Fathers more involved in their kids' lives due to COVID-19 isolation
June 29, 2020
https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2020/06/fathers-day-covid-silver-lining/&fj=1

(clears throat)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL beating with a lol hammer bouncing and laughing spewing water due to laughing hysterical laughter

Bullshit
According to preliminary research, 45% of fathers are spending more time taking care of young children compared to before the pandemic.

But how many are doing it voluntarily? I have a feeling that a decent chunk of them are only caring for their kids because their wives bitched at them to do so, and even then, I guarantee they're doing a piss-poor job of it because they don't like their kids a whole lot.

Stupid
“The pandemic has reshaped the way fathers are involved with their families and children,” said Garfield, who was not part of the study. “Whether it is play, reading a book or getting down on the floor and spending time with their kids, this is an unprecedented opportunity for fathers to be really involved.”

Orly now? Because I've read r/breakingmom enough by now to know the pandemic is merely giving Duhs the opportunity to be home and neglect their kids in favor of their own much more fulfilling hobbies because brat-minding is Moo's job. I'm sure some of them have become more involved, but a vast majority are fully content to park their asses in front of their computers or games and not interact with the family in any way the whole day.

Fuck I hope nobody paid money to do this study. If anything, the pandemic is making parents hate parenting even more because of the fact they're around their kids more than before.
I'm guessing the pandemic has been a real wake up call for some moos who bought the bullshit that their husband worked outside of the home, so it was "fair" that the wife raise the kids and keep the house (and possibly also work)...and now that they're both home and duh still doesn't want to be a father, they're out of excuses.
I'd bet there is a healthy percentage of duds that will take the opportunity to "get involved with their kids" at least one time before the pandemic ends. I'd guess the bragging rights are just too much to resist for these duds as they can proclaim their heart warming story to anyone who will listen.
Not to mention that most Duhs feel that being involved fathers means doing things like weakly telling their kid to shut up once a month, instructing their Moo-wives on how to "properly" parent, or the elusive diaper change he does one time during his kid's whole life. After that, whoo boy is he bushed, so he's not gonna do any more parenting for about five years. It doesn't help that a lot of Duhs don't seem all that interested in parenting until the kid is older and capable of doing stuff with him like sports or messing with cars or playing video games.

Obviously there are exceptions and I can't paint all fathers as worthless assholes, but goddamn there are a lot of them.
Re: Fathers more involved in their kids' lives due to COVID-19 isolation
June 30, 2020
You know, it is funny how I have seen articles about how covid-19 is setting back women's rights because with WFH women are expected to juggle childcare and their work*, and I've also seen articles about men taking on an increasing role in childcare due to covid-19. One even claimed that breeders prefer the new normal and don't want to go back to the way things were. (I didn't read the article, but I assume that's the perspective of people who really just want to be paid to be stay-at-home breeders, because I seriously doubt they are getting their work done as effectively while home-schooling and minding their children.)

It's almost as if people are actually making their own personal decisions within their relationships, rather than being pushed in a particular direction by external forces! Maybe the ongoing legacy of sexism in childcare arrangements has to do with the personal choices that people make in how to distribute labor and whether or not to breed in an unequal relationship. Maybe women should stop breeding with shitty men if they want equality in the home, hmm? You know, as opposed to asking the rest of us to make accommodations for them (which reflect badly on all women) to compensate for their spineless acceptance of sexism in their personal lives.

* And of course these articles always talk about "women" rather than "mothers" as if this were universally a female issue. Amazing that they don't notice the sexism in that assumption!
These articles are all over the board:

women are being pushed back to the 1950's because they have to watch their own kids
men are stepping up

I'm thinking an agenda is brewing: more paid leave for parents to watch their kids, possibly bringing them in the workforce or parents get to telework all the time, or maybe skools open all the time or providing all the meals.

yurble
It's almost as if people are actually making their own personal decisions within their relationships, rather than being pushed in a particular direction by external forces! Maybe the ongoing legacy of sexism in childcare arrangements has to do with the personal choices that people make in how to distribute labor and whether or not to breed in an unequal relationship. Maybe women should stop breeding with shitty men if they want equality in the home, hmm?

You radical! How dare you suggest that personal choices are at play here! using a flamethrower

There is sexism in this world, but the suggestion that personal responsibility plays a factor is sometimes met with being "antifeminist." I am a feminist and I believe in equal pay for equal work, access to birth control and abortion services, etc.

If I wanted to breed, I would only align myself with dependable men who want the same objective. (When I was dating I met quite a few WannaBreed men who were decent otherwise and I shined them on.) And I would TEST them in a relationship and OBSERVE their behavior BEFORE committing to them, marrying them and having children.

And even if I wanted children, I would have always ensured that I could take care of myself financially. That means a job skill and work experience and not shitting out a brat at age 22.

These women act like the situation "just happened" to them. No policy in the world is going to help these women when they breed with a loser. These women have 100% of the pussy---be selective and pick smarter!
June 30, 2020
bell_flower
I'm thinking an agenda is brewing: more paid leave for parents to watch their kids, possibly bringing them in the workforce or parents get to telework all the time, or maybe skools open all the time or providing all the meals.

Ring! Ring! We have a winner!

I think it's a push for more paid leave for breeders plus permanent teleworking. Probably also reduced workdays/workweeks, while keeping the same salary.

Permanent teleworking in jobs where it is possible would be a welcome move in my eyes, but you just know that it isn't going to be universal, but instead awarded to the people who have the most distractions and therefore the least opportunity to successfully telework, aka breeders.

