Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Easier to get a sex change

Posted by cfdavep 
Easier to get a sex change
August 19, 2020
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/icigxz/so_i_cant_be_sterilised_but_i_can_have_a_dick/

It is scay that it is easier to get a sex change nowdays than to get sterilized
Re: Easier to get a sex change
August 19, 2020
Yep, we gotta keep up the cannon fodder to kill the brown people ya know.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 19, 2020
I was talking to my dh about his vasectomy and he said that the first doctor, a white man, refused the vasectomy. He then went to an East Indian doc and no problem. I wonder if the problem is the idea of whites subsconsciously not wanting to sterilize whites. Or maybe E. Indians see first hand the problems of horrible overpopulation and poverty and are realistic.

There just seems to be a real problem with white docs and sterilization or is it totally a fear of lawsuits? IDK
August 19, 2020
At one point I had an Indian ob-gyn whom I saw for three years. I was up front and mentioned sterilization from Day One. When I pushed the issue at age 36, she gave me a ration of shit. Even her damn nurse did! The NURSE told me I'd "better think this over" and did I push back. It infuriated me that 36 year old, stable, degreed, home-owning me was getting the all that patronizing shit they throw out about it being a permanent procedure.

I insisted on signing the consent forms THAT DAY. (My state has a 30 day waiting period, ONLY for people who do not have children, by the way.) When I changed doctors, the bitch actually refused to give me a copy of my consent forms and wouldn't turn them over until the hospital called her for them.

(Not making a statement to invalidate what cfdavep said, just sharing my experience.)

I suspect there are jerkwad doctors of every ethnicity and race everywhere. Ironically, I got a tubal from an uber-catholic doctor who was from a family of NINE and was desperately trying to have kids herself. On my FIRST consult with my present doctor, she agreed I needed a hysterectomy. I saw her on the first day back from her maternity leave for her third child.

Thank Goodness some doctors can think rationally about medical procedures. Sterilization is the most common form of birth control for a reason, because it works. Why shouldn't a CF person have access to it too?
August 19, 2020
I too lucked out in finding a rational doctor and he was one of those doctors who has walls covered in brats. I was even in his office alongside parents holding tiny twins. He yanked my baby oven & rotten eggs cuz I was bleeding to death.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 19, 2020
Lovely how many different ways a person can permanently alter their bodies and no one will bat an eye. You can have fake boobs, a completely cosmetically reconstructed face, tattoos, change your whole gender, have your stomach reduced to a 1/4 cup capacity and so on. I think the only other thing you cannot do is voluntary amputation of a healthy limb, which I think is how some doctors probably see sterilization. If someone is willing to pay for a procedure - even an "unnecessary" one - they should not be refused, unless it can be proven they are legitimately mentally disturbed.

Perhaps if doctors could be sued for refusing to do these procedures or refusing to refer the patient to someone who will do it, they'd shut their fucking holes and sterilize people who ask for it. I'm not one to advocate frivolous lawsuits, but no one should have to be refused sterilization. I mean sure, have them sign a waiver and perhaps attend a couple counseling sessions just to ensure the patient is sane and they aren't asking for the surgery after a bad breakup or anything.

Plus, it's no secret that women have the worst time trying to get sterilized from both genders. Male doctors will refuse them because I think some see it as an insult that someone with a vagina would not want to be impregnated by someone with a penis, and they take it personally. Female doctors will refuse either because of the "misery loves company" breeder rule or because that doctor is struggling to have her own brats. This is purely speculation, of course, but I refuse to believe there isn't a personal agenda involved with anti-sterilization doctors. Any doctor regardless of gender also doesn't want to miss out on the big bucks they can make off a patient when they get pregnant and proceed to bring their kid in for 17 years of pediatric appointments.

I know men don't have it nearly as hard when it comes to getting sterilized. Why is it that only women will change their minds about kids and not men? Why is it men somehow know their own bodies better and can make more informed decisions about their bodies compared to women? Because I'm pretty sure that aside from other various bits and pieces that are gender-specific, decisions about bodily autonomy are not solely male territory.

Obviously not all providers are like this and I know that plenty of CFers have also successfully gotten sterilized young and/or without bullshit, but it goes to show how rare those chances still are when there has to be a devoted database of CF friendly doctors.

Here's a thought: don't call it sterilization - maybe call it a partial internal sex change? If the sex change angle appeals to these assholes in coats more, work it. Sometimes I feel like the only way a woman can get sterilized is if she shoots herself in the uterus, and even then, every measure will be taken to save the organ.
August 20, 2020
Cambion, I don't know if men really have an easier time getting snipped. Probably not. Other forums discuss doctors giving young guys who want sterilization a bunch of crap or outright refusing to do the procedure. Doctors seem to resist sterilization regardless.

A long time ago we discussed urologists requiring wives to consent to husbands getting a vasectomy, and we even had links to the doctors' forms. Some members said it worked the other way, with husbands having to agree to their wives' tubals. This violates HIPAA medical privacy laws in the US, and those days of requiring spousal consent seem to have largely ended except in some backwaters.

Some of this might come from all the bad publicity about states forcing sterilization on "undesirables" decades ago. Today doctors recognize bodily autonomy even when it makes little sense, as with an aggressive adult tard who assaults women. The tard should be sterilized, but doctors won't do it now because the ethics changed. This bleeds over into not wanting to do voluntary sterilization of normal, responsible adults.
August 20, 2020
I wonder if it is just the power trip, some docs just get off on having that type of control. They know that you can't do a tubal on yourself so they can enforce their beliefs on you, like a pro-liar turning someone down for an abortion.

