Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newborn cries so hard that both its lungs collapse

Posted by Cambion 
Newborn cries so hard that both its lungs collapse
June 30, 2020
https://www.foxnews.com/health/newborns-lungs-collapse-from-crying-too-hard-mom-claims

I did not know this was a thing, but I guess it's a particular risk for preemies (this kid was premature). What the fuck prompted this kid to cry that hard fresh out of the womb? So does this mean that any time this kid has a screech fit in the future, it could risk blowing out its lungs again? I don't know if a person is more prone to repeated pneumothorax if they experience it once.

No crying it out for this loaf, I guess. Given the kid's track record, would this mean that a period of teething or colic could turn into a potential ER visit?

I question how we ever survived as a species when babies do so many things that are counterproductive to staying alive. It's bad when an infant's sole form of communication can kill them. WTF. Must be one of those many worthwhile things we hear about that we're missing out on.
Re: Newborn cries so hard that both its lungs collapse
July 01, 2020
She wasn't even that premature, she weighed 5 lbs. While that's a light baby, it isn't acutely so. This story doesn't say why the brat was crying, could she have been in pain?

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 01, 2020
hell, I was 4.5 lbs. and was overdue supposedly. makes me wonder what the hell my mother did.
but she ended up being more or less batshit

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 01, 2020
Another preemie here - about two months early. Apparently I didn't want to be around my mother even before I was born and checked out early.
July 02, 2020
Cambion

I question how we ever survived as a species when babies do so many things that are counterproductive to staying alive. It's bad when an infant's sole form of communication can kill them. WTF. Must be one of those many worthwhile things we hear about that we're missing out on.

Part of the reason I never wanted a baby is that infants need an ungodly amount of intervention to stay alive. Their baseline seems to be “trying to die.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
July 02, 2020
LoveToLurk
Cambion

Part of the reason I never wanted a baby is that infants need an ungodly amount of intervention to stay alive. Their baseline seems to be “trying to die.”

That is because we are akin to marsupials and not placental mammals. Humans come into the world only half-developed. The human baby would be in the oven for a year and a half if we developed like placentals.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 02, 2020

Awesome statement.

My brain would have collapsed around the time this kid's lungs collapsed. Some babies get colic and scream nonstop for months.

Every teenaged girl who fantasizes about becoming a Mommy and attaining instant adulthood, attention and adulation needs to hear that sound 24/7 for about a week. In fact I recommend it for every prospective parent.
July 02, 2020
bell_flower

Awesome statement.

My brain would have collapsed around the time this kid's lungs collapsed. Some babies get colic and scream nonstop for months.

Every teenaged girl who fantasizes about becoming a Mommy and attaining instant adulthood, attention and adulation needs to hear that sound 24/7 for about a week. In fact I recommend it for every prospective parent.

Human babies are horribly helpless - like far more than any other warm-blooded creature, and like you said, they seem to go out of their way to try and fucking die for the first several years of their lives.

Babies can't even burp and fart without assistance, hence all the back-patting when feeding. Their only means of communication is screeching, and while I know humans don't really have any predators, that is not to say that something wouldn't have made an easy meal out of a primitive human loaf that didn't shut the fuck up. They can't walk, they can't hold up their heads because they're so top heavy, they have to be assisted in being fed more than any other baby animal (compare to newborn kittens that crawl their way to mom for food, BLINDLY I might add), and when they do eat, it takes about 2-3 hours to make them eat two tablespoons of food and there's a 50 percent chance they'll barf it all back up anyway. Then they get diagnosed with "failure to thrive" because their inability/refusal to keep food down causes them to either not gain weight or lose weight and the pediatrician looks at the parents sideways like they're intentionally starving the kid.

Sometimes they will just scream for no reason too and you do all the usual things to shut them up (food, holding, changing) and they still keep screaming. After a few days of this, shaken baby syndrome becomes a distinct risk. Perhaps not a way a loaf tries to kill itself, but definitely a good way to encourage an exhausted and pissed off breeder to make the kid shut its hole.

Then they get older and become more mobile and will ALWAYS gravitate toward the things that will hurt them the most. It's some kind of Darwinian retard magnetism that makes a toddler go right past his teddy bears and blanket and safe kid toys to stick a knife he somehow got hold of into a light socket. Or figures out how to pop open the battery compartment on the remote and swallows a couple AAs. Or gets through all the baby-proofing the parents have put up every two feet and winds up a mile down the road at 5am playing in a mud puddle wearing nothing but a shirt that doesn't belong to them and one sock.

They put everything in their mouths and if they don't choke, it's something that will probably hurt them in some other way like causing a bowel obstruction or perforation. They don't chew their fucking food when they start on solids either - ever notice how often little kids gag and cough when they eat? Or they have to dance around while eating because they can't sit still. They gravitate toward strangers unless it's drilled into their heads to NOT talk to random weirdos and sometimes they still do it.

I think the only thing kids do not do to get closer to dying is picking on someone bigger than they are. Even the most dense retards know not to start a fight with someone bigger/heavier. Given their stunning lack of intelligence in all other areas of life, I figured kids would be like the chicken hawk from Looney Tunes that thinks he can take on anyone.

I don't think any other species has young that even come close to the stupidity displayed by human children.
July 02, 2020
Cambion
I don't think any other species has young that even come close to the stupidity displayed by human children.

There is a class of mammals who have young as helpless if not more at birth than human beings. However, that class of mammals keeps their useless young in a pouch and they become permanently attached to a tit for the helpless time of their lives. These creatures are called marsupials, and among them are the koala and the kangaroo. Their babies come into the world without any back legs or fur, eyes are sealed shut.

There are human cultures that mimic the marsupial by creating a 'pouch' out of a blanket and pretty much keeping the brat as an appendage for the first year and a half of its life. Some breeders throw the brat in a playpen.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login