Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great comeback

Posted by cfdavep 
Great comeback
July 27, 2020
I looked and couldn't find the post on cf- reddit. It was just about a woman who had to deal with a customer at work losing his shit with joy all over the store over a new grandbaybee and telling her to get on one herself

Someone posted and said "People are so f-ing basic. Maybe it is just jealousy on my part, but I have no ability to get a raging hard-on over things so banal"

The guy was acting like he won the powerball and is going from fixed income, to island off the coast of Greece.
Re: Great comeback
July 28, 2020
I cannot figure out why so many people get so happy when some woman gets pregnant. I mean, it happens to lots of people. Not just babies but weddings, engagements, baby showers.

An example of this was my father, a devout Catholic who was pro life. We never wanted for anything growing up and were middle class, not poor at all. However, I remember we needed home improvements, new cars when they were leaving us stranded, all of his clothes looked awful, and I remember him being too cheap to buy me a new vacuum cleaner (yes, a teenage male, me, wanted a vacuum cleaner). Yet, when my sisters were married, dad would spend $15,000-20,000 each on 3 weddings that were over in one day to "give a couple a good start" and also gifts when they have babies. I can't think of a worse waste of money than weddings. Why do people want to spend money on these events?
July 28, 2020
The public isn't obligated to share in any excitement of strangers, period. Sure, store employees might be drafted into faking excitement out of politeness, but that is one of those captive audience traps that attention whores feed off of. Bet this grandpoo has told women strangers they should smile, seems like that type.
July 28, 2020
mr. neptune
I can't think of a worse waste of money than weddings. Why do people want to spend money on these events?

I read recently weddings cost an average of over $30K and that doesn't include a honeymoon. If finances allow it isn't an issue. But for the average person this seems like an outrageous waste of money.
July 28, 2020
I understand people wanting to have a nice wedding. Getting married is something you do hopefully only once. However the cost has gotten completely out of control. I think some of it is people wanting to imitate celebrities. When people read about Mr. Rock Star and Ms. Supermodel having an extravagant 3 day party on some exotic island they think they should have the same thing. It does not occur to them the celebrities don't work at Walmart like they do.
July 28, 2020
freya
mr. neptune
I can't think of a worse waste of money than weddings. Why do people want to spend money on these events?

I read recently weddings cost an average of over $30K and that doesn't include a honeymoon. If finances allow it isn't an issue. But for the average person this seems like an outrageous waste of money.

I felt it was a waste of money for dad, this was back in the 80s/90s when $15,000 would be $30-45,000 today. Yes, he also gave money for the honeymoon. I have read that if you want your marriage to last, skip the honeymoon, but I could never figure out a reason that would make any difference. Any insight here into that matter?

Oh, wait, I just thought, a lot of pregnancies happen on the honeymoon.
July 28, 2020
mr. neptune
freya
mr. neptune

I felt it was a waste of money for dad, this was back in the 80s/90s when $15,000 would be $30-45,000 today. Yes, he also gave money for the honeymoon. I have read that if you want your marriage to last, skip the honeymoon, but I could never figure out a reason that would make any difference. Any insight here into that matter?

Oh, wait, I just thought, a lot of pregnancies happen on the honeymoon.

I think you're onto something with the honeymoon. Kids are known for ruining marriages but it is more about how the adults cope and plan (if they do any of either) than the kids themselves. They didn't ask to be born.

People can be weird about weddings and making it a top priority to pay for it, regardless of sacrifice. I've heard of people putting the entire ceremony on a credit card and paying it off years later when they are divorced.

I have a family member who had a wedding at a reasonable cost ($5,000 in late 90's) for most. But not so reasonable for two students. We only found out later that after the wedding they could barely buy food. I think sometimes either postponing a wedding or coming up with alternate options is better. Having a wedding, then not being able to eat a week later while staring at a brand new set of luggage sounds miserable.
July 28, 2020
Weddings in my family were nice but they would have been considered very cheap by many today. For example, my sister and my mother wore white dresses that were not wedding dresses. Mom wore a small veil, but I don't think that was from a wedding shop, and sister was married in a friend's church. Both weddings were had for under a thousand bucks by today's prices. The family took the photos.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login