Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The moo from Glee

Posted by cfdavep 
The moo from Glee
July 16, 2020
I was talking to my uncle about this case and asked him how someone could be silly enough to jump of a rented boat with no life jacket and no knowledge that an un-anchored boat can float away. I think she thought bigger boats stay where they are

He said "Well she died saving her kid's life" I told him I realize that and it was the least she could do to fight to save the kid from her decisions as she was the adult that took him out there. He said "Well she just made a mistake, just like the time you and DH went out in too much chop in your kayaks years ago"

This guy is the type who will crap on anyone who misses one detail that gets them in trouble out in the world and never lets them forget it, but when a moo dies saving her kid after breaking a bunch of basic safety rules then suddenly she is a victim who "made a mistake"

She died, I guess doing what a "woman is supposed to do" giving up her life for her kid and that seemed to absolve her of being called a dumbass like the rest of us, but if it was a CF couple or a single person who did the exactly same foolish things then they would be laughed at all the way to the cemetary

I guess moos are allowed to get away with being dumb and ditzy if you can relate to them.
Re: The moo from Glee
July 16, 2020
cfdavep
She died, I guess doing what a "woman is supposed to do" giving up her life for her kid and that seemed to absolve her of being called a dumbass like the rest of us

Women are supposed to give up autonomy over their lives in order to reproduce and raise their offspring...if they can in fact literally give up their lives for their children, I guess that makes them the ultimate in womanhood. Kudos to them. I'll be over here with my cats, not being dead from idiocy.
July 16, 2020
cfdavep
I was talking to my uncle about this case and asked him how someone could be silly enough to jump of a rented boat with no life jacket and no knowledge that an un-anchored boat can float away. I think she thought bigger boats stay where they are

He said "Well she died saving her kid's life" I told him I realize that and it was the least she could do to fight to save the kid from her decisions as she was the adult that took him out there. He said "Well she just made a mistake, just like the time you and DH went out in too much chop in your kayaks years ago"

I guess moos are allowed to get away with being dumb and ditzy if you can relate to them.

Clearly there was no adult on the boat. People may think she looks like an adult but her behavior proves otherwise.

The kid had a life jacket on, the moo did not. I'm wondering what danger the kid was in, was he going to float to death?
The water temperature had to be pleasant or they wouldn't have been swimming. Then again, this moo may have not checked it before jumping in. The moo was completely lacking in any common sense. I'm older than her and I remember very well boat safety from a kid. If you wanted to swim you put on a life jacket, period. As a matter of fact you put on a life jacket before you went on a boat if the boat owners cared about safety. Most of them required it in case of an emergency even if you had no intention of going into the water.

What did this moo think an anchor is for? A photo on social media? If this didn't kill her then her lack of common sense would have killed her sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if she was required to sign off on boat safety documentation before renting and she ignored it all. Probably too busy with her kid distracting her to pay attention to life saving advice.

Also as a kid I recall jumping in the water when a boat wasn't anchored and noting how far a boat can move and depending on the wind, this can happen quickly. How can an adult not know this? It is basic common sense that a boat is going to drift until anchored. And if she didn't know this beforehand how could she be out in the water and not observe where the boat is once she was in the water? Look for the boat once in the water, it is moving away? Swim back to the boat and anchor it you fool. And put on your life jacket because you are stupid.

Objects move in swimming pools: rafts and floaties and all that. There really isn't any excuse for this stupidity.
Sheez. hitting head against a brick wall
July 16, 2020
I didn't know too much about this so I went looking and found this:

Rivera, 33, was boating with her 4-year-old son Wednesday afternoon when she went missing. The boy was found asleep and wearing a life vest late Wednesday afternoon and told investigators that he and his mother went swimming and he got back on the boat, but Rivera did not. Another life jacket was also found in the boat. Her son described being helped into the boat by his mother from behind, but told investigators that when he looked back, he saw Rivera disappear under the water. Ayub said it was still speculation, but it was possible Rivera got caught in some currents that appear in the lake in the afternoon.

"The idea perhaps being that the boat started drifting, it was unanchored," Ayub said. "And that she mustered enough energy to get her son back onto the boat but not enough to save herself."

This is all conjecture and we are talking about answers from a four year old. They are almost tripping over themselves to not talk about plausible nefarious motives. For all we know she may have been depressed and wanted to off herself and her kid, then decided to put him in back in the boat.

I am cynical enough to think, wait for the toxicology report. If she was boozed or drugged up perhaps someone may finally point out the obvious, that she made a lot of errors. When one is alone, wearing a life jacket is always a good idea and for being such a sainted moo, she put her kid in danger too.