I am also in favor of the reduced workweek/reduced working hours, which has been trialed by several companies with good results. Since people are already slacking off, productivity actually increases when the work is more concentrated. But I'm only a fan if it is granted to everyone, not just breeders (and not just office workers).
June 30, 2020
bell_flower
There is sexism in this world, but the suggestion that personal responsibility plays a factor is sometimes met with being "antifeminist." I am a feminist and I believe in equal pay for equal work, access to birth control and abortion services, etc.

I completely agree. I support equal opportunities and equal responsibilities for women. Nobody should be subject to discrimination for factors beyond their control. People should not be harassed or attacked out of bigotry.

bell_flower
These women act like the situation "just happened" to them. No policy in the world is going to help these women when they breed with a loser. These women have 100% of the pussy---be selective and pick smarter!

Breeding is such a self-inflicted problem. It's like a person that jumps off a cliff and breaks some bones, then complains that they have to pay for someone to do their housecleaning and shopping during their convalescence. They don't want the government to erect any barriers at the cliff, they just expect society to pay for their personal assistant.
Cambion
https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2020/06/fathers-day-covid-silver-lining/&fj=1

(clears throat)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL beating with a lol hammer bouncing and laughing spewing water due to laughing hysterical laughter

Bullshit
According to preliminary research, 45% of fathers are spending more time taking care of young children compared to before the pandemic.

But how many are doing it voluntarily? I have a feeling that a decent chunk of them are only caring for their kids because their wives bitched at them to do so, and even then, I guarantee they're doing a piss-poor job of it because they don't like their kids a whole lot.

Stupid
“The pandemic has reshaped the way fathers are involved with their families and children,” said Garfield, who was not part of the study. “Whether it is play, reading a book or getting down on the floor and spending time with their kids, this is an unprecedented opportunity for fathers to be really involved.”

Orly now? Because I've read r/breakingmom enough by now to know the pandemic is merely giving Duhs the opportunity to be home and neglect their kids in favor of their own much more fulfilling hobbies because brat-minding is Moo's job. I'm sure some of them have become more involved, but a vast majority are fully content to park their asses in front of their computers or games and not interact with the family in any way the whole day.

Fuck I hope nobody paid money to do this study. If anything, the pandemic is making parents hate parenting even more because of the fact they're around their kids more than before.

I'm betting that the cows turned off the pussy bar until the Duhs picked up the brats.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
yurble
Breeding is such a self-inflicted problem. It's like a person that jumps off a cliff and breaks some bones, then complains that they have to pay for someone to do their housecleaning and shopping during their convalescence. They don't want the government to erect any barriers at the cliff, they just expect society to pay for their personal assistant.

Yup. Reproducing is one of the only things in life that people 100% willingly choose to do and then act like it's everyone else's responsibility. To quote his typical spot-on advice, Carlin once said something akin to "Nobody cares about your kids. That's why they're your kids - so you can care about them and we don't have to." Breeders are like lazy kids looking for someone to sucker into doing their chores for them so they can take the credit without doing the work.

It seems that a lot of people want to have kids and all the perks that accompany them, but they also don't want to be parents. Unfortunately, unless you're fucking filthy rich and can afford an army of nannies, they kind of go hand in hand. Doesn't stop breeders from doing as little as possible and acting like they're owed something for their "hard work." The ones who do a genuinely good job don't pull that shit - it's the ones who suck that expect accolades. Bitch you don't get on the honor roll with D-minuses across the board and that applies as much in adulthood as it did in grade school.
Cambion
Not to mention that most Duhs feel that being involved fathers means doing things like weakly telling their kid to shut up once a month, instructing their Moo-wives on how to "properly" parent, or the elusive diaper change he does one time during his kid's whole life. After that, whoo boy is he bushed, so he's not gonna do any more parenting for about five years. It doesn't help that a lot of Duhs don't seem all that interested in parenting until the kid is older and capable of doing stuff with him like sports or messing with cars or playing video games.

Obviously there are exceptions and I can't paint all fathers as worthless assholes, but goddamn there are a lot of them.

That's the whole thing - these parents treat their crotchfruit like they're sidekicks or a chance to relive their youth. The mother enjoys it when it's young, because they get to play dress-up and parade the thing around for attention, sympathy, and tax breaks, but once it gets older it's no longer a plaything and then the father gets a best bud who plays with cars and he always has a buddy to watch sports with because the mother won't let him leave the house anymore. Vicious cycle...
yurble
bell_flower

Ring! Ring! We have a winner!

I think it's a push for more paid leave for breeders plus permanent teleworking. Probably also reduced workdays/workweeks, while keeping the same salary.

Permanent teleworking in jobs where it is possible would be a welcome move in my eyes, but you just know that it isn't going to be universal, but instead awarded to the people who have the most distractions and therefore the least opportunity to successfully telework, aka breeders.

I am also in favor of the reduced workweek/reduced working hours, which has been trialed by several companies with good results. Since people are already slacking off, productivity actually increases when the work is more concentrated. But I'm only a fan if it is granted to everyone, not just breeders (and not just office workers).

This is happening at my job now - we've all moved to working from home, and the ones having the hardest time are the parents. They've offered to have telework for the rest of 2020 but did a survey and the people who said they are having a hard time working from home are typically the parents, citing hardship from no school, no daycare, having to take care of their spawn in shifts. One of the managers has to sign off every day at 1pm to deal with the brats and then has to finish his tasks later that night so wife can get some work done too. It truly sounds like a horrendous ordeal. Hopefully more people will realize that spawning isn't all it's cracked up to be.
For the vast majority of these parunts locked up their house with CrotchHellions running amuck 24/7 I can understand why they want these creatures away at school all day long - or daycare if it's a MiniCrotchHellion.

Their own fault though, they bring something into the world they cannot look at.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login