Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo says "No" to being a grandmoo

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo says "No" to being a grandmoo
June 26, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-made-not-want-kids-130024671.html

A future wannamoo in her teens was told by her moo that if she has kids she will move to the other side of the planet. She was so against getting old, the grey haired knitting grandmoo image that she did not want her daughter having kids.

If you do not want to be a grandmoo than do not be a moo because having kids is the first step in that direction unless you only have one and that kid is totally CF. Shows how breeders can't think ahead. Moo thought she would be a young moo for life and must have hated the daughter becoming a teen and reminding her of approaching old age
Re: Moo says "No" to being a grandmoo
June 26, 2020
at the end it looks like the poster has drunk the proverbial kool aid. whY? because of all the phony feel good kodak images in her imagination.
you that rabid, baby sit your friends kids and see if your phony fantasy lives up to what you dreamt

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 26, 2020
Article
But what I do know is that she regretted it her whole life. She told us so. She was bored, unhappy, and frustrated with being a stay-at-home mother.

Well there's the reason right there - she didn't like being a Moo and didn't want to do that shit all over again even part-time.

Article
“Why do people have kids? What drives you to do it?” I asked him as the two of us sat alone in his hospital room.

“They let you live forever,” he said.

No, no they don't. Everyone's life is finite no matter how often they breed. Not to mention that your child is only half your DNA (assuming it's really your kid biologically), and with each generation, that fifty percent is slowly whittled away until very very little of the previous generations are left, genetically speaking. Having kids means you may have more people to remember you after you die (and also more people who will be impacted by your death), but there is a difference between living forever and being remembered forever, and to be honest, no one is remembered forever either.

All this does is show how scared of dying breeders are. They think they will somehow achieve immortality by reproducing. It's a cute thought, but if they want to be immortal, they should believe in reincarnation - all the comfort of knowing you'll live forever without the biological life sentence and ruined genitals.

Moron
I could teach my child how to dance merengue, how to blend paint and shade drawings, how to admire art, how to speak their mind, how to host a party, and how to make people laugh.

Classic Kodakitis. All people ever think about is the fun stuff they can do with their children, and all these things she wants to teach her kid wouldn't happen until much later in that kid's childhood. Is she thinking about all the shitwork that has to be put in first? Is she also romanticizing not sleeping at all for about 7 years straight? Taking two hours to feed a helpless infant only for them to puke it all back up half the time? The kid screaming bloody murder for hours on end and nothing she does calms it down? Her life revolving around all manner of bodily fluids? The distinct possibility that her child could be born with or develop some sort of physical or mental disability? The physical pain that comes with breastfeeding and the stigma that comes with formula feeding? The fact that EVERYONE will criticize her parenting no matter what she does for her child? Having to figure out what to do when her kid comes home with a black eye from a bully, but her kid will get suspended if he/she fights back? Dealing with catty bitchy Moos because her unchilded friends don't want to be around her?

Yeah, nobody thinks about all the shit that makes up 99% of breeding because they're too busy obsessing over the 1% of it that might make them smile.
June 26, 2020
I remember years ago speaking with a counsellor about being cf and asking her why people were so into breeding at all costs. This woman was rare and would tell me no one should have kids they do not want. She was a social worker and had seen too much. Anyway she admitted that most people fantasize about kids, a father teaching his son to fish, a mother playing dress up with her daughter.

I kinda thought that if you admit to fantasizing about ANYTHING else people will jump on you about how daydreams can really get you in trouble when reality hits. If you fantasize about an ex people will be on you about how the person is a douche that cheated or about buying a boat and they are like "Holy Crap, the maintenence costs", but daydream about kids in the future and suddenly that kind of destructive Kodak thinking is a-ok.
June 26, 2020
Cambion
Article
“Why do people have kids? What drives you to do it?” I asked him as the two of us sat alone in his hospital room.

“They let you live forever,” he said.

No, no they don't. Everyone's life is finite no matter how often they breed.

EXACTLY! Anybody who claims their kids make them immortal should be asked to name their great-great-grandmother. What was she like? What did she do in her free time? What was her favorite color? Food? Animal?

How many breeders could tell you anything about their ancestors more than a couple of generations back? So what makes them think anyone will remember them after a couple more?
June 26, 2020
cfdavep
I kinda thought that if you admit to fantasizing about ANYTHING else people will jump on you about how daydreams can really get you in trouble when reality hits. If you fantasize about an ex people will be on you about how the person is a douche that cheated or about buying a boat and they are like "Holy Crap, the maintenence costs", but daydream about kids in the future and suddenly that kind of destructive Kodak thinking is a-ok.

