days to a couple weeks). The all-summer camps have always been pricier, possibly because they tend to be private and more posh. Camp in general is pricey, though. Insurance rates, etc just keep going up.

In general, summer camp enrollment has been declining for a while, partly because life's getting fuckin' expensive and partly because of the rise of the helicopter parents who don't like the idea of their precious kid being away that long and/or don't trust anyone but themselves when it comes to looking after their kid.

The other thing that comes to mind: the camps that are running these ultra-$$$$ programs are likely not accredited, as accredited camps are being super super cautious during COVID.
June 24, 2020
kman

Figures. Europe is on the other side of the curve so they're going to bring us more cases. No thanks. It looks like the EU is thinking of banning travel from the US (after travel to other regions is opened in July) until the US sees a drop in cases. Switzerland isn't part of the EU but it's part of the Schengen region so those breeders may well be paying for a camp their kids won't be allowed to attend.
June 24, 2020
yurble
Switzerland isn't part of the EU but it's part of the Schengen region so those breeders may well be paying for a camp their kids won't be allowed to attend.

That would be something I would love to hear about! I love the taste of salty breeder's tears.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Other countries would be smart to ban travellers from the US. They've done a good job of getting their outbreaks under control but aren't going to jeopardize that by letting in JimBob and BobbieSue in and bring the virus back just because they think it's a hoax.
June 25, 2020
The USA is a failed state.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
keeper of traken
Other countries would be smart to ban travellers from the US. They've done a good job of getting their outbreaks under control but aren't going to jeopardize that by letting in JimBob and BobbieSue in and bring the virus back just because they think it's a hoax.

Totally agree. Banning US travelers would be a good strategy in keeping the pandemic under some control. Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
June 26, 2020
crazy... if we could sell that to other countries maybe they wouldn't try coming over the borders and they would keep their breeding bodies elsewhere

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
September 26, 2020
If they were that desperate to get rid of the kids, that same amount of money could have rented an apartment for a year and hired a nanny and maid for the kids staying there.
September 26, 2020
$150k to send kyds to a camp? And us, CF folks, are being taxed into poverty to "support schools and education"? There is something so wrong with this picture.

No offense to anyone working in academia but I vote against any and all schools' funding increases. If breeders can shell out 150k, they can step up and donate to schools as well. What a piss poor system do we live in.

BTW, screw all the colleges too and their money hungry outcrys. I've said before and I will say it again: Breeders have plenty of cash to support anything they desire and then some.
I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country and you still see a disparity between areas and it’s why I also vote against building more schools and funding. In one area, where most of the Latin American immigrants are, the schools are underfunded and need repairs. In another area, the wealthy breeder SAHMs got together and pooled the money to build a “study room” in their kids’ schools which consisted of an 80” TV, an XBox One, PS4, and iMacs. So if they had the money for that, they can pay the brunt of school funding instead of nearly 20% of my paycheck being taxed and the IRS saying I still owe them more.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 09, 2020
well, seems to be the truth is out, kids are tremendous disease vectors. Anyone looking at portions of NYC (actually physically Long Island) where covid is spiking.
there have been near riots in these areas, mostly the ultra orthodox jews. says one thing about religion and disease. once in a while it protects, other times, not so much. this is an 'other' time.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 09, 2020
I never went to summer camp. My parents thought it was a waste of money. I basically spent summers at home finding ways to entertain myself, and I'm probably better off for it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login