I do think that maybe people should be able to sue them for not sending them to a doc who will do it if they are opposed to it as they should not be able to treat a mentally competent, legally of age person like that. If someone does regret it, that is just called adulthood, they made their decision and need to deal with it
August 20, 2020
Cambion
Why is it that only women will change their minds about kids and not men?

Excellent question.

kman
Cambion, I don't know if men really have an easier time getting snipped. Probably not.

They do according to everything I have read and heard ever and the people I personally know who have sought sterilization, both before and after having kids. Overall, women have a harder time getting medical professionals to take them seriously to begin with. Add in a taboo subject like "I dare not to want children" and the pushback shoots up.
August 20, 2020
kman
Cambion, I don't know if men really have an easier time getting snipped. Probably not. Other forums discuss doctors giving young guys who want sterilization a bunch of crap or outright refusing to do the procedure. Doctors seem to resist sterilization regardless.

This is something else I can only guess about, but I do know from reading people's experiences trying to get sterilized, men generally get considerably less shit about their decision to eliminate their fertility while women will be spoken down to and refused because they might change their minds. This isn't to say they don't run into resistance, but odds are usually in the man's favor in regard to sterilization compared to women.

I brought up sterilization with my gyno several years back and she said no doctor would perform the procedure on someone in their twenties because they would "feel bad" if I regretted it, herself included. Ohhh WELL THEN, I'll just not do something that would benefit my physical and mental health so a doctor won't get hurty fee-fees!

This gyno also happens to be an OB. Hmmmm, yeah I'm sure there's no agenda there refusing to sterilize a childfree woman! Meanwhile, when I said no to an IUD because I was scared of the pain, she laughed and said, "Well it's a good thing you're not having kids, then!" Yeah, it sure is a shame there's no long-term birth control I could get that hurts a little less than IUD insertion and lasts longer. Someone will have to think of that next! bemused eye roll
August 21, 2020
After I had my tubal I mentioned it to a doc in the ER when I was asked about previous surgeries and was told "Who DID THAT to you?" so even after it is done and it is mentioned you are assumed to have made a mistake if you are younger.

Imagine someone appoaching a preggo and saying "Jesus, who did that to you?"
August 21, 2020

After I had my tubal I mentioned it to a doc in the ER when I was asked about previous surgeries and was told "Who DID THAT to you?" so even after it is done and it is mentioned you are assumed to have made a mistake if you are younger.

Jeebus fuck, that is so unprofessional.

I had a doctor ask me why I was sterilized and I said, "because I wanted permanent birth control, any questions?" and I gave the bitch a brief stare down.

And here is some more gold from Cambion:

Lovely how many different ways a person can permanently alter their bodies and no one will bat an eye. You can have fake boobs, a completely cosmetically reconstructed face, tattoos, change your whole gender, have your stomach reduced to a 1/4 cup capacity and so on. I think the only other thing you cannot do is voluntary amputation of a healthy limb, which I think is how some doctors probably see sterilization. If someone is willing to pay for a procedure - even an "unnecessary" one - they should not be refused, unless it can be proven they are legitimately mentally disturbed.

Absolutely. I know some people become doctors for altruistic reasons but what could possibly be the motive for giving a woman absurdly large breast implants other than greed?

If you watch the show "botched" you will see the results of some of these procedures: necrotizing tissue, genuine health risks, etc, yet a CF woman who wants a valid medical procedure cannot get one? It's maddening.
September 27, 2020
@sterilization: In my personal observation, men have it way easier when it comes to getting sterilized. I think there is an unspoken stereotype. Women are viewed as "gate keepers" who control the process of procreation and use their intelligence in their decisions. Men are often viewed as impulsive, acting upon the instinct, kind of beings. I personally would think that well educated individuals like doctors would not subscribe to such primitive stereotype, but that does not seem to be the case.
September 30, 2020
If you say something like this in a lot of CF groups you get called a TERF and other anti-trans insults. To add to what others are saying, it's absolutely nuts that "protecting fertility" seems to be more important than meeting basic health care needs. Hate to say it, but women are going to keep being up against a wall for true bodily autonomy as long as the pervasive attitude exists that "of course ALL womben want baybees!" This fallacy is so often propagated by women in power as well - I'm sick of seeing "I'm a mom!" ads from our local senate candidate for example. Then all the other "MARRY AND REPRODUCE" messaging that gets shoved in the face of the population that watches an average of five hours of TV every day.
September 30, 2020
Ketchup
If you say something like this in a lot of CF groups you get called a TERF and other anti-trans insults. To add to what others are saying, it's absolutely nuts that "protecting fertility" seems to be more important than meeting basic health care needs. Hate to say it, but women are going to keep being up against a wall for true bodily autonomy as long as the pervasive attitude exists that "of course ALL womben want baybees!" This fallacy is so often propagated by women in power as well - I'm sick of seeing "I'm a mom!" ads from our local senate candidate for example. Then all the other "MARRY AND REPRODUCE" messaging that gets shoved in the face of the population that watches an average of five hours of TV every day.

Not only will this continue but it will get worse. That new Judge that the GOP are pushing is a rabid Catholic and feels women to be nothing but Pez dispensers of babies. Say goodbye to abortion and ANY form of birth control and pray you don't get raped because bodily autonomy is a thing of the past.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login