Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Therapist won't shut up about her kids during session

Posted by freya 
Therapist won't shut up about her kids during session
July 06, 2020
Saw this on Female Level-up Strategy today. Young woman (think she is a minor) from India has a therapist that won't stop talking about her kids during a session she paid for. The rest of her story reflects a huge degree of unprofessionalism on the part of the therapist.

From the patient who realizes her therapist stinks

1. She spent most of her time talking about her kids and then justifying it by saying that she was trying to make me relate to their situation.

2. She came late to the session ( I mean doctors coming late is a thing in our country but she came late on our second session)

3. She answered a call in the middle of me ranting to her. And after she was done with her call she didn't even let me continue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FemaleLevelUpStrategy/comments/hkzyrs/how_do_i_politely_tell_my_therapist_she_is_not/

You'd think being paid may be enough to make someone shut up about their kids for an hour and act with professionalism, but apparently not! Luckily this young lady understands what to expect from a therapist and recognized how bad this one is.
Re: Therapist won't shut up about her kids during session
July 06, 2020
Hope the breeder was dropped like a hot rock.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 07, 2020
Wow. That's so painfully unprofessional.

One thing people forget...a therapist kinda works FOR YOU. Feel free to audition therapists until you get one who's the right fit (not to be confused with shopping until you get one who tells you what you want to hear...part of their job is pointing out the opposite in the way only a therapist can).

Yeah, that therapist...call, tell her exactly why you're canceling your next session, and move on.
July 15, 2020
Here in Canada therapists are super expensive. Husband and I went to see a couples counselor and I got reamed out for not having kids. He said something along the lines of it being my duty to ensure population growth. I was shocked by this and he comes out with an awkward laugh and tells me he's kidding.
This guy was not good at all and it ended up costing us a lot of money.
Needless to say we never went back again.
July 15, 2020
mumofsixbirds
I got reamed out for not having kids. He said something along the lines of it being my duty to ensure population growth. I was shocked by this and he comes out with an awkward laugh and tells me he's kidding.

Did he explain how the hell that was supposed to be therapeutic? Ffs.
July 15, 2020
"To hell with what the woman wants, she's just a uturus." Doc leans back and contemplates the money.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 17, 2020
kittehpeoples
mumofsixbirds
I got reamed out for not having kids. He said something along the lines of it being my duty to ensure population growth. I was shocked by this and he comes out with an awkward laugh and tells me he's kidding.

TBH, we had a tough time understanding what he was saying because he mumbled. He also reminded me of William Shatner because of his jerky, stiff arm and leg movements.

I can't imagine any decent therapist suggesting an older married couple with marriage trouble should reproduce at all.
July 17, 2020
mumofsixbirds
kittehpeoples
mumofsixbirds

TBH, we had a tough time understanding what he was saying because he mumbled. He also reminded me of William Shatner because of his jerky, stiff arm and leg movements.

I can't imagine any decent therapist suggesting an older married couple with marriage trouble should reproduce at all.

But we must have cannon fodder for the Military-Industrial Complex! We must! That or warm bodies for the Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex to experiment on if the kids turn out defective.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login