Yep, true dat. NOBODY will ever try to talk you out of having kids, even though it's one of the most permanent and life-altering things you can do. But they'll be glad to tell you why anything else (with varying degrees of permanence) is a bad idea and why you shouldn't do it. Getting a tattoo or a piercing, moving abroad, buying a house, buying any sort of vehicle, starting your own business, taking a particular kind of job, dyeing your hair, undergoing elective surgery, getting sterilized and a million other things.

But making an entirely new human being to take care of? GO FOR IT! Even if you're sick, broke, nuts, irresponsible, homeless, drunk, high, violent, disabled, underage or stupid, no one will ever tell you to not have a baby. And unlike just about all the other things I mentioned above that people will try to discourage, having a kid won't just affect your life - it'll affect the kid's life too.
June 27, 2020
kittehpeoples
EXACTLY! Anybody who claims their kids make them immortal should be asked to name their great-great-grandmother. What was she like? What did she do in her free time? What was her favorite color? Food? Animal?

How many breeders could tell you anything about their ancestors more than a couple of generations back? So what makes them think anyone will remember them after a couple more?

We're living lives today with an unprecedented amount of documentation about the average person, compared to any other period in history. So instead of today's person with a genealogical bent being able to learn the name, birth and death dates, and maybe get a photo of great-great-grandma, the future person with a genealogical bent will have access to so much more information. And they will end up with the name, birth and death dates, and photo of great-great-grandma.

Do today's breeders honestly think that any of of their descendants is going to devote their lives to doing dissertation-level research to really learn about each of their ancestors in turn? Even if there are computer-generated biographies based on public data, how many people would bother to read them?

What massive egos they must have to think this way.
June 27, 2020
cfdavep
I remember years ago speaking with a counsellor about being cf and asking her why people were so into breeding at all costs. This woman was rare and would tell me no one should have kids they do not want. She was a social worker and had seen too much. Anyway she admitted that most people fantasize about kids, a father teaching his son to fish, a mother playing dress up with her daughter.

As far as I'm concerned, there's the realistic (goals) and the unrealistic (daydreams). I don't bother to daydream about anything close to real life since I know it isn't reality. Instead I go for grandiose and enjoy the stories I tell myself. If I think something is realistic, then I want to map out how I'm going to get from here to there, and if it is at all plausible. It seems that's not a common approach.
June 27, 2020
We're all pretty ordinary people who live rather small, ordinary lives. Some people realize this and get terrified, I guess.

Some people go to extraordinary lengths to deny mortality and death. But as people have already pointed out, nearly all people are forgotten within three generations. I knew all of my grandparents and one of my great-grandmothers, plus some great-aunts and uncles. I have some household items, trinkets and mementos from them. I especially treasure the quilt from my great grandmother and my grandmother's rolling pin, which my granddad made for her on his lathe. I've been asked "but who will get those family items when you're gone?". My answer: whoever wants them. It won't matter, I'll be dead.

Also: I have no idea about the names of my great-great grandparents. I can piece together last names. I know that my parents and grandparents have told me anecdotes about them. But nope...no idea of their names off the top of my head.
June 28, 2020
yurble
As far as I'm concerned, there's the realistic (goals) and the unrealistic (daydreams). I don't bother to daydream about anything close to real life since I know it isn't reality. Instead I go for grandiose and enjoy the stories I tell myself. If I think something is realistic, then I want to map out how I'm going to get from here to there, and if it is at all plausible. It seems that's not a common approach.

I found out there are things called "immersive daydreaming" and "maladaptive daydreaming" - both are essentially ways to escape reality, but maladaptive daydreaming is more of a coping mechanism for a shite life and is considered a psychological disorder. I think I often do something that falls in between the two.

Personally, I've found that daydreaming about an ideal real life is too depressing because it involves things I will never have and/or stuff I know will never realistically happen. I've also found I can't make myself have really wild daydreams, for some reason - like they HAVE to be grounded in reality for me.

But I found that I also daydream about all these characters I make up in my head with lives that could easily be real and I put them in "episodes" with situations where they always come out on top because 1) that so rarely happens in real life and it provides me with good feelings, and 2) because I feel a desire to ensure my creations are taken care of because they're mine and I don't want anything bad to happen to them. I realize how nuts that sounds, but it gets me through the day a lot and it's fun!

It's a nice source of free and secret personal comfort, but the only bad thing is when I do this shit in the car and go on auto-pilot and don't realize I'm doing 25 over the speed limit. Oops! Not that I have any issues with driving fast, but I don't feel like getting more points on my license.