One thing that is not conjecture is the press's treatment of Moos, as we have discussed in the Breederific thread.
July 16, 2020
freya
Objects move in swimming pools: rafts and floaties and all that. There really isn't any excuse for this stupidity.
Sheez. hitting head against a brick wall

Brains aren't prerequisites for breeding.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 17, 2020
She'll be lauded for saving the kid's life, but nobody thinks about the aftermath. Because of her choices, that kid is going to experience the grief of losing a mother, with a huge helping of survivor's grief. It was ultimately her choices that caused the situation, but the kid will be the one to suffer.
July 17, 2020
yurble
She'll be lauded for saving the kid's life, but nobody thinks about the aftermath. Because of her choices, that kid is going to experience the grief of losing a mother, with a huge helping of survivor's grief. It was ultimately her choices that caused the situation, but the kid will be the one to suffer.

The kids are ALWAYS the ones to suffer for idiot choices their adults in life make.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 17, 2020
Wouldn't it be nice if the media actually properly warned people about idiot's dumb-ass decisions that result in maiming and death instead of tippy-toeing around the issues ?
July 18, 2020
bell_flower
This is all conjecture and we are talking about answers from a four year old. They are almost tripping over themselves to not talk about plausible nefarious motives.

You're right. That sounds like some serious hoop-jumping to avoid any hint that motherhood may not have been the single driving force behind her actions. Because what else could it be, right? Motherhood is the sum total of a woman's experience....
July 18, 2020
It was a Pontoon boat she rented, ie "the party barge" I think everytime that kid sees one of those boats he will think of it. I saw about half a dozen today. They are "the mini van" of boats. I think people think that these boats or more stable then they are and it is like that idea of SUV's being safer for kiddies than cars.
July 18, 2020
yurble

A parent dying to save their brat sounds great in a movie script, but it's not so heartwarming for the surviving parties associated with the dead parent. I don't think she's a hero - I think she's a fucking moron. Why did she rent such a huge boat for a two-person outing? Why was the kid wearing a life jacket and not Moo (there was an adult-size life jacket on board)? Why didn't she take at least one other adult with her in the event something happened? Did she know about the particularly violent currents that come up during the specific time of day she chose to venture onto the lake?

I wonder if suicide can be ruled out. Why someone would drown themselves instead of using a faster and less frightening method is beyond me, but then if someone wants to kill themselves, they probably aren't feeling too sane to begin with anyway.
July 18, 2020
The kid floated out there on the lake for nearly 4 hours before someone noticed, sleeping through it. When the temp changes and a cold or warm front comes in waves can get to the point of whitecaps and Pontoons take on water from the front. He coulda capsized and drowned
July 19, 2020

That sounds like some serious hoop-jumping to avoid any hint that motherhood may not have been the single driving force behind her actions. Because what else could it be, right? Motherhood is the sum total of a woman's experience....

Right? If the toxicology report comes back that she has drugs or high levels of booze, we'll probably hear how she was a hard-working, bizzy Moo with a stressful Hollywood "job." And it's only h8rs who point out she was endangering her kid. She was just trying to offer him some water recreation. bull shitting

If a person who was not his mother did this, she would have been rightly demonized by the press. There would have been non-stop Mooing about the danger to the chyld, and the entire Breederific U.S. would be breathing a sigh of relief that the kid was unharmed.

But because his own Moo did it to him, the story will die until her autopsy comes out.
July 19, 2020
https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/14/naya-rivera-autopsy-complete-no-initial-signs-drugs-alcohol/

I guess they did the autopsy already and discovered she...died from drowning. They are waiting for the report concerning drugs or alcohol
August 02, 2020
We had a case here on the Island (Long) a few weeks back. Three India Indians all drowned more or less at the same time in their back yard pool. They were all over 50. I think they all had come from India, had never learned to swim (understandable, they probably did not or could not get the chance) and would wade around in the shallow end. They were FUCKING STOOOPID.

They drowned because one of the idiots got too close to the deep end and slipped down the deep end slope and panicked. The other two numnuts both tried to 'swim' out to her and help. Didn't have the brains to get out, get something to help, call 911. Or even have something on hand for an emergency: a life ring on a rope to throw out, something. Did not even have the brains to try and learn floating. all they had to do was start in the shallow end and learn how to float. At the very least, they should have put up some rope across the pool a foot or 2 before the drop off.

They should have had life preservers if they couldn't be arsed to learn how to float. They're supposed to be smarter than kids.

this was avoidable.

