Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Horseshit childhood mental disorders

Posted by Cambion 
Re: Horseshit childhood mental disorders
August 12, 2020
I was highly attached to my mother due to my extremely long and involved upbringing due to Autism. However, Mom was not afraid to call me a 'pest' and tell me to leave her alone.

All three parents, father, stepfather, and mother all had hobbies that were not related to children. My father had been a photographer of considerable skill, and the photography followed him his entire adult life.

The mother and stepfather were borderline hoarders, especially my stepfather who bought crap from every yard sale from California to Arizona. He had 10,000 LP's at one point and a dozen other collections of bewildering types. Both stepfather and mother never met a cat that didn't come home with them. They once had 20 cats and two dogs, one a large husky, living with them in, and around their 25 foot RV. When my parents both died, I had four storage units and a 40 foot RV to get rid of.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 16, 2020
craftyzits
All three parents, father, stepfather, and mother all had hobbies that were not related to children. My father had been a photographer of considerable skill, and the photography followed him his entire adult life.

I think this is what's disappearing nowadays, and it's not good for anyone involved. Seems like I see more hobbies that are kind of shared family events that they all do together. Or maybe those are just what parents publicize for attention.

From when I was very small I remember my parents playing bridge with friends, going jogging (sometimes together, sometimes separately), and gardening.

From when I got older: Dad got way more into gardening, Mom did a lot of DIY repair/improvement projects. Both were runners until age sidelined them. Dad also worked out at the health club and Mom went to book club.

None of those hobbies involved us kids at all. It never occurred to us that doing stuff without their kids was odd in any way.
August 16, 2020
randomcfchick
craftyzits

I think this is what's disappearing nowadays, and it's not good for anyone involved. Seems like I see more hobbies that are kind of shared family events that they all do together. Or maybe those are just what parents publicize for attention.

From when I was very small I remember my parents playing bridge with friends, going jogging (sometimes together, sometimes separately), and gardening.

From when I got older: Dad got way more into gardening, Mom did a lot of DIY repair/improvement projects. Both were runners until age sidelined them. Dad also worked out at the health club and Mom went to book club.

None of those hobbies involved us kids at all. It never occurred to us that doing stuff without their kids was odd in any way.

This is so true. The parental hobbies were a part of the family background noise, reassuring in a way to the children. When adult friends of the parents came over for slideshow night, it was said they expected snaps of brats and vacations. They got something else. Dad took part photos, the kind you see in galleries.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 22, 2020
ondinette
Another one is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s it was considered entirely normal for kids to have short attention spans and lots of energy. Parents and teachers were always telling us to sit down, shut up, and pay attention. The expectation was we would gradually get better at doing this and need to be told less and less as we grew up. Now the normal is pathologized and medicated. I can believe a kid has a disorder if it is an extreme case, but most are not.

Also the elimination of recess has not helped kids' behavior issues. Most elementary school aged kids need a few breaks during the day.

Autism might or might not be real. I am beginning to wonder if I am a high functioning autistic who was never diagnosed. It would explain the problems I've had both as a child and as an adult. However I can't believe every other kid is on the spectrum.

Conduct disorders and oppositional defiant disorder are bullshit. Most of the time it is just brattiness caused by shitty parenting. In some cases there might be an underlying mental disorder which needs to be dealt with, but still the phrase "conduct disorder" is bullshit.

BBM

I believe autism is real but I do not believe that one out of every 3 kids has autism or is on the autism scale.

The real problem is the labelling of kids (and adults) in our society.
August 22, 2020
It seems to be common now to call every single thing a child does a "disorder." If a kid is a screaming brat, it's autistic. If it's a little slow to pick things up, it has a learning disorder. If a kid only eats three foods, it has an eating disorder.

How many disorders are just kids being kids without adequate parenting?

Also, I found another list of bullshit disorders, which includes stereotypic movement disorder (unnecessary movement), selective mutism (shyness), mathematics disorder (being bad at math), expressive language disorder (not being good at talking), encopresis (shitting your pants) and enuresis (bedwetting).

None of those are disorders! That sounds like an average child! Most kids move unnecessarily, are shy, are weak in some subjects and have accidents. Jesus fucking christ, can't a kid be a kid without being diagnosed with something? By this logic, I have selective mutism, mathematics disorder and expressive language disorder because I'm an introvert who is bad at math and has trouble speaking clearly at times.
August 23, 2020
The school I went to in elementary would take the passes out labels given to the brats, shove the paperwork in a drawer, than proceed to teach the brats via behavioral modification.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 07, 2020
Lack of parenting, and lousy diet among shitlings is the problem.

All you need do is look at the garbage pahrunts buy their fucktrophies to eat at the supermarket.

Sugar
Sugar
Artificial flavors
Artificial colors
More sugar
More sugar
and more sugar

Then they wonder why Shitford and Snotleigh are so irritable and hyper. Not to mention obese with rotting teeth.

Clean up their fucking diets, and start parenting or a change.
September 07, 2020
These children have no future so killing them off early is mercy.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 07, 2020
selidororous
Lack of parenting, and lousy diet among shitlings is the problem.

All you need do is look at the garbage pahrunts buy their fucktrophies to eat at the supermarket.

Sugar
Sugar
Artificial flavors
Artificial colors
More sugar
More sugar
and more sugar

Then they wonder why Shitford and Snotleigh are so irritable and hyper. Not to mention obese with rotting teeth.

Clean up their fucking diets, and start parenting or a change.

But but but, Junior won't eat anything else! Moo HAS to feed him sugary/fatty crap or else he won't eat at all! Oh, and it HAS to be pretty colors and made into fun shapes and come in fun packaging or else he won't eat it.

I don't think anyone's gonna fault parents for giving their kids some garbage now and then, but when all the fuckers eat is fucking Gogurt, Uncrustables, Fruity Pebbles, chocolate milk and Mountain Dew, of course they're going to be hyperactive brats. Then the parents use Google to diagnose their little monsters with ADHD and sensory issues because the kids will refuse to eat anything but crap and pitch huge tantrums when they don't get their dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets.
Anonymous User
September 15, 2020
I have to agree with what someone said in another forum here about how most of the "disorders" we see in kids nowadays is a bunch ofbull shitting. from quacks giving breeders "diagnoses" so that moo and duh have an excuse to not actually parent their sprogs and also so moo and duh can get those "disability" checks.

I'd venture a guess and say that 90% of "disabilities" and "disorders" in kids nowadays is a bunch of bull and is the result of people being lazy and not wanting to actually parent their kids.

I also believe that O.D.D is a crock of shit because my little half-brother was diagnosed with it and I believe he was just a plain old rotten little asshole.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login