But I think rosy daydreams about breeding are ones that should absolutely be dashed because people will follow through with those daydreams expecting this idyllic, uplifting experience and being wholly disappointed, bored, or even angered by the reality of making children. And this shit will have an impact on the child because if Moo and/or Duh lose interest, their parenting will suffer and then you wind up with a fucked-up neglected kid.

I wonder how many breeders engage in maladaptive daydreaming. I also imagine that very, very little thought goes into reproducing and breeders just kind of play it all by ear, which is probably why most of them are miserable sons of bitches that have horrible kids.
June 29, 2020
Couldn't have said anything better, agreed with everything said above.
But one thing I'd love to add. Immortality through sprogs? Obviously that doesn't work, and breeders are simply deluded to even think so.
But there is a thing that works much much better for being remembered. Achieving something other than breeding. I mean think of people from the past, that are actually remembered and most likely will be for quite some time: Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Stephen Hawking, Robert Koch, Leonardo Da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Shakespeare, Pushkin, Hieronymus Bosch, J.S. Bach, Mozart, The Beatles, BB King, CCR, ... the list goes on and on.
Scientists, Writers, Artists, Musicians - no one gives two craps about their sprogs, if they had any. What made them significant is their work, the stuff they worked on for their entire lives, that they invested themselves in and got famous. I think that's an important thing to keep in mind. Self-development before sprogging. Thats the only way to leave an actual legacy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
June 29, 2020
Cambion
I found out there are things called "immersive daydreaming" and "maladaptive daydreaming" - both are essentially ways to escape reality, but maladaptive daydreaming is more of a coping mechanism for a shite life and is considered a psychological disorder. I think I often do something that falls in between the two.

I have no idea what my daydreams would be considered. I essentially tell myself stories. I'm a central figure, but I give myself magical powers or time travel or something else interesting so I definitely don't view it as reality. Sometimes there is some revenge on horrible people but it tends to be impersonal - not people who have wronged me, but people who are responsible for all the shit that's wrong with the world. So if it is a coping mechanism it is for big factors none of us have control over, not the misfortunes of daily life. Anyhow I mostly daydream when I'm stuck in boring situations (like a dental appointment), or when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Anyhow it doesn't sound nuts to me to envision characters you like coming out on top. That's a good proportion of published fiction right there. People like to see people they can identify with doing well. The stories I tell myself basically involve me doing interesting things (like getting to learn first-hand about some particular moment in history) or seeing my values come out on top (world in which evil people are powerless).

Cambion
But I think rosy daydreams about breeding are ones that should absolutely be dashed because people will follow through with those daydreams expecting this idyllic, uplifting experience and being wholly disappointed, bored, or even angered by the reality of making children. And this shit will have an impact on the child because if Moo and/or Duh lose interest, their parenting will suffer and then you wind up with a fucked-up neglected kid.

I wonder how many breeders engage in maladaptive daydreaming. I also imagine that very, very little thought goes into reproducing and breeders just kind of play it all by ear, which is probably why most of them are miserable sons of bitches that have horrible kids.

I think daydreaming must play a big part in the decision to have kids, because the kid doesn't exist before you create it. You're imagining a state where you have a future kid, and I imagine most people add concrete details like what the kid will like, how they will interact with it, and the feelings they will experience. If they are more sensible people, they will read book on the topic and interact with some children, but it seems like few people do that these days. That is the one thing you can say about massive multi-generational families in the past: at least most of the adults knew what they were getting into, from the experience of taking care of children when they were young, either their own younger siblings, or their older siblings' children.

I suspect the idealization of having children started to come about shortly after contraceptives started to make parenting optional.
June 29, 2020
twocents
at the end it looks like the poster has drunk the proverbial kool aid. whY? because of all the phony feel good kodak images in her imagination.
you that rabid, baby sit your friends kids and see if your phony fantasy lives up to what you dreamt

Like these?

time for the kodak images to set in........
In that moment, I could envision all the things she had taught me that I could pass onto another little human of my own. I could teach my child how to dance merengue, how to blend paint and shade drawings, how to admire art, how to speak their mind, how to host a party, and how to make people laugh. Out of the blue, I could remember the good times we’d had together that I had so often selectively forgotten when I thought abstractly about motherhood. I wanted to tell stories about her to this new, unformed person. That thing, the inexplicable drive that everyone else seemed to always have in them to procreate, was born in me right then.

What happens if the kid doesn't want to dance, paint or draw? Perhaps the kid is a rigid conformist? Or the kid has a disability where in the best case scenario he/she may eventually be able to do the most basic tasks unassisted. Or what if she has a boy who has no interest in hosting parties and dancing. Most boys seem to fall into this category.

And really, those few ideas were enough to make this woman want to procreate? Apparently she doesn't understand that her own mother complaining about being a maid will also be her experience and the Kodak moments may never exist, or at best will be tiny bleeps on the maid radar. It is 95% to 5% honey.

She could easily just borrow a niece/nephew to live out some Kodak moments and hand back the kid before the maid moments start to rear their ugly head, she just shouldn't be surprised if the reality is much more disappointing than the fantasy.
June 29, 2020
Cambion
yurble

Personally, I've found that daydreaming about an ideal real life is too depressing because it involves things I will never have and/or stuff I know will never realistically happen. I've also found I can't make myself have really wild daydreams, for some reason - like they HAVE to be grounded in reality for me.

But I found that I also daydream about all these characters I make up in my head with lives that could easily be real and I put them in "episodes" with situations where they always come out on top because 1) that so rarely happens in real life and it provides me with good feelings, and 2) because I feel a desire to ensure my creations are taken care of because they're mine and I don't want anything bad to happen to them. I realize how nuts that sounds, but it gets me through the day a lot and it's fun!

It's a nice source of free and secret personal comfort, but the only bad thing is when I do this shit in the car and go on auto-pilot and don't realize I'm doing 25 over the speed limit. Oops! Not that I have any issues with driving fast, but I don't feel like getting more points on my license.

I have seen this maladaptive daydreaming happen so much! Not just with regards to parenting but also in regards to dating, marriage, etc. I don't know what causes it but it is a really bad habit to live in a daydream world. A great example is the person who is convinced they are in love after one date or knowing someone for a week.

Chasing a phantom life can cost a person a real life. It is so much better to accept reality, avoid people pushing fantasies and figure out what brings joy on a daily basis and incorporate that into your life. The entire point of advertising is to convince people that this purchase or that will make them happy. Even if it is only 1 hour a day that is joyful, it can be increased easily to two hours with a little effort. There are lots of joyful activities that cost little to no money. Of course, it would be amazing to stay on a private island for a holiday but if that isn't realistic then what would be a local substitute at little to no cost?
June 29, 2020
From a comment
The tragic betrayal of women that feminism imbued in the 60s and 70s still haunts women today. Being selfish and self centered will lead to a lonely old age devoid of those intrinsic treasures a child's hand made Christmas ornament or gift can bring.
I watch this endless search for meaning in the lives of my peers - women who chose not to have children because it would deny them their full potential. Truth - having children is where you reach your fullest potential.

I do so love it when one woman steps up and offers to make overgeneralized remarks about an entire gender, or approx. 3.5 billion women. Because she knows what is best for womankind, collectively.

I guess this "guilt" is something only women can feel? Men are spared? If a woman desperately wants a hand made Christmas ornament or gift something tells me she can purchase these, or ask a relative for them during the holidays.
Something tells me I'll never want these items, as I haven't ever wanted them yet. And most parents don't want the pile they accumulate either. And not everyone celebrates Christmas anyway.

Note it is only the "fullest potential" for a woman to have kids, men are spared of this typecasting. And only women are "selfish and self centered" to not have children. This just smacks of bitter moo fundamentalist tripe. Surprised she isn't expressing fury that some women have managed to "avoid the punishment of Eve". Because the man is supposed to be the one "punished with hard work from the punishment of Adam."

Just shocked this one isn't rambling about how children will pay social security for the child-free one day. That is one of their favorite go-tos when threatened with the fact that reality outside what they experience exists.

I spoke too soon on this one, as she is a self-described "successful business woman" who uses a military address as her chat identity and owes her business acumen to having kids. I wonder which MLM made her a success? Maybe she earns the average MLM of $2400 a year.
Tupperware?
Amway?
Herbalife?
hysterical laughter
June 29, 2020
freya
Just shocked this one isn't rambling about how children will pay social security for the child-free one day. That is one of their favorite go-tos when threatened with the fact that reality outside what they experience exists.

Most children will never earn enough to pay taxes, and a large portion of them will not even be sentient because of birth defects and disease.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 29, 2020
craftyzits
freya

Most children will never earn enough to pay taxes, and a large portion of them will not even be sentient because of birth defects and disease.

And adding more children in order to pay more taxes is such a sad solution to a problem.
June 29, 2020
Imagine if women didn't try to do things because they believed the limits of their potential was reproducing. I'm glad to see that plenty of women have shunned their "rightful place" to pursue a life beyond that of wiping asses and they will continue to do so.