My mother taught me how to swim by the time I was a year and a half. She used a bathtub and we were lucky there was a Y near where we lived. The techniques are out there. Too many parunts wait too long and you see these farking kids with their stupid water wings on their arms.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 03, 2020
Every pool I’ve ever been in (and I’ve been in a lot of pools) had a gradual slope to the deepest end. Even the pool at my childhood home, which dropped from 4 feet deep to 9 feet deep in a distance of about 10 feet (so about a foot deeper every two feet further in) would have been very difficult to slip off and drown in. They must have worked at it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
August 03, 2020
When a person can't swim, and they get in a pool anyway, they panic at a slope.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 03, 2020
My parents screwed up a lot of things, but they found money in the budget to teach their kids to swim because simple drowning is a preventable death.

I support a local pool in town that has a program to teach elementary-school kids how to swim. Yeah, bitter, CF me supporting something for the public good and picking up the slack for parunts.

Back when the pool was open, I was watching one of the instructors as she worked with a little boy. He would not put his face in the water for ANYTHING. He was TERRIFIED of the water. Water deserves respect, but some parents think they are doing the right thing to make their kids terrified of the water, and then they are hard to teach.

My ex went to a fancy, private, expensive university. It required every incoming freshman to demonstrate swimming competency. You have to be able to swim the length of the pool during freshman orientation. Everyone knows what's coming, but according to my ex, a good 10-15% jumped in the water and could not swim at all. They had to be pulled out of the pool and they were not prepared.

Buy a house with a pool? make sure you can swim before you get in it. It's pretty simple.
August 03, 2020
I was put into swimming lessons when I was six, I think? And I can swim just fine, though I admit I was adamant about not putting my face in the water because I didn't like it and I'd throw a shitfit if someone made me. I still can't do a proper front crawl because I can't do that thing where I put my face in the water and turn it to the side to breathe. I also refused to go off the diving board or dive into the deep end to retrieve stuff instructors threw into the water because I'd panic when my head went under and I'd forget to hold my breath and I'd swallow water.

I can swim well enough to survive and enjoy a pool safely, but definitely not well enough to, say, swim competitively.

Any parent who doesn't teach their kid to swim starting at a young age is asking for trouble. Swimming is fun and great exercise, but it's also something you might have to do to survive. It's very easy to drown if you get in over your head and very young kids especially are drawn to water like moths to a flame. This attraction is multiplied tenfold for tards.

But who knows, maybe some parents intentionally don't teach their kids to swim because it might interfere with a future PNA attempt and/or lawsuit against a pool owner. I'd also be lying if I said I haven't heard more than one person claim that children don't need to be taught to swim because they are natural swimmers from bobbing around in amniotic fluid in the uterus.
August 04, 2020
The first time my mother took me into the pool with her I did cry, however after that first time she said I took to water like a fish.

After about a year with my adoptive family, my mother, sister, and I went to a public pool, and my mother had a panic because I disappeared. I was eventually discovered paddling like a puppy in the deep pool. I was not three years old, and already an accomplished little swimmer.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 13, 2020
There are places where it is difficult to find an opportunity to learn how to swim, for instance in poorer areas of large cities. So I can understand parents not teaching their children to swim, if there are no facilities available. But once you are an adult and have more opportunities, you have two sensible choices: take swimming lessons, or stay out of the water.
August 15, 2020
What a I read about this case (kid in lifejacket, apparently adult was not) is very common. The adult assumes they'll be fine because they know how to swim. Then they wind up in the water under less than ideal swimming conditions: they're tired, sick, injured, drunk, high, or unconscious. The weather's shitty. It's dark. Etc. Also, you can't help your kid if you're expending energy keeping yourself afloat.

I think I was around two when I learned to swim. I don't remember it well, but my mom said I was terrified about putting my face in the water and my swim instructor "practically had to dunk me". Once I got over that I took to the water quite well.

My dad is the perfect example of what you mention, yurble. He grew up a working-class white kid in the middle of Chicago (not the burbs). Swimming facilities were nil, and money was not available anyway. He did learn to swim later on, because he wanted to be able to do water things with us.
August 16, 2020
Cambion
I was put into swimming lessons when I was six, I think? And I can swim just fine, though I admit I was adamant about not putting my face in the water because I didn't like it and I'd throw a shitfit if someone made me. I still can't do a proper front crawl because I can't do that thing where I put my face in the water and turn it to the side to breathe. I also refused to go off the diving board or dive into the deep end to retrieve stuff instructors threw into the water because I'd panic when my head went under and I'd forget to hold my breath and I'd swallow water.

I can swim well enough to survive and enjoy a pool safely, but definitely not well enough to, say, swim competitively.

It's not just you. My father was a national level swimmer and one of those parents who think kids can just be thrown in the pool and they'll do fine. The first time he threw me in I went straight to the bottom, and I've been terrified of water ever since. If I was to fall off a boat I would likely drown before I got rescued. I still do water sports, but never without a lifejacket on, and only when it's something I really want to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login