Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back to School, COVID and death by Christmas?

Posted by cfdavep 
Back to School, COVID and death by Christmas?
July 11, 2020
https://old.reddit.com/r/collapse/comments/hpg7bz/can_we_talk_about_how_catastrophic_sending_kids/

Someone on collapse is saying that if sprogs head back to school in Sept, the death toll will be around 350,000 dead kids by Christmas. They are debating it here in NY whether to open or not.
Re: Back to School, COVID and death by Christmas?
July 11, 2020
Outside of that reddit thread and teacher-centric websites, I haven’t seen any discussions on the health and safety of teachers and other school staff. And the comments in that thread are correct, in most places teachers actually don’t have any power, teachers unions are bullshit or not existent, and teachers can lose everything if they try to fight. I know my union was a union in name only, the reality of it was that teachers had to bend over and take it on all but the least important of issues.

It’s why I left, and it’s why others are leaving in droves. I predict that any teacher who can afford to leave will be gone by the time schools are forced open. There won’t be anybody left to babysit teach these kids if all the teachers have quit or died.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
July 12, 2020
The arguments I see for reopening schools are insane. They tend to be either (1) breeders can't work when they have to homeschool their children, and (2) if kids aren't going to school, they are not going to get proper meals and they are going to be beaten more.

There are really only problem school was designed to solve: ignorance. Maybe instead of trying to force schools to re-open, people should consider asking why these other problems exist and what might actually address them? That's especially true in the case of (2), since for all but the youngest children the obvious solution to (1) is that you should have taught them enough discipline that they attend the lectures and do the work, knowing their parents will be checking up on their progress in the evenings.
July 12, 2020
unions are mostly a joke and a haven for greedy people. they don't do squat for their members. every single ad, demonstration, etc I've seen is like a damn cookie cutter: they all look and sound the same. same stupid sad music, same type of writing. they have alienated me

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 12, 2020
yurble
The arguments I see for reopening schools are insane. They tend to be either (1) breeders can't work when they have to homeschool their children, and (2) if kids aren't going to school, they are not going to get proper meals and they are going to be beaten more.

There are really only problem school was designed to solve: ignorance. Maybe instead of trying to force schools to re-open, people should consider asking why these other problems exist and what might actually address them? That's especially true in the case of (2), since for all but the youngest children the obvious solution to (1) is that you should have taught them enough discipline that they attend the lectures and do the work, knowing their parents will be checking up on their progress in the evenings.

The fly in this ointment is that many American kids don't even have electricity, much less access to computers. This is especially so for those on Indian reservations. The very low income have jobs that they cannot do from home, such as grocery store clerks.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 12, 2020
I don't foresee kids wearing masks (properly) all day long in school, assuming that would actually be an implemented rule. I imagine it would not be because of all the Karens who would be screaming about violation of their basic rights and the schools intentionally trying to suffocate their widdle puddins.

Fuck, people don't even wear masks in places where it explicitly states that masks are mandatory and staff may not be paid enough to care enough to tell them to leave either. I went to two stores this past week where there are big signs on the doors saying "FACE MASKS REQUIRED" and I'd say about half the people in either store had a mask on.

Kids were walking petri dishes before all ths shit started and you could guarantee that whatever disease was being passed around at school, Junior would bring it home to share with the whole family. Kids don't seem to get the COVID-19 that adults get, but they still suffer some kind of weird inflammatory response to it and it sure doesn't prevent them from being germ vectors.

Moos and Duhs don't want the kids to be home and can't afford sitters, sooooo time to just shove them back on the teachers! Just like before, parents will gladly send their kids to school sick as hell because they didn't want to stay home with them. I don't doubt that many, many teachers will get sick and/or die from this horse shit and you know nobody's going to want to sub because they won't want to get sick either.

My guess is schools will open for a little while, a shitload of educators will get sick, no one will want to fill in and all the brats will get told to stay the fuck home until further notice.

One commenter - a teacher - said this:

Now we’re being forced to sign waivers that if we get sick or die we can’t sue the school district, if you don’t sign you lose your job.

Schools think they've got the upper hand, but there won't be school if there are no teachers, so schools would be wise to consider NOT fucking over their staff right now. Why can't distance learning continue indefinitely? I know everybody's got cabin fever, but this shit the US is doing now is not fucking working. The only ones who will be sending their brats back to school are the ones who hate their kids and don't care if they get sick and die.
July 13, 2020
The schools can't even control LICE! This is Trump's way of killing off Americans, at least those Americans forced to send brats to public schools.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 13, 2020
I'm a teacher, and a union member. Our union kicks ass. Our union President fights for us and goes to court to make sure our contract is upheld. And while none of us are sure about going back, I am sure that our union President will fight like hell to protect us, because he has already gone to court for members and won legal victories against the BOE. We are union strong.

Unions are here to protect members from unscrupulous administrators and board members, and to protect our salaries and our benefits. The vast majority of teachers are intelligent, well educated professionals. If there is a bad teacher, there is a process in place to remove that person. The problem stems from the fact that administrators don't want to do the work required to remove a bad teacher. Where I teach, every complaint against a teacher, whether from student or admin, was found to be without merit. This means that all those complaints were bogus, were fake.

My union is not going to have us go back if the BOE has no protections in place. Even the local BOE doesn't want to just open willy-nilly, because of the legal liability that would ensue if they forced us back with no procedures in place. Thank goodness for teacher tenure, seniority, and living in a blue state because I couldn't imagine going back in September if I lived in FL or TX.
July 28, 2020
Bringing this thread up because on the news there is talk of how to reopen schools. Maybe 2 days a week and the rest online?

Anyway, the one reason to reopen schools that gets brought up is that if there are no schools, mandated reporter teachers will not know if kids are being abused by their parents. Isn't that disturbing, that the reason for school is because humanity cannot trust that parents will not abuse their kids?
July 28, 2020
mr. neptune
Bringing this thread up because on the news there is talk of how to reopen schools. Maybe 2 days a week and the rest online?

Anyway, the one reason to reopen schools that gets brought up is that if there are no schools, mandated reporter teachers will not know if kids are being abused by their parents. Isn't that disturbing, that the reason for school is because humanity cannot trust that parents will not abuse their kids?

I've seen those arguments about child abuse and about children getting food. The real question is: why are these services pushed onto teachers/schools? It seems like just a way of trying to guilt adults who quite reasonably don't want to be exposed to or spread a deadly disease.
July 28, 2020
Cambion

Schools think they've got the upper hand, but there won't be school if there are no teachers, so schools would be wise to consider NOT fucking over their staff right now. Why can't distance learning continue indefinitely? I know everybody's got cabin fever, but this shit the US is doing now is not fucking working. The only ones who will be sending their brats back to school are the ones who hate their kids and don't care if they get sick and die.

The problem with distance learning is you must have working electronics to do so successfully. Many kids don't have electricity, nevermind computers, tablets, or phones. Distance learning also requires active parents, and we know breeders are anything but that.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login