Gotta love how only women are selfish for refusing to breed too. If a man chooses not to breed, he's just a bachelor or he's smart. What if a woman has no kids because all the men she meets are smart bachelor types? Is she still selfish for not having kids under those circumstances? What if a woman transitions into a man? Are they a selfish bitch because they are a biological woman, or are they a smart bachelor because they became a man?

Also, I have never wanted anything from a kid. Know why? One, I guarantee if they do something like that, it's because they were coerced into doing it for a school art project or some shit. Second of all, kids make shitty things. I know it's because they're kids and they're learning, but it doesn't change the fact that the stuff they make SUCKS. So no, I don't want some hunk of shit a kid made out of Elmer's glue and cotton balls that I have to pretend to like.

And why does everyone assume that old age is synonymous with loneliness if you have no kids? Consider how many seniors have been abandoned in nursing homes or are fortunate enough to live independently whose kids NEVER see them? There are plenty of old parents who are lonely and there are plenty of unchilded old people who are living happy, full lives. Having brats is not an insurance policy against being alone.
June 30, 2020
Once you have kids and they grow up, you lose the chance to make them be what you want. You can't make them follow your religion, share your political beliefs, have your hobbies, or carry on your legacy the way you choose. All you can do is choose to not be a part of their lives. It's not up to her whether she's a grandmoo or not, it's only up to her whether she's involved or not.

People really should stop expecting a kid to be a mini-me that shares their hopes and dreams, because that just isn't how it works. At the same time, they should probably realize that their own behavior has more influence than their words, so it's highly likely that the kids will repeat the same stupid mistakes of the breeders (while failing to achieve the breeder's goals).
June 30, 2020
Cambion
Also, I have never wanted anything from a kid. Know why? One, I guarantee if they do something like that, it's because they were coerced into doing it for a school art project or some shit. Second of all, kids make shitty things. I know it's because they're kids and they're learning, but it doesn't change the fact that the stuff they make SUCKS. So no, I don't want some hunk of shit a kid made out of Elmer's glue and cotton balls that I have to pretend to like.

If I wanted some tat like that, I know where I could get it: from my parents' attic. They still have a lot of the crap I made as a kid, and what could be more fulfilling than childhood "art" from someone who shared not 50% but 100% of your genes?

Cambion
And why does everyone assume that old age is synonymous with loneliness if you have no kids? Consider how many seniors have been abandoned in nursing homes or are fortunate enough to live independently whose kids NEVER see them? There are plenty of old parents who are lonely and there are plenty of unchilded old people who are living happy, full lives. Having brats is not an insurance policy against being alone.

Although I'm sure it's not always the case, I suspect childfree people are much more likely to be introverts (despite the stereotype of the party girl). Since the majority of people in the world are extroverts (and breeders are also in the majority, ergo most breeders are extroverts), breeders assume that the elderly want an endless stream of visitors. That sounds pretty hellish to me. The corona crisis has been rather interesting, in that I've been quite content alone, but it's clear that the extroverts are struggling.

It has never occurred to most of them that the kind of person who doesn't like children because they like quiet and personal time is the sort of person who is not lonely when alone. My need for human contact is minimal, and can largely be met through phone and internet.
July 11, 2020
PMSL

Stop the presses

I know more grandparents who are busy feeding and raising grandbrats because Moo and Duh are too busy working and living high on the hog.

In other news, Baybeez are THE new Coach handbags.
July 12, 2020
obviously, no kids here, but I wonder how many parents, once the kids are out, downsize to a place so small there is no comfortable way to allow their knocked up offspring back? good way of giving them the boot. but then, these breeders would stuff their 5 brats into a carboard box and live there

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 12, 2020
twocents
obviously, no kids here, but I wonder how many parents, once the kids are out, downsize to a place so small there is no comfortable way to allow their knocked up offspring back? good way of giving them the boot. but then, these breeders would stuff their 5 brats into a carboard box and live there

Oh I'm sure breeders would figure out a way to crawl back home for free room and board. As long as Meemaw and Peepaw have a floor, they have room for Moo, Duh and the whole fucking famblee football team. If they try to say there is no room, cue guilt tripping and passive aggression and most likely jabs at them about how they "should" buy a bigger house.

All the more reason to not have kids. Right when you think you've served your 20-year sentence, here comes Junior and Princess all grown up with their own brats in tow to move back in for God knows how long because they can't afford to live on Moo's half-assed Etsy business and Duh's 15-hour-a-week minimum-wage job.
July 13, 2020
Cambion: it may also depend on how fed up meemaw and peepaw were fed up with their offspring. I'm willing to bet there are a fair nmber of them who will tell their loser breeder kids to go live in atent.
but again, if they want to live on a floor, they can go stuff into a welfare hotel